PDA

View Full Version : Being in love.

Norbert
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
For me, whenever I've been infatuated with a girl I would dream about her. I would dream about either talking to her or just simply being with her, even if my conscious thoughts were somewhere else. This was usually my first symptom of a crush. It's what Freud referred to as the "wish fulfillment dream", when you start to wish you were with someone, it will start to manifest itself in your dreams.

Also, being nervous in her presence, and tripping on my own shadow for example :D would tell me that I was developing feelings for a girl.

Ivanushka-supertzar
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
it's very special feeling, like life begins to have a new meaning and you overlook many things in your life. When you are in love you start to act more mature and take a responsibility for your actions. And you suddenly feel an urge to do something good, to make someone happy. Yep, love is that makes people happy. :)

Grumpy Cat
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
All rationality flies out the window...

antonio
03-25-2011, 06:47 PM
it's very special feeling, like life begins to have a new meaning and you overlook many things in your life. When you are in love you start to act more mature and take a responsibility for your actions. And you suddenly feel an urge to do something good, to make someone happy. Yep, love is that makes people happy. :)

Exactly, is when you feel something strange stronger than fisical desire.

Gaztelu
03-25-2011, 07:06 PM
To quote a song by Coldplay:

"Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head. . ."

Peerkons
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
For me, whenever I've been infatuated with a girl I would dream about her. I would dream about either talking to her or just simply being with her, even if my conscious thoughts were somewhere else. This was usually my first symptom of a crush. It's what Freud referred to as the "wish fulfillment dream", when you start to wish you were with someone, it will start to manifest itself in your dreams.

Also, being nervous in her presence, and tripping on my own shadow for example :D would tell me that I was developing feelings for a girl.

Been there done that.

alexandra
03-25-2011, 07:12 PM
usually i know i'm fucked when i start thinking about the person when i'm trying to fall asleep. extra fucked if i'm giddy while this is going on.

Beorn
03-26-2011, 01:20 AM
How can you tell that you are falling in love?

1) You'll sleep in the wet patch.
2) You'll give more than you get in the sack.
3) Her inane chatter about BS will become the greatest fing EVA!!!!

Svanhild
03-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Other things in life become suddenly unimportant and you'd die for your love interest.

Susi
03-27-2011, 04:29 AM
A feeling of indescribable loss.

I never know that I was in love until it's over...

Oreka Bailoak
03-27-2011, 05:36 AM
How can you tell that you are falling in love?

It's the most obvious thing you'll ever feel in life. If it's something you're having trouble "telling" or recognizing then it isn't it.

It's difficult to explain in words because it's like an extremely powerful drug that alters your mind- and you can't understand it until you've experienced it. It gives you powerful feelings like unbelievable amounts of loyalty, duty, honor and respect. You become an entirely different person, like you've flown to the moon and don't understand why everyone is so concerned about little things.

An infatuation with a girl you sort of know compared to when you like a girl like crazy and she likes you like crazy is completely different (Casimir, dreaming about them is only the tip of the iceberg). It's like the difference between coca-cola and a mind altering drug- it's not even in the same ballpark. I've even kissed girls that I kind of liked before but not totally, and just one kiss on the cheek of the girl I really like sends out 10,000 times the adrenaline rush. The difference blows my mind. It's like upgrading from pee-wee football straight to the NFL. If true love was a poker game I would want to go all in without even a second thought. I feel kind of bad because I'm not sure every person will get to experience this powerful pure feeling in life. My DNA test says I'm prone to having addiction problems, and true love is the most addictive thing I've ever felt and hopefully the only addiction problem I ever have.

Gamera
04-07-2011, 03:16 AM
usually i know i'm fucked when i start thinking about the person when i'm trying to fall asleep.

I know I'm fucked when the first thing I think about when waking up is about that person.

Bloodeagle
04-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I know that I have chosen a person to love, when I start to care for them and what they do in a possessive manner, I cannot let myself love someone who sleeps around.
Love has to be mutual. If it is not mutual it is just a waste of time and will probably lead to a restraining order. ;)

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Being in love. What does that mean? Some of us have never had that feeling. Feeling love for animals or nature is easy, comes naturally, but loving humans is hard. Humans for the most part are unlovable. Romantic love, what does that mean? What are the signs? I've never been in love, never lost my mind for a woman or anything else. I can appreciate beauty and all but. Am I the only one here? How about y'all?

Osprey
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Love for me, is that feeling which tells you and your love that you both are together in this wide, lonely world. You have to rely on each other for everything. Comfort, happiness and romance will be found in each other's arms more than anywhere else.
However, i can't understand the people who mistake a sexual infatuation or a simple act of kindness with love. Seperation means that love never happened. True Love can only be seperated by death or God.

Arne
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Testosterone and Hormones ;)
And spending your Money for costy presents..

Germanicus
07-01-2012, 02:30 PM
There is no such thing as love.......call it by it's true name....Lust!;)

Arne
07-01-2012, 02:31 PM
It´s also called Pleasure and Pain..

Linet
07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Being in love is you every thought to turn around the one person :love0031: you care for, to hurt your hand and to think that you wish he/she knew it :cry2 , to cross the road, see something funny :lol: and imagining the moment you will tell him/her :blah: ...even if he/she doesnt even know you exist :confused3:.

love also is to want the best for him or her, your mother to give you the last piece of your favorite cake :pizza: and you to run to give it to him/her and feel greater pleasure by watching him/her eat than if you had eaten it yourself.
Your legs to hurt and to walk with him/her because she feels sad and needs to make a walk....
.....love is...

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Love for me, is that feeling which tells you and your love that you both are together in this wide, lonely world. You have to rely on each other for everything. Comfort, happiness and romance will be found in each other's arms more than anywhere else.
However, i can't understand the people who mistake a sexual infatuation or a simple act of kindness with love. Seperation means that love never happened. True Love can only be seperated by death or God.

I think that part is what is missing for me. I've since the early childhood been self reliant emotionally, and I am a big fan of self help, I don't ask or look for solutions outside myself or my capabilities unless absolutely necessary.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Testosterone and Hormones ;)
And spending your Money for costy presents..

So you think it's all chemically generated? In other words it's just "lust" business doing its bid to promote species' survival?

Osprey
07-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I think that part is what is missing for me. I've since the early childhood been self reliant emotionally, and I am a big fan of self help, I don't ask or look for solutions outside myself or my capabilities unless absolutely necessary.

Guys give support, protection and love
Girls give emotional backing, love and trust.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Is that life's experience speaking, disappointments, or ... wisdom? :p

Linet
07-01-2012, 02:51 PM
love is love ad lust is lust....
If lust=love then there would be few people taht would have followers beause of their beauty :rose:.
We dont love the most handsome, we love the one who at first triggers our curiosity and then intriques our mind.
The biggest trap is the mind. The woman/man who will at first hold your attention, if he/she succeds to hold it for some time, then will rule your thoughts and then you wont be able to sleep because of his/her thoughts.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Guys give support, protection and love
Girls give emotional backing, love and trust.

Emotionally I don't require support, I can switch my mind into meditative state on a dime and emotions have no effect on my mind, my mind knows how to deal with them very effectively. Trust is something I don't do at all, I know humans are motivated by many things and liable to fail at any time. My expectations as to reliability of human nature is realistic. I hardly get disappointed in that area. It's the romantic love that I can't figure out yet.

Linet
07-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Emotionally I don't require support, I can switch my mind into meditative state on a dime and emotions have no effect on my mind, my mind knows how to deal with them very effectively. Trust is something I don't do at all, I know humans are motivated by many things and liable to fail at any time. My expectations as to reliability of human nature is realistic. I hardly get disappointed in that area. It's the romantic love that I can't figure out yet.

then see it like that.....
...you ll be in love, when a spesific person will turn you to an idiot :wacko: and you will know the right but will act wrong and you ll lie to yourself that her bad behaviour is just....:eyes

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Being in love is you every thought to turn around the one person :love0031: you care for, to hurt your hand and to think that you wish he/she knew it :cry2 , to cross the road, see something funny :lol: and imagining the moment you will tell him/her :blah: ...even if he/she doesnt even know you exist :confused3:.

love also is to want the best for him or her, your mother to give you the last piece of your favorite cake :pizza: and you to run to give it to him/her and feel greater pleasure by watching him/her eat than if you had eaten it yourself.
Your legs to hurt and to walk with him/her because she feels sad and needs to make a walk....
.....love is...

Part of me wants to believe this is possible, doable. The other part of me, knows that this is some kinds of minds quirkiness and it can't last long. I've seen what you describe happen to buddies of mine and within months turn into a big mess. I'm looking for more permanent solution.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 03:00 PM
then see it like that.....
...you ll be in love, when a spesific person will turn you to an idiot :wacko: and you will know the right but will act wrong and you ll lie to yourself that her bad behaviour is just....:eyes

This in my case is more than likely impossible. I'm a Buddhist, my mind is clear and I watch all that happens to it, every thought is scrutinized, every mind state is observed, all the six sense doors ( 5 senses + the thoughts arising from the subconscious ) are guarded by my mind. I think I'm looking for something a lot more meaningful than just mind being silly. ;)

Linet
07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Part of me wants to believe this is possible, doable. The other part of me, knows that this is some kinds of minds quirkiness and it can't last long. I've seen what you describe happen to buddies of mine and within months turn into a big mess. I'm looking for more permanent solution.

Well i saw it happening to friend of mine and its still on....:love0031:
Some of them are married now and they are still like that and some are together few years now and they are in love they they were when they first met :hug2: ...i was also in the same situation for years but then distance got in the middle...i deeply believe in love :lovebire:

Supreme American
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM

How can someone who doesn't believe in love get married?

Linet
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
This in my case is more than likely impossible. I'm a Buddhist.

:nono: nonsense
...you are human....you have the arrogance of someone who hasnt found his master yet... :wink

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Well i saw it happening to friend of mine and its still on....:love0031:
Some of them are married now and they are still like that and some are together few years now and they are in love they they were when they first met :hug2: ...i was also in the same situation for years but then distance got in the middle...i deeply believe in love :lovebire:

That is the part of a problem, I don't rely on faith or believes as those are very unreliable mental tools. Neither one can be trusted to assess reality accurately.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
:nono: nonsense
...you are human....you have the arrogance of someone who hasnt found his master yet... :wink

Being a Buddhist is nonsense? Why?:rolleyes:

Stefan
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Love is the emotion I have the most difficulty conceptualizing. I suppose it is a matter of affection for somebody out of mutualistic experience involving empathetic situations. With romantic love this experience seems to be intertwined with familial structure and to a much lesser degree sexual intercourse. Although the latter has had a stronger emphasis in today's society than it had previously I believe.

Osprey
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM

Iam sure you can. You don't seem the lying type. But if not for your sake, lets say for some poor girl all alone in a hostile world with no one to turn to?
What if your wisdom and physical prowess can give a girl's mind comfort?

Linet
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Being a Buddhist is nonsense? Why?:rolleyes:

you know what i meant :rolleyes:

Osprey
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Being spiritual does not mean celibate in my eyes.
Infact, a spiritual couple can use kamasutra to heighten their pleasure.
And they'll be more understanding of each other, thus less likely to divorce.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Iam sure you can. You don't seem the lying type. But if not for your sake, lets say for some poor girl all alone in a hostile world with no one to turn to?
What if your wisdom and physical prowess can give a girl's mind comfort?

Good question my friend. My answer would be "it takes two to tango". I would definitely feel compassion towards her, and do whatever is in my power to lessen the burden on her, but without that "romantic feeling" towards her I couldn't really offer her what she is looking for. I could be a good friend, or even a "fuck buddy" but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. To my mind if you rely on someone else to be happy you are setting yourself for a big failure. Happiness must come from inside as it is a state of mind, you can't base it on any external conditions, if you want it to last.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM

I know what you mean. ;) As to ... you haven't found your master yet .. The way I see it it's outside of my perception. I don't think my mind can get this dependent on anything. It's gone too far for this to happen.

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Being spiritual does not mean celibate in my eyes.
Infact, a spiritual couple can use kamasutra to heighten their pleasure.
And they'll be more understanding of each other, thus less likely to divorce.

Finding spiritual woman is not as easy as you think. I've met just one, unfortunately she wasn't available, as she was already taken and unhappy in her relationship. I do not add to misery as it is insanely wrong. I give you that, I was very attracted to her, and she was my type a tall, slim brunette but prior engagements have made the relationship impossible. It happened just once and never since. Plus my mind has evolved further since, so I'm not sure about how it would react to the situation now.

Osprey
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Good question my friend. My answer would be "it takes two to tango". I would definitely feel compassion towards her, and do whatever is in my power to lessen the burden on her, but without that "romantic feeling" towards her I couldn't really offer her what she is looking for. I could be a good friend, or even a "fuck buddy" but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. To my mind if you rely on someone else to be happy you are setting yourself for a big failure. Happiness must come from inside as it is a state of mind, you can't base it on any external conditions, if you want it to last.

True enough. But most people are not smart enough to realize that. Someone must show others the way. What if, you both become spiritual orgasmic masters?
I know, your mind is the key to unlock everything. But, there is one thing still bludgeoning at my brain, that romantic love IS an integral part of true happiness. Maybe Iam young, or maybe i have read too many happy endings, but I believe in that idealistic picture of a prince and a maiden braving the world together.

Osprey
07-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Finding spiritual woman is not as easy as you think. I've met just one, unfortunately she wasn't available, as she was already taken and unhappy in her relationship. I do not add to misery as it is insanely wrong. I give you that, I was very attracted to her, and she was my type a tall, slim brunette but prior engagements have made the relationship impossible. It happened just once and never since. Plus my mind has evolved further since, so I'm not sure about how it would react to the situation now.

Spiritual people are a rarity, but finding them is worth the effort, let me tell you this.
Sex with a woman like that is heaven!

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
True enough. But most people are not smart enough to realize that. Someone must show others the way. What if, you both become spiritual orgasmic masters?
I know, your mind is the key to unlock everything. But, there is one thing still bludgeoning at my brain, that romantic love IS an integral part of true happiness. Maybe Iam young, or maybe i have read too many happy endings, but I believe in that idealistic picture of a prince and a maiden braving the world together.

That means you have a noble mind. Never, ever lose that, don't let others convince you otherwise. You have the base on which all wisdom is build. Without noble mind all is trash. You are doing exceptionally well in that department. Wisdom will come just keep the mind noble, you are on your way!:thumb001:

As to the possibility of a soul mate, I'm still hanging on to that and want it to be true, but reality shows me otherwise. So, I still have the seed of hope. ;)

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Spiritual people are a rarity, but finding them is worth the effort, let me tell you this.
Sex with a woman like that is heaven!

I wouldn't know from experience, but it must be as you put everything you've got into it. I'll leave that door open as long as my mind will allow me. ;)

Leadchucker
07-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Could love be being companions,partners and integral parts of each other and their lives life for 45 years? Then I'm in!! :thumbs up

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Could love be being companions,partners and integral parts of each other and their lives life for 45 years? Then I'm in!! :thumbs up

I suppose it could. Congrats by the way! :)

Comte Arnau
07-01-2012, 04:15 PM
When you've been with someone long enough to have passed that stage of primary lust/infatuation, shared enough common experiences as to have great memories or powerful bonds and you still have the feeling that you care for that person more than for anyone else, then you suddenly realize it must be what people out there call simply love.

Mistic
07-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Being in love. What does that mean?

Desire. Your whole heart and soul really wants someone.

Some of us have never had that feeling.

The sensation I just pointed out? Or you've never experienced this feeling being returned by another?

Feeling love for animals or nature is easy, comes naturally, but loving humans is hard.

Loving pets is more like companionship love. It's like a love for your friend, that you care for them. I love my family. There's different types of love.

Humans for the most part are unlovable.

Explain what you mean.

Romantic love, what does that mean?

IMHO true romance is sex. Everything else is fake.

What are the signs?

I don't go for candle lit dinners and soft music. Whatever mood that's supposed to put me in doesn't work. What puts me in the mood is from within.

I've never been in love, never lost my mind for a woman or anything else. I can appreciate beauty and all but. Am I the only one here? How about y'all?

Don't worry about it.

Leadchucker
07-01-2012, 04:25 PM
When you've been with someone long enough to have passed that stage of primary lust.....
Then comes secondary lust? The sexual attraction and the resulting activites have never waned here. The activites did slow down a bit from 6 times a day to 6 times a week. :laugh:

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 04:35 PM
The sensation I just pointed out? Or you've never experienced this feeling being returned by another?

Never felt it.

Explain what you mean.

Humans are greedy, hateful, jealous, ignorant, petty, arrogant, etc, etc the list is long. It's hard to feel love towards someone who has any of those, it's more of a compassion, for one knows these will cause suffering in the long run. Humans are very rarely genuine, they play a role and put up a front to project what they want others to see, or what "benefits" them. It's hard to love a fake.

IMHO true romance is sex. Everything else is fake.

Well, that's pretty primal! :D So what's with those who want more than sex?

arcticwolf
07-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Then comes secondary lust? The sexual attraction and the resulting activites have never waned here. The activites did slow down a bit from 6 times a day to 6 times a week. :laugh:

6 times a week after 45 years together? That's not bad at all! May not be the world record but it's not far behind! :p

Riki
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I've been Married for 13 Years,yet I can't answer your question.Although I wouldn't see myself with anyone else but my Wife.Can't really explain the feeling.
Before my Wife ,the girlfriends I really think It was all about the explosion of Hormones that makes us think that we are in Love.But It was nothing but a sexual lust.

Comte Arnau
07-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Yes, I'd say we could call it like this. Congrats. :thumb001:

Eliades
07-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Honestly, I think it's chemical and hormones. But, the feeling it self is more than that imo, it's that feeling where you don't want to loose her and that thought of that is scary as hell, she's always on your mind, if some other guy even tries to hit or flirt with her you're going to want to knock him out. It's just the overall unique feeling of comfort when you're around the one.

Leadchucker
07-01-2012, 07:52 PM
........ It's just the overall unique feeling of comfort when you're around the one.

:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

Linet
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Thats why few know what true love is :hug2:... because to find the one that will feel you is rare. Many people will never meet that special someone....
...Also about the spiritual staff you say....dont put labels....you never know whats your type. Maybe the mistake was that you think they are people you look alike. Maybe the perfect girl for artic to be a hippie girl that will never let his mind rest and will drive him crazy with her attitube but she will aslo be sweet to make him run to fix it....
You never know what your real type is...maybe thats the reason we fail in love. We think we know what is our type and we chase that and thast why we fail...

~Nik~
07-01-2012, 11:48 PM
You had the answer above I think, this is all about adrenalin (I only know the first stage) who appears when you are trying to make/keep an sexual and emotional comfort through a relationship.

Sarmatian
07-04-2012, 04:16 AM
It is common misconception about love when people call it sense, emotion, feeling etc... But its none of these.

Love is a process of emotional exchange on the most intimate level possible. People exchange emotions every minute but in most of cases they keep some distance. Love is when you exchanging emotions with someone with no distance at all, when you are ready to let this person as close to your heart as it is possible.

Do you feel lust toward your kids as well? :confused:

Drawing-slim
07-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Fuck love. Fuck that weak feeling.

Linet
07-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Love :love0031: is the strongest feeling but you wont find it easily...its rare and needs the rigth person :rose:

arcticwolf
08-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Fuck love. Fuck that weak feeling.

What happened? Care to share with us? ;)

PetiteParisienne
08-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Love is the reason to keep going.

Sunphq
08-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm afraid love doesn't exist. One of those childhood tales told to us.

LittleMermaid
08-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I can only compare it to being sick. lol. When I "fall in love" I get sick with longing and an almost desperate "hunger" for the person. I know some would say this is "infatuation", but I've had "infatuations" such as these that lasted for 5 years!!.
AND I never had the guts to tell him anything..I know, so pathetic.

Virtuous
08-18-2012, 08:34 PM
love feels great until you get hurt.

Talvi
08-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I can only compare it to being sick. lol. When I "fall in love" I get sick with longing and an almost desperate "hunger" for the person. I know some would say this is "infatuation", but I've had "infatuations" such as these that lasted for 5 years!!.
AND I never had the guts to tell him anything..I know, so pathetic.

I dont think that if it is 5 years long its an infatuation. Its being in love!!

I think being in love and loving someone romantically arent the same. After falling in love you may love, but you may also love without falling crazy in love.

I think love is more like an emotional investment that develops over time spent together (plus attraction), however it doesnt mean that all people who spend time together develop love.

dralos
08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
i've still not witnessed true love

Mraz
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Being in love. What does that mean? Some of us have never had that feeling. Feeling love for animals or nature is easy, comes naturally, but loving humans is hard. Humans for the most part are unlovable. Romantic love, what does that mean? What are the signs? I've never been in love, never lost my mind for a woman or anything else. I can appreciate beauty and all but. Am I the only one here? How about y'all?

Love is when your chick cooked your sandwitch and then she gets away so you can eat it in peace :love:

I believe in love, it's something you build, that goes bigger and bigger you appreciate the person for what she is, a simple smile makes you happy, you don't have to talk, being with that person makes you feel good....etc

StonyArabia
08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Love is such wonderful feeling. Love is the conquerer of all hate and prejudice. Love who ever you want and enjoy life. Life without love is all misery and pain.

Sunphq
08-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Love is such wonderful feeling. Love is the conquerer of all hate and prejudice. Love who ever you want and enjoy life. Life without love is all misery and pain.

You've sold it to me, I'm now a believer. :D

Arthas
08-18-2012, 11:29 PM

Me neither, and I'm not holding out much hope for the future.

dralos
08-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Me neither, and I'm not holding out much hope for the future.
we're still very young so the day will probably come for us both,dont lose hope brother:thumb001:

Arthas
08-18-2012, 11:57 PM
we're still very young so the day will probably come for us both,dont lose hope brother:thumb001:

Hopefully, who knows what the future holds... (except psychics)

Graus
08-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Love is a chemical reaction "designed" to make us provide and fight for our spouses and offspring, even when it seems detrimental to our own safety.

Not a very romantic way to view it but its more for most of us than the sums of its part fortunately.

carol
08-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Love is a chemical reaction "designed" to make us provide and fight for our spouses and offspring, even when it seems detrimental to our own safety.

Not a very romantic way to view it but its more for most of us than the sums of its part fortunately.

I think that love is many things, all combined. Emotional, physical, and spiritual. Romantic love has added lust, a physical and biological component, but it also has the intellectual ,emotional and hopefully spiritual components. For example, from a woman's perspective, the sexual attraction is physical, but when I love someone, I want his life to be wonderful and successful, even if that life does not include me. If you love someone so much, then even if it is painful, and you have to let him go his own way, it is also a sweet feeling. So it has an altruistic feeling as well as lust. So, even a one sided love, can feel sweet, in that you can see that the person that you love has a happy life, even if you never see him again, you hope his life is wonderful.

If you add in common goals, experiences, and a mutual commitment to each other, and both people feel the love for each other, then you have long term love. Yes, I have seen it, and most of us have- if you look at two very old people, shuffling along next to each other, and see the love they have for each other, or an elderly person siting day and night at the bedside of their sick wife or husband, you can tell it exists, and has nothing to do with lust then. I think part of love is a decision, not a feeling. It is a decision to love a particular person, even though you clearly see their weakness and strength.

When a person has a baby, they do not get a choice who that baby is, but they just love the child. It is part instinct, but also a decision-that is my child, I will learn to love this child in the way that is best for the child- and adapt to them, their particular needs and interests. It is the same with romantic love. You meet someone, feel lust, find out you have common goals, and decide to get to know them, good and bad parts, and finally come to the conclusion that you can learn to love them.

And, think that once you have had this type of love, it is likely that you can go on the rest of your life never needing another love, because you have had that one love of your life, and it is enough.

I also am quite sure that great people build great loves. Like a person builds their own character, their own body, and their own career, they build a great love. If they are unselfish and kind and hardworking, then their partner loves them all the more, and the love grows and grows. So, selfish, stupid and shallow people destroy their love with their own actions, and good people build their love with each daily choice they make. In this way they can make their love a hell and prison, or heaven on earth. The more exceptional the person is, and the better that they handle their love, the more it becomes something spectacular. Occasionally the love becomes so deep and great that other people notice it, but it is built by two great people. Great love between two people, epic love, is a window into the character of the two who have crated it and something for us all to watch and learn from. They build it over years and years until it grows into a monument to them.

Leadchucker
08-19-2012, 04:20 AM
......And, think that once you have had this type of love, it is likely that you can go on the rest of your life never needing another love, because you have had that one love of your life, and it is enough...........

This is my wife and myself. We've been together for 46 years since 9th grade in high school in 1966. Seems like such a short time when you're having fun sharing life with your soulmate.

Sarmatian
08-19-2012, 05:04 AM

:picard1:

Your mom never loved you?

Wait until the moment you'll hold your first baby in your hands for the first time. Its probably the most intense personality changing experience in life of a man ;)

Love is a chemical reaction ...

