View Full Version : Body somatypes

Tabiti
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/163/somatotypes10si.jpg
http://www.brianmac.co.uk/somato.gif
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3449/bodytypesvm7gw5.jpg

ANDROID TYPE
http://www.liverdoctor.com/Image/bodytypea.jpg

The Android body type has broad shoulders and strong muscular limbs. The trunk is somewhat straight up and down and there is not much of a waist. The pelvis is narrow and the hips do not flare. Android types have an anabolic metabolism, which means that they tend to be body- building and will gain weight in the upper part of their body so that they may become apple-shaped. Most of their weight gain occurs on the front of the abdomen. They build muscle mass easily and make good athletes. They tend to produce more male hormones than do the other body types. Android types tend to crave foods that are high in cholesterol and salt. The body turns cholesterol into steroid hormones, which will have a body building effect. This may lead to some cellulite in the abdominal area, trunk and upper buttocks, but not below the hips.
IDEAL

OVERWEIGHT
GYNAEOID TYPE
http://www.liverdoctor.com/Image/bodytypeg.jpg
The Gynaeoid body type is the curvy shape with small to medium shoulders tapering to a small waist and then flaring below to wide curvaceous hips. Weight gain occurs only on the thighs and lower buttocks and gives a very feminine and curvy shape. Many gynaeoid types will have a big problem with cellulite accumulating around the upper thighs and buttocks. If they try to lose weight with just any old low-fat low-calorie diet, it can be quite frustrating because weight will tend to come off easily from areas where there is not a problem, while the thighs and buttocks retain their fatty deposits and cellulite. They often have a hormonal imbalance called estrogen dominance which means that there is too much estrogen compared to progesterone. They often crave foods combining high amounts of fat and sugar, which will increase their sensitivity to estrogen, leading to more cellulite in the buttocks and thighs. They do well with plant hormones (phyto-estrogens), which have a balancing effect and help them to reduce their estrogen dependent weight gain.
IDEAL

OVERWEIGHT
THYROID TYPE
http://www.liverdoctor.com/Image/bodytypet.jpg
The Thyroid body type is characterised by a fine narrow bone structure and long limbs. This body type often has a race-horse or grey hound appearance. Many dancers and models belong to this body type. Thyroid types often crave stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine and artificial sweeteners, and may miss meals. They often have problems with unstable blood sugar levels, which can cause fatigue and cravings for sugar and stimulants. Generally speaking, thyroid types do not gain weight easily and have a very high metabolic rate. Of all the body types they are least likely to develop cellulite and if it does occur, it is on the buttocks and back of the thighs.
IDEAL
http://www.liverdoctor.com/Image/bodytypet.jpg
OVERWEIGHT
LYMPHATIC TYPE

Lymphatic body types gain weight all over the body, and have a cuddly baby doll appearance. Weight gain occurs very easily because lymphatic types have a very low metabolic rate. They also have a dysfunctional lymphatic system resulting in generalised fluid retention, which makes them look fatter than they are. They are prone to deposits of fat swollen with lymphatic fluid, which can cause severe cellulite. This type of cellulite gives them thick puffy limbs so that it is hard to see their bone structure. They often avoid exercise and crave dairy products, both of which will exacerbate their cellulite.
IDEAL
http://www.liverdoctor.com/Image/bodytypel.jpg
OVERWEIGHT
test for females:
http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php?page=body-type

Vulpix
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
My results:

Thyroid: 62%
Gynaeoid: 38%

The THYROID shape The thyroid woman is characterised by a narrow streamlined shape with long limbs and fine bones. The long arms and legs produce a ‘thoroughbred racehorse look’. The breasts tend to be smallish although they may be moderate in size. Thyroid-shaped women are often tall, but even if they are not, they give the impression of being tall because of their long fine limbs. They have a ‘slender’ figure with a narrow waist and generally only small curves on the buttocks and thighs. They move gracefully and may be athletes, especially sprinters or basketball players, dancers or one of today’s models. Twiggy and Jerry Hall are the epitome of the thyroid shape. Their fingers and toes are long and fine to match their limbs and their necks are long and tend to be narrow. They could be described as ‘willowy’ meaning willow tree like and may have a fragile look about them. Their bones are small to average in size and the bone structure is clearly defined beneath a thin layer of subcutaneous fat. They are often bony in appearance with their ribs and bony protuberances (knobs) around their joints being very evident. If weight gain occurs, fat is first deposited around the abdomen and upper thighs with the upper part of the body remaining slim.

