PDA

View Full Version : Near Death Experience

arcticwolf
06-23-2012, 01:49 PM
They say that near death experience changes those who go thru it. The transformation is profound. They become unselfish and kind. There is something going on there. Have you had one? Do you know anyone that did? What do you think about it?

Siginulfo
06-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Some weeks ago a car was about to kill me. Since then I've been more unkind than ever :D

arcticwolf
06-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Some weeks ago a car was about to kill me. Since then I've been more unkind than ever :D

Please go and play in the sandbox! This is a serious thread! :D

safinator
06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes, when i've heard Justin Bieber song Baby i felt i was going to die.

arcticwolf
06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes, when i've heard Justin Bieber song Baby i felt i was going to die.

That's fantastic, now go play in the sandbox with Protospatha. :D

Maddy
06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
My great-grandmother had a NDE about a month before she actually died. She was having surgery done on her...and was actually pronounced dead....when she came to....she said she came out of her body, and everything was ok (her whole life she had been afraid of dying...and I think this helped her transition easier). She was put to sleep for her surgery, but gave details about it that there was no way she could have known unless she was actually out of body.

arcticwolf
06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
My great-grandmother had a NDE about a month before she actually died. She was having surgery done on her...and was actually pronounced dead....when she came to....she said she came out of her body, and everything was ok (her whole life she had been afraid of dying...and I think this helped her transition easier). She was put to sleep for her surgery, but gave details about it that there was no way she could have known unless she was actually out of body.

That's very interesting. It's almost certain we are two parts: matter and mind. To compare it to a computer the body is the hardware and the mind is the software. Microprocessor as complicated as it is without software is useless. As science has no way to detect non-material entity, it's beyond it's capabilities. I have no doubt there is more to an individual than the matter (particles and energy).

Methusalem
01-20-2014, 11:24 AM
I think I had it once after a car accident.

Weedman
01-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Weedman
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
They say that near death experience changes those who go thru it. The transformation is profound. They become unselfish and kind. There is something going on there. Have you had one? Do you know anyone that did? What do you think about it?

have one and you tell us what it's like.

lol

arcticwolf
01-25-2014, 05:17 PM
oki dok we've heard from "experts" lol now, let's go back to the topic.

ONLY THOSE who know something about near death experience voice your opinions, this is not "I'm afraid of death and I want to experience shit before I die" thread.

Jesus, this forum is becoming moronic! :laugh:

JQP4545
01-28-2014, 07:08 PM
People just make up near death experiences for fame, IMO.

wvwvw
01-30-2014, 11:31 PM
What is interesting about NDE is that advances in medical technology have allowed doctors to bring people back from death and giving rise to the near-death experience phenomenon. People are coming back to life and bringing with them remarkably vivid visions. They tell about visions of a bright Light or being surrounded by overwhelming love.

Example 1: An elderly woman had been blind since childhood. But, during her NDE, the woman had regained her sight and she was able to accurately describe the instruments and techniques used during the resuscitation her body. After the woman was revived, she reported the details to her doctor. She was able to tell her doctor who came in and out, what they said, what they wore, what they did, all of which was true. Her doctor then referred the woman to Moody who he knew was doing research at the time on NDEs.

Example 3: In another instance a woman with a heart condition was dying at the same time that her sister was in a diabetic coma in another part of the same hospital. The subject reported having a conversation with her sister as both of them hovered near the ceiling watching the medical team work on her body below. When the woman awoke, she told the doctor that her sister had died while her own resuscitation was taking place. The doctor denied it, but when she insisted, he had a nurse check on it. The sister had, in fact, died during the time in question.

The element of light is one, if not the, most important element of the near-death experience. In review of multiple NDE cases, researchers Raymond Moody and Melvin Morse made several noteworthy observations involving the light.

Of all the possible near-death elements, the light exerted the greatest influence on the individual. Patients interpreted the light as a being - a being that radiated love and warmth. Christians recognized the light as Christ. Atheists identified the spirit only as a guide.