The whole life can be described as 'a chemical reaction'

Annihilus
08-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Aşk için ölmeli, aşk o zaman aşk.

Love for me is tying your destiny together, an unconditional loyalty no matter what. I do not think I can ever achieve this with a human but I have it with my animals. I also have it with my flag and I know it can turn out to be fool haerted because humans are treacherous beings by nature but I still hope some good is left in my people.

Alenka
08-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Love is... sticky.

Individuals are the pieces, and love is the glue that sticks them together. Chances are that without the binding power of love, two individuals could never become one. But that power, much like glue, is indiscriminate. It better be applied carefully, because it could stick just about anything together. Just because you love someone doesn't necessarily mean it's meant to be.

spaz
08-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Love is a feeling of desire, joy or thankfulness towards someone or something that provides something beneficial to them. It could be emotional support, acceptance, loyalty, self esteem, entertainment, sex, money, protection, aesthetics, services, advice, etc. Love doesn't necessarily involve romance or sex. Romantic relationships are only one type out of many.

I think the best kind of love to be in is with your job or career. That is the longest relationship you will ever have. If you love going to work, you're incredibly lucky.

Frosty
08-19-2012, 10:04 AM
If they are unselfish and kind and hardworking, then their partner loves them all the more, and the love grows and grows. So, selfish, stupid and shallow people destroy their love with their own actions, and good people build their love with each daily choice they make.
Besides this,the main feature of love is the total absence of self-preservation instinct.You put your partner and his needs ahead of you,and selfishness disappears.

Graus
08-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I think that love is many things, all combined. Emotional, physical, and spiritual. Romantic love has added lust, a physical and biological component, but it also has the intellectual ,emotional and hopefully spiritual components. For example, from a woman's perspective, the sexual attraction is physical, but when I love someone, I want his life to be wonderful and successful, even if that life does not include me. If you love someone so much, then even if it is painful, and you have to let him go his own way, it is also a sweet feeling. So it has an altruistic feeling as well as lust. So, even a one sided love, can feel sweet, in that you can see that the person that you love has a happy life, even if you never see him again, you hope his life is wonderful.

If you add in common goals, experiences, and a mutual commitment to each other, and both people feel the love for each other, then you have long term love. Yes, I have seen it, and most of us have- if you look at two very old people, shuffling along next to each other, and see the love they have for each other, or an elderly person siting day and night at the bedside of their sick wife or husband, you can tell it exists, and has nothing to do with lust then. I think part of love is a decision, not a feeling. It is a decision to love a particular person, even though you clearly see their weakness and strength.

When a person has a baby, they do not get a choice who that baby is, but they just love the child. It is part instinct, but also a decision-that is my child, I will learn to love this child in the way that is best for the child- and adapt to them, their particular needs and interests. It is the same with romantic love. You meet someone, feel lust, find out you have common goals, and decide to get to know them, good and bad parts, and finally come to the conclusion that you can learn to love them.

And, think that once you have had this type of love, it is likely that you can go on the rest of your life never needing another love, because you have had that one love of your life, and it is enough.

I also am quite sure that great people build great loves. Like a person builds their own character, their own body, and their own career, they build a great love. If they are unselfish and kind and hardworking, then their partner loves them all the more, and the love grows and grows. So, selfish, stupid and shallow people destroy their love with their own actions, and good people build their love with each daily choice they make. In this way they can make their love a hell and prison, or heaven on earth. The more exceptional the person is, and the better that they handle their love, the more it becomes something spectacular. Occasionally the love becomes so deep and great that other people notice it, but it is built by two great people. Great love between two people, epic love, is a window into the character of the two who have crated it and something for us all to watch and learn from. They build it over years and years until it grows into a monument to them.

I know my words dont seem to do the feeling any justice, thats what I tried to say with the last sentence.
Dont get me wrong, I like your sentimental approach but its not for me, I am no spiritual being. I define and even rationalize my feelings to a certain degree, which includes love as well. I love my fiancee, I would kill and die for her but those arent exactly rational feelings if you look at the world as it is today. I am not as ugly or poor, that I wouldnt have any other options than her. Sure I invested a lot of time and resources in her but logic would dictate rather to abandon her than likely face my own annihilation. Plenty of girls around, I can sire offspring to a relatively high age. But my feelings tell me otherwise, so why is that? Probably because my brain still "thinks" I am a naked Ape living in a cave surrounded by dangers with a shortage of females and a ridiculously low life expectancy. The act of rationalizing my feelings doesnt change them for me, I can enjoy the cocktail in my head without having to put it on a pedestal.
But thats me, I once told her about it and she was really upset. For her love was sacred and rationalising it was a sacrilege.
For her its degrading and diminished its value. She is wrong tho, she doesnt see what I see, how could her childish fantasies ever live up to the reality? We as a species came a long way in a relatively short time, because of behaviour like this, which allowed our numbers to rise, which enabled labor division, better living conditions/tools and everything which came after and enriched our lives. Its a beautiful thought, almost spirituel itself.

Graus
08-19-2012, 02:47 PM
:picard1:

Your mom never loved you?

Wait until the moment you'll hold your first baby in your hands for the first time. Its probably the most intense personality changing experience in life of a man ;)

The whole life can be described as 'a chemical reaction'

Throw some physics in and I agree.

carol
08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I know my words dont seem to do the feeling any justice, thats what I tried to say with the last sentence.
Dont get me wrong, I like your sentimental approach but its not for me, I am no spiritual being. I define and even rationalize my feelings to a certain degree, which includes love as well. I love my fiancee, I would kill and die for her but those arent exactly rational feelings if you look at the world as it is today. I am not as ugly or poor, that I wouldnt have any other options than her. Sure I invested a lot of time and resources in her but logic would dictate rather to abandon her than likely face my own annihilation. Plenty of girls around, I can sire offspring to a relatively high age. But my feelings tell me otherwise, so why is that? Probably because my brain still "thinks" I am a naked Ape living in a cave surrounded by dangers with a shortage of females and a ridiculously low life expectancy. The act of rationalizing my feelings doesnt change them for me, I can enjoy the cocktail in my head without having to put it on a pedestal.
But thats me, I once told her about it and she was really upset. For her love was sacred and rationalising it was a sacrilege.
For her its degrading and diminished its value. She is wrong tho, she doesnt see what I see, how could her childish fantasies ever live up to the reality? We as a species came a long way in a relatively short time, because of behaviour like this, which allowed our numbers to rise, which enabled labor division, better living conditions/tools and everything which came after and enriched our lives. Its a beautiful thought, almost spirituel itself.

Perhaps there is even more to what you feel for her than strictly what you describe. It may be possible that you are more than your brain, and even possible that you only have one part of the picture, and love is much more complex. You are certainly welcome to label your motivations and feelings as you wish, but you may see there is much more involved. It is more than what you feel now and will grow and change during your marriage.

And much happiness and congratulations for finding such a sweet, sensitive woman. Even if you do not agree with her, instead of thinking of her feelings as childish fantasies, could you try to consider that her feelings are as valid as your own, even though you do not hold them? Because if you are able to, it will make her happy, strengthen your bond, and respect her. Also, it may give you a new perspective. Can you see that love means different things, all valid, to different people? So, when you are not able to value her thoughts about love, you are throwing away the gift she gives you-her gift is the spiritual and emotional aspects of love. When you disclaim it, you are actually disclaiming and rejecting her ability to love you in the purest way that she is able to love you. Even if you are unable to love her that way, she offers to you from her heart, and her love is something to be treasured. Her type of love is real, even if you are unable to offer the same type back to her at the moment.

Graus
08-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Perhaps there is even more to what you feel for her than strictly what you describe. It may be possible that you are more than your brain, and even possible that you only have one part of the picture, and love is much more complex. You are certainly welcome to label your motivations and feelings as you wish, but you may see there is much more involved. It is more than what you feel now and will grow and change during your marriage.

And much happiness and congratulations for finding such a sweet, sensitive woman. Even if you do not agree with her, instead of thinking of her feelings as childish fantasies, could you try to consider that her feelings are as valid as your own, even though you do not hold them? Because if you are able to, it will make her happy, strengthen your bond, and respect her. Also, it may give you a new perspective. Can you see that love means different things, all valid, to different people? So, when you are not able to value her thoughts about love, you are throwing away the gift she gives you-her gift is the spiritual and emotional aspects of love. When you disclaim it, you are actually disclaiming and rejecting her ability to love you in the purest way that she is able to love you. Even if you are unable to love her that way, she offers to you from her heart, and her love is something to be treasured. Her type of love is real, even if you are unable to offer the same type back to her at the moment.