The GYNAEOID shape
This shape is characterised by a pear shape, with the body flaring outwards towards the hips and thighs. The buttocks are curved and rounded and the thighs are curved outwards laterally and may touch together on the inside or medial aspect. The bottom has a tendency to droop downwards (posterially) over the back of the thighs. The waist is tapered and smaller than the hips giving a feminine appearance. The breasts are variably sized and may be small to large. The shoulders are small to moderate in size. Typical measurements for a gynaeoid woman are 39", 29", 43". The bones of the arms and legs are feminine with tapered, fine forearms, wrists, shins and ankles. Even if obesity occurs, the forearms and shins remain relatively fine and slim with fat tissue accumulating firstly on the thighs, buttocks, breasts and later over the lower abdomen in front of the pubic bones. The bones of the pelvic cavity are wide, thus giving rise to the term ‘good childbearing hips’. Gynaeoid women tend to produce more estrogen and are “estrogen dominant”.

Tabiti
06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Thyroid: 100%

The THYROID shape

The thyroid woman is characterised by a narrow streamlined shape with long limbs and fine bones. The long arms and legs produce a ‘thoroughbred racehorse look’. The breasts tend to be smallish although they may be moderate in size. Thyroid-shaped women are often tall, but even if they are not, they give the impression of being tall because of their long fine limbs. They have a ‘slender’ figure with a narrow waist and generally only small curves on the buttocks and thighs. They move gracefully and may be athletes, especially sprinters or basketball players, dancers or one of today’s models. Twiggy and Jerry Hall are the epitome of the thyroid shape. Their fingers and toes are long and fine to match their limbs and their necks are long and tend to be narrow. They could be described as ‘willowy’ meaning willow tree like and may have a fragile look about them. Their bones are small to average in size and the bone structure is clearly defined beneath a thin layer of subcutaneous fat. They are often bony in appearance with their ribs and bony protuberances (knobs) around their joints being very evident. If weight gain occurs, fat is first deposited around the abdomen and upper thighs with the upper part of the body remaining slim.

True for most things

Absinthe
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
No need to take the test, I am as Gynaeoid as it gets. :p

Allenson
06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
100% pure, unadulterated mesomorph here.

I could be in a textbook for that sh*t. ;)

Inese
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I have the thyroid type. My legs and arms are thin and my structure if fine and with not many muscles.

Eldritch
06-12-2009, 12:54 PM
No need to take the test, I'm as ectomorphic as ectomorphs come. Although it may be a little hard to tell since I am overweight.

Barreldriver
06-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I would say I'm an endomorphic mesomorph. #1 because I have built muscular structure, thick forearms, wrists and ankles unlike a true endomorph, and my shoulders are wider than my hips #2 because I retain fat like the endomorph, small hands and feet, and large head.

Barreldriver
06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
No need to take the test, I'm as ectomorphic as ectomorphs come. Although it may be a little hard to tell since I am overweight.

There's not a link for the test for males, or so I see. :P

Eldritch
06-12-2009, 01:02 PM
There's not a link for the test for males, or so I see. :P

Ooops !!! Thanks for the heads-up.

Äike
06-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm an ectomorphic mesomorph.

Sally
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Gynaeoid to the core, I imagine. No matter what my weight, I'm extremely busty and wide-hipped. My limbs are pretty slim, though, and I have a small waist.

EWtt
06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm a mesomorph.

lei.talk
06-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm extremely busty and wide-hipped.
My limbs are pretty slim, though, and I have a small waist.

...I'd make the perfect Aryan breeding machine. :rolleyes2:
:thumbs

Jamt
06-18-2009, 04:58 PM
43 and no beer-gut.
I guess I am a tall broader shoulders Ectomorph.

