PDA

View Full Version : Better of alone?

Melina
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Is it possible that a person doesn't want to have a relationship. I have had experience in the past with relationships and to be completely honest in my opinion I find it better to be single. I know I said I want to get married and have kids in the past but I really don't mean it. I mean I am selfish and I am not very romantic. I sometimes feel my mission in this world is a higher purpose. Have you guys ever felt the same way?

http://www.womenzmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/enjoy_being_single_on_this_valentines_day.jpg

PetiteParisienne
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, if a person doesn't want to be in a relationship, then it's definitely healthier for them to stay single. Some people just aren't interested in sex, romance, children, marriage, etc. Do what feels right. :)

Graham
06-30-2012, 11:02 PM
My neighbour who is my dad's work partner. His 3 Uncles all in their 80's have always been single. Lived in a croft all their days digging peat in Donegal, Ireland. All happy enough.

arcticwolf
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm like you, I have no desire to be in a relationship. As a matter of fact I can't even imagine living with someone. I like do things how I want them done, when I want them done, if I want them done. Dealing with someone's else moods, it's not something I want to deal with. There are people who are not meant to be in a relationship. Remember this, being alone is not the worst that can happen, being with someone who makes your life hell is! Sex is one thing, relationship is another. I can separate relationnship from sex! :p

Leadchucker
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
It's your life, do what you want. If you have a higher calling and feel it, go there. Simple.

dralos
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
noway

Drawing-slim
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm like you, I have no desire to be in a relationship. As a matter of fact I can't even imagine living with someone. I like do things how I want them done, when I want them done, if I want them done. Dealing with someone's else moods, it's not something I want to deal with. There are people who are not meant to be in a relationship. Remember this, being alone is not the worst that can happen, being with someone who makes your life hell is! Sex is one thing, relationship is another. I can separate relationnship from sex! :p

You just forgot to add the most imortant fact. Sex is better being out of a relationship.
Some people anjoy cooking at home, but some like it to be served ready to the table and not have to go through the trouble of preparing in it while they will lose the eppitite during the proccess.

Dacul
06-30-2012, 11:20 PM
What staying single have to do with health?
Lol.
Sure,masturbation is not healthy but you can be single and not practice masturbation.
If you can not abstain from masturbating than is healthier to get married.

arcticwolf
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
You just forgot to add the most imortant fact. Sex is better being out of a relationship.

Some people anjoy cooking at home, but some like it to be served ready to the table and not have to go through the trouble of preparing in it while they will lose the eppitite dur

True, when they are not sure what the deal is they do their best! This ends when they've got you by the balls! :D

To me easy access to sex or food ready to eat when you get home ( like that happens nowadays haha ) is a price way too high for the loss of freedom! :p

Queen B
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Healthy ? yes.
If this is his/her choice

dralos
06-30-2012, 11:29 PM
True, when they are not sure what the deal is they do their best! This ends when they've got you by the balls! :D

To me easy access to sex or food ready to eat when you get home ( like that happens nowadays haha ) is a price way too high for the loss of freedom! :p
in your youth being single might be fun,but when you get old,you're going to beg for attention bcs nobody is going to care about you,if you dont have wife or children

Melina
06-30-2012, 11:59 PM
in your youth being single might be fun,but when you get old,you're going to beg for attention bcs nobody is going to care about you,if you dont have wife or children

That is true plus I see older women looking for younger men these days.

Dacul
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
That is true plus I see older women looking for younger men these days.

What you mean 30 years old women looking for 21-22 old years men?

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Is it possible that a person doesn't want to have a relationship. I have had experience in the past with relationships and to be completely honest in my opinion I find it better to be single. I know I said I want to get married and have kids in the past but I really don't mean it. I mean I am selfish and I am not very romantic. I sometimes feel my mission in this world is a higher purpose. Have you guys ever felt the same way?

http://www.womenzmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/enjoy_being_single_on_this_valentines_day.jpg

All single people say that until they fall in love and lose their minds.

Melina
07-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Some people anjoy cooking at home, but some like it to be served ready to the table and not have to go through the trouble of preparing in it while they will lose the eppitite during the proccess.

Wow I never really thought about it that way. Now I am more scared than ever to be in a relationship considering I want to stay virgin for now.

Melina
07-01-2012, 12:02 AM
What you mean 30 years old women looking for 21-22 old years men?