Quantum physicists study the nature of light. The Bible speaks of light when talking about God. Near-death experiences describe going to a light that is welcoming, intelligent, and loving. Strangest of all, however, is the similarity of all these descriptions of the nature, presence, and behavior of light to descriptions of God. Could it be that light and God are one and the same? Physician Lee Baumann makes a case for exactly that. From many sources, Dr. Baumann has synthesized a compelling picture of what may be the true nature of our universe at all levels:

The Supernatural and Spiritual Aspects of Light
The following describes the awesome characteristics of light:
(1) Light was pervasive at the Big Bang and is predicted at the Universe's demise (alpha and omega).
(2) All matter is ultimately reducible to electromagnetic radiation (which includes light).
(3) Time ceases to exist at light speed.
(4) The energy of light is infinite.
(5) Physicists reveal experiments that show that light particles communicate!
(6) Light is the loving entity that welcomes the dying in near-death experiences.
(7) The Bible and the world's other major religious texts refer to God in terms of light.
(8)
The human race is very special - it is human observation that transforms light waves to light particles (i.e., how we experience reality).
(9) The second law of thermodynamics (entropy) dictates that an infinite amount of organization (hence, design) existed in the singularity of the Big Bang. This book (nondenominational) argues that these comparisons to God are not just serendipitous.

wvwvw
01-31-2014, 12:06 AM
Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist detailed a medical and scientific analysis of an amazing near-death experience of a woman named Pam Reynolds. She underwent a rare operation to remove a giant basilar artery aneurysm in her brain that threatened her life. The size and location of the aneurysm, however, precluded its safe removal using the standard neuro-surgical techniques. She was referred to a doctor who had pioneered a daring surgical procedure known as hypothermic cardiac arrest. It allowed Pam's aneurysm to be excised with a reasonable chance of success. This operation, nicknamed "standstill" by the doctors who perform it, required that Pam's body temperature be lowered to 60 degrees, her heartbeat and breathing stopped, her brain waves flattened, and the blood drained from her head. In everyday terms, she was put to death. After removing the aneurysm, she was restored to life. During the time that Pam was in standstill, she experienced a NDE. Her remarkably detailed veridical out-of-body observations during her surgery were later verified to be very accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0girxyDWM

For practical purposes outside the world of academic debate, three clinical tests commonly determine brain death. First, a standard electroencephalogram, or EEG, measures brain-wave activity. A "flat" EEG denotes non-function of the cerebral cortex - the outer shell of the cerebrum. Second, auditory evoked potentials, similar to those [clicks] elicited by the ear speakers in Pam's surgery, measure brain-stem viability. Absence of these potentials indicates non-function of the brain stem. And third, documentation of no blood flow to the brain is a marker for a generalized absence of brain function.

But during "standstill", Pam's brain was found "dead" by all three clinical tests - her electroencephalogram was silent, her brain-stem response was absent, and no blood flowed through her brain. Interestingly, while in this state, she encountered the "deepest" NDE of all Atlanta Study participants.

Some scientists theorize that NDEs are produced by brain chemistry. But, Dr. Peter Fenwick, a neuropsychiatrist and the leading authority in Britain concerning NDEs, believes that these theories fall far short of the facts. In the documentary, "Into the Unknown: Strange But True," Dr. Fenwick describes the state of the brain during a NDE:

"The brain isn't functioning. It's not there. It's destroyed. It's abnormal. But, yet, it can produce these very clear experiences ... an unconscious state is when the brain ceases to function. For example, if you faint, you fall to the floor, you don't know what's happening and the brain isn't working. The memory systems are particularly sensitive to unconsciousness. So, you won't remember anything. But, yet, after one of these experiences [a NDE], you come out with clear, lucid memories ... This is a real puzzle for science. I have not yet seen any good scientific explanation which can explain that fact."

