PDA

View Full Version : "Moderate" Muslims expel teacher from school

Beorn
06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Classroom assistant at Muslim girls' school forced out of job by parents who believed she was a man

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/12/article-1192528-0551A00C000005DC-324_468x286.jpg

A classroom assistant has quit her job at a strict Muslim girls' school after parents launched an email campaign claiming she was a man.
Shifa Patel, who dressed traditionally in a hijab and full-length robe while at work, had to submit herself to a humiliating medical examination after the petition demanded she prove her gender.
The headteacher at Al-Islah Muslim Girls' School in Blackburn, Lancashire, even sent a letter to parents reassuring them that Ms Patel was female in an attempt to quash the growing discontent.

But police had to be called in when an angry mob of parents gathered at the school gates demanding that she be sacked.
The assistant then took the decision to save the school and herself from any more grief and tendered her resignation.

The hate campaign is believed to have begun when photographs of Ms Patel with short hair and wearing a shirt and trousers were copied from internet site Facebook. These were then circulated by email.
A distraught Ms Patel, whose age is not known, said: 'I have irrefutable medical evidence that I'm a woman.
'The people who have done this to me have hurt me so badly. I will never forgive those who did this to me and spread these lies.'
In some of the photographs circulated, Ms Patel is pictured next to acting head teacher Fatima Patel.

Fatima Patel said: 'When some parents approached me I told them I will take the Quran in my hand and swear to tell the truth. But they were more concerned about obtaining a GP's certificate for Shifa.'
She added: 'What does that say about some people? Some of the parents have been very supportive.'
The school's governing body also backed Ms Patel, saying her 'unquestionable work ethic and professionalism had never been in doubt.'
Sgt John Rigby, of Lancashire Constabulary's minority team, said: 'This is an entirely internal school matter and police attended simply to calm the situation down.'

Al-Islah Muslim Girls' School is privately-run and has nearly 200 students.
It occupies the first floor of a red-brick mosque in Blackburn.
While it is a girls' school it takes a handful of boys at primary level each year. All students must adhere to a strict uniform code.
Music is viewed as un-Islamic and girls studying for the GCSEs are taught Islamic studies rather than religious education and Arabic and Urdu instead of modern European languages.

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192528/Classroom-assistant-Muslim-girls-school-forced-job-parents-believed-man.html)

Atlas
06-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I like muslims girls. They have something very pleasant when wearing the burkha. At least when they fart they keep it in their burkha, that must explain their yellow tan. :bounce:

Brännvin
06-13-2009, 12:29 AM
I like muslims girls. They have something very pleasant when wearing the burkha. At least when they fart they keep it in their burkha, that must explain their yellow tan.

Although I have no idea in UK, but judging by the examples of immigrant refugee ugliness at least in Sweden and Denmark, so it is better keep them wearing the burka and perhaps they should wear sunglasses as well.

Zankapfel
06-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Moderate + Muslim = Oxymoron

Brännvin
06-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Moderate + Muslim = Oxymoron

This is purely subjective, we interpret the values of Islam according to our own. Which is absolutely wrong to begin with.

I don't care for Islamic theology at all, they can be whatever want, the problem is the presence specifically of such religion in my country, what bothers me as most people here.

Zankapfel
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM
^ Of course it's purely subjective, as it is my personal opinion.
Ideally, objectiveness should come from both sides and if you asked me a year ago I would've probably been on the same tolerant bandwagon.
But living amongst them you eventually realise there exists no such thing as moderation or compassion for most of these people.
And since they're on our soil I must care about their values when they tremple on mine and not only clash with, but try to impose on those of my culture.