Nope I am talking about 50 year old women looking for guys in their 20's.

rhiannon
07-01-2012, 12:02 AM
It's healthy as long as it reflects a personal choice. I was once the same way.:)

Melina
07-01-2012, 12:03 AM
All single people say that until they fall in love and lose their minds.

That is the thing I don't think "love" exists. I don't think any guy can live up to my standards.

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 12:09 AM
That is the thing I don't think "love" exists. I don't think any guy can live up to my standards.

There's someone out there for you. You're very young. You have a lot of time.

iNird
07-01-2012, 12:11 AM

http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/black-woman-thinking.jpg

I'm a smart independent woman, I dont need no man.

Gets knocked up one week later.......

:coffee:

Melina
07-01-2012, 12:14 AM
There's someone out there for you. You're very young. You have a lot of time.

Nope don't think so. As I said before I have a very strong personality and I am very selfish.

Melina
07-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm a smart independent woman, I dont need no man.

Gets knocked up one week later.......

I won't get knocked up unless I am married.

Black Sun Dimension
07-01-2012, 12:18 AM
cecil rhodes was single al his life, said he had too much work in his hands.

Gloria, dont feel the need to fulfill what society expects you to do just to "fit in" and "feel normal".

2Cool
07-01-2012, 12:18 AM
If you are very selfish you shouldn't be in a relationship or have kids.

But there's nothing wrong with wanting to be single, some people have different priorities in life that's all.

Curtis24
07-01-2012, 12:38 AM
If you're surrounded by unattractive men, then its healthy to want to be single ;)

Quorra
07-01-2012, 12:43 AM

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/ab001bd980b901e0440181f1c32634761226380963_full.jp g

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 12:51 AM

It's not gonna happen dude! I know you think guy this smart has to pass his wise genetics on to the next generation it's in the interest of all of white race! :p Guess what? It's not gonna happen! While you'll be pussy whipped and miserable in your life I'll be happy and single! LOL

You are on your own sunshine. I don't wanna be pussy whipped! :D

dralos
07-01-2012, 12:59 AM
It's not gonna happen dude! I know you think guy this smart has to pass his wise genetics on to the next generation it's in the interest of all of white race! :p Guess what? It's not gonna happen! While you'll be pussy whipped and miserable in your life I'll be happy and single! LOL

You are on your own sunshine. I don't wanna be pussy whipped! :D
think about this sunshine when you're old and lonely and have nobody to look after you:D

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 01:03 AM
think about this sunshine when you're old and lonely and have nobody to look after you:D

I want to die young, old age creeps me out! :D

dralos
07-01-2012, 01:08 AM
artic i bet within two years,when we talk again you're going to be married

Melina
07-01-2012, 01:08 AM
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/ab001bd980b901e0440181f1c32634761226380963_full.jp g

:rolleyes: Why the face palm? I am simply stating the truth.

Supreme American
07-01-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't think it's healthy at all in the longterm. While you're still setting your place in life is one thing...

Svipdag
07-01-2012, 01:23 AM
There is nothing unhealthy about masturbation. All of its alleged harmful effects are old wives tales. Where there is emotional upset, it usually arises from worrying about masturbation.

You cannot exhaust your semen. The testicles can meet any demands you can make on them. You're not wasting your sperm. Nature wastes it profligately. One ejaculation contains over a billion spermatozoa. How many does it take to impregnate a woman (if such be your objective) ? ONE !

How much masturbation is too much ? THERE IS NO TOO MUCH. Does it have any beneficial effects ? Yes. It is well-known to relieve nervous tension. Congestion of the epididymes and seminal vesicles is uncomfortable, often painful.

If unrelieved, at the very least it causes irritability. The natural
"safety-valve" mechanism of nocturnal emissions is notoriously inefficient. Masturbation prevents a painful buildup of pressure in the epididymes ("lover's nuts") and seminal vesicles.

For those who are worried by Jewish myths, the sin of Onan was NOT masturbation. It is doubtful that he masturbated and that , even if he had, wasn't his sin. It was DISOBEDIENCE. Unless you are married to your brother's widow and have been commanded by Jehovah to beget a child upon her, the story of Onan has nothing to do with you.

The Roman Catholic and Mormon churches object to masturbation because it is non-reproductive sexual activity indulged in only for pleasure. So, of course, is the use of any kind of contraceptive measures. Ask yourself why sex is pleasurable if we are not supposed to enjoy it except when specifically engaged in procreation.

My last words on masturbation are: it is free; it is always available; and it does not transmit disease. ENJOY !

