PDA

View Full Version : Almost bedtime I guess ...

Loki
11-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Dunno why, but haven't felt like sleeping yet. :eek:

Oresai
11-28-2008, 06:21 AM
I`ve been an insomniac since my teens. If anyone ever hits on the remedy, please share.
If I told you the physical and mental side effects chronic lack of sleep has, you`d be scared :D :nono:
Sleep remedies that don`t work....hot milk and honey...reading a boring book...exercise...
Sleep remedies that do work...prescribed sleeping pills (but not recommended long term), watching British politics on tv, plugging the mp3 player in with ambient sound on it.

Loki
11-28-2008, 06:24 AM
I found that TV documentaries about ghosts normally put me to sleep very quickly. There was nothing similar on last night, unfortunately. :(

Revenant
11-28-2008, 06:30 AM
Another nightowl here, seems to be a few of us. Workouts with heavy weights are the best cure for insomnia in my case.

Alison
11-28-2008, 06:31 AM
I feel for you two. WFH is also an insomniac. I was recently on a course of very strong prescription drugs to get rid of a nasty chest infection. I took two anti-inflammatries which were actually steroid based and did an all nighter. It felt awful! Goofed. :D

Oresai
11-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Anyone else ever get that sleepless `high`? You get a second wind, and spend the next day (if you don`t catch up on sleep) drifting through it in a haze of "don`t care what happens, I feel just fiiiinnneee...." :D
Then, of course, at some point in late afternoon, it catches up with you and you do a fair zombie impression....:rolleyes:

Alison
11-28-2008, 06:52 AM
I usually sleep very well, so no, Oresai. I'd hate if it happened on a regular basis. :)

Beorn
11-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I've always slept rather well. The only exception is when I have had too much sleep; then I find my pattern gets disturbed and I get tired often.

Oresai
11-28-2008, 01:46 PM
According to research now (research though, tends to chop and change at the drop of hat) it`s actually healthier to sleep less than eight hours a night, between four and seven being optimum for good health. Averaging out at just four, I should be ok then. :D

Skandi
11-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I believe that the number of hours you need depends on your age, with older people needing less, you'll see by the normal time of my posts that I'm up all night pretty regularly!

Vulpix
11-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Indeed :D!

According to research now (research though, tends to chop and change at the drop of hat)

Haha, I highly doubt that, the reason being that if I sleep less than 8 hours on average for more than a couple of days, I turn into some kind of wreck :tongue!

it`s actually healthier to sleep less than eight hours a night, between four and seven being optimum for good health. Averaging out at just four, I should be ok then. :D

Alison
11-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I definitely need at least 8-9 hours sleep a night. I'm up at the crack of dawn, making lunches for the boys and they have a cooked breakfast every day.

I also insist they wake up early and have a shower or a swim before school, so the earlier the better.

I put in a lot of hours working which is exhausting, so yeah, I need my sleep.

Stormraaf
11-28-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm a frequent insomniac as well, but never after I've been drawing. I can't use it as a remedy though, because I lose track of time and spend 3 to 4 hours on a sketch.

Absinthe
12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Watched 'The Ring 2' last night, could not fall asleep afterwards... :( :p