PDA

View Full Version : Do you find overt displays of heterosexuality distasteful?

Fortis in Arduis
06-29-2012, 12:56 PM
I do. I have to look away when I see it, in films and advertising, etc.

Is this analogous to the revulsion that some heterosexuals allege they feel by homosexuality?

Heterosexuals came out of the closet first, starting with the waltz, going on through the roaring twenties, the Bloomsbury group, old Hollywood, and the sexual revolution of the sixties and seventies. After this, homosexuals followed suit.

What is the solution to this? Now children are being sexualised by the marketing men, and that's what it's all about: sex sells. :(

Pandora's box has been opened. Can it ever be shut? What is the next step in social evolution, and how do we cope with this on a personal level?

I try to act as my own censor, but it's everywhere, advertising everything from yoghurt (lol) to sofas!

:puke:

Frigga
07-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I myself am not very comfortable with overt displays of any sexuality in the public sphere. I for one feel that sexuality is a private thing that should be kept private. I mean, I 'get' it that a couple is 'together' when I see them holding hands and/or hugging. Do I really need to see them start to swap spit and then check each others' tonsils out with their tongues, all the while groping each other? That is too much intimacy, there's a place for that: your bedroom!

In the media, I do find it saddening that younger and younger children are being exposed to sexualization, and being encouraged to act and dress like little hookers. When this happens, I feel like children are being robbed of the innocence of their childhood, and allowing the leering of the Humbert Humberts of the world free and unbridled access to be unchallenged. What has happened to protecting our children?

I think that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are totally correct in this commentary for their episode Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset, the infamous Paris Hilton episode. I'll let them finish my point.

gHMIBR-_v4Q

Fortis in Arduis
07-02-2012, 12:39 AM
^ Yes, Paris Hilton is an icon of this hyper sexualised genre, along with that Kardashian creature, the Great Booty Queen; they have both produced sex tapes, which furthered their sordid careers. :(

Popular music has become so degraded, and sexual, and the worst things is that it is targeted towards children in particular. How have we allowed this?

I listen to soul music, and by that I mean Motown, and related genres, and some disco also, and the songs might suggest romantic love, but there is rarely a sexual narrative, unlike the music of today.

Sex scenes in film and television are gratuitous and unnecessary. In old Hollywood films there was never a need for such graphic depictions despite some very challenging adult themes, and these films were not lacking because they didn't show sex. It just isn't needed.

People have become desensitised and dull to this enslaught, and there seems to be no recourse.

Frigga
07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
That's why my favorite author is Anne MacCaffrey. In her Dragon Riders of Pern series, her characters are highly sexual people, because of the affinity and mental connection to their dragons. And they have sex all the time. But she alludes to it, she doesn't go into gross detail. Jean Auel is another author that I really like and respect, but damnit, every time she gets to the sex scenes, it's always at least two paragraphs, and sometimes it would last for about six damn pages! :shakefist: I always skip those scenes, they're really obnoxious.

Sikeliot
07-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I think in general, our societies are too open about sex, both heterosexual and homosexual. I don't want to see sex everywhere.. it's meant to be kept in the bedroom.

Fortis in Arduis
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I just saw a kiss on tv. Vile!!! :stop

Two teenagers, kissy wissy on the lips...

Harry Potter
11-22-2012, 09:10 PM
You don't like to see people of different genders to kiss each others? WHO CARES? :p

I don't like some people of the same gender to kiss each others and I don't like to see some people of different genders to kiss each others. Explanation: I don't like seeing guys kissing each others, I don't find that attractive personally, but I like seeing girls kissing each others, that's awesome :D By the other side I don't like to see ugly heteros to kiss each others but I like to see the kissing scenes of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt etc.

You're not forced to like whatever you see, but you're forced to get the hell off the peoples' private life and you're not allowed to tell them that what they do is ugly because you personally don't like it.

You don't like something, it's just fine, keep it for yourself.

You like something, it's better, tell that to everyone if you feel in the mood to do that.

No hetero should feel sorry for not liking to see homos kissing each others, and no homo should feel sorry for not liking to see heteros kissing each others. If you like it fine, if you don't who cares, find something else to like.

lei.talk
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/archive/d/d6/20121121063943%21Pet_Your_Friends_Album_Cover.jpg/120px-Pet_Your_Friends_Album_Cover.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishwalla)

:mad: the guilty parties know their names

http://youtu.be/2kkp6qBDqkQ

http://youtu.be/3oOCas3geXc
http://forums.skadi.net/member.php?u=7783

Bobby Martnen
01-03-2018, 06:20 AM
I do. I have to look away when I see it, in films and advertising, etc.

Is this analogous to the revulsion that some heterosexuals allege they feel by homosexuality?

:puke:

I find overt, public displays of any kind of sexuality distasteful, be it use of boobs to sell burgers or the extremely sexualized parts of Gay Pride parades

CertifiedCracker
01-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Grow a pair, pussy.

Convoy
01-09-2018, 10:47 PM
No, in fact, being 'overtly' heterosexual is the best thing imaginable. Having kids and securing white genes is the most refined and tasteful things one could do.

Second only to bashing gays on an internet forum that is. :P

Perhaps the reason OP is so uncomfortable with the natural order of life, is because he himself is a sexual deviant and wants to force others to conform to his idiotic lusts.

TL;DR: Get a girlfriend.

Odin
01-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Nope.

Zroota
01-11-2018, 04:51 AM
We don't need overt displays of homosexuality or heterosexuality.