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 01:23 AM
artic i bet within two years,when we talk again you're going to be married

I'll take the bet! Tell me how much you wanna lose? :D

dralos
07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I'll take the bet! Tell me how much you wanna lose? :D
polish chick for a belgian babe:D

Melina
07-01-2012, 01:28 AM
What staying single have to do with health?
Lol.
Sure,masturbation is not healthy but you can be single and not practice masturbation.
If you can not abstain from masturbating than is healthier to get married.

:rolleyes: I wasn't talking about masturbation... I was talking about not wanting a relationship. Idiots in NJ keep asking yet they don't have a job and are not high class.

iNird
07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
delete

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
polish chick for a belgian babe:D

I rather have an Albanian chick! :p

Melina
07-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Define high class.

High class: Someone who doesn't say bad words every second. Someone with a good job. Someone who takes care of their Hygiene. Guys here in NJ are pure trash.

Dacul
07-01-2012, 01:32 AM
There is nothing unhealthy about masturbation. All of its alleged harmful effects are old wives tales. Where there is emotional upset, it usually arises from worrying about masturbation.

You cannot exhaust your semen. The testicles can meet any demands you can make on them. You're not wasting your sperm. Nature wastes it profligately. One ejaculation contains over a billion spermatozoa. How many does it take to impregnate a woman (if such be your objective) ? ONE !

How much masturbation is too much ? THERE IS NO TOO MUCH. Does it have any beneficial effects ? Yes. It is well-known to relieve nervous tension. Congestion of the epididymes and seminal vesicles is uncomfortable, often painful. If unrelieved, at the very least it causes irritability. The natural
"safety-valve" mechanism of nocturnal emissions is notoriously inefficient.

For those who are worried by Jewish myths, the sin of Onan was NOT masturbation. It is doubtful that he masturbated and that , even if he had, wasn't his sin. It was DISOBEDIENCE. Unless you are married to your brother's widow and have been commanded by Jehovah to beget a child upon her, the story of Onan has nothing to do with you.

The Roman Catholic and Mormon churches object to masturbation because it is non-reproductive sexual activity indulged in only for pleasure. So, of course, is the use of any kind of contraceptive measures. Ask yourself why sex is pleasurable if we are not supposed to enjoy it except when specifically engaged in procreation.

My last word on masturbation is: it is free; it is always available; and it does not transmit disease. ENJOY !

I do not believe you can not exhaust your semen,I think testicles and ovaries can get tired also and they have other function to fulfill in your body also.
How can you be a trouble maker if you lack nervous tension?
Nervous tension is very nice.

Quorra
07-01-2012, 01:58 AM
:rolleyes: Why the face palm? I am simply stating the truth.

You are a fervent European preservationist. Having children is the only thing you can do which will further your aims. None of this other nonsense means anything to your cause.

:)

Mortimer
07-01-2012, 02:10 AM
I want a wonderful lady counterpart in my life, if i want children i dont know though

Mortimer
07-01-2012, 02:13 AM
is any of the two a woman? i wouldnt mind a fat woman which i can loose weight together, if she is not "butch" but charming and has a cute face....

Melina
07-01-2012, 02:14 AM
:puke::yuck: Dude you should have posted that on the gay thread..

Quorra
07-01-2012, 02:20 AM
:puke::yuck: Dude you should have posted that on the gay thread..

This is a gay thread man.

Lábaru
07-01-2012, 02:20 AM
:thumb001:and you say that the thread of the knives is disgusting?

Frigga
07-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Do what your heart tells you to do. And, in the meantime, work on yourself on being the best person you can be. In time, maybe you will want a family and children, but you'll only know that when you are presented with the opportunity.

There's a really cool woman who has a blog called the Single File, I've been reading her in my local paper for over a decade, and I like what she has to say. Maybe you can find affirmation there for your choice.

Osprey
07-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Two people can work on a higher calling better than one.
And they can support, love and trust each other better than the hostile society.
That's my take.

Stefan
07-01-2012, 02:26 AM
http://www.foreveraloneguy.com/image/364-im-cold-forever-alone.jpg

http://foreveraloneblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FOREVER+ALONE_8f8608_3357405.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/342/4/f/forever_alone_ring_by_neko_xiii-d34geb3.jpg

Oh that's not what this thread is about? :p

There are other ways individuals who don't reproduce can contribute to society. Although, ideally, as a preservationist marrying somebody and having children is the best thing one can do. One must be prepared to develop the children the best they can and give them all the options for expression and a good life. So I can certainly see why somebody might not want that, as it isn't easy.

