PDA

View Full Version : "Why some Georgians are so obsessed with Armenians?" - Answer

Georgian
06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
One user named "Arsen_" opened this kind of Thread.

"Why some Georgians are so obsessed with Armenians?"
Obsessed? I'd say: don't like/hate.

1)Because they are stealing parts of our history!
2)Because they are stealing parts of our country (they have stolen Lorre and are trying to steal javakheti nowadays).
3)Because they have betrayed us many times during the history!
4)Because they are ungrateful!
5)Because they are liars!
6)Because they have big part in what happened in Abkhazia in 90s!

"Here is a quote of Galkovskiy, modern Russian writer:

Ибо «грузинская интеллигенция» (даже «знаменитая грузинская интеллигенция») это либо пустое множество, либо армяне. Грузин это тупой крестьянин, вор, бездельник, шут, но не интеллектуал. Даже хуже – это пролезший в интеллектуалы крестьянин, вор, бездельник или шут.

My partly translation:

...Georgian intellectuals are either empty place or Armenians... Georgian is a dumb villager, thief, lazybones, clown, but not an intellectual..."

So you called me and my ancestors "dumb villagers"??
Tell me what were your ancestors doing when mine were translating Gospel in X century?
What were doing your ancestors when mine were writing on their own language with their own alphabet in III BC???
What were doing your ancestors doing when Shota rustaveli wrote "pantera's skin" in XII century??
What were doing your ancestors when mine were were fighting for survival from XII BC (and we are still fighting)??
What were doing Your ancestors when mine fought for survival against 500 000 turks in Didgori in 1121???
what were doing your ancestors when in Georgia were murdered 100 000 humans for not refusing Christianity and taking Islam in 1225??

Ilia chavchavadze was a dumb villager?? Iakob gogebashvili was? Akaki wereteli was? The fact that Galkovskiy was uneducated doesn't mean that Georgians were not as well!

Aren't you interested why we hate Russia??
In XVIII we became allies. we had to fight against persians and osmals togather. We were attacked by those 2 empires all the time and even though we kept fighting they always outnumbered us 1 to 10. Even though we won many battles we couldn't carry on... And Russia showed up. We thought that Orthodox Russia would help us. But you didn't help us in any single battle even though you promised to... in 1770 totleben betrayed us in the last moment so we had to fight 20 000 turks alone (we had 4 000 men), we won that battle but couldn't begin new ones... In 1783 we signed treaty according to which Russia was a protector of Georgia, But Georgia kept its Independence. Even after that russians didn't help us. we had battles against north caucasian tribes... In 1795 Russians betrayed us again. 5000 georgians had to face 40 000 persians! We defeated them in first battle and persians were going home, but some armenian told them that we had only 5 000 men, so persians returned and attacked from flanks... We just didn't have enough men... battle was lost... Tbilisi was destroyed... Do you know why Russians didn't help us like they promised us to? Because They wanted Georgia to be Weakened, To capture it themselves and In 1801 Russian army came in Georgia and announced that Georgia existed no more... that it was part of Russian empire... There were many rebellions after that, but without any success...

In 1918 we became independent. So we were till 1921 when red army invaded us. We were attacked from black sea, Abkhazia, north Caucasus, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey. Even though it was 80 000 trained soldiers (40 000 red army, 40 000 turkish army) against 30 000 Georgian volunteers, we kept fighting for 10 days, we defeated both sides several times, but we were horribly outnumbered so the government fled...

Russians gifted Tao-klarjeti to turkey, Lorre to - Armenia, Sainghilo to - Azerbaijan and some small territories to themselves...

In 1990s Russia had big part in what happened in Abkhazia. it were russian soldiers we were fighting against... In 2008 we had war in samachablo (so called "south ossetia").

I respect Armenia as it is an ancient country. The first country to adopt Christianity (as i know). Armenians Themselves are very loyal to to each other and they are Patriots... But like many other nations they have many defects as well...

P.S. To admins: Please don't close this thread just yet...

wvwvw
02-16-2013, 09:35 AM
^^ Well said.

Yalquzaq
02-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Russians gifted "Saingilo" to Azerbaijan? Qakh, Zaqatala, Balakan always had majority Turkic Azerbaijani population, so how come?

If anything, Georgia is currently sitting on lands of Azerbaijan, called Borçalı (Azerbaijani Turks there are identical to Ganjabasar region of Azerbaijan in traditions, language, origins), before being annexed to Russian Empire there was Qazakh-Borchali Sultanate. Also, while Georgians are a small minority in Qakh-Zaqatala-Balaken, Azerbaijani Turks are the majority in Borchali.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borchali

Chuck Norris
02-16-2013, 07:57 PM
One user named "Arsen_" opened this kind of Thread.

