PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

sturmwalkure
06-16-2009, 03:15 AM
On Anthroforum [where I am no longer active] and Anthroscape I've noticed that in my classification threads for Filip Dewinter, Frank Vanhecke, Jörg Haider, and most recently Bruno Valkeniers there's always at least one person suggesting that they may have North-African, Turkish or East-Asian DNA? Why? Is it because they don't look 'Aryan' with blonde hair, and blue eyes? There is proof [well, very strong speculation] about Geert Wilders East-Asian roots but why must classification threads on right-wing politicians always end up with speculation of non-European heritage? I've seen this here too, with the Haider thread :D but seriously?

I've seen quite a few Flemings as swarthy as Dewinter. Doesn't mean he's North-African, LOL! And Haider's speculated Turkish ancestry. I've seen plenty of Austrians with that 'psuedo-Asiatic' look, doesn't necessarily mean non-European admixture. I guess some people think that if they can 'prove' a right-wing politician has non-European ancestry he/she can disprove them.

SwordoftheVistula
06-16-2009, 08:29 AM
It's a standard of the leftist attack playbook. Nationalists are accused of having nonwhite ancestry, politicians opposed to 'gay marriage' are accused of being homosexual, etc. All Americans have indian ancestry, and we are all part black because humanity originated in Africa.

sturmwalkure
06-16-2009, 03:05 PM
It's a standard of the leftist attack playbook. Nationalists are accused of having nonwhite ancestry, politicians opposed to 'gay marriage' are accused of being homosexual, etc. All Americans have indian ancestry, and we are all part black because humanity originated in Africa.

Lol just saw another good example on Anthroscape;

anything is possible. that's why it's best to keep an open mind rather than being a foully ignorant half-wit who makes agenda driven assumptions all the time.

for all we know these people could be so discontent with having (or resembling people that have) an exotic ethnic element that deep rooted insecurities have caused them to be proactive with their political stance. it really wouldn't be that surprising.

Just lol.... :D

Absinthe
06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Internet classification is taken too seriously, after all it's only a guessing game conducted by amateurs and has no scientific base whatsoever.

I doubt Heider will be turning in his grave over a negative classification thread, if you get my point :p :wink

The best you can get is an educated guess but what cannot tell anything for sure from a picture alone. Not even from cranial measures. Perhaps the only way to determine someone's racial make-up beyond doubt would be a DNA test, but then again it's only a few people that are willing to go to such ends in order to prove their 'whiteness' to a bunch of people on the internet. :p