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 02:27 AM
:rolleyes: I wasn't talking about masturbation... I was talking about not wanting a relationship. Idiots in NJ keep asking yet they don't have a job and are not high class.

What's your idea of "high class"? Rich or someone with morals and compassion?

Dacul
07-01-2012, 02:28 AM
@Gloriana:
Lol you are really in a forged reality,why you think you do not have any decent guy coming at you?
Because you look good as body and as face,maybe is something about your character?
Now you start to blame all males from area that they are to blame for you being alone?
So you are the "precious" one and only male jerks are around you.
Maybe not all those males who would like to talk to are actually jerks,you know?
Lol,call it female thinking and that is it.
With this mentality you will really remain forever alone,but is from your own fault cause you are very picky about males but you do not see you are not perfect either.

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Will a Mod please delete the gay fat man pics. It's disgusting.

Lábaru
07-01-2012, 02:35 AM
High class: Someone who doesn't say bad words every second. Someone with a good job. Someone who takes care of their Hygiene. Guys here in NJ are pure trash.

but you have a job?

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 02:44 AM

I missed that earlier. I agree with you. Men shouldn't use bad language and should be financially responsible. There are men like that. Perhaps you just need to leave Jersey. There are a lot of classy guys in the middle and upper middle class, especially in the South and Midwest. Just stay away from the east and west coast.

Melina
07-01-2012, 02:47 AM
but you have a job?

Yes I do have a job and I study.

StonyArabia
07-01-2012, 02:50 AM
To some it is to others it's not. It's all depends on the person and his or her needs.

Melina
07-01-2012, 02:53 AM
I missed that earlier. I agree with you. Men shouldn't use bad language and should be financially responsible. There are men like that. Perhaps you just need to leave Jersey. There are a lot of classy guys in the middle and upper middle class, especially in the South and Midwest. Just stay away from the east and west coast.

I was thinking about moving to Montana. I heard that men over there are a lot better. Over here guys are to trashy.

Lábaru
07-01-2012, 03:00 AM
High class: Someone who doesn't say bad words every second....

then the Cantabrians are not high class :(---->
Idioma cántabro

Antiguamente, los cántabros se comunicaban a gritos de montaña a montaña. Con la llegada de los ewoks a España, se obligó a los cántabros a adoptar un lenguaje común a todo el territorio, con algunas variaciones.

El cántabro se habla cantando. Si una frase no tiene un tono ascendente al final, no es una frase dicha por un cántabro.
En las zonas occidental y oriental de la región, todas las palabras se terminan en U. Todas.
El cántabro ignora el uso del subjuntivo. Si lo conoceríamos, lo incluiríamos en nuestras frases.
Es bueno incluir un insulto o palabra malsonante en todas las frases posibles. Cagoendios es un saludo respetable.
Ante la inexistencia (o ignorancia) de una palabra, un mugido vale.
Toda frase debe de incluir al menos 2 palabras que acaben en uco o uca.
Costumbre de cagarse en dios, rematandolo finalmente con un Me cago en diógenes, para que no

quede tan mal.

Leadchucker
07-01-2012, 03:02 AM
......... Guys here in NJ are pure trash.

I would like to not thank you for that generalisation :(

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 03:07 AM
I was thinking about moving to Montana. I heard that men over there are a lot better. Over here guys are to trashy.

I think you're a really good catch. You'll have no problem landing a great guy. Montana is a good place, but it's sparsely populated. That's a huge change from Jersey. There's a lot of good folks even closer to you like in central and western PA. Pennsylvania is actually a very conservative state outside of the Philly area.

Contra Mundum
07-01-2012, 03:08 AM

LOL, she probably just lives in a bad part. Most of Jersey isn't so bad.

Melina
07-01-2012, 03:20 AM

Sorry to have hurt your feelings but it is true.

Quorra
07-01-2012, 03:58 AM

That's the trap of nazism. No one's good enough to be included. First you kick out the jews, then the slavs, then you move on to the gays, then the disabled.

Then it's the white trash to blame

and so on and so forth till eventually even your own children can't be good enough for the race, so aren't worth having.

And your generals, they've lost you the war, so they'll have to go too....