"Why some Georgians are so obsessed with Armenians?"
Obsessed? I'd say: don't like/hate.

1)Because they are stealing parts of our history!
2)Because they are stealing parts of our country (they have stolen Lorre and are trying to steal javakheti nowadays).
3)Because they have betrayed us many times during the history!
4)Because they are ungrateful!
5)Because they are liars!
6)Because they have big part in what happened in Abkhazia in 90s!

(1) What history have we "stolen"? Are you kidding me? Get a life man. Georgians are just sore because most of their culture is Armenian in origin or influenced by Armenians. They can't even admit that their alphabet, architecture, and kings were all Armenian. Bunch of rubbish. If anything Georgians are stealing Armenian culture and achievements.

(2) Lori and Javakheti was never yours.

(3) You betrayed us by siding with the Turks in exchange for a few strips of land that were largely Armenian, but in the end we all know what happend as evidenced by your minorities hate and distrust towards the Georgian government.
(4) What should we be "grateful"? We gave you our culture. If anything Georgians are ungrateful.
(5) See (4) and then claim who is the lier.
(6) Armenians in Abkhazia were neutral up until Georgians began attacked Armenian villages.

True Georgians, here is your history from your own history book (Georgian Chronicles):

In the same period there came to the country of Iberia some fugitives from the Greeks, Syrians, and Khazars who were harassed by their enemies. [The Iberians] accepted them to [10] aid themselves against the Iranians. Also at that time came Jews who had escaped from Nebuchadnezzar (Nabugodonosor), who had captured Jerusalem. And they requested a place for worship from the tanuter of Mts'xet'a; and he gave them [an area by] a stream on the Arag river called Zanaw, now called Xerk. Up to this point the language of Iberia was Armenian. But then [the Iberians] started to be changed by the peoples dwelling among them, and there occurred a mixing up of everything, leading to that which is presently called Georgian. Subsequently they elected a religion and a conduct more immodest and indecent than all people's. For in marriage they made no differentiation among [the same and related] lines, they ate every creeping reptile, insect, and carrion, and had no graves.

However, (6) leads me to believe you are just a posing Azeri or Turk. Typical Turk tactic. You have Turks "gifting" Armenian churches to Georgians and having them destroy the lettering in order to turn an ancient Armenian church into a fake Georgian one. Typical Georgian character. Georgians are scum bags.

Chuck Norris
02-16-2013, 08:00 PM
^^ Well said.

Get bent.

Onur
02-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Chuck Norris the Armenian, you cursed to the Turks in 50 of your 60 total posts and now you also curse to the Georgians.

You are doing nothing but spreading shit from your mouth.

Chuck Norris
02-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Chuck Norris the Armenian, you cursed to the Turks in 50 of your 60 total posts and now you also curse to the Georgians.

You are doing nothing but spreading shit from your mouth.

What a farce?

First, do you have reading comprehension issues? What the fuck would you do? Look at (1) to (6).

Second, it is very evident of the historical foreign-policy of the Turkish state and the Turkish people. Their success is contingent on their enemies killing each other. The Turks used the Kurds against the Christians. Now, the Turks are using the Arabs and Iranians against the Kurds and vice-versa. Furthermore, it is not surprising that Turks would "gift" Armenian churches and structures to Georgians as by doing so it increase the tension between Georgians and Armenians. It is the same process in the early 90's. Azerbaijan sent over Chechens, Arabs (Al Queda), Afghani fighters, Muslims, Lezgies, Talyush, Kurds, and etc. to fight and die against Armenians (Same process during the Genocide). Same process in Albania. Same process in Serbia. I wouldn't be surprised that the poster is Georgian. You have few that are pro-Georgian under the tag of "Ukrainian Jew", why the fuck would a Ukrainan Jew be interested in Georgia or Armenia? It is all bullshit Turkish antics to make everyone enemies, while it divides and conquers. We are not that stupid (at least I am not that stupid), but if this guy is pretending to be a "Georgian", why would not I miss the chance to highlight how idiotic Georgian policy is? Do you think importing Meskhetian Turks into Georgian is smart? Georgians have a negative birth rate and 40% of Georgian border is under disputed. You have Turkish posters claiming that:

"Russians gifted "Saingilo" to Azerbaijan? Qakh, Zaqatala, Balakan always had majority Turkic Azerbaijani population, so how come?

