PDA

View Full Version : What is the Purpose of life?

Ghost Knight
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Give your thoughts..

Zack_Fair
07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Trying to make a purpose for your life. That works for me.

Ghost Knight
07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
My purpose it to live for God

arcticwolf
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
We already have about 5 threads about the same thing. Check the older threads.

shshmuk
07-08-2012, 06:36 PM
We already have about 5 threads about the same thing. Check the older threads.

This one, for example:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22979

Flintlocke
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

ricko0812
07-08-2012, 06:55 PM
our purpose it to reproduce.

arcticwolf
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
[lalal

Breedingvariety
07-08-2012, 07:29 PM
What is the Purpose of life?
The purpose of life is negation of life.

The impetus of life is affirmation of life.

safinator
02-08-2014, 11:34 AM
95% of humanity, the religious folks, don't need to ask the meaning of life, the church,mosque, synagogue tells them..
Some of us though can't swallow religious dogma, because there's no evidence.
Nobody can prove that there life after death, that people are tortured or rewarded after life or that there's invisible spirits running around.

We can reach 2 conclusions.

Life has no meaning or Life has a a thousand meanings.

First, there's a certainty that death and annihilation awaits you and the Earth in general.
It's an astonomical certainty that our sun will supernova and leave the earth a burnt crisp, not to mention all the other extinction level events around the corner.

Second, the million things that give us meaning are the pleasurable experiences we can conjure up during the short period we are here on the earth, in the form of the relationships we have with our surroundings. What i mean by that are the curing disease, ending hunger, improving literacy, reducing crime, preventing war, helping other kinds of things so becoming better humans.

We only have a temporary meaning to life, to reduce pain and increase pleasure, other than that everything is lost to oblivion.

Kastrioti1443
02-08-2014, 11:44 AM
My purpose in life is to not let my people become bi or tri racials and get rid of mongrels.

I am very srz btw.

de Burgh II
06-17-2014, 06:26 AM
One's own purpose in life is by how you choose to define your life is what truly matters in one's life as an individual.

Drawing-slim
06-17-2014, 07:00 AM
The purpose of life is to live in misery and be comfortably numb with it.
That is a life fully lived btw. Anything else is just pathetic, dullness, emptiness, waste. So live it up.