Sally
06-18-2009, 05:07 PM
To lei.talk:

I'm definitely past my prime, though. :p

However, the charming Russian man who mistook me for a Pole was pretty smitten with me. His sister was with him, and they insisted on giving me their mobile number, and said they'd like me to come over for a meal. :wink

Tabiti
06-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Slavic women tend to have wider hips as I've noticed.

Kempenzoon
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I fall in with Endomorphic mesomorph. Square "bull-like" body. I just need to lose a bit of overweight.

Heimmacht
06-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm a mix between the android and the gynaeoid type tending more towards gynaeoid.

Rainraven
06-19-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm mostly thyroid with a bit of gynaeoid.. Even when I work out and lift weights etc I never get a muscly physique, just getting skinny and toned :)

Vargtand
06-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Meh I dunno, you tell me.

Útrám
06-19-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm ectomorphic but with a bit more wider shoulders which are like a façade of strength, without a shirt I make Somalians look fat.

sturmwalkure
06-27-2009, 02:21 AM
You're body type is:

Gynaeoid: 76%

The GYNAEOID shape

This shape is characterised by a pear shape, with the body flaring outwards towards the hips and thighs. The buttocks are curved and rounded and the thighs are curved outwards laterally and may touch together on the inside or medial aspect. The bottom has a tendency to droop downwards (posterially) over the back of the thighs. The waist is tapered and smaller than the hips giving a feminine appearance. The breasts are variably sized and may be small to large. The shoulders are small to moderate in size. Typical measurements for a gynaeoid woman are 39", 29", 43". The bones of the arms and legs are feminine with tapered, fine forearms, wrists, shins and ankles. Even if obesity occurs, the forearms and shins remain relatively fine and slim with fat tissue accumulating firstly on the thighs, buttocks, breasts and later over the lower abdomen in front of the pubic bones. The bones of the pelvic cavity are wide, thus giving rise to the term ‘good childbearing hips’. Gynaeoid women tend to produce more estrogen and are “estrogen dominant”.

Sounds about right.

jerney
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
You're body type is:
Gynaeoid: 44%
Thyroid: 56%

The GYNAEOID shape

The THYROID shape

The thyroid woman is characterised by a narrow streamlined shape with long limbs and fine bones. The long arms and legs produce a ‘thoroughbred racehorse look’. The breasts tend to be smallish although they may be moderate in size. Thyroid-shaped women are often tall, but even if they are not, they give the impression of being tall because of their long fine limbs. They have a ‘slender’ figure with a narrow waist and generally only small curves on the buttocks and thighs. They move gracefully and may be athletes, especially sprinters or basketball players, dancers or one of today’s models. Twiggy and Jerry Hall are the epitome of the thyroid shape. Their fingers and toes are long and fine to match their limbs and their necks are long and tend to be narrow. They could be described as ‘willowy’ meaning willow tree like and may have a fragile look about them. Their bones are small to average in size and the bone structure is clearly defined beneath a thin layer of subcutaneous fat. They are often bony in appearance with their ribs and bony protuberances (knobs) around their joints being very evident. If weight gain occurs, fat is first deposited around the abdomen and upper thighs with the upper part of the body remaining slim.

I dunno how accurate that is. I have kind of a weird body. I'm short and have a really petite frame, but I still have quite a shapely body. My hips are naturally wide, but I gain weight all over my body, not just my lower half :confused:

Curtis24
11-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Mesomorph-endomorph, meso dominating.

Mordid
11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Mesomorph-endomorph, meso dominating.

Your bodytype is not Atlanto-Med because Atlanto-Med are ecdomorph.

Curtis24
11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
i thought it was leptomorph, actually.

Mordid
11-15-2010, 10:53 PM
i thought it was leptomorph, actually.

Atlanto-Med are skinny as hell but yeah, they are often robust because of CM or Dinarid influence.

Curtis24
11-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Probably CM influence, then, and maybe some Baltid for the endo component. I should get a profile pic up here one of these days.

kdm1984
11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
100% Android tomboy! Pretty much on-target, except for the rear - it is both muscular and outwardly curving :D - and I have very small feet (size 5 US - lowest adult women's sizes go here is size 6, so I have to get kids' shoes :mad:) and hands (no rings fit me at the jeweler's when my beloved was getting me an engagement ring - I had to get it specially resized).

Also, salt is infinitely better than chocolate. :)

gold_fenix
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
ectomorphic mesomorph, the mix cromagnoid/alt med
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420/gold_phoenix86/yome.jpg

Sabinae
09-06-2011, 12:46 PM
I would be a balance between the gynaeoid-thyroid type. The body frame is balanced, I'm fit(and being grateful for the body's metabolism rate), and yes, I do have curvy shapes, in the "right" places, hopefully :eyes

Funny how when reading these descriptions, I can also recognize the craving for sugar... I'm a "sweet tooth" :D

Tarja
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Gynaeoid 71% - Thyroid 29%, more or less what I would've predicted. Hurrah for curves in the right places!

rhiannon
09-06-2011, 01:48 PM
94% Android. BUT....I have always been very fertile and have no reasons to assume my sex hormones are in any way out of whack. Pretty sure I can attribute my build to being almost completely of CM stock. At least I have big boobs....so things can't be that bad, lol

I am very strong for a woman:) It's why I call myself Viking Bitch...lol

Sally
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
You're body type is:

Gynaeoid: 71%
Lymphatic: 28%

mymy
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Gynaeoid: 64%
Thyroid: 36%

Artek
09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Mesomorphic ectomorph, for sure

Pallantides
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Ectomorph.

Absinthe
09-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Gynaeoid: 61%
Thyroid: 34%

Han Cholo
09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Ectomorphic Mesomorph. I'm thin but my back is a clear V.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/arbin_420/6ac565c4.jpg

Neanderthal
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Same as Decimator but going a bit more into the Ectomorph direction.

Querubín
09-07-2011, 08:07 PM

I can make you a somatochart but i need more pics: frontal, profile and calf

Mordid
09-07-2011, 08:09 PM

You are def. virile (between robust and gracile).

Han Cholo
09-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I can make you a somatochart but i need more pics: frontal, profile and calf

Too much exposition. I'm not at a strip club. :D

Querubín
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Too much exposition. I'm not at a strip club. :D

To make a somatochart is imposible with a backward pic. With a profile is difficult but possible. With a profile you can see how big are your muscles and the way you accumulate fat. Frontal pic is better than backward pic but worse than profile. Calfs are the muscles who grow less in human body so is good see them to classify the somatotype

Barreldriver
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
To make a somatochart is imposible with a backward pic. With a profile is difficult but possible. With a profile you can see how big are your muscles and the way you accumulate fat. Frontal pic is better than backward pic but worse than profile. Calfs are the muscles who grow less in human body so is good see them to classify the somatotype

How does one make one of these somatocharts?

Mordid
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
What do you think I am? :icon_wink:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299416_268554489830834_100000288549368_1045274_657 318545_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299440_268555803164036_100000288549368_1045276_165 4058479_n.jpg

Equilibrium
09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
You should post them rather in the "show your belly" thread. I think for an assessment of the bodytype one would need to see the shoulders in relation to the waist and hips. That is not possible from the pictures you provided. ;)

Querubín
09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
How does one make one of these somatocharts?

It's very difficult to explain. You have to do cineanthropometry. Cineantropometry is the same than anthropometry but only in the body. You can teke some measures and calculated how mesomorph, endomorph and ectomorph you are. Or you can do that with your eyes. It isn't easy but, it's my spaecialty

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27583&highlight=somatotype&page=8

Querubín
09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
You should post them rather in the "show your belly" thread. I think for an assessment of the bodytype one would need to see the shoulders in relation to the waist and hips. That is not possible from the pictures you provided. ;)

Exactly and the profile i thing is the most important pic. But looks like he is pred ecto (more than 4´5) with some endo (less than 3) and some meso (less than 3)

Mordid
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Exactly and the profile i thing is the most important pic. But looks like he is pred ecto (more than 4´5) with some endo (less than 3) and some meso (less than 3)

I think I'm robust than proper Med. What do you think I am? Virile or mature?

Neanderthal
09-07-2011, 10:20 PM
My back.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2lw6546.jpg

Mordid
09-07-2011, 10:45 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319308_268587476494202_100000288549368_1045342_305 723289_n.jpg

Neanderthal
09-07-2011, 10:53 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319308_268587476494202_100000288549368_1045342_305 723289_n.jpg

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/a5/a5132ebc508a56dd8cf8e9f487efee33408ad5d8_full.jpg

Mordid
09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/a5/a5132ebc508a56dd8cf8e9f487efee33408ad5d8_full.jpg

Yeah, just cause you want those real big bongling boobies for yourself!!!
Go on, wish you had 'em!

The Alchemist
09-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Can someone be partly mesomorphic and partly ectomorphic?? I've got a typical long-limbed figure, slim and with no tendency to fat. Anyway, some people find me a bit "robust" compared to other skinny girls...I would better say: i'm not skinny, it's easy for me to get muscles, my shoulders are wide enough (but not too much)...I'm 1,72 for 53kg but i really don't look skinny and unhealthy...

Imperivm
09-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm 100% beast-cunt.

Agrippa
09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Can someone be partly mesomorphic and partly ectomorphic?? I've got a typical long-limbed figure, slim and with no tendency to fat. Anyway, some people find me a bit "robust" compared to other skinny girls...I would better say: i'm not skinny, it's easy for me to get muscles, my shoulders are wide enough (but not too much)...I'm 1,72 for 53kg but i really don't look skinny and unhealthy...

Most people are "mixed", the really pure-extreme types are in comparison less common.

Mordid
09-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Most people are "mixed", the really pure-extreme types are in comparison less common.

What do you think I am, Agrippa?

SS-Nordland
09-08-2011, 01:35 PM
I think I´m meso-ecto. I have long legs, relatively shorter arms and a tall figure but my shoulders are broader than on an ectomorph and I have much more abutant muscle markers, yet still my bodylines are somewhat "harmonious" and slender like. Something similiar to these two examples:

(the one on the left)
http://www.geschichteinchronologie.ch/eu/3R/GERMANENFURZ-d/051-Guenther-nordischer-ostbaltischer-mann.gif

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2656/stature34rp.jpg

Barreldriver
09-22-2011, 12:53 AM
When I first posted what I thought to be my somatype I put endomorphic mesomorph, however I'm unsure as I'm thinking all out endomorph these days, not sure really.

Agrippa
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I think you are not fully endomorphic/Pyknic, because you are too rangy and robust in a way, this speaks - in my opinion, for a significant portion of Mesomorphic/Athletic tendencies.

Also, most people are "not pure", but finally in between the 3 categories, just closer to one than the other most of the time...

The Alchemist
10-09-2011, 07:26 AM
My proportions are like the norwegian man of the old pictures, my type is that, but of course i'm not a man, so i have some "female shapes" :D :D

The Alchemist
10-09-2011, 07:27 AM
I think I'm robust than proper Med. What do you think I am? Virile or mature?
I imagine you to be very slim, looking at your slim face....Maybe i'm wrong, but it's my impression :thumb001:

_______
10-09-2011, 07:42 AM
You're body type is:
Thyroid: 97%

it said i was 3% android, but that is b.s. i am def a mix of thyroid and gyneoid

King Fingolfin
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I think I'm mesomorphic ectomorph.

Genome Retrograde
10-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Gynaeoid 71% - Thyroid 29%, more or less what I would've predicted. Hurrah for curves in the right places!

YUM!

Genome Retrograde
10-14-2011, 06:35 AM
I firmly believe I am Endomorphic Mesomorph though I could be wrong.
I am not goling to display my lovely bull like body for some of you who may be cultists.

Sylvanus
10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I am ectomorphic mesomorph and now go eating.

research_centre
10-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Mesomorph poster here.