PDA

View Full Version : So I just got rejected for being "too short"

Cynewald
07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Apparently she wants someone who she can feel 'protected' by, and only 6ft+ men can do that...?

Woooooooooow. Lamest cop out excuse I've ever heard (well not the first time I heard it). Girls are the most shallow, vile and evil creatures on the planet. Even at age 31 they still act like spoilt little school girls. When I asked her "protected from what?" she had no answer.

BTW I'm 5ft9.7 (177cm) - the same heights as Andrea Pirlo and Lance Armstrong, and she was a mere 165cm.

Baltic_Pagan
07-06-2012, 10:29 PM
There is an expression passed down in my family: Girls are cunts, even your mother.

It's somewhat of a joke and somewhat true.

safinator
07-06-2012, 10:30 PM
That seems an excuse to me...
I'm the same height as you and never had problems because of my height.

Graham
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
5ft9.7 is close to average for a Brit. My Brother is 6ft5 and couldn't punch through a wet paper bag.

Frigga
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Maybe it's something in your persona that is driving women away. Negativity is not especially attractive.

Cynewald
07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Maybe it's something in your persona that is driving women away. Negativity is not especially attractive.

It was a bar scene and I was the most upbeat guy there. Hardy something in my persona. Stop looking for excuses.

Frigga
07-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry, I was only trying to be helpful.

:wave:

Grizzly
07-06-2012, 10:43 PM
It was a bar scene and I was the most upbeat guy there. Hardy something in my persona. Stop looking for excuses.

Well there you go. Stop acting like a pussy and move on..

morski
07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Now I understand what you mean here, but you are starting to worry me with your threads about girls dissing you plus generally sounding a bit misogynistic.

Han Cholo
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't think 1.77 is too low for Britain in general. They have many tall people but I've also seen lots of shorter people in comparision with other Northwestern European groups.

Actor Joseph Dempsie, 1.70:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Joseph_Dempsie.jpg

Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson, 1.68:
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/36353539/Bruce+Dickinson+Bruce.png

Ringo Starr, 1.68:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FBhl-_CIWFY/Tg620_pYMxI/AAAAAAAAABE/2plwma_8p1A/s1600/ringo-starr.jpg

Il Principe
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Your got rejected by a woman, and start a thread to whine about it for an internet audience?

Only that makes you the unmanliest creature on the forum.

Optimus
07-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Now I understand what you mean here, but you are starting to worry me with your threads about girls dissing you plus generally sounding a bit misogynistic.

He sounds more like trolling to me.

Cynewald
07-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Your got rejected by a woman, and start a thread to whine about it for an internet audience?

I don't care if I come across as the most unmanliest on the forum.

I just wanted to know why women think some tall dude is a better 'protector'.
What is the reasoning behind it, even if it's illogical.

And why do women need a protector? It's not like they are in danger 24/7 from rapists and burglars.

Skrondsze
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM
try these

http://www.rustyzipper.com/pics/159800l.jpg

morski
07-06-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't care if I come across as the most unmanliest on the forum.

I just wanted to know why women think some tall dude is a better 'protector'.
What is the reasoning behind it, even if it's illogical.

And why do women need a protector? It's not like they are in danger 24/7 from rapists and burglars.

It's an example of positive sexual selection, mate.

Being tall is not that beneficial, though. If something of value is lying on the ground the shorter guy will get to it faster. Plus, shorter guys usually stand their ground better in a physical altercation:D

Hurrem sultana
07-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Not all tall guys get the good looking girls,,height is postive only if you are already good looking ;)

average guys are doing great

sturmwalkure
07-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Wear stilts. They will love it. Seriously a lot of girls are just nit-picky and weird. I fancy Goebbels if he was alive and he was shorter than me. Height is not a factor. Sorry to hear you've been facing a lot of rejection.

sturmwalkure
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
I seriously would choose a 5' tall man with ripping rhetoric, suaveness, a burning intellect and love for his people than a 6' liberal, junkie who supports amnesty international and talks like he is a Jamaican in the hypothetical situation.

Dacul
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
No use to be upset,try find another woman.

Bobcat Fraser
07-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Do you see what I mean now? Such posts were endless at the other web site. The man makes 5'9 sound like 5'3, so that should tell you something. Yeah, some girls and women are picky about height, but this is ridiculous.