"The modern tradition of equating death with an ensuing nothingness can be abandoned. For there is no reason to believe that human death severs the quality of the oneness in the universe." - Larry Dossey, MD

wvwvw
01-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Ancient history is replete with NDE reports. The oldest surviving explicit report of a NDE in Western literature comes from the famed Greek philosopher, Plato, who describes an event in his tenth book of his legendary book entitled Republic. In Plato's Republic, he concludes his discussion of immortal soul and ultimate justice with the story of Er. Traditional Greek culture had no strong faith in ultimate justice, as monotheistic faiths do.

Plato's cosmology is framed in the story of a NDE, although it obviously has been elaborated beyond an individual account into a collective cosmology. This amazing vision of the universal light, immortal soul is echoed 2500 years later in our contemporary NDE reports.

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a98610_NDE_plato.jpg

"To fear death is nothing other than to think oneself wise when one is not. For it is to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not even turn out to be one of the greatest blessings of human beings. And yet people fear it as if they knew for certain it is the greatest evil." Socrates

Elizabeth Taylor's Near Death Exoerience and her encounter with her dead ex-husband

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8Y5K62U8w

Interviewed by Larry King on CNN's Larry King Live and also by ABC News, famous actress Elizabeth Taylor spoke about her experience of dying on the operating table while undergoing surgery, and of passing through a tunnel towards a brilliant white light. Taylor said that while she was clinically dead, she had encountered the spirit of Michael Todd, one of her former husbands, whom she referred to as her great love. She had wanted to stay with Todd, she said, but he had told her that she had work and life ahead of her, and he "pushed me back to my life." Following her resuscitation, the eleven-person medical team, including doctors, nurses, etc., witnessed Taylor's testimonial of this event.

"I was pronounced dead once and actually saw the light. I find it very hard to talk about, actually, because it sounds so corny. It happened in the late '50s, and I saw Mike (Todd, Taylor's third husband, who was killed in a plane crash in 1958). When I came to, there were about 11 people in the room. I'd been gone for about five minutes - they had given me up for dead and put my death notice on the wall. I shared this with the people that were in the room next to me. Then after that I told another group of friends, and I thought, ‘Wow, this sounds really screwy. I think I'd better keep quiet about this.'"

Drawing-slim
01-31-2014, 12:50 AM
Unfortunately near death experience it's just a brain not functioning well, understandably.
What happens is that the brain & nerves around the eye area go completely black, shut off, also our body shuts off, while still deep inside our brain there remains some activity, which is to say the light at the end of tunnel.
Now this little part of our brain convinces itself that our body is floating when in fact nothing is happening, just a retard brain trying to find a way to make sense of itself or what's left of it.
Then we come back to life, our vision comes back.

Weedman
01-31-2014, 10:29 AM
oki dok we've heard from "experts" lol now, let's go back to the topic.

ONLY THOSE who know something about near death experience voice your opinions, this is not "I'm afraid of death and I want to experience shit before I die" thread.

Jesus, this forum is becoming moronic! :laugh:
you're a fucking idiot.and you read too much dumb shit instead talking to people with actual experiences

you're going to make a thread about death and then make light of it ?

just WTF do you think a "near death experience" is?

some stupid light you see after you go unconscious and shit? LOL!

its the single most scariest thing any human being can ever face. How many people do you think actually have a "NDE" and live to talk about it, dumb-ass?

that shit you see on TV where people talking about it is just made up 90% of the time

Weedman
01-31-2014, 10:33 AM
This is a serious thread! :D dont see how?

Weedman
01-31-2014, 10:35 AM

you watch too much bullshit on TV. None of this is how shit happens in reality an its not how people generally act after coming close to death.

arcticwolf
01-31-2014, 11:57 PM
you're a fucking idiot.and you read too much dumb shit instead talking to people with actual experiences

you're going to make a thread about death and then make light of it ?

just WTF do you think a "near death experience" is?

some stupid light you see after you go unconscious and shit? LOL!

its the single most scariest thing any human being can ever face. How many people do you think actually have a "NDE" and live to talk about it, dumb-ass?

that shit you see on TV where people talking about it is just made up 90% of the time

Are you off your meds or something? :laugh: