PDA

View Full Version : 2 guys 1 girl, would you have a relationship?

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-03-2012, 12:55 AM
NIPpdEjORas

In this new movie coming out called "Savages", there are two guys dating one girl.. in a 3 way relationship and she is kidnapped and they both love her so much that they together go rescue her.

My question is, do you really think this is acceptable to modern society for relationships like this to occur, and would you do this?

sturmwalkure
07-03-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't like the idea. Ask Mary.

dralos
07-03-2012, 01:08 AM
absolutely not

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-03-2012, 01:11 AM
I don't like the idea. Ask Mary.

yeah, seemed like a Mary thread, which is why I made it haha

Melina
07-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Nope, I don't use men. One man is enough. Plus with more than one person in a relationship there will always be jealousy. One you will always love one more than the other. There is no point in three way relationship.

CelticViking
07-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Sounds too much like Twilight, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries and Lost.Not a new idea for films or tv shows. Coronation street has been doing it for years. Australian shows like Home & Away and Neighbours and New Zealand shows like Shortland Street also have them a lot.

This is called a Love Triangle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_triangle

Might be fun to watch but not to be in that type of relationship as it would be far too stressful and confusing etc.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Maybe there is some push to make this a societal norm now, really true about Twilight.

Monogamous relationships are too normal for Hollywood, time to bring in polygamy >.>

The Lawspeaker
07-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Absolutely out of the question.

Drawing-slim
07-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Sounds too much like Twilight, True Blood or Vampire D

True blood was pretty good serious though:P

As far as this topic, i'would never do that, of course i would never wanna be with two women either. Is there any normal people left on this world i wonder!

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM
okay, I added a poll

The Lawspeaker
07-03-2012, 02:19 AM
I have moved the thread to the Dating & Relationships section.

sturmwalkure
07-03-2012, 02:22 AM
This is really messed up and worrisome if the media is going to begin to promote this. :confused:

Fortis in Arduis
07-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Yes, a ménage à trois (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ménage_à_trois) is perfectly respectable, as distinct from a love triangle or a threesome, so says the Wikipedia entry.

I know one such arrangement which lasted until the poor lady died. They were happy together, but one man lived in the house next door to the other. However, they shared a garden... :)

This arrangement would only become a love triangle if one person was dissatisfied with it.

I have class, and so do my lovers so I think I could manage it fairly well.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-03-2012, 02:33 AM
This is really messed up and worrisome if the media is going to begin to promote this. :confused:

It's next on the liberal agenda for degrading society.. Gay is accepted, next up polygamy

Fortis in Arduis
07-03-2012, 02:56 AM
It's next on the liberal agenda for degrading society.. Gay is accepted, next up polygamy

How disappointingly bourgeois. :rolleyes:

Óttar
07-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Is any other kind of arrangement possible nowadays? It's ridiculous how few single women there are out there. Just today, I had been planning on taking this chick out for a date (she liked me!), and she tells me she just got into a relationship. "Such is the nature of things." is all I could reply.

Bullshit happens like this all the time. :tsk:

Chicks are either fucking off to Timbuktu, studying 20 hours a day for med school, or they just got into a relationship THAT DAY. Without fail!

:tsk:

$200 in an envelope on a bedside table is the only sure thing in this life.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-03-2012, 03:25 AM
they are trying to make you think it's the new norm

Mortimer
07-03-2012, 04:02 AM
dont like the idea;)

Osprey
07-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Only for the French.

iNird
07-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Movie looks like shit, and the answer is no.

:coffee:

arcticwolf
07-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Only for the ladies who like DP! :D
Where is Mary when you need her? ;)

Fortis in Arduis
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Sir William Hamilton (British ambassador to Naples), his wife Emma Hamilton, and her lover, the naval hero Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson, from 1799 until Nelson's death in 1805.

Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire, the Duke of Devonshire, and Lady Elizabeth Foster

Henry Mond, 2nd Baron Melchett his wife, Amy Gwen Wilson, and writer Gilbert Cannan.

In Sweden in 1775, Count Adolf Fredrik Munck af Fulkila had reputedly been hired by king Gustaf III to assist him in the consummation of his marriage with Queen Sophie Magdalena. He was to act as sexual instructor for the couple. His "aid" is alleged to have resulted in the birth of the future King Gustaf IV Adolf in 1778. By further rumors, he was the lover of the king as well as of the queen. These rumors eventually had serious political implications in the end of the House of Holstein-Gottorp's rule in Sweden.

The German intellectual Dorothea von Rodde-Schlözer, her husband Mattheus Rodde and the French philosopher Charles de Villers from 1794 until her husband's death in 1810.

Poet Ezra Pound, his wife Dorothy Shakespear and his mistress, concert violinist Olga Rudge.

Surrealist painters Max Ernst, Paul Éluard and his wife Gala, later Gala Dalí.
The writer Aldous Huxley and his first wife Maria, with Mary Hutchinson a friend of Clive Bell.[1]

The author E. Nesbit lived with her husband Hubert Bland and his mistress Alice Hoatson, raising their children as her own.[2]

William Moulton Marston, creator of Wonder Woman, and his wife Elizabeth Holloway Marston lived with and shared a relationship with Olive Byrne.

Philosophers Friedrich Nietzsche, Paul Rée and their mutual friend Lou Andreas-Salomé lived in an "academic commune" around 1882.

The actress and stage director Edith Craig who lived with and was in a relationship with the dramatist Christabel Marshall and the artist Clare Atwood from 1916 to 1947.

The actress Hattie Jacques lived with her husband John Le Mesurier and her lover John Schofield.[3]

Speculation that, in 1547–8, Queen Catherine Parr, widow of Henry VIII, and her fourth husband Thomas Seymour were involved in a ménage with the future Queen Elizabeth, is probably exaggerated, although there were well attested episodes of sexually charged horseplay involving the three.[4]

Russian and Soviet poet Vladimir Mayakovsky lived with Lilya Brik, who was considered his muse, and her husband Osip Brik, an avant garde writer and critic.

In 1913 the well-known psychoanalyst Carl Jung began a relationship with a young patient, Toni Wolff, which lasted for some decades. Deirdre Bair, in her biography of Carl Jung, describes his wife Emma Jung as bearing up nobly as her husband insisted that Toni Wolff become part of their household, saying that Wolff was "his other wife".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ménage_à_trois

You are all so selfish that it could never work for you.

morski
07-03-2012, 11:05 AM
NIPpdEjORas

In this new movie coming out called "Savages", there are two guys dating one girl.. in a 3 way relationship and she is kidnapped and they both love her so much that they together go rescue her.

My question is, do you really think this is acceptable to modern society for relationships like this to occur, and would you do this?

What are you, now? Mary's apprentice?

Tony
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I could accept it only of the relationship was a merely sexual one.
But of course I cou' never be in a deep emotional relationship with a woman and sharin' her with another man...
hey u mus b kiddin' here...
no way.

Fortis in Arduis
07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I could accept it only of the relationship was a merely sexual one.
But of course I cou' never be in a deep emotional relationship with a woman and sharin' her with another man...
hey u mus b kiddin' here...
no way.

Why not? Why so jelly? I would be happy to add a third. I'm actually going to discuss it. :thumbs up

Kazimiera
07-03-2012, 05:06 PM

No matter what the media says, it is still up to you whether you want to do something. Those ads pushing BMW in your face? Up to you to buy the car. Many people drive BMW without being persuaded by the media. And just because its on TV it doesn't mean everyone wants one. Some people prefer to drive a Merc. Or ride a horse. ;)

Tony
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Why not? Why so jelly? I would be happy to add a third. I'm actually going to discuss it. :thumbs up

I wouldn't like if my fiancee shared intimate relationship, emotional things and even spent too much time with another man.
A thing or a person shared/used by multiple men lose credit to me, it means she's not that precious.

Yes I'm a jelous guy (insert Johnny Lennon+Yoko Ono small animated gif here, if it exists...)

Kazimiera
07-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure that this would be a harmonious union. People are naturally possessive of their partners. Swinging might be a hobby for some, but I doubt a full-time state of affairs. I could be wrong...

Tony
07-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure that this would be a harmonious union. People are naturally possessive of their partners. Swinging might be a hobby for some, but I doubt a full-time state of affairs. I could be wrong...

We, as humans, need face to face, one to one, relationships.

Gospodine
07-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I saw a documentary on this recently.

One triple-couple featured was a man married to twin sisters who were separated at birth and reunited after one sister had been married for 20 years.

They worked out a special arrangement after the husband confessed he was attracted to his wife's twin, lol.

zack
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Damn right I'm selfish. I have no problem admitting i am a jealous person at all and would eventually descend into madness and commit a 'crime of passion'.

Just because you are a cuckold and the rest of us are not don't take it out on us.

arcticwolf
07-03-2012, 05:48 PM
This failing economy will force people to live in communes, sharing everything including partners makes good economic sense. ;) Woman taking care of two guys at the same time saves time, more time to make a living. This may work, now that I think of it! :D

zack
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
This failing economy will force people to live in communes, sharing everything including partners makes good economic sense. ;) Woman taking care of two guys at the same time saves time, more time to make a living. This may work, now that I think of it! :D

Don't get your hopes up.

Tony
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Normal couples no longer work, hod do u expect to work trios and multiuple couples?

Flintlocke
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Outside of friends most of my dealings with other males are conflictorial so how the hell can I allow another man in my woman?

Maybe if he watches from the corner and cries :P

exceeder
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Damn! That girls a straight up pimp! good for her, lol.

Honestly, I don't think I could ever be in a three-way-relationship...I am way too selfish, and couldn't share someone! Two is for me, three is unwanted family.

Nevertheless, if your into it and its all consensual, have at it! What other people do/live their romantic lives doesn't affect me, and if two guys are down to share/be shared, then who gives a frig, go for it!

Sarmatian
07-04-2012, 04:21 AM

Your examples are incorrect as they include one male two females cases which is absolutely different thing.

Sarmatian
07-04-2012, 04:24 AM

One man with a few women is fine.

One woman with a few men is a big :nono:. Its a way to degradation.

arcticwolf
07-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Normal couples no longer work, hod do u expect to work trios and multiuple couples?

It's a brave new world bro, anything goes! :D

Fortis in Arduis
07-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Your examples are incorrect as they include one male two females cases which is absolutely different thing.

Precisely 50% are Male-Male-Female arrangements:

Sir William Hamilton (British ambassador to Naples), his wife Emma Hamilton, and her lover, the naval hero Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson, from 1799 until Nelson's death in 1805.

Henry Mond, 2nd Baron Melchett his wife, Amy Gwen Wilson, and writer Gilbert Cannan.

In Sweden in 1775, Count Adolf Fredrik Munck af Fulkila had reputedly been hired by king Gustaf III to assist him in the consummation of his marriage with Queen Sophie Magdalena. He was to act as sexual instructor for the couple. His "aid" is alleged to have resulted in the birth of the future King Gustaf IV Adolf in 1778. By further rumors, he was the lover of the king as well as of the queen. These rumors eventually had serious political implications in the end of the House of Holstein-Gottorp's rule in Sweden.

The German intellectual Dorothea von Rodde-Schlözer, her husband Mattheus Rodde and the French philosopher Charles de Villers from 1794 until her husband's death in 1810.

Surrealist painters Max Ernst, Paul Éluard and his wife Gala, later Gala Dalí.

Philosophers Friedrich Nietzsche, Paul Rée and their mutual friend Lou Andreas-Salomé lived in an "academic commune" around 1882.

The actress Hattie Jacques lived with her husband John Le Mesurier and her lover John Schofield.

Russian and Soviet poet Vladimir Mayakovsky lived with Lilya Brik, who was considered his muse, and her husband Osip Brik, an avant garde writer and critic.

Linet
07-04-2012, 10:09 AM
If i was one of these men? :laugh:
I would let her die :shakefist:

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
If i was one of these men? :laugh:
I would let her die :shakefist:

me too, especially since it's the Gossip Girl chick she is nothing special imo

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-11-2012, 08:58 PM
So it's clear that with the exception of maybe 3 girls that voted yes, the rest would never do this, so I wonder why the media wants to push this as a cultural norm

Mary
07-11-2012, 09:26 PM
So it's clear that with the exception of maybe 3 girls that voted yes, the rest would never do this, so I wonder why the media wants to push this as a cultural norm

It's an excuse for men to live out their MFM fantasies. No woman is going to watch a movie with two guys shooting Mexican drug dealers. "It's an action movie, it just happens to contain the theme of two guys having the same girlfriend".

It shows that men are becoming more open about this theme.

Magtheridon
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
NIPpdEjORas

Having twice as many guys would mean half as much sex. So it's a huge NO from me.

Incal
07-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Polyamory? Funny thing is, many guys are in this kind of relationship without even knowing :D

Absinthe
07-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Uhm, no. What would be the point?