Sikeliot
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
If that woman only judges you on your height, she's not worth it. Chances are she'd find fault in a lot of men for other equally shallow reasons. Don't fret it.

Maddy
07-07-2012, 01:26 AM
That is crap...I'm sorry to hear that : (

You are actually a tiny bit taller than my BF....and height has never mattered to me....I've been attracted to guys shorter than me as well....it's never been about looks but always their soul...

I don't get the whole feeling "protected" part....but the guy I'm seeing always says he wants to "protect" me....

But that's why I carry pepper spray and a pocket knife.....and if that girl wants to feel protected....she should learn to do so on her own....

Maybe try picking up a girl from a rough neighborhood?

arcticwolf
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
You think you have a problem? I'm 187cm, have 17" arms, broad shoulders and 10" dick! Do you know how that feels? Oh nvm! :D

Óttar
07-07-2012, 01:40 AM
...generally sounding a bit misogynistic.
Misogynists are made not born. I see personals where chicks say they want a dude >6', as if they couldn't tolerate being with a guy 5' 9 to 5' 11, as if a guy can help that.

My problem is, I go to social events, and the conversation always degenerates into something stupid like Ghost Busters. I couldn't possibly think of a subject more interesting than sucking face (generally speaking), but Ghost Busters SURE AS HELL isn't such a subject.

Time would be better put to use sucking face and getting down for the crown, rather than blathering on about stupid shows, but that's modern America for you.

Svipdag
07-07-2012, 01:40 AM
I can see that 10" would be rather awkward. I seem to remember having read that the average depth of the human vagina is 8 inches. For the sake of the woman's safety, that would seem to rule out the "missionary position"

"ID FACERE LAVS EST QVOD DECET NON QVOD LICET" - LVCIVS ANNAEVS SENECA

arcticwolf
07-07-2012, 01:41 AM
I can see that 10" would be rather awkward. I seem to remember having read that the average depth of the human vagina is 8 inches. For the sake of the woman's safety, that would seem to rule out the "missionary position"

"ID FACERE LAVS EST QVOD DECET NON QVOD LICET" - LVCIVS ANNAEVS SENECA

:D

Sarmatian
07-07-2012, 04:09 AM

After reading your threads I can say its all about your persona.

When you talking to another person at least 70% of information you passing to them is non-verbal. Its your posture, facial expressions, gestures, voice pitch and all those things you can't control consciously. Women are far more experienced in recognizing and interpreting such signs than men. They can basically see how do you feel inside in reaction to their words or actions. And if you feel lame, pathetic, degraded boy they will see it and say 'ewwww'.

Its easy to fix. Grow some balls, be egocentric, love yourself, stop caring about what others think, say or do. Determined man who knows what he want and ready to just take it by any means (even violence if needed) is the most attractive kind. Most women lose their minds when they feel such a wild animal next to them.

But don't try to act, its pathetic. You should live it, its should be a part of your inner male nature.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-07-2012, 04:25 AM
your lucky she rejected you there because you probably would have hated that bitch in the end anyway

Stefan
07-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Solution:

1. Build a time machine.

2. Go back to the middle-ages.

3. You're well above average male height (≈ 5ft 4in or 164cm) You could be a viking in fact.

:thumbs up

Sikeliot
07-07-2012, 04:33 AM
It's ironic how the episode of one of the old 90s cartoons I watch that was just on, Hey Arnold! involved a character being initially rejected for his height, but then the woman decided to give him a chance and not be so shallow.

Maybe the same will happen to you :)

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-07-2012, 04:35 AM
It's ironic how the episode of one of the old 90s cartoons I watch that was just on, Hey Arnold! involved a character being initially rejected for his height, but then the woman decided to give him a chance and not be so shallow.

Maybe the same will happen to you :)

girls like that don't deserve a second chance, haha if a girl even told me "I was once like that" I would want to dump her for just knowing how she once was TBH because people dont change so quickly

Mortimer
07-07-2012, 05:01 AM
sorry to hear, man.

Sikeliot
07-07-2012, 05:05 AM
girls like that don't deserve a second chance, haha if a girl even told me "I was once like that" I would want to dump her for just knowing how she once was TBH because people dont change so quickly

If someone can't accept someone else for who they are, they don't deserve to be with that person.