Well, I dont claim omniscience. The model I used is over simplified and I am no expert on this field, however I cant really imagine some kind of metaphysical level to it.
And I am not really sure she believes it either, she is a literature major and she really loves certain idealised concepts of love and other things. The glorfication of women and their feelings towards them just to get under their skirts eventually.
And even if everything they wrote was legit for them, it would still be an argument from authority.

I dont question her love but I think its her own way of rationalizing her feelings in the way she is most familiar with.
If I would be a philosopher I could ask if reality and our perception of it arent really the same at least to us, so her point would be as valid as mine.
But that always seemed to me like the cowards way out...

I believe the love of women to men to be different than the other way around. Which makes actually sense on multiple levels (different brain makeup, gender roles, biological necessities) but I dont think your love for us is deeper than ours, its probably rather the other way around. Historically speaking the survival of the males genes depended on his offspring and the mother of his offspring, who really couldnt be separated, while hers depended primarily on her offspring but also on her own well-being since she had to nurture the child, which makes the father as a person disposable. Mother and child needed a provider and defender but would get a new one, once the old died. Thats why men sacrifice themselves and their lovers take advantage of it.

I didnt force my opinion upon her, in the end we agreed to disagree and dropped the subject. Most men nowadays seem awfully quick to swallow their own opinion and simply nod in order to prevent dissent, however thats not the way I was socialised.

carol
08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
I didnt force my opinion upon her, in the end we agreed to disagree and dropped the subject. Most men nowadays seem awfully quick to swallow their own opinion and simply nod in order to prevent dissent, however thats not the way I was socialised.

In the end, it may not matter much, because the way you build your love will be based upon the daily choices you make about the relationship, and over the years you will build the relationship into what you both decide to, based upon your actions. My very best to you both! May you have many long and happy years together.

Tony
08-21-2012, 09:40 PM

Mmm, that come later imho, being in love is somethin' else.
It's like a bomb of energy and optimism that invest your soul and body.
You start to think of her more and more, start not to stand any longer grumblers because you think that everything is gonna be just as better as it can.And lowerin' your ego in a sense, since you start to think you can and must better yourself as your beloved deserve the best from you.
Beside startin listenin to love songs all day long while till the day before you were only rock, metal and grunge.
etc etc

That's the first phase, what Christian call Agape or the lustless disinteressed love.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape
Then the second phase comes, or the Eros.

Virtuous
08-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Mmm, that come later imho, being in love is somethin' else.
It's like a bomb of energy and optimism that invest your soul and body.
You start to think of her more and more, start not to stand any longer grumblers because you think that everything is gonna be just as better as it can.And lowerin' your ego in a sense, since you start to think you can and must better yourself as your beloved deserve the best from you.
Beside startin listenin to love songs all day long while till the day before you were only rock, metal and grunge.
etc etc

That's the first phase, what Christian call Agape or the lustless disinteressed love.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape
Then the second phase comes, or the Eros.

We swarthy Meds know about love more than anyone else :D.

Svipdag
08-21-2012, 10:11 PM
"Love" is a psychopathological condition in which the critical faculties are severely impaired. No one in this condition should ever make any kind of important decision. It is usually of short duration and is followed by disillusionment, resentment, often hatred, and sometimes murderous rage.

Couples who, while afflicted with this disorder, swear that their love will endure until the end of time, often face each other a few years later in divorce court, saying the most hateful things about each other. Where, then, is their love which was "here to stay" ?

The delusions which accompany this disorder are extremely pleasant, the more so, the greater the let-down when reality supervenes. The delusions of "love" and/or the withdrawal pangs which follow its cessation and the return to reality, are responsible for all of the "crimes passionelles" which make such great copy for the tabloids.

"Bah, Humbug !" - "Ebenezer Scrooge" (Charles Dickens)

Lithium
08-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't like the feeling of being in love, I am always trying to mantain a control of my feelings and when love comes it ruins everything. This is the most destructive feeling our sick minds could sense.

Sabinae
02-17-2013, 02:03 PM
"Love is Heaven, Love is Hell". And managing it can be a pain in the bottom :D

Twistedmind
02-17-2013, 02:06 PM

Probably best definition of it I ever heard in almost 29 years. :D

Dacul
02-17-2013, 02:14 PM

Well that is how a drugs dependency is feeling,very intense.
Love can be managed very well as a strong drug dependency.
I think quit smoking is actually harder than getting healed from being in love.
The method is very simple,you are getting some drugs produced by your brain when you think to that one of which you are in love.
And if you cast out those thougths,voila,no more drugs in your brain.

Sure there is the spiritual love,that is a different thing,but that state of spirit does not produce jealousy and is not linked with erotic feelings.
English only have this word ,love,here (in this thread) is about what in old greek was called eros,erotic love.

Madonna
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM

wow a co to za temacik kolego ?

jakaś się tęsknota włączyła w związku z 14 lutym ? :D

nie wiedziałam że ty aż taki romantyczny jesteś :rolleyes:

Dacul
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Well I do not think there is such a thing as a very good human being.
So falling in love will bring in all cases some soul pain.
Sure,you should care a lot about your life partner,but falling in love is just a weird sentiment.
It is like Sabinae said,like going between Heaven and Hell.
For example: you find that your partner cheated you and you want to kill both her/him and the one with who she/he cheated you.
What such behavior and sentiments (like wanting to kill someone for the fact she/he slept with someone else than you) has to do with love?
That is like being with your soul in Hell.

Now,you are happy with your partner everything works great.You are forgetting everything and you only know about your partner.
That is like being with your soul in Heaven.
However,being in this happy state do you still remember about other humans who are in misery?
Do you care about them?
No,your soul does not care too much about those aspects,it mainly cares about the one with whom you are in love.

So this state feels like you are with your soul in Heaven,anyway,is a false Heaven, your soul is actually still in Hell.
A heroine drug addict will do all kind of non moral things,just to get his dose of heroin.
And a person who is in love with someone else,most of the times will not care about morals either,just to be with the person with whom he/she is in love.

Twistedmind
02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Dacul, do you speak about lust or about love?

Dacul
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
About being in erotic love/falling in love.
That is connected with sexual desires towards the person with whom you are in love.
If you do not have sexual desires towards that person ,you are not really in love with her/him.

Twistedmind
02-17-2013, 03:09 PM
About being in erotic love/falling in love.
That is connected with sexual desires towards the person with whom you are in love.
If you do not have sexual desires towards that person ,you are not really in love with her/him.

Hm, erotic/romantic love is certainly good thing. What could be bad is pervertition of that feeling. (Situation you jut described). Concerning cheating, it is hard situation, person to whom you surrendered yourself completly, your mind, soul and body, being on most intimate term with somebody else.... that is hell.

2012JD
02-17-2013, 04:46 PM
The Dr. Seuss quote describes me perfectly because when I was in love , I didn't care or think about sleep or anything else really . I just wanted to be with him and talk to him everyday . We actually talked 24 hours one day when he was away haha

Ausência Forçada
02-17-2013, 04:51 PM
We actually talked 24 hours one day when he was away haha

24h?:picard1::)

Grenzland
02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Poor guy! :p

Svipdag
02-17-2013, 06:52 PM

You sound like me. To me, "love" is an unstable irrational state of mind in which the critical faculties are temporarily but severely impaired, especially where the object of one's affection is concerned. In many, but not all cases, disillusionment ultimately sets in and "love" turns to hatred. How else to explain the vicious things which couples who formerly proclaimed each other as the center of their universe say about each other in divorce proceedings ?

The person who is emotionally self-reliant is regarded as "cold", whereas, he is merely rational, as no one in "love" can be. "Love" can be a deliriously (literally) delightful experience, a high that no narcotic can match, but followed by a (sometimes actually) murderous letdown. [Yes, I've been there, but I have had the sense to avoid repeating the experience. "The burnt child shuns the fire" - McGuffey Reader ]

"AMARE ET SAPERE VIX DEO CONCEDITVR" - PVBLILIVS SYRVS

Incel King
02-19-2013, 01:32 PM
It's difficult to believe that there's persons which never been in love. First time I was in love is when I was 3.