If anything, Georgia is currently sitting on lands of Azerbaijan, called Borçalı (Azerbaijani Turks there are identical to Ganjabasar region of Azerbaijan in traditions, language, origins), before being annexed to Russian Empire there was Qazakh-Borchali Sultanate. Also, while Georgians are a small minority in Qakh-Zaqatala-Balaken, Azerbaijani Turks are the majority in Borchali."

Put all the facts together and the reality is that if Armenians were to fail as nation, people, and etc. Turks would target Georgians next. What is stopping them? To place my hope on the "nobility" of a Turk when history has shown otherwise is idiotic. Armenians are not fighting for a few strips of land. It is more the right to exist. That is the reality. Turks can play this game of pretending like "they don't care" or they are "above it" and etc...but in reality the first nation in the region that would go for a land grab is Turkey.

Why did Turks invade Israel and Cyprus for natural gas? Come on guy, cut the bullshit. We all know that those reserves did not belong to Turkey. It was off the coast of Cyprus. Clearly, if Turks were "noble" and "benevolent" they wouldn't have fucked over Israel (their historic ally) and attempt to derail the development of the natural gas fields. If it wasn't for British and American mediation (typical Anglo-Saxon mentality) Turkey would have probably used force.

legolasbozo
02-18-2013, 08:32 AM
hey armani, why don't u go back to your holly armenia? You diaspora armenians just talking bullshit, your compatriots dying because of starvation in Armenia, but you just make politics and spreading hatred to region. Armenians living in Armenia are just tired of your fraud attitudes.

Hoca
02-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Georgia is one of the last countries who hasn't closed their borders with Armenia. Do you want them to close the door on your face too? From where will you get food then?

Musso
02-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Georgia is one of the last countries who hasn't closed their borders with Armenia. Do you want them to close the door on your face too? From where will you get food then?

Actually Georgia is going to open the rail link from Russia through Abkhazia into Armenia. And with Ivanashvili, Georgia is becoming more moderate.

sevruk
02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Lulz. you write why Armenians are so obsessed with the Georgians, but then accuse Russians. Yes, if not Russian you would now have been Turks or Arabs.
You Churka ebannaya

klarji
02-05-2015, 04:52 AM
Lulz. you write why Armenians are so obsessed with the Georgians, but then accuse Russians. Yes, if not Russian you would now have been Turks or Arabs.

The first thing Russians did in Georgia was that they destroyed Georgian villages
Very interesting way to save Georgians from becoming Turks or Arabs ))))

PS I don't know which Georgian tribes are so obsessed with Armenians but we Northerns don't carry about Armenians in general...lol

StonyArabia
02-05-2015, 05:18 AM
You Churka ebannaya

To be more correct Turks or Persians. Persians ruled Georgia for a long time.

klarji
02-05-2015, 05:30 AM
To be more correct Turks or Persians. Persians ruled Georgia for a long time.

There was no Georgia when Persia ruled "Georgia". There were Georgian Kingdoms, Principalities and free communities. Some when under influence of Persia, some under Turks, some were conquered, some were free. Northern Georgians were free. :rolleyes:

StonyArabia
02-05-2015, 05:33 AM
There was no Georgia when Persia ruled "Georgia". There were Georgian Kingdoms, Principalities and free communities. Some when under influence of Persia, some under Turks, some were conquered, some were free. Northern Georgians were free. :rolleyes:

True but my point still holds though. We had nothing to do with Georgians lol, though one of your saints is of Arab origins.

Musso
02-05-2015, 05:42 AM
I think neither of us are obsessed about each other lol. We just mind our business

klarji
02-05-2015, 05:56 AM
True but my point still holds though. We had nothing to do with Georgians lol, though one of your saints is of Arab origins.

There was the Emirate of Tbilisi established by the Arabs but when Russians came there were no Arabs in the Caucasus of course. Here you are right.
But I didn't pat attention at these words about Arabs from whom Russians "saved" us because I have to read Russian forum "historians" very often. They always have new facts about our history and geography like we Russians saved you from Mongolians in the 17th century there in your Dushanbe when your King Djemal (we have never had such King) asked us to help him. So it is impossible to correct them every time. Besides they are always sure they are right.

klarji
02-05-2015, 07:02 AM
I think neither of us are obsessed about each other lol. We just mind our business

Ok

But about this http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?40860-Why-some-Georgians-are-so-obsessed-with-Armenians

About our stupidity. We are stupid but our stupidity is more naivety. Your cleverness was known always as artfulness.