Bobcat Fraser
07-07-2012, 05:29 AM
be egocentric, love yourself, stop caring about what others think, say or do.

Do we really need more narcissism in modern society? It's great to be assertive and confident. It's not so great to be self-centered. That very well may be the root of the problem.:confused:

Hess
07-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Apparently she wants someone who she can feel 'protected' by, and only 6ft+ men can do that...?

Protected from what, trees and traffic poles?

People nowadays days have no sense of reason or logic whatsoever.

Sarmatian
07-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Do we really need more narcissism in modern society? It's great to be assertive and confident. It's not so great to be self-centered. That very well may be the root of the problem.:confused:

Since he seems to be in extreme opposite to self-centered he may need to learn the other side in order to find balance.

Fortis in Arduis
07-07-2012, 07:06 AM
If this is Body Dysmorphic Disorder then :yawn: and just move on. She was using an excuse.

Mago
08-01-2012, 10:42 AM

Woooooooooow. Lamest cop out excuse I've ever heard (well not the first time I heard it). Girls are the most shallow, vile and evil creatures on the planet. Even at age 31 they still act like spoilt little school girls. When I asked her "protected from what?" she had no answer.

BTW I'm 5ft9.7 (177cm) - the same heights as Andrea Pirlo and Lance Armstrong, and she was a mere 165cm.

That was an excuse to get out of it. She just wasn't into you.

Anarch
08-01-2012, 11:15 AM

Come on now, you know that's not true *cough*Inquiring Mind*cough*

Cynewald, who cares. Sarmatian's advice is correct. Get some ego (not fake ego, real ego). Be awesome. Don't place a girl at the center of your life, consider them an expendable accessory for the awesomeness of your own life. More importantly, instead of challenging her logic (and by default, appearing as a begger), you should've immediately shot back with 'great, I was beginning to find you boring anyway'.

Absinthe
08-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Get some ego (not fake ego, real ego). Be awesome.

It's a catch22 situation - in order for him to get a real ego, he needs to score first, at least once ;)

Dalton Fury
08-01-2012, 02:24 PM

That was just a lame excuse from her dude.

Anarch
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
It's a catch22 situation - in order for him to get a real ego, he needs to score first, at least once ;)

At least once, of course - but any slut can make that possible. But to get a real ego, all he needs is success. There's no reason this needs to be tied to sexual success - it could be professional success or anything, really. 'Happiness is the feeling of increased power' - Nietzsche.

Ushtari
08-01-2012, 03:08 PM
how tall is teh biatch in question?

Hurrem sultana
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
next time wear high heels :D

Comte Arnau
08-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Honestly, Cynewald, you seem to have a lot of doubts, which is good for a philosopher, but doesn't help much in looking very protective. Prays detect both despair and insecurity, hunters knew it already 50,000 years ago. :)

And anyway, those girls who really put such emphasis on mating towers look quite insecure and not worth it either.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM

I think she just said that because she wasn't attracted to you and she wanted to say it in a way that wouldn't be too hurtful.

On another note though, women in general are so shallow it's unreal, but it's because they have evolutionary selection over males, so they know that they can reject hundreds of males and still get a boyfriend.

Corvus
08-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I feel for you. I always get recected for being too tall and skinny :(

Arthas
08-01-2012, 04:23 PM

I don't know why you're so eager to get in to a relationship and presumably get married. You'll just end up in a shitty (and probably sexless) relationship with no way to get out without losing most of what you own.

Osprey
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think 1.77 is too low for Britain in general. They have many tall people but I've also seen lots of shorter people in comparision with other Northwestern European groups.

Actor Joseph Dempsie, 1.70:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Joseph_Dempsie.jpg

Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson, 1.68:
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/36353539/Bruce+Dickinson+Bruce.png

Ringo Starr, 1.68:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FBhl-_CIWFY/Tg620_pYMxI/AAAAAAAAABE/2plwma_8p1A/s1600/ringo-starr.jpg
don't forget harry potter's cast

Piper
08-02-2012, 05:58 PM
The girl got a lot of negative comments, LOL. In my opinion she shouldn't be judged so harshly. Attraction is attraction, you either feel it or you don't. If your height was off putting for her, than why should she force herself to be in a physical relationship with you, and why would you be so hurt or offended by it?

Get over it and move on. Plenty of girls around.