PDA

View Full Version : Whooping cough is on the rise, public health institute warns families

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Whooping cough is on the rise, public health institute warns families

Almost 5,800 cases of whooping cough were recorded in the Netherlands in the first five months of the year, a sharp increase on previous years, the public health institute RIVM says.

In a normal year, between 2,400 and 9,000 children and adults are diagnosed with whooping cough, which can be fatal for very young children.

The disease is making a come back partly because the bacteria has adapted to the vaccinations, the RIVM said. Doctors in particular should be alert to the symptoms, director Roel Coutinho said using microblogging service Twitter.

Whooping cough first manifests itself as a cold which turns into a deep cough in the third and fourth weeks. The infection usually lasts around six weeks.

Source: Dutchnews (http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/06/whooping_cough_is_on_the_rise.php) (Wednesday 27 June 2012)

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 03:14 PM
I am unsure where that suddenly came from but I am checking my vaccination booklet and the last time I was inoculated was when I was a child so I should make an appointment with the doctor.

Mistic
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Maybe it's because some parents choose not to vaccinate their kids.

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Maybe it's because some parents choose not to vaccinate their kids.

I think so: it's not mandatory and particularly on the Bible Belt people choose not to vaccinate their children. Most parents however do vaccinate their children in accordance to the Rijksvaccinatieprogramma.

Frigga
06-28-2012, 03:53 PM
You're able to still get pertussis even if you are current on your shots. I would learn more first.

I trust what this woman has to say, she researches medical literature, and everything she quotes is from trusted, documented, peer-reviewed sources.

http://drtenpenny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Pertussis-DEATH-chart.pdf

http://drtenpenny.com/

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
You're able to still get pertussis even if you are current on your shots. I would learn more first.

I trust what this woman has to say, she researches medical literature, and everything she quotes is from trusted, documented, peer-reviewed sources.

http://drtenpenny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Pertussis-DEATH-chart.pdf

http://drtenpenny.com/
You're quicker to get it if you're not on shots. There is a reason why it is a part of the national vaccination programme.

Frigga
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
But there are just so many more health risks for you if you do get vaccinated. Personally I don't feel like it's worth the risk. I am for informed choice. Tell people up front what all of the pros and cons are, honestly and fully, and then let people make their own informed decisions. Also, if you're adult, the symptoms are not nearly as severe as if you're a child.

Pertusis Outbreak in California:
What you need to know
Chart: Pertussis Incidence and Pertussis Deaths
go here
by Dr. Sherri Tenpenny
7-7-10
In mid-June, California health authorities declared an epidemic of whooping cough, urging residents – particularly those of Latino background – to get vaccinated against the disease. All told, 910 cases have been confirmed, with several hundred more under investigation. If the pace keeps up, the outbreak could be the largest in the state in 50 years, the California Department of Public Health reported. What officials are not saying is that pertussis (whooping cough) outbreasks are cyclical and tend to peak every two to five years, regardless of the vaccination rate. Once again, this is a created hysteria to capitalize on fears of frightened parents and an opportunity to push vaccination on a trusting, underinformed public.
There has been a lot of discussion recently about pertussis. Parents are worried about the outbreak…and worried about their unvaccinated children. The “hallmark” of pertussis is a barky cough of at least 21 days duration. The cough is worse at night and there may or many not be mucous. Generally the fever is minimal, if there is any fever at all. During the day, those with pertussis may not appear even appear particularly ill.
Pertussis is most worrisome in children less than 3 months of age due to the small size of windpipe. As with any infection, the youngest children are at greatest risk of serious illness and rarely, death. IImportantly, pertussis is not always serious and rarely is it as ‘deadly’ as the pro-vaccine doctors and the evening news would have you believe. The hallmark of pertussis is a persistent cough which is frequently diagnosed and treated as “bronchitis”. Unless you or (your children are SPECIFICALLY tested for pertussis with a nasal or throat swab, you may have had it and not known!
Most persons who have had pertussis — children of all ages and adults–recover uneventfully. With the help of adequate vitamins D, C, A and lots of water with lemon, the cough can resolve more quickly. Get a 25-OH vitamin D blood test to know for sure what your level is. Have your doctor order it or get the test yourself here. Get your children tested too. Many that take as much as 2000 to 4000IU/day are low. An adequate level is between 80 and 100ng/mL. Neither vaccine nor recovering from the illness provides lifetime immunity.

On my Facebook Wall there were many posts (scroll back to June 23-24) by parents sharing that their FULLY vaccinated children had full-blown pertussis. REPEAT: Your child can be fully vaccinated and still contract pertussis. And many parents reported that they had a few weeks of sleepless nights as they struggled through a “miserable cough” with their kids, but then the kids fully recovered.
Three vaccines are administered for whooping cough, from 2 to 6 months of age. Problems caused by the DTaP (pertussis) vaccines are real. If you search the VAERS database, you will see THOUSANDS of reports of children who were severely injured or died from the vaccine.

I have created a table to show the ingredients in the pertussis vaccines (DTaP). Please go to www.drtenpenny.com and download the pdf link at the top of the page. Feel free to send this file to your friends, post it on your website, and print copies for your friends. What would you rather be concerned about? Keeping your child healthy from the inside out (something you have control over), or taking your chances by injecting these substances into your precious child (the outcome of the shot is something you have NO control over).
A residual cough can last a few months; pertussis vaccine reactions can last a lifetime. Go to www.Drtenpenny.com and order my book, Saying No To Vaccines, refuting the 25 most common reasons to vaccinate, for more information. Key: Be more concerned about the vaccine and its potential side effects much more than you fear the bug – and turn off your TV!

You support the body in the healing process, and there is a very high recovery rate.

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
I am sorry but I am not ready to risk anything because of what some anti-vaccination activists write. There is a reason why most diseases were exterminated in this country. 80 years ago we would have been just like a third world country is today and now we grow well over 70.

Frigga
06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
I am sorry but I am not ready to risk anything because of what some anti-vaccination activists write. There is a reason why most diseases were exterminated in this country. 80 years ago we would have been just like a third world country is today and now we grow well over 70.

pdLMeULoujM

I don't feel the same way. You can watch this video if you like.

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
pdLMeULoujM

I don't feel the same way. You can watch this video if you like.

I don't think I should, to be quite honest, as I am now already checking the comments and I notice that it's American. And libertarian propaganda to boot. I prefer to stick to the information provided by the RIVM which has shown it's mettle.

Frigga
06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
If that's the way you feel, then that's the way you feel. But I don't think that you should just dismiss it out of hand.

Cheers. :)

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 04:38 PM
If that's the way you feel, then that's the way you feel. But I don't think that you should just dismiss it out of hand.

Cheers. :)

The RIVM here shows that the rate of infection (http://www.rivm.nl/Bibliotheek/Algemeen_Actueel/Nieuwsberichten/2012/Toename_aantal_besmettingen_kinkhoest:169296), at present, is much more severe then in any other previous years.

Graham
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
My cousin currently has this, so staying away. Must be an outbreak or something.

The Lawspeaker
11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
My cousin currently has this, so staying away. Must be an outbreak or something.

I think so: it's weird. All the infectious diseases that had been basically wiped out are now coming back with a vengeance.

rhiannon
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM

My stepson had it over the summer. We never used to see these kinds of outbreaks...

I agree with Tuan. He knew that already, though lol