PDA

View Full Version : New Book: "Rise of the Black Serial Killer"

Smaland
07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.sonsofjapheth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/RISE-BSK-COVERsmall-198x300.jpg

... (author) Justin Cottrell expels the myth that serial killers in America are predominately white. But after sifting through a myriad of newspaper records and books, he’s compiled a list of black murderers that is equal too (sic) or greater than the number of white serial killers from 1860 to present. Few if any have ever heard any of their names or stories, until now.
Another startling thing he uncovered is black serial killers have never represented less than 26.83% of the number of serial killers in a given decade, despite their overall percentage of the population never exceeding 13.1%. This trend has steadily increased to the point that in our current decade they represent 88.24% of the number of serial killers apprehended since 2010, yet only account for 12.6% of the populace.

Entire product description (http://www.sonsofjapheth.com/rise-of-the-black-serial-killer-2/)

Interview of the author:

m7VzNm6PFLY

Starting at approximately the 21:00 mark of the interview, the author gives three reasons why there might be so many black serial killers:

1) the civil rights movement of the 1960's,
2) black street gangs, and
3) gangster rap.

Kazimiera
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't have enough bandwidth to watch the video

Although what I can say is the following.

The motive of a serial killer is psychological and often sexual. There is usually also personal ritual involved in the killing. I don't think that street gangs or the civil rights movement had anything to do with it. Not for black ones or for white ones. They are a certain breed who kill for a specific reason and the psychological profile is the same across the board. They often have the same type of background, enjoy the same things, have the same issues.

There is the handful who have shot to fame (or notoriety) such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Albert Fish and the likes. Then there are the hundreds who kill for the same reasons who are brought to trial and never even mentioned in the papers. Serial killers are not as rare as people would like to think. There are at least 15 active serial killers in operation at any given time in the US.

In South Africa there are at least 4 at any given point in time. Most of them have committed terrible murders which were never released to the public. Most people haven't even heard of them. The only one who shot to fame in about 1994 was the Station Strangler, and he hit the papers because his victims were little boys. Many others have been arrested before and since then.

What I am trying to say here, is that for every one who shoots to fame there are a lot at work under the radar.

The reason why black serial killers are so effective is because of the "stereotype" white male, 25-30 etc. They are often overlooked because nobody is looking for them. Also, if a white person is found butchered in a high class neighbourhood it is going to draw more media attention than a black victim found in the gutter in a bad part of town, because there are often dead black people found in gutters in bad parts of town. Which is why black serial killers usually have higher kill rates than white ones. They are much harder to catch and far more elusive. Many black people look similar, so identification by witnesses can be flawed and difficult. If they are illegal immigrants there will be virtually no paperwork on them. It's hard to catch someone who doesn't exist. Crime in black areas is less likely to be reported, and often more likely to be ignored by the authorities.

A serial killer's motive is not political. Anders Breivik is not a serial killer, he's a spree killer with what appears to be a political motive. The kids who went ballistic at Columbine were also spree killers. Mass murderers and spree killers do not have the sexual motives that serial killers do.

Which leads me to the direct "reasons" behind black serial killers being as a result of the civil rights movement, gangster rap and street gangs, I don't buy it. Serial killers are formed by witnessing and experiencing a combination of physical, sexual and emotional abuse. It takes many years in an unstable home environment to create one. By the time they reach adolescence all the factors are already in place, they just need a bit of time to bloom and hone their skills on real people as opposed to animals, which they usually start off with. Creating a serial killer starts off with the killer being a toddler, from there on he is formed. Nobody wakes up at the age of 18 as a serial killer because of the music he's been listening to.

People living in lower socio-economic classes are more likely to have unstable family lives affected crime, drugs and domestic violence. These are the ideal breeding conditions for creating a serial killer. As most people who are in lower socio-economic groups are black, there is even more reason for there to be more black serial killers than white ones.

Smaland
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
This is almost never discussed in the media, but I believe that American whites are demonized to American blacks. This demonization is done most of all by the Nation of Islam, but also by blacks when speaking to each other, and in a more subtle way by the U.S. media.

This demonization, and the repetition of it, enrages blacks and keeps them angry.

In combination with other influences, this burning hatred can persuade a black man to become a serial killer. This hatred doesn't always tip the scales of course, but I believe that it's an important factor.

Kazimiera
07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
In combination with other influences, this burning hatred can persuade a black man to become a serial killer. This hatred doesn't always tip the scales of course, but I believe that it's an important factor.

It can and I agree with you. But he must have had the inclination to do so before the scales were tipped, which means that he was unstable from the get-go (birth). I think that it is a combination of nature and nurture. What makes a serial killer tip is irrelevant, what he gets up thereafter is.

Contra Mundum
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Almost everyone in America thinks all serial killers are white. The media covers up the fact that blacks make up a disproportionate share of serial killers and unlike other killers, black serial killers target people of other races, primarily white women.

All violent black crime is ignored by the media, should be no different for serial killers.

Kazimiera
07-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Almost everyone in America thinks all serial killers are white. The media covers up the fact that blacks make up a disproportionate share of serial killers and unlike other killers, black serial killers target people of other races, primarily white women.

All violent black crime is ignored by the media, should be no different for serial killers.

I do not understand why the media would cover up black serial killers specifically, unless this an American trend.

The media tries to cover up serial killings as far as is possible because it leads to mass hysteria and witch hunts.

Contra Mundum
07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I do not understand why the media would cover up black serial killers specifically, unless this an American trend.

The media tries to cover up serial killings as far as is possible because it leads to mass hysteria and witch hunts.

That isn't true at all. The media loves to cover serial killers, but only if they are white. They get a great deal of publicity.

The media isn't run by people with any moral standards.

Kazimiera
07-06-2012, 07:06 PM
That isn't true at all. The media loves to cover serial killers, but only if they are white. They get a great deal of publicity.

The media isn't run by people with any moral standards.

I don't live in the US and they cover up serial killings as well as they can. There were only two outstanding cases which I remember well and which were covered by the media.

Yes, the people who run the media don't have moral standards and will do anything to make a quick buck.