Siberyak
07-01-2012, 04:04 AM
That's the trap of nazism. No one's good enough to be included. First you kick out the jews, then the slavs, then you move on to the gays, then the disabled.

and so on and so forth till eventually even your own children can't be good enough for the race, so aren't worth having.

Cool story........

Maddy
07-01-2012, 05:16 AM
First of all....I don't think you are selfish for your preferences. I think that it is better you are happy....because if you are in a relationship and not happy....than that could actually be more selfish, because your mate would be affected....so I don't think you are selfish at all....you are being honest.

However....I used to think exactly like you when I was about 18-23. Was certain that I'd never get married....very unromantic....just wanted to be on my own....but then I changed. You may change....you may not.....but I'm just saying....keep an open mind because you never know. I really think it takes one guy - the right guy you are meant to be with that will make you change your mind. And I do think there is someone out there for you.

I know you say that you don't believe in "love"....but love is the reason for living....can't it be said that the reason you were even born is because of love?

Just keep an open mind....life can fully change for you in one second.

Quorra
07-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Cool story........

It's an awful story, and I'd like not to see it played out again.:)

If you don't have the ovaries or balls to have your own children then stay the fuck out of our children's lives.

Viljuska
07-01-2012, 05:42 AM

You are young, but when you feel the biological clock you will end up in a relationship. Most people do, you don't have to be romantic for that.
When you have children your priorities wil change and you will become less selfish.
Thats the way it goes, usually :D

Mistic
07-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Is it possible that a person doesn't want to have a relationship.

Yes of course it is. Some people enjoy their own independance and don't want to be chained to another person. The way I look at it is, we're born alone and die alone. Relying on another is a form of parasiticism. This is society forcing two people to be together for the rest of their lives. It's indoctrination. Most feel compelled to have a relationship with someone because everyone says they must.

I have had experience in the past with relationships and to be completely honest in my opinion I find it better to be single.

Me too.

Kazimiera
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
As far as the kids go, I am totally with you on that one. I've never wanted kids. When I was in my early 20's and I expressed this people said "Don't worry! One day when you are married you will change and you will want kids."

Well, more than 10 years have passed and two marriages later I still don't want kids. And my fertile days are nearing their end. Now people say "Hurry up before it's too late!" My view on kids hasn't changed since I was young, and I doubt that this is going to happen in the next year or two. Both my husbands have expressed, without my encouragement, that they never want children. This is one of the reasons we are together. If I met a man who wanted kids I would run for the hills.

As far as relationships go, you don't need to be in a hurry. You get the kind of people who hate being alone and will latch onto almost anyone in the fear that they will never have someone. These kinds of people manage to latch onto the wrong types and then cry in disillusionment when things don't work out. These are also normally the idealistic types who meet someone and the next week declare their undying love, start planning the wedding and buy books on baby names.

I think you are at the right age to be selfish and that is a good thing. It is now during this time that you should do what you want to do without someone holding you back. Now is the time to get an education because the older you become, the more difficult it gets. If you want to go somewhere and travel, you don't have a husband or kids holding you back. You can lock the door behind and go without having to worry about others.

Many people are in such a hurry to get into relationships that they get married and have babies at the age of 20. They are also normally the ones who reach 30 and feel they have missed out on life. Use your early 20's to their greatest advantage. It is a time you will never get back again. Be selfish and think about you and you alone. There is always time to meet someone and have a relationship but the clock is ticking on your 20's.

:thumb001:

~Elizabeth~
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
@ Gloriana
It's okay to want to be alone.
If you're not in love or not happy with someone or not with the right person or if the person you love turns out to be not at at all what you believed he was then it's your right to be independent of him.
You may change you mind when you do fall in love.
I know couples who have been together for years but choose to not live together and not marry. They live separately, in their own houses, yet are happy that way.

I also think I'm better off alone. I am not looking for a relationship although I do have long-distance crushes once in a while, which effectively keeps me from being in a real relationship. I think Contra Mundum gave you good advice, to move to another location.
I don't like the men from my area either and avoid them completely.
If it's not practical for you to move away, try finding new places in NJ to visit once in a while where the men are better. I've never been to a bad area of New Jersey so I don't know what you meant by that, but there are good and bad in a lot of places.
My paternal side is from New Jersey, from Hunterdon County and Somerset County and it is beautiful there and the people are very nice. You can try visiting there. Or find and join a group that shares the same interests.