5 signs of being in love are:

1.You can't stop thinking about person you're in love with.
2.You just want to be in her/his presence.
3.You want that person no matter what and you're capable to anything to get her/him.
4.You're jealous and possessive toward that person.
5.You think that person is prettiest in the entire universe although all your friends say that she/he is ugly.

Sabinae
02-20-2013, 08:06 PM
You sound like me. To me, "love" is an unstable irrational state of mind in which the critical faculties are temporarily but severely impaired, especially where the object of one's affection is concerned. In many, but not all cases, disillusionment ultimately sets in and "love" turns to hatred. How else to explain the vicious things which couples who formerly proclaimed each other as the center of their universe say about each other in divorce proceedings ?

The person who is emotionally self-reliant is regarded as "cold", whereas, he is merely rational, as no one in "love" can be. "Love" can be a deliriously (literally) delightful experience, a high that no narcotic can match, but followed by a (sometimes actually) murderous letdown. [Yes, I've been there, but I have had the sense to avoid repeating the experience. "The burnt child shuns the fire" - McGuffey Reader ]

"AMARE ET SAPERE VIX DEO CONCEDITVR" - PVBLILIVS SYRVS
Very good post! What happens with the burnt child, who actually doesn't shun the fire, when the case comes?? There is a point when you stop being afraid of it.... is it not? Do you know there is a point accross, when you surrender, embrace, and always keep the heart open? What would one be afraid of? The demons are not within the fire....but within oneself.... if one deals with those, they will never be afraid of the fire.... and the fire will never harm them.... :) :hug2:

Acquisitor
02-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Being in "love" was the most irrational thing that has ever happened to me, first it appeared scary since I feared myself a little bit in that "stage", but soon after I realized that being in love is a great wonderful and especially profitable thing, the rate at which my head produces new ideas to accumulate profits increases dramatically when I'm attracted to someone, and even more dramatically when I get the person I lust for. Being in love is a win-win condition, and while love tends to fade and disappears, the wonderful memories of increased functionality and increased profits live on.

Didriksson
02-20-2013, 08:16 PM
It's nice to be in love if you get the same back from the person you're in love with, otherwise it pretty much sucks.

Partizan
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Well, despite I know that, like every mental and emotional concept love can be explained simply with brain waves and hormones et cetera, I must admit that the feeling of love is something you cannot really describe and explain with logical and empirical methods. Beside the listed things, I guess some indescribable feeling around your heart area is also one sign of it :love0031: Or, smiling while writing something to your beloved person... You do it involuntary, like if your face muscles play a game to you :)

Tyfani
02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Falling in love is psychotic, loving someone on the other hand is logic...

Virtuous
02-20-2013, 08:50 PM

Tyfani
02-20-2013, 09:07 PM
well, you don't need to have cancer to analise its symtoms :p

Grenzland
02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Wow Malta said something intelligent...

Someone hacked his account for sure! :D

Virtuous
02-20-2013, 09:51 PM

Sabinae
02-23-2013, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdWBBOIYm0

Scholarios
02-23-2013, 02:07 PM
to imagine that it is inconceivable to be without that person. period.

Heart of Oak
02-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Very good post! What happens with the burnt child, who actually doesn't shun the fire, when the case comes?? There is a point when you stop being afraid of it.... is it not? Do you know there is a point accross, when you surrender, embrace, and always keep the heart open? What would one be afraid of? The demons are not within the fire....but within oneself.... if one deals with those, they will never be afraid of the fire.... and the fire will never harm them.... :) :hug2:

Love is unconditional; It has the power to overcome anything; as long as there is love, you will find that inner peace you have been looking for; you will know when it hits you:::::

Dacul
02-23-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm sick of people who pretend to be big-shots on the internet just because how much cold and emotionless they can show us they are, when in reality either they didn't have any experience yet or they went through some shit but deny it and make fun of those who are going through that shit.

End of the rant.

motherfuckers.
I am not emotionless at all,I get tears in my eyes when seeing beautiful nature scenery and in other occasions also.
I do not think I am cold either.
But being in love is actually making you cold and emotionless toward other persons and things ,than the person you love.
Is just egotism pushed at extreme,in 2 persons.
A dark ravine of the mind and of the soul,so horrible that it terrifies me only when I am thinking at it.
Erase all humanity,kindness empathy and so on from someone,a terrible drug dependence just here the drug is the presence,the hugs,the kisses and so on of one person.

Tyfani
02-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Love is unconditional; It has the power to overcome anything; as long as there is love, you will find that inner peace you have been looking for; you will know when it hits you:::::

yes, but the other person HAS to make something in order to love him... Falling in love with someone and later thinking you love him is not a rare phenomenon....
As it goes for me... The other must do something so I have a reason to love him, and then I can do anything for the one I love. But I never fall in love.
Maybe those ormons do not exist in my brain :p

Heart of Oak
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
yes, but the other person HAS to make something in order to love him... Falling in love with someone and later thinking you love him is not a rare phenomenon....
As it goes for me... The other must do something so I have a reason to love him, and then I can do anything for the one I love. But I never fall in love.
Maybe those ormons do not exist in my brain :p

Sorry but I really think you do not understand; love is total and unconditionally brings the union together to grow; to be nurtured by both; it should hurt when your apart; you do not have to speak, the other already knows:::

Tyfani
02-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Sorry but I really think you do not understand; love is total and unconditionally brings the union together to grow; to be nurtured by both; it should hurt when your apart; you do not have to speak, the other already knows:::

yeap that's the spirit... I just mention that you cannot love someone "because". he needs to give you a good reason so you want yourself to be one with him

Sarmatian
02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
yeap that's the spirit... I just mention that you cannot love someone "because". he needs to give you a good reason so you want yourself to be one with him

If you're looking for reasoning to fall in love you'll never find an actual love.

arcticwolf
02-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Wow Malta said something intelligent...

Someone hacked his account for sure! :D

Grenzland, you are a funny dude! LOL

Are you sure you are not a crypto Slav? :tongue

Your sense of humor is so Slavic! :laugh:

arcticwolf
02-26-2013, 02:57 AM
This song is a bit funky, but the lyrics are relevant. It "talks" to me. Am I getting this right? lol

Here it is. Don't complain it contains lyrics, I know it's lesbian theme, but that's the best i could do on a short notice LOL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tju1ORxtb04

arcticwolf
02-26-2013, 03:06 AM
wow a co to za temacik kolego ?

jakaś się tęsknota włączyła w związku z 14 lutym ? :D

nie wiedziałam że ty aż taki romantyczny jesteś :rolleyes:

Pozornie tylko! ;) Musze od czasu do czasu pozorowac ze jestem romatycznie uzdolniony lol

Tak naprawde nie mam pojecia co tam jest napisane, skopiowalem to gdzies z netu tak dla jaj tego dnia bo bylem pijany. LOL LOL

Sabinae
03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
“The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”

― Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

arcticwolf
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
“The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”

Pretty depressing :(

Sabinae an attractive and classy lady like yourself should have all the luck in love any one can dream of! :P

Any man that had your heart and did something stupid to lose it, is a certified damned fool! LOL

Sabinae
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Pretty depressing :(

Sabinae an attractive and classy lady like yourself should have all the luck in love any one can dream of! :P

Any man that had your heart and did something stupid to lose it, is a certified damned fool! LOL

Very kind of you..... and the compliments are lovely... thank you....
..... but I'm waiting for the day when nothing remains.... the only request would be that some miracle happens...and it would come sooner....

Twistedmind
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Are all males arround you lack both eyes and brain?

Virtuous
03-02-2013, 08:18 PM

"Sad but true."

- James Hetfield

arcticwolf
03-02-2013, 08:23 PM
..... but I'm waiting for the day when nothing remains.... the only request would be that some miracle happens...and it would come sooner....

Now you are really depressing me! :( I hate to see someone as valuable as a human being as yourself, and as smart, as sophisticated and as beautiful as yourself to be so resigned :(

You are way too young to give up.

If I was as good looking as my bro Twistedmind, I would have immediately rectify this obviously malfunctioning situation! :P

I hope my Slavic bro Twistedmind is listening! LOL

Dacul
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM

I could come to comfort you!You could cry on my shoulder after that one that you love and he is not loving you.
I am only 60km away from you,being back to Bucharest.

Twistedmind
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Now you are really depressing me! :( I hate to see someone as valuable as a human being as yourself, and as smart, as sophisticated and as beautiful as yourself to be so resigned :(

You are way too young to give up.