Georgians were never thieves. Our ancestors were always abreks and robbers. That's Russians who spread in Georgia so called vor (thief) culture. Okey, I have to recognize we are lazybones but you Armenians are workaholic for us. :D
Clowns? That's Russians who showed that the only thing that Georgian can do is dancing and singing. We ruled Iraq, Egypt, SSSR and now we are in Ukraine so it's very interesting thing to speak about intellectual possibility of Georgians.
Georgians did not sell their children into slavery. There were kidnappings. Okey, we have and had still criminal mentality. But we had to fight with Muslim world. Here were battles every week so our Kingdoms and Principalities were destroyed and as a result in those Kingdoms and Principalities were no rules as there were no rules in destroyed Chechenya. But we never stopped our freedom fights and we are fighting till today.

Arsen, any other questions?

Sorry moder, you have closed that thread but I answered here. I could not keep myself :rolleyes:

Musso
02-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Ok

But about this http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?40860-Why-some-Georgians-are-so-obsessed-with-Armenians

About our stupidity. We are stupid but our stupidity is more naivety. Your cleverness was known always as artfulness.

Georgians were never thieves. Our ancestors were always abreks and robbers. That's Russians who spread in Georgia so called vor (thief) culture. Okey, I have to recognize we are lazybones but you Armenians are workaholic for us. :D
Clowns? That's Russians who showed that the only thing that Georgian can do is dancing and singing. We ruled Iraq, Egypt, SSSR and now we are in Ukraine so it's very interesting thing to speak about intellectual possibility of Georgians.
Georgians did not sell their children into slavery. There were kidnappings. Okey, we have and had still criminal mentality. But we had to fight with Muslim world. Here were battles every week so our Kingdoms and Principalities were destroyed and as a result in those Kingdoms and Principalities were no rules as there were no rules in destroyed Chechenya. But we never stopped our freedom fights and we are fighting till today.

Arsen, any other questions?

Sorry moder, you have closed that thread but I answered here. I could not keep myself :rolleyes:

Armenians have the Jewish quality of loving to own a business, especially on a global scale haha but we envy Georgians because they have sea and we don't :P our geography has been our own worst enemy...

Both Georgia and Armenia have been old Christian islands in a sea of foreign, Muslim powers. That should unite us more than anything, even if we have some differing modern politics.

Also Georgian food is very popular in Armenia, I would say there are more Georgian restaurants here than Armenian :D we are not that famous for our cuisine...

klarji
02-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Armenians have the Jewish quality of loving to own a business, especially on a global scale haha but we envy Georgians because they have sea and we don't :P our geography has been our own worst enemy...

Both Georgia and Armenia have been old Christian islands in a sea of foreign, Muslim powers. That should unite us more than anything, even if we have some differing modern politics.

Also Georgian food is very popular in Armenia, I would say there are more Georgian restaurants here than Armenian :D we are not that famous for our cuisine...

Did you praise our food did not you? So I have to praise something Armenian. Okey. As I know your old literature is richer and more wealthy then Georgian.

So I did it. I did it. I recognized it. But I hope Georgians will not read this post. They will be very fierce Georgians then.

Musso
02-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Did you praise our food did not you? So I have to praise something Armenian. Okey. As I know your old literature is richer and more wealthy then Georgian.

So I did it. I did it. I recognized it. But I hope Georgians will not read this post. They will be very fierce Georgians then.

Ok we make deal. Your food is better than ours, but our literature is richer than yours ;) hehe

There has always been friendly rivalry between our people like siblings haha

another topic we always argue about is who has best wine :P

Musso
02-05-2015, 07:53 AM
When I think about Armenian-Georgian relations, I think of this photo:

http://vestnikkavkaza.net/sites/default/files/serzh-sargsyan-i-mixail-saakashvili.jpg

klarji
02-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Ok we make deal. Your food is better than ours, but our literature is richer than yours ;) hehe

Literature is more intellectual and worth then food my clever Armenian friend but I don't carry about literature as we Northern Georgians could not read and write till 19th century. Let Southern Georgian bark about their literature and about it was very beautiful and the most beautiful in the world especially compared with Armenian. I will watch you from the Northern side.

I told it secretly that old Armenian literature is richer then Georgian. And that our historians of course know this fact but Georgian Internet warriors don't recognize and will never recognize. Because Often they don't know about it. They are not told about it in school. And other reason Georgian never recogniz anything. He is always right and always best.

There has always been friendly rivalry between our people like siblings

We have of course, you have better cognac.

Musso
02-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Literature is more intellectual and worth then food my clever Armenian friend but I don't carry about literature as we Northern Georgians could not read and write till 19th century. Let Southern Georgian bark about their literature and about it was very beautiful and the most beautiful in the world especially compared with Armenian. I will watch you from the Northern side.