Linet
07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Alone is far better than being with someone you dont match and love but you just "be" together , then you ll be alone :bored0: even with his/her company and even more annoyed....:grumpy:

But when you find your other half :fdancing:, the world cant spin without him/her...every moment is nice, even the fights :2headsalt:. Life gets color.....:rose:

So lonely is the best choise for those who havent found their true love ....if they had find it :hug2: ...then their answer would be totally different....:blume:

~Elizabeth~
07-01-2012, 01:49 PM
That's true. When I'm in love all that "I wanna be independent" stuff disappears. But it varies.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:14 PM
That's true. When I'm in love all that "I wanna be independent" stuff disappears. But it varies.

What if somebody has never been in love, whatever that means?

Osprey
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Alone is far better than being with someone you dont match and love but you just "be" together , then you ll be alone :bored0: even with his/her company and even more annoyed....:grumpy:

But when you find your other half :fdancing:, the world cant spin without him/her...every moment is nice, even the fights :2headsalt:. Life gets color.....:rose:

So lonely is the best choise for those who havent found their true love ....if they had find it :hug2: ...then their answer would be totally different....:blume:

I think Linet will find her love with a Faelid man

Linet
07-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I think Linet will find her love with a Faelid man

Why Faelid specificaly? :1099:

Osprey
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Why Faelid specificaly? :1099:

Because we are tall, blond, strong and romantic :)

Linet
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Because we are tall, blond, strong and romantic :)

Oh..sounds nice then ... :wink

Pallantides
07-01-2012, 02:44 PM
-nrUyL7zpkY

Corvus
07-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Sometimes I think it is better, but most of the time I don`t think so.
It depends on the mood.
Some say independence is overrated but as a whole I do not agree with this.
It is a basic human desire to spend your life with so you love and so it is definitly worth to commit to a relationship even if it means you have to make some compromises.

But ofc. you have to find a good match. Just to be in a relationship with a random peroson to enhance your reputaion in society is the wrong approach.

Quorra
07-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Everyone's focusing on this bit
Is it possible that a person doesn't want to have a relationship. I have had experience in the past with relationships and to be completely honest in my opinion I find it better to be single. I know I said I want to get married and have kids in the past but I really don't mean it. I mean I am selfish and I am not very romantic.

This is the interesting bit..

I sometimes feel my mission in this world is a higher purpose. Have you guys ever felt the same way?

You don't have any higher purpose kiddo. And I'm not saying that you having a relationship is either. I'm just saying, you're not made for great things.

Kazimiera
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM
You don't have any higher purpose kiddo. And I'm not saying that you having a relationship is either. I'm just saying, you're not made for great things.

Why not?

I think everyone has a higher purpose. Whether they get around to finding and living out that purpose is another thing. Gloriana is still young. Maybe she finds her higher purpose, maybe not.

Osprey
07-01-2012, 07:36 PM

Oh, and you know who are and aren't?
Fate is a very strange wind that blows off your horns when you least expect it.

Graham
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Someone going to edit the thread title? :P

Sir Isaac Newton prefered to stay alone all his days.

Osprey
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Someone going to edit the thread title? :P

Sir Isaac Newton preferred to stay alone all his days.

Leibniz will disagree................:coffee:

Rastko
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I would like to be in a relationship and I want to have big happy family.

The problem is my instability and failure to find satisfaction.

~Elizabeth~
07-03-2012, 05:25 AM

What is it that you feel called to do?
Politics? Government?

Melina
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
What is it that you feel called to do?
Politics? Government?

Maybe politics. Maybe be a leader of some sort one day.

Comte Arnau
07-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Maybe politics. Maybe be a leader of some sort one day.

You're in the US, where apparently it is very important to have a family and expose it publicly if you aspire for the White House.

Osprey
07-04-2012, 03:49 AM
You're in the US, where apparently it is very important to have a family and expose it publicly if you aspire for the White House.

http://cdn.instapop.com/assets/memes/Obama%20Getting%20the%20Finger/1262/original.jpeg?1329272145

Sarmatian
07-04-2012, 04:30 AM

Oh girl, throw all that rubbish away from your head. You are just a little scared to commit to a man, that's all. Dedicating your life to a work of passion is a pure male thing, no woman can succeed on this way and be happy.

Osprey
07-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Oh girl, throw all that rubbish away from your head. You are just a little scared to commit to a man, that's all. Dedicating your life to a work of passion is a pure male thing, no woman can succeed on this way and be happy.

A woman's job is to support and guide her husband through his journey.