If I was as good looking as my bro Twistedmind, I would have immediately rectify this obviously malfunctioning situation! :P

I hope my Slavic bro Twistedmind is listening! LOL
You are matchmaker?
Well she is indeed on of most beautyfull ladies here, and I would like to help, but I am affraid Romanul allready went in action. :(

Sabinae
03-02-2013, 08:32 PM
It's ok wolf....and everyone here is wonderful....but there is little anyone can do.... Life has different ways for each....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZKHZq2xhE

arcticwolf
03-02-2013, 08:34 PM
You are matchmaker?
Well she is indeed on of most beautyfull ladies here, and I would like to help, but I am affraid Romanul allready went in action. :(

I was just thinking of the best man for the job at hand, and my bro Twistedmind was the obvious choice! :P

Yes she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful ladies on this forum, that's a given.

Well, romanul has a few advantages, language, distance, but I think overall you are in the lead bro!

Slavic Power! LOL

Dacul
03-02-2013, 08:40 PM
You are matchmaker?
Sabinae is immune to my tries to charm her.
So I tried but it did not worked.You do not see my above try,Sabinae does not even care about it.

Twistedmind
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I was just thinking of the best man for the job at hand, and my bro Twistedmind was the obvious choice! :P

Yes she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful ladies on this forum, that's a given.

Well, romanul has a few advantages, language, distance, but I think overall you are in the lead bro!

Slavic Power! LOL

Thank you for believing in me. :thumbs

arcticwolf
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
It's ok wolf....and everyone here is wonderful....but there is little anyone can do.... Life has different ways for each....

It ain't over, until it's over!

Here is something to chew on: love gets us when we least expect it. You may be closer to it than you think! Chin up! :thumb001:

You maybe just somebody to the world but you may be the whole world to somebody.

Dudes create songs like this one for a reason! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7mYrDVIjo

Twistedmind
03-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Sabinae, just dont give up. Love is sometimes hard, but sooner or latter you will find someone who will deserve your love. You are too good looking and to sweet not to get best man arround. :)

If there is no one arround, just call me :D

Mans not hot
03-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Sab, will you marry me? I will be the happiest man of your life, trust me.

Žołnir
03-02-2013, 08:47 PM

I have +2000€ debt, old VW Golf I, dirty house and a lame dog + i am full of love. Is that miracle enough? :D

Virtuous
03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Sab, will you marry me? I will be the happiest man of your life, trust me.

willyoumarryme?

Insuperable
03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I have never fell in love with a women. I only felt physical attraction, but that is not something I let them know.:)

Žołnir
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I have never fall in love with a women. I only felt physical attraction, but that is not something I let them know.:)

I am not sure i was before either but i think now i am. Basically i am obssesed with one woman. I think bout her all time. Somehow unfortenately i am scared like shit when i try to tell her that. I know what most ppl who read this will think bout me as coward but i have good reasons to be scared. xD

Szegedist
03-02-2013, 09:12 PM
I have never fall in love with a women. I only felt physical attraction, but that is not something I let them know.:)

Why do you think this is? Never met the right woman, or just are you less emotional in that respect?

Mans not hot
03-02-2013, 09:12 PM
willyoumarryme?
Yes, darling.

Virtuous
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes, darling.

give me the fucking ring with a big ass fucking diamond and your bank account details or I rip your fucking head off.

*cheers*

Szegedist
03-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I am not sure i was before either but i think now i am. Basically i am obssesed with one woman. I think bout her all time. Somehow unfortenately i am scared like shit when i try to tell her that. I know what most ppl who read this will think bout me as coward but i have good reasons to be scared. xD

Its not Tina Maze is it? :laugh:

Žołnir
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Its not Tina Maze is it? :laugh:

LOL no. This one is better (IMO) at least visually but yeah by hair, skin, etc. color seems quite identical to Tina. :D

Permafrost
03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
When you fancy someone, you should take your chances right away. And hey, even if she/he rejects you, you at least get some closure on it.

Better that then living in regret, am I right?

Insuperable
03-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Why do you think this is? Never met the right woman, or just are you less emotional in that respect?

I really do not know especially since I would not say I am not emotional. I simply have never felt that something towards a women that I can say "I am in love".

Žołnir
03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
When you fancy someone, you should take your chances right away. And hey, even if she/he rejects you, you at least get some closure on it.

Better that then living in regret, am I right?

True. Lets hope i won't live in regret and win the jackpot!

Permafrost
03-02-2013, 10:38 PM
True. Lets hope i won't live in regret and win the jackpot!

Go & get her, tiger! :D

arcticwolf
03-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Why do you think this is? Never met the right woman, or just are you less emotional in that respect?6

It's a system based on a Need To Know basis, they just don't need to know. It's a system that is a subsystem of the KISS principle Keep It Simple Stupid. :laugh:

Stanley
03-03-2013, 04:11 AM
I'm not sure which opinion on love is more unpalatable: the hopelessly idealistic notions of true love and soul mates, or the cynical reduction of love into its component physiochemical parts—a critique which is not wrong in itself, but one that seems to be used selectively against love and not to other aspects of human experience that could likewise be nihilistically deconstructed into the atomistic processes of hardwired biology.

Sarmatian
03-03-2013, 04:59 AM

'...Can you rise from the dirt
Can you love, like you've never been hurt
If you been hurt, can you still believe
can you set your spirit free...'

Anulik
03-03-2013, 05:48 AM
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love Verse

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

That is love. Love is in its purest form, or pure love, cannot be lust. For those relationships to withstand all obstacles, I believe they must possess this love.

Sabinae
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM

It's a system based on a Need To Know basis, they just don't need to know. It's a system that is a subsystem of the KISS principle Keep It Simple Stupid. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGNLo8K6Fk

Linet
03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love Verse

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

That is love. Love is in its purest form, or pure love, cannot be lust. For those relationships to withstand all obstacles, I believe they must possess this love.

Yes but thats not talking about erotic love :love0031:....but about love for other humans, friends, parents, children :grouphug: etc....

Dacul
03-05-2013, 10:52 AM
^
Wise woman.

arcticwolf
04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes but thats not talking about erotic love :love0031:....but about love for other humans, friends, parents, children :grouphug: etc....

You mean lust? There ain't no such thing as erotic love. :P

Heart of Oak
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I think she is confused with sex:

Tyfani
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
You mean lust? There ain't no such thing as erotic love. :P

no there is.... You can cuddle with a person you love, but it is different hugging my boyfriend from hugging my brother.... Even when there is no "lust" thing in my mind :)

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 08:35 PM
no there is.... You can cuddle with a person you love, but it is different hugging my boyfriend from hugging my brother.... Even when there is no "lust" thing in my mind :)

Please! lol

It's not love, it's greed for someone at the particular point in time! lol

True love is a state of mind that has no basis in selfishness. What you call love is a combination of, lust, greed, fear, dependence and a few other emotions.

Sunshine I ain't horny naive teen I've seen it all! :P

:laugh:

Tyfani
04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Please! lol

It's not love, it's greed for someone at the particular point in time! lol

True love is a state of mind that has no basis in selfishness. What you call love is a combination of, lust, greed, fear, dependence and a few other emotions.

Sunshine I ain't horny naive teen I've seen it all! :P

:laugh:

well i may be naive but i've never fell in love.... but i've loved some people, and i know when i want to love someone like "i would kill anyone who would heart you" or "i cannot imagine myself waking up next to anyone but the one i love" :p

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Been in love here...unhappily...I'm optimistic though!

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Been in love here...unhappily...I'm optimistic though!
Be in love with me babe.

Dacul
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Be in love with me babe.

He is a stud,do not trust him.

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:00 PM
eh eh ehehe...

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 09:03 PM
well i may be naive but i've never fell in love.... but i've loved some people, and i know when i want to love someone like "i would kill anyone who would heart you" or "i cannot imagine myself waking up next to anyone but the one i love" :p

I don't know if you realize it, but you've just proved my point, and very very well at that! lol As I a said sweetie, lust for sombody is rooted in selfishness no matter how "noble" it seems to the naive, it's a sublime form of greed. Honey I may not know much, but I am a buddhist and inner workings of the mind are no secret to me. You know one mind you know them all, it's same shit different wrapper.

Am I saying avoid romantic pursuits, hell no, what I am saying is be realistic, don't idealize the imperfect. When "love" dies down and ends as it always does you'll suffer whole lot less.

Contrary to your believes at the moment I am the one who gives you best advice. Those horny boys that tell you otherwise don't know why the water is wet, much less how the mind works. :laugh:

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 09:06 PM
eh eh ehehe...
Think about it. You and me lay down on a beautiful green grass on a warm sunny day.

