PDA

View Full Version : Federer Reclaims No. 1 Ranking

Dalton Fury
07-09-2012, 11:20 AM
The greatest player of all-time reclaims the top spot in men's tennis, a white dominated sport :thumb001:

VGuD-XmmgSk

Graham
07-09-2012, 11:21 AM
He done well. Was hoping he didn't win yesterday.

Dalton Fury
07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
He done well. Was hoping he didn't win yesterday.

Andy Murray will win some Grand Slams eventually

poiuytrewq0987
07-09-2012, 11:31 AM
http://siusopen.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/novak-djokovic-london-zumapress-610.jpg

Gjokovic will reclaim his #1 place in the Olympics... I have faith. :P

Zmey Gorynych
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
The greatest player of all-time reclaims the top spot in men's tennis, a white dominated sport :thumb001:

A true white man's sport alongside ice hockey and other winter sports.

aimar
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
A true white man's sport alongside ice hockey and other winter sports.

the whitest sport is cycling.
No black cyclist has ever ran in the major tours for over a century, and very few asians

Corvus
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
No black cyclist has ever ran in the major tours for over a century, and very few asians

Yeah but cycling is a sport for underweight men, tennis a sport for real athletes :D

Gospodine
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
You guys do realise Federer is only 75 points ahead of Nole?

He'll slip down soon ;)

Corvus
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM

He'll slip down soon ;)

I think so too. Djokovic is going to be the #1 again soon and he will remain it for a very long period.

Nevertheless it`s a great achievement for Federer to reclaim the position even for a short timebeeing considering his advanced age.

Lena
07-09-2012, 12:18 PM

He'll slip down soon ;)

Points doesn't matter...it's more interesting this way :)

Gospodine
07-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Points doesn't matter...it's more interesting this way :)

Federer is better yes, but Nole's just more... Nole.
I like the emotion.

geyc1GVwzLU

Lena
07-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Federer is better yes, but Nole's just more... Nole.
I like the emotion.

geyc1GVwzLU

Hahaha! Yes, I love that fighting spirit and emotions he carries... :cool:

safinator
07-09-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't know which is worse between Federer,Nadal,Djokovic and Murray

Corvus
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Murray is the worst of these big 4, because he lacks mental stenght

safinator
07-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Murray is the worst of these big 4, because he lacks mental stenght
I'm talking more game wise.
I find them very boring, the only players i watch happily are Berdych and sometimes Gulbis and Dolgopolov.

Gospodine
07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm talking more game wise.
I find them very boring, the only players i watch happily are Berdych and sometimes Gulbis and Dolgopolov.

That's only because those guys don't have to play it as safely as Djokovic or Nadal, given what's at stake for them.

Besides they save their best tennis for when it counts, given the amount of matches the Top 5 play, they can't pull off immortal tennis at every single game, especially if it's for some crappy title like the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships.

If you watch them in qualifying as compared to when they make it to the Semis of a Grand Slam, it's like watching two different players. They slowly increase their intensity.

safinator
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
That's only because those guys don't have to play it as safely as Djokovic or Nadal, given what's at stake for them.

Besides they save their best tennis for when it counts, given the amount of matches the Top 5 play, they can't pull off immortal tennis at every single game, especially if it's for some crappy title like the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships.

If watch them in qualifying as compared to when making to the Semis of a Grand Slam, it's like watching two different players. They slowly increase their intensity.
Still they're boring to watch, at least you know when Berdych and Gulbis are on fire you'll have a spectacular match full of winners.

Zmey Gorynych
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM

You can say that Nadal, Murray and Djokovic are boring (eternal baseliners) but not Federer, he's poetic in the way he plays tennis.

Dalton Fury
07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I think so too. Djokovic is going to be the #1 again soon and he will remain it for a very long period.

Nevertheless it`s a great achievement for Federer to reclaim the position even for a short timebeeing considering his advanced age.

I'm glad for such a classy champ such as Federer but let's be realistic, Novak is the best player in the world. That guy literally chases down everything and is the best returner in all of tennis. Novak will win the U.S. Open again :D

Leliana
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Wrong, whitest sports are Ski Alpine, Ski Nordic and Biathlon.