Melina
07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I know, time will come, a mR. right guy will come to your life and will love you and teach you again how to be in-love,. Because everyone of us, deserve to love and be love. In God's time he will come to you. Just be patient to wait..

Is not about Mr.right. I mean I have met a lot of good men. I have no problem with getting into a relationship. The thing is I am starting to think I want more than be a mom and a wife.

Dalton Fury
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Is not about Mr.right. I mean I have met a lot of good men. I have no problem with getting into a relationship. The thing is I am starting to think I want more than be a mom and a wife.

No! :worried1:

Curtis24
07-10-2012, 12:12 AM

Its better to be alone, than to be in a relationship with someone who you're not attracted to.

Melina
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM
No! :worried1:

Why not? I mean in this day and age women can't be 100% dependent over men. What happens if the man dies? Or if a divorce happens?

Sultan Suleiman
07-10-2012, 12:33 AM

I would expect of my wife to be capable of supporting my offspring in case something happens to me. So I basically am looking for that attitude :thumb001:

Fortis in Arduis
07-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Gloriana, if you have a calling which forbids you to marry and have a family you must follow it.

I have had such a calling and was in holy orders of a kind for a while and it was very rewarding.

However, you can be a householder and still follow your dreams.

My partner and I are both abstinent and we have the benefit of each others' love without the emotional complications.

There are also married couples who have children but also practise abstinence and devotion to God. So, you can have both, if your partner wants the same thing; you would have to choose carefully and find someone who has the same aspiration as yourself.

Grizzly
07-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Gloriana, if you have a calling which forbids you to marry and have a family you must follow it.

I have had such a calling and was in holy orders of a kind for a while and it was very rewarding.

However, you can be a householder and still follow your dreams.

My partner and I are both abstinent and we have the benefit of each others' love without the emotional complications.

There are also married couples who have children but also practise abstinence and devotion to God. So, you can have both, if your partner wants the same thing; you would have to choose carefully and find someone who has the same aspiration as yourself.

lol, I pitty the fool who wastes themselves for the "devotion" of god. If she doesn't want a man because she wants to be independent why would she take a vow or some religious ritual?

arcticwolf
07-10-2012, 01:00 AM
lol, I pitty the fool who wastes themselves for the "devotion" of god. If she doesn't want a man because she wants to be independent why would she take a vow or some religious ritual?

I don't think you fully understand what he said.

Fortis in Arduis
07-10-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't think you fully understand what he said.

Exactly, I was saying that she can have her cake, eat it and then bake another! :D

She doesn't have to be alone, and she can have a family.

arcticwolf
07-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Exactly, I was saying that she can have her cake, eat it and then bake another! :D

She doesn't have to be alone, and she can have a family.

For you and me and people with "spiritual side" to them this is obvious and simple. Majority of people don't think like we do though. We are a small minority. I usually don't spend much time explaining stuff in real life to the lay and spiritually neutral because for the most part it's an exercise in futility. They are not ready. It does not surprise me they don't get the gist of what a spiritual being says, it's rather normal and it is the norm.

Sally
07-11-2012, 06:53 AM

You refer to yourself as non-religious, but the part I bolded is what some people who have a calling to the religious life have expressed.

Sarmatian
07-11-2012, 07:27 AM

And most likely reason for that is the amount of crap media pouring on the role of a wife and a mother. Look around and you'll see it everywhere. Devoted mothers portrayed as hysterical fanatics and caring wives as insecure and often infantile underdeveloped individuals. Your so-called 'calling' is just a response of your subconscious to all that pressure modern social standards put on young girls.

Sarmatian
07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
For you and me and people with "spiritual side" to them this is obvious and simple. Majority of people don't think like we do though. We are a small minority. I usually don't spend much time explaining stuff in real life to the lay and spiritually neutral because for the most part it's an exercise in futility. They are not ready. It does not surprise me they don't get the gist of what a spiritual being says, it's rather normal and it is the norm.

Do you realize that 'spiritual side' in females is very different from males. If a female has that spiritual calling she is absolutely out of this world and there is no room for her in life that is considered normal today.

Melina
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
And most likely reason for that is the amount of crap media pouring on the role of a wife and a mother. Look around and you'll see it everywhere. Devoted mothers portrayed as hysterical fanatics and caring wives as insecure and often infantile underdeveloped individuals. Your so-called 'calling' is just a response of your subconscious to all that pressure modern social standards put on young girls.

Then tell me this,what does a woman do if her husband dies? Anyways in this and age men don't like taking care of women.