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Well at the moment I'm in a "bitch-mode" when it comes to men..;)

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Well at the moment I'm in a "bitch-mode" when it comes to men..;)
I like it when you're in a bitch mode...

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Sure...

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Think about it. You and me lay down on a beautiful green grass on a warm sunny day.

Would you please try to get laid somwhere else, people are trying to have deep phylosophical/existential discussions over here. Thank you! :laugh:

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Sure...
:hug2:

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:15 PM
But that is all about "lust" and with the guy I was seeing it was much deeper than that..unfortunately it is what it is and I miss him as a soulmate.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
But that is all about "lust" and the guy I was seeing was much deeper than that..

Ah, still in denial. It will pass, let time do its thing. Here this will help. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPDBfMkB4U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm not feeling sorry for myself anymore and I confess that I did..now I just miss his company..it will pass...

Virtuous
04-07-2013, 09:29 PM
It made me do things I thought I'd never do (anytime soon), but most importantly it made me sound like a whiny little dog.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 09:38 PM
So you all don't think that I am this heartless realist immune to romantic love entirely I need to say that if I ever found my soul mate even my super rational mind could not hold me back! :P

I do have romantic side :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsHLE56mkd4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
^I believe you..a soul mate is indeed a rare find and we can all hope to encounter ours.

Pallantides
04-07-2013, 09:46 PM
I have already encountered my soul mate.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 09:48 PM
^I believe you..a soul mate is indeed a rare find and we can all hope to encounter ours.

I am afraid it's an urban myth, I've been looking for mine for eternity and never even caught a glimpse of. :P

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 09:48 PM

Mordid is not your soul mate! lol

Virtuous
04-07-2013, 09:49 PM

I know babe, now we're finally together, united in our love for ass.

Pallantides
04-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Mordid is not your soul mate! lol
No.

I'm my own soul mate.

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Well I will hope for it anyway..

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 09:52 PM
soul mate.
Me, obviously.

Dacul
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I broke Pallantides heart last night with what I posted!
He is in denial about it,anyway.He pretends that he does not care.
He did not broke my heart with what he posted,since I do not have a heart.

Virtuous
04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Pallantides stop bitching around, we all know Wadaad is your soul mate.

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Wadaad is your soul mate.
Pallantides = IM?

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Well I will hope for it anyway..

Where am from we call hope the mother of the naive. Although, noble thoughts are great help in the the process of refining the mind, it is a helpful tool on the journey to enlightenment. I hope you'll find what you are looking for! Once you do let us know what feels like, I am sure I am not the only one who is curious. :P

Dacul
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I think actually Pallantides got a Norwegian woman as soul mate,if I recall right he had a wedding ring on his right hand,which means he is engaged.
Norwegian woman might be not most beautiful as look,but are very nice as character,for a life partner,me thinks.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I broke Pallantides heart last night with what I posted!
He is in denial about it,anyway.He pretends that he does not care.
He did not broke my heart with what he posted,since I do not have a heart.

if I was you I would be cuddling with Sabinae right now instead of talking to a bunch of lonely nerds on the net! What the fuck are you thinking? lol

Virtuous
04-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Pallantides = IM?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mans not hot
04-07-2013, 10:06 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh no, Geni has been hacked your Account!

Virtuous
04-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Oh no, Geni has been hacked your Account!

Halp! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lp.

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Where am from we call hope the mother of the naive. Although, noble thoughts are great help in the the process of refining the mind, it is a helpful tool on the journey to enlightenment. I hope you'll find what you are looking for! Once you do let us know what feels like, I am sure I am not the only one who is curious. :P

I'm not looking for it really..I just want to go optimistic through life and find someone I can be myself with completely, who appreciates that. Probably wrong but well I'm young and learning:).

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Why are you Polaks stalking my thread? Especially you Malta! lol

Virtuous
04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Why are you Polaks stalking my thread? Especially you Malta! lol

Because you're my bro from another mo' and so is Xavier.

Dacul
04-07-2013, 10:15 PM
if I was you I would be cuddling with Sabinae right now instead of talking to a bunch of lonely nerds on the net! What the fuck are you thinking? lol

If you are so interested about her,she got facebook,you can contact her there.
I can ask her if I can give you her facebook account.
I am not interested in dating Sabinae.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm not looking for it really..I just want to go optimistic through life and find someone I can be myself with completely, who appreciates that. Probably wrong but well I'm young and learning:).

Nothing wrong with that. Being young is not a crime, though these teenagers XX and Malta get on my nerves! Two lonely dweebs! lol

To know something is important, to understand what we know is even more important, but the only thing that counts is acting on what we really understand.
Take your time, don't rush anything, patience is the greatest of virtues. You need to be happy with yourself completely before you can make any one else happy.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:23 PM
If you are so interested about her,she got facebook,you can contact her there.
I can ask her if I can give you her facebook account.
I am not interested in dating Sabinae.

And how am I suppose to do that Sherlock? I am in Southern California and she is in Eastern Europe! lol

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Because you're my bro from another mo' and so is Xavier.

That is true. Forgot about that. :P

Nimrodel
04-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Nothing wrong with that. Being young is not a crime, though these teenagers XX and Malta get on my nerves! Two lonely dweebs! lol

To know something is important, to understand what we know is even more important, but the only thing that counts is acting on what we really understand.
Take your time, don't rush anything, patience is the greatest of virtues. You need to be happy with yourself completely before you can make any one else happy.

Good advices, I humbly thank you. Nice to have a rewarding conversation. I have battled bad confidence and low self-esteem through the years and now I honestly feel good about myself, with what I have within(the most important).
The guy I was seeing was not whole which he told me in all honestly.

Dacul
04-07-2013, 10:29 PM
And how am I suppose to do that Sherlock? I am in Southern California and she is in Eastern Europe! lol
Well if you are really interested about her and she is interested about you,you can call her in US.
I do not know if she is coming again on the forum or not.
Till than you could talk online.

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Good advices, I humbly thank you. Nice to have a rewarding conversation. I have battled bad confidence and low self-esteem through the years and now I honestly feel good about myself, with what I have within(the most important).
The guy I was seeing was not whole which he told me in all honestly.

There is nothing to thank me for. I know those things because I've been where you are at. It's no fun and it takes a long time to mend a broken heart. I can laugh about it now, but it took all the strength I had to pull myself up from the hole i was in when it was happening, and I am a buddhist so i knew what was happening to me as it was happening, still could not stop it from happening.

But it did pass and I can laugh about it now, and so will you when the emotions burn out and attachments break, it's only a matter of time

arcticwolf
04-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Well if you are really interested about her and she is interested about you,you can call her in US.
I do not know if she is coming again on the forum or not.
Till than you could talk online.

Oh yeah, are you trying to teach me how to be suave? I've invented the term! lol

YellowRose
04-18-2013, 11:55 PM
I believe the feeling of love is a very different feeling than any other and for those who have never felt it, will know once it hits them.

IMO, Love means being able to give yourself entirely to one person. Love means giving unselfishly and doing things out of love without expectations.

This is my all time favorite quote and to me it describes perfectly what the definition of what love is

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

BLUEU
04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Being in love? Best and worst feeling in the world.

Baluarte
04-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Feels like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaZzRli53s4

No cheesyness spared.

Permafrost
05-30-2013, 11:58 PM
It can be unpleasant, when the woman you're in love with is a w****...and you naively think you can change something about her...

Baluarte
05-31-2013, 12:21 AM
It can be unpleasant, when the woman you're in love with is a w****...and you naively think you can change something about her...

Wow, you're really Permafrosted :S

Oneeye
05-31-2013, 12:24 AM

People are prone to becoming addicted to someone who is less than ideal... literally. Physical contact releases oxytocin, which creates a "bonding" feeling. A woman going through a divorce, and subsequent "withdrawals" may go to a masseuse to feel better. It's also why a good way to get over a break up is to get laid.

Best find yourself a girl that you don't need to "change."

evon
05-31-2013, 12:27 AM
This song is very descriptive of love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1p_sXflQQ

I think the biggest challenge with love in post-adolescence is to let people love you and to accept and even love yourself, if one does not do this, it will be very difficult to actually initiate a relationship with love..

ABest
05-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Being in love is not only feeling physical attraction, but also caring about another person.

Deeply caring about a person's well-being, while being attracted to them, means you are in love with them imo.