I told it secretly that old Armenian literature is richer then Georgian. And that our historians of course know this fact but Georgian Internet warriors don't recognize and will never recognize. Because Often they don't know about it. They are not told about it in school. And other reason Georgian never recogniz anything. He is always right and always best.

We have of course, you have better cognac.

Ah I see,,,Armenian music and literature is rich, but I don't deny Georgians also have very rich literature and music :) I think one issue we always fight about is that Mesrop Mashtoc created Georgian letters, but Georgians usually deny this.

Yes Armenian cognac is the best :D but you know oldest winemaking area is located in Armenia ;)

but why you have Turkish flag? you live in Turkey?

Armenian Bishop
02-05-2015, 01:33 PM
... PS I don't know which Georgian tribes are so obsessed with Armenians but we Northerns don't carry about Armenians in general...lol

There are issues, disputes or disagreements, between Armenians and Georgians, but not enough to destabilize the foundation of goodwill.

At the moment, 3 issues about Georgians come to mind: (1) Persecution, repression and abusive treatment against Armenians in Javakheti, Georgia. (2) Neglect or outright confiscation of Armenian Churches in Georgia. (3) Hostile interactions between Georgians and Armenians, on the Internet.

It's the 3rd point, which probably gave rise to this Thread started by a Georgian Member, and the previous Thread started by an Armenian Member.

Armenian Bishop
02-05-2015, 02:10 PM

There has always been friendly rivalry between our people like siblings haha

Sorry, not me! I'm not going to sell my Armenian Grandmother's Cuisine down the River, for a Bargain, or to Make a Deal.

I have sacred memories about standing or sitting in the kitchen, when I watched my grandmother cook. She used to bake Armenian Lavash Bread, in the kitchen oven, and talk to me about how she was doing it. She used to say that I'd never go hungry, because I always magically showed up when the food was cooked and ready. Anyway, I'm sure that Georgian Cuisine is just awesome.

klarji
02-05-2015, 03:03 PM
There are issues, disputes or disagreements, between Armenians and Georgians, but not enough to destabilize the foundation of goodwill.

At the moment, 3 issues about Georgians come to mind: (1) Persecution, repression and abusive treatment against Armenians in Javakheti, Georgia.

and what we are doing with Armenians in Javakheti can you tell me?

here I will write that your propagandists have to leave Samtskhe-Javakheti in peace. This region is the motherland of the Meskhi people and not part of great Armenia. Because of their sad history, Meskhs are in great minority there. But it does not mean its Armenian Land.

(2) Neglect or outright confiscation of Armenian Churches in Georgia.

Okey, but our side says there are some Georgian churches in Armenia that Armenians dont want to give them to us. And we are waiting when you give them to return your churches then.

Musso
02-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Sorry, not me! I'm not going to sell my Armenian Grandmother's Cuisine down the River, for a Bargain, or to Make a Deal.

I have scared memories about standing or sitting in the kitchen, when I watched my grandmother cook. She used to bake Armenian Lavash Bread, in the kitchen oven, and talk to me about how she was doing it. She used to say that I'd never go hungry, because I always magically showed up when the food was cooked and ready. Anyway, I'm sure that Georgian Cuisine is just awesome.

I never said our cuisine is bad, just that we are not that known for our cuisine. We are much more known for our arts, music, and literature than cuisine. Even our drinks (cognac and wine) is more famous. In Yerevan, you will find many Georgian, Greek, Fast Food places,,,but it's rare to find Armenian places to eat. I still love our food of course, but I just think we are not well known for it in the world.

The best meal: tan + armenian summer salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, oil) + armenian pork barbecue with greens and onions

prinz
11-27-2016, 04:43 AM
Jealousy. Friendly rivalry.

Petros Agapetos
01-07-2017, 02:13 AM
I personally like Georgians. They have a fascinating language, interesting dances, wonderful food, and overall a great culture.

Why can't Armenians and Georgians not get along? We are two ancient Christian countries surrounded by Muhammadan enemies from all sides.

LezginMBD
09-02-2017, 08:09 PM
I personally like Georgians. They have a fascinating language, interesting dances, wonderful food, and overall a great culture.

Why can't Armenians and Georgians not get along? We are two ancient Christian countries surrounded by Muhammadan enemies from all sides.

Well you are not Kavkaz so do me a favor and remove that label tag above your avatar. And real Kavkaz is North Caucasians.

Armenian Bishop
09-03-2017, 02:34 AM
Well you are not Kavkaz so do me a favor and remove that label tag above your avatar. And real Kavkaz is North Caucasians.

Petros doesn't login here now, he hasn't for some time, and I don't think he'll choose to return.