Kazimiera
07-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Then tell me this,what does a woman do if her husband dies? Anyways in this and age men don't like taking care of women.

She scrapes herself together and carries on living. It's hard but it's the only thing one can do. I was left with nothing when my husband died, but I pulled myself together, picked up the pieces and carried on going. I'm a battle tank in that sense and tough as leather. Not much gets me down. And now that I have been through it, I am not afraid anymore of being alone.

Óttar
07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
CB5Q06dxIrs
:dancing: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :icon_music:

Marmie Dearest
07-14-2012, 09:04 AM

The young guys she meets may very well be like this, they may not be decent young men who are the sort she wants a life with. There's a social trend toward men acting sort of childish now, and I don't see how it's bad for her to want a better man.

I don't think there's anything extremist about what she is saying.

Marmie Dearest
07-14-2012, 09:07 AM

Excuse me but how is it your place to say this?

Gospodine
07-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Anyways in this and age men don't like taking care of women.

Chivalry is dead... and Feminism killed it. Women got too much advice about men from other women who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
Actually Feminism was the last nail in the coffin, suffrage and equal opportunity brought you guys above par with men in a lot of ways (it wasn't all positive), and now you really don't need a protector figure in your lives beyond adulthood.

I agree, we've become pretty apathetic and careless but don't just point the finger at us.

Albion
07-15-2012, 01:13 PM

How much masturbation is too much ? THERE IS NO TOO MUCH. Does it have any beneficial effects ? Yes. It is well-known to relieve nervous tension. Congestion of the epididymes and seminal vesicles is uncomfortable, often painful.

If unrelieved, at the very least it causes irritability. The natural
"safety-valve" mechanism of nocturnal emissions is notoriously inefficient. Masturbation prevents a painful buildup of pressure in the epididymes ("lover's nuts") and seminal vesicles.

Yeah, there was something about there being a lower risk of prostate cancer in the news a few years ago.
It is important to note that you could also get really bad blue balls if you don't have a partner or any way of relieving yourself, it hurts like hell and only has one remedy.

Explanations for women courtesy of Urban dictionary (http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=blue+balls): :D

the excrutiating pain a man receives when his balls swell to the size of coconuts because of lack of sex, unfinished bjs, and just not cummin when he knows he should.

when polly wont finish off your cracker

A horrendous pain that's like getting hit in the testicles... save for the fact that it lasts for hours. Ladies... imagine, if you will, getting your breasts slammed between a pair of rocks.

Breedingvariety
07-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Sexual tension that builds because of lack of sexual release is a strong impetus to pursue opposite gender. Masturbation release is a way to a calmer lifestyle. Sometimes if you want mental task done, you have to have done it yourself beforehand.

Breedingvariety
07-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Cool story........
Quorra is cool.

Breedingvariety
07-15-2012, 01:39 PM
They are also normally the ones who reach 30 and feel they have missed out on life.
No idea is more wrong than the thought of having missed out on something or that there is anything to miss out on.

"No regrets, they don't work. No regrets, they only hurt." philosopher Robbie Williams.

“Remorse.-- Never yield to remorse, but at once tell yourself: remorse would simply mean adding to the first act of stupidity a second.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Breedingvariety
07-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Its better to be alone, than to be in a relationship with someone who you're not attracted to.
What about being in a relationship with someone who beats you, or nags you to death? Have you ever thought about that? Or did your love for attraction PUA have become love for ant- PUA attraction ideology?

Marmie Dearest
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Chivalry is dead... and Feminism killed it. Women got too much advice about men from other women who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
Actually Feminism was the last nail in the coffin, suffrage and equal opportunity brought you guys above par with men in a lot of ways (it wasn't all positive), and now you really don't need a protector figure in your lives beyond adulthood.

I agree, we've become pretty apathetic and careless but don't just point the finger at us.

Please. It is your fault as a man if you don't choose to be a man, take the lead and find the sort of woman you'd like to be with. Some women would like a more traditional man, and men who sit around being "apathetic" or hating women because they see extremist feminists on tv or at the market only have themselves to blame if they don't go for what they want.

Albion
07-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Please. It is your fault as a man if you don't choose to be a man, take the lead and find the sort of woman you'd like to be with. Some women would like a more traditional man, and men who sit around being "apathetic" or hating women because they see extremist feminists on tv or at the market only have themselves to blame if they don't go for what they want.

I'm a traditional man. :lightbul: