PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian military postcards from the First Balkan War

Bugarash
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Some are missing but when I find them I'll make sure that they get posted:thumb001:

''Chasing out of Abdi Baba and Fatime Hanam from paradise-Europe''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004518318.jpg

''Freedom to the slave''

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1036/2307/1600/05.jpg

''Tsar Ferdinand's step on turkish soil''

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1036/2307/1600/07.jpg

''5 turks on a knife''-Shish Kebab

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004517883.jpg

Balkan Alliance

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1036/2307/1600/01..2.jpg

''The conqueror of the old turkish capital Odrin/Edirne,and the mosque Sultan Selim on which today the bulgarian flag flows''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004517866.jpg

''Aside the Bosphor,a noise is rising''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004517864.jpg

Bugarash
07-09-2012, 05:16 PM
''Bulgarian military step''

http://images20.snimka.bg/004517882.jpg?r=0

Mother Bulgaria

http://images20.snimka.bg/004517910.jpg?r=0

''Five on a knife''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004518011.jpg

''Shut it,little moon,without the horn you will be prettier''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004518516.jpg

''Relaxing in peace,aside of the Maramara Sea''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004537648.jpg

''Greetings from the Aegian Sea''

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004517869.jpg

Bugarash
07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greece/History/images/BalkanCooperation1912.jpg

http://media.snimka.bg/images/004517741.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1036/2307/1600/06..jpg

http://bnr.bg/sites/radiobulgaria/lifestyle/historyandreligion/PublishingImages/704/12-03-02-33111_1.jpg

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Very interesting, uou! Too bad we couldnt keep what we took from the Ottomans!

Pecheneg
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Pathetic.
Turks don't give a fuck, despite the fact that they defeated&conquered bulgarians and ruled entire bulgaria for more than 500 years. :coffee:
Some losers are trying to demonize their former masters via shitty postcards, this is what i see in these pics.

Archduke
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Pathetic.
Turks don't give a fuck, despite the fact that they defeated&conquered bulgarians and ruled entire bulgaria for more than 500 years.
Some losers are trying to demonize their former masters via shitty postcards, this is what i see in these pics.

So when "turks don't give a fuck" why you reply on the thread? :rolleyes:

Vojnik
07-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Pathetic.
Turks don't give a fuck, despite the fact that they defeated&conquered bulgarians and ruled entire bulgaria for more than 500 years. :coffee:

Oh come on, You can not blame the hatred towards the Ottoman Turks at the time.

You really sense the hatred towards the Ottoman Turks at the time through those postcards. Although, I don't blame them considering all the shit they went through during the Ottoman rule.

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
True although I ve heard Turks talking how tolerant they were in the Ottoman yoke years. I strongly disagree.

Onur
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
True although I ve heard Turks talking how tolerant they were in the Ottoman yoke years. I strongly disagree.
I am not saying that Ottoman empire was "superb" because all empires were more or less oppressive because it`s their nature BUT your very existence today as a bulgarian is a proof of Ottoman empire`s tolerance.

Can you show me a single group of people who lived under foreign regime for 500+ years and kept their language+religion+culture alive? Show me a single proof from another empire like British. What happened to the Scots and Irish? They adopted English language, at least half of them changed their faith. Even playing bagpipe and flute was forbidden by the English authorities because those were the elements of their true former culture.

For example, Bulgars lived under eastern Roman regime for 1/4th time period of Ottoman reign but they changed their religion+language+culture and everything else. But afterwards, you lived under Ottoman regime for 500+ years and only 2-3% of your population changed their religion and no one changed the language or culture, even islamized Pomaks continued to speak Bulgarian.

Linet
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Byzantium.... :coffee:

Vojnik
07-11-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree with Onur. The Turks occupied us for 500 years but still allowed us to preserve our culture, language and religion. Other historical conquests were much more brutal towards the natives they conquered. Plus, they gave us some very nice food :).

I just wish that Greeks treat Macedonians in Northern Greece fairly, by allowing us to express our identity and preserve our language, culture and religion (with no threats and intimidation) as the Ottomans did.

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I am not saying that Ottoman empire was "superb" because all empires were more or less oppressive because it`s their nature BUT your very existence today as a bulgarian is a proof of Ottoman empire`s tolerance.
Can you show me a single group of people who lived under foreign regime for 500+ years and kept their language+religion+culture alive? Show me a single proof from another empire like British. What happened to the Scots and Irish? They adopted English language, at least half of them changed their faith. Even playing bagpipe and flute was forbidden by the English authorities because those were the elements of their true former culture.
The fact the Bulgarians were preserved is due to only one reason: economy. As you know better than me the Christians had to pay bigger taxes and were stripped from a lot of rights unlike the muslim populace. For example in court if a christian was claiming smth and a muslim - the opposite, the judge was obliged to "believe" the muslim. Bulgarians were forbidden to wear certain colours, couldnt wear guns etc. They were "raya" = slaves. Hardly my idea of a tolerant country. Also no Bulgarian could own land etc. The tolerance was connected with the fact that you left Bulgarians doing the agriculture so that the empire could take most of what they produced. The inteligent Bulgarians either moved to Russia or to the west or were killed. The same thing happened to the aristocrasy. In my oppinion the Ottomans "beheaded" most of the Balkan nations. The Bulgarian culture seazed to exist for 5 centuries and it was one of the most developed slavic cultures. After the fall of Bulgaria lots of Bulgarians went to Serbia and Russia and developed and influenced their cultures. The Bulgarian culture was turned into a peasant culture.

For example, Bulgars lived under eastern Roman regime for 1/4th time period of Ottoman reign but they changed their religion+language+culture and everything else.
The change of our religion wasnt due to the Byzantine yoke, but to the decision of our king Boris I, which christened the Bulgarians.
The change of our language wasnt due to the Byzantine yoke, it just formed for couple of centuries within the Bulgarian empire and was a result of the fusion of Bulgars, Slavs and Thracians.
I could agree about the culture, but the Turks had the same big influence on the culture of the Balkans. However I see the Byzantine influence as a positive influence, because it did create an interesting culture, alphabeth, which had its expressions in architecture, books etc. that the Bulgarians created.
The Ottoman influence meant basically the death of Bulgarian "high" culture in a way and turning it into a peasant (still beautiful) culture.

But afterwards, you lived under Ottoman regime for 500+ years and only 2-3% of your population changed their religion and no one changed the language or culture, even islamized Pomaks continued to speak Bulgarian.
Thats because the Turks didnt have economic benefit to turkify the Balkans.

Geminus
07-11-2012, 02:49 PM
For example, Bulgars lived under eastern Roman regime for 1/4th time period of Ottoman reign but they changed their religion+language+culture and everything else. But afterwards, you lived under Ottoman regime for 500+ years and only 2-3% of your population changed their religion and no one changed the language or culture, even islamized Pomaks continued to speak Bulgarian.

You see, this is one of the causes of the downfall of the Ottoman empire. But this is also the cause of the downfall of other multi-national states (like Austria-Hungary)

Incal
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Beautiful postcards. Thank you very much for posting them.

StonyArabia
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Byzantium.... :coffee:

Never going to comeback thankfully.

morski
07-11-2012, 03:44 PM

Another blatant display of utter ignorance from Mr. Ph.D in History... :rolleyes: I'll keep saying this. You are clueless when it comes to Balkan history outside the Ottoman period, period.:D

Onur
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
The fact the Bulgarians were preserved is due to only one reason: economy. As you know better than me the Christians had to pay bigger taxes and were stripped from a lot of rights unlike the muslim populace.

Thats because the Turks didnt have economic benefit to turkify the Balkans.
Whatever the reason was, you have preserved your culture+language+religion for 500+ years.

Bulgarians were forbidden to wear certain colours, couldnt wear guns etc. They were "raya" = slaves. Hardly my idea of a tolerant country. Also no Bulgarian could own land etc. The tolerance was connected with the fact that you left Bulgarians doing the agriculture so that the empire could take most of what they produced.
You are juding a medieval empire with today`s 21st century standards. In the medieval era, it was a norm for people to wear some type of colors and clothing to signify their beliefs and position in the society. It was same for the Europe too. Did you ever see a British peasant wear a knight uniform and walk around in 15th century London?

For the "raya" status, it was same in Europe too. The only ones who were able to own lands was the state, church and few feudal lords. The rest of people was just peasants who works in the farms and had no way to join the upper class. Ottoman "raya" system was much better than European "feudal" system. There was few families in western Europe and they were the only ones who can be knights, lords, barons, baronesses but for the rest, it was impossible. In the Ottoman system, a simple peasant was able to rise up in the ranks, join the state administration as a vizier and be incredibly rich according to their wisdom, warfare skill and political knowledge. This was something impossible in Europe. If you wasnt born in few selected aristocratic, noble families, then you had no way to get away from your peasant life in Europe.

Also, the "raya" system has been abolished in 1839 and a new modern citizenship system has been accepted in 1856, few decades after Europe abolished feudal system;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatt-i_Sharif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatt-%C4%B1_H%C3%BCmayun_of_1856

The Bulgarian culture seazed to exist for 5 centuries and it was one of the most developed slavic cultures. After the fall of Bulgaria lots of Bulgarians went to Serbia and Russia and developed and influenced their cultures.
"Developed slavic culture" my ass!!! If the turks would have preferred, they could destroy your "developed slavic culture" and expel all of you out to the north, in the Hapsurg territories and erase Bulgarian trace from Balkans as early as 14th century. If they would do that, then no one even would remember such a thing as Bulgaria in Balkans today.

You should be happy that you lived in Ottoman reign rather than catholic one at that time because Pope would burn you all alive due to your heretic orthodox faith.

poiuytrewq0987
07-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Actually, the Balkans was 1/3 of total Ottoman revenues. Christian peasants made up a huge part of imperial revenues. The Ottoman Empire literally depended on us for their financial well-being. This, however, had several negative consequences for the Empire.

The Empire's reliance on a burgeoning Christian peasantry for imperial revenues actually slowed the assimilation of Balkan peoples. Ottoman authorities even had to reject Christians who wanted to convert to Islam to avoid higher taxation. This majorly slowed the assimilation of Balkan peoples and meant Ottomanism was doomed from the very start. The failed assimilation of Balkans meant the region was a ticking time bomb for the Ottoman Empire... the idea of nationalism from the West was the spark that lit the bomb.

Another consequence is pretty obvious, the slowed technological development of the Empire. Having a large peasant underclass meant less innovation, less educated people, and fewer technological advancements. The Ottoman Empire became highly reliant on European powers for new technology and innovations. The Empire basically had to outsource and once they had to it basically sealed the fate of the Empire towards a total collapse and it finally collapsed after Turkish war of independence when the Sultanate was abolished.

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
True that you cant view the medievil thimes through 21st century glasses yet as I mentioned obviously the Bulgarians, Greeks, Serbs were not equal to the Turks or the muslim Albanians: you turned our churches into mosques, you forbade building of big churches etc. The christians were slaves, our elites were killed, expelled or islamized. I stand by my words that you "beheaded" the Christian nations and due to this we regressed gravely. Actually there was no development in almost any sphere. Nothing changed for 500 years. The Ottoman empire was the most backward empire in European history.
We would have been much better in any empire. We deffinately would ve been much better in Austro-hungary.

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Actually, the Balkans was 1/3 of total Ottoman revenues. Christian peasants made up a huge part of imperial revenues. The Ottoman Empire literally depended on us for their financial well-being. This, however, had several negative consequences for the Empire.
The Empire's reliance on a burgeoning Christian peasantry for imperial revenues actually slowed the assimilation of Balkan peoples. Ottoman authorities even had to reject Christians who wanted to convert to Islam to avoid higher taxation. This majorly slowed the assimilation of Balkan peoples and meant Ottomanism was doomed from the very start. The failed assimilation of Balkans meant the region was a ticking time bomb for the Ottoman Empire... the idea of nationalism from the West was the spark that lit the bomb.
Another consequence is pretty obvious, the slowed technological development of the Empire. Having a large peasant underclass meant less innovation, less educated people, and fewer technological advancements. The Ottoman Empire became highly reliant on European powers for new technology and innovations. The Empire basically had to outsource and once they had to it basically sealed the fate of the Empire towards a total collapse and it finally collapsed after Turkish war of independence when the Sultanate was abolished.
I agree completely.

Archduke
07-11-2012, 05:53 PM
"Developed slavic culture" my ass!!!

Well, compared to all slavic countries at that time and to your ugly nomadic mongrels, yes it was developed.

If the turks would have preferred, they could destroy your "developed slavic culture" and expel all of you out to the north, in the Hapsurg territories and erase Bulgarian trace from Balkans as early as 14th century. If they would do that, then no one even would remember such a thing as Bulgaria in Balkans today.

Turks do not have that brain capacity to "expel all of us to the north". Also, balkan and anatolian people were the future turks, i.e. how can you imagine the ~100 000 mongoloid turks to fill out all the territory of Bulgaria? Balkan and Anatolian people are the base of the Turkish nation-fact, and they becomed turks violently.
I'll just give you example with Bulgaria. We didn't reserve our original turkic language because we didn't assimilate slavs and other minorities violently, like you did. You have to thanks Bulgarians and other Balkanians for the present look of turks.

You should be happy that you lived in Ottoman reign rather than catholic one at that time because Pope would burn you all alive due to your heretic orthodox faith.

As i said, turks have to thanks us and other balkanians that we were in their empire.

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Pathetic.
Turks don't give a fuck, despite the fact that they defeated&conquered bulgarians and ruled entire bulgaria for more than 500 years.:coffee:

You mean 450 years under turkish occupation...

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Bulgars didint change their religion while they were under the romans...they adopted it while having their own state!

Turks tried to assimilate us but they couldnt.
Their culture was much more primitive than the one of the balkan nations.

Thats why the turks adopted many things from us and not the other way around.

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree with Onur. The Turks occupied us for 500 years but still allowed us to preserve our culture, language and religion. Other historical conquests were much more brutal towards the natives they conquered. Plus, they gave us some very nice food :).

I just wish that Greeks treat Macedonians in Northern Greece fairly, by allowing us to express our identity and preserve our language, culture and religion (with no threats and intimidation) as the Ottomans did.

Those natives were primitive tribes that were occupied by developed european superpowers.

They were inferior to the western culture,while the Ottomans were inferior to the people they conquered.

Anatolian Eagle
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Too bad, all of these gone waste in Second Balkan War when Bulgaria got attacked by their neighbours because they "achieved more land" than others. :coffee:

Pecheneg
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Turks do not have that brain capacity to "expel all of us to the north". Also, balkan and anatolian people were the future turks, i.e. how can you imagine the ~100 000 mongoloid turks to fill out all the territory of Bulgaria? Balkan and Anatolian people are the base of the Turkish nation-fact, and they becomed turks violently.
I'll just give you example with Bulgaria. We didn't reserve our original turkic language because we didn't assimilate slavs and other minorities violently, like you did. You have to thanks Bulgarians and other Balkanians for the present look of turks. 100.000 Mongoloid Turks hah?
According to you, Turkic Bulgar conquerors of today's bulgaria were pure caucasoids, while Seljuk Turks were pure mongoloids? so whats with all this hypocrisy? They were both Turkic?
Volga Tatars have same mongoloid admix as our closest relatives,(Turkmens=15% mongoloids) in central asia. And today, anatolian Turks are %7 mongoloid, while bulgarians are 0%.
Does it ring any bell to you?

Btw kid, millions of Oghuz Turks moved from khorasan to anatolia, not 100.000. There were 3.5 million Turkoman nomads in 16th-17th centuries according to Ottoman archival data.(sedentary Turks not included) So stop being jealous as fuck.

You mean 450 years under turkish occupation...

actually, it was 545 years.

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 08:17 PM
actually, it was 545 years.

1422-1878

456!

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Some more:D

''Through Cataldza to Tsarigrad/Constantinople''

http://anamnesis.info/cartoons/Balkan_wars_Bulgarian_cartoon.jpg

''Liberation of Kardzhali''

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/bg/f/f7/Balkanska_voyna_Kardzhali.jpg

Pecheneg
07-11-2012, 08:24 PM
1422-1878

456!

Turks conquered bulgaria in 1376.

whatever, if the number "456" makes you happy, so be it.

Bulgarians are so exhilarated because they gained some lands in 20th century, while Turks are humble even though they conquered and ruled bulgaria for half a milennia.
and bulgaria was just one of the countries that we conquered&ruled for centuries.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2znpao4.jpg

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Bulgarians are so exhilarated because they gained some lands in 20th century, while Turks are humble even though they conquered and ruled bulgaria for half a milennia.
and bulgaria was just one of the countries that we conquered&ruled for centuries.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2znpao4.jpg

''A slave till yesterday and now we are at the gates of Constantinople''

Thats one of the main reasons why the first balkan war is so important.

If it wasnt for the western powers we would have destroyed the ottomans forever,we would have sent you in the history books!

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Bulgarian soldier giving water to a wounded turkish soldier

http://media.snimka.bg/3702/013660257-big.jpg

Pecheneg
07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
If it wasnt for the western powers we would have destroyed the ottomans forever,we would have sent you in the history books!
sure, sure... :coffee:

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
sure, sure... :coffee:

You were saved twice from the western powers!

Once when the russian troops were approaching Constantinople in 1878.
Another time when bulgarian troops were at Cataldza!
in that time even Russia was threatening us that we shouldnt takeover the city because it might attack us!

If the balkan states knew better they could have all sent their armies toward the city,that would have been the end of the ottoman empire!

Pecheneg
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
i'm just so sick of blind nationalists like you. " we would/could/should bla bla bla..."
http://i47.tinypic.com/2hyufwz.jpg
no need to argue anymore.

Archduke
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
100.000 Mongoloid Turks hah?
According to you, Turkic Bulgar conquerors of today's bulgaria were pure caucasoids, while Seljuk Turks were pure mongoloids? so whats with all this hypocrisy? They were both Turkic?
Volga Tatars have same mongoloid admix as our closest relatives,(Turkmens=15% mongoloids) in central asia. And today, anatolian Turks are %7 mongoloid, while bulgarians are 0%.
Does it ring any bell to you?

Btw kid, millions of Oghuz Turks moved from khorasan to anatolia, not 100.000. There were 3.5 million Turkoman nomads in 16th-17th centuries according to Ottoman archival data.(sedentary Turks not included) So stop being jealous as fuck.

Where did i said that turkic bulgars were caucasoid, kid? :mmmm::lol00002:

As i said before, volga tatars were in the golden horde, so it's normal for them to have mongoloid features.

Pecheneg
07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Where did i said that turkic bulgars were caucasoid, kid? :mmmm::lol00002:

As i said before, volga tatars were in the golden horde, so it's normal for them to have mongoloid features.
their mongoloid admix have nothing to with Golden Horde.
central asian Turkmens were also in the Mongol Empire, but it doesn't mean they took their 15% mongoloid genes from Mongols.
In fact 3/4 of the Mongol armies were comprised of Turkic warriors. (Mainly Kypchaks and Karluks)

Bugarash
07-11-2012, 09:02 PM
i'm just so sick of blind nationalists like you. " we would/could/should bla bla bla..."
http://i47.tinypic.com/2hyufwz.jpg

http://hooligans.bg/gallery/albums/userpics/4014_5.jpg

Archduke
07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
their mongoloid admix have nothing to with Golden Horde.
central asian Turkmens were also in the Mongol Empire, but it doesn't mean they took their 15% mongoloid genes from Mongols.
In fact 3/4 of the Mongol armies were comprised of Turkic warriors. (Mainly Kypchaks and Karluks)

:rolleyes:

Anyway, Turkmens and Tatars are two different ethnicities, so you can't compare them, also historians say that at that khan Timur killed 2/3 of the population of the Bulgarian capital and then they settled Tatars, who were mongoloid.

Wildland
07-11-2012, 09:27 PM

Still no excuse. Specially as they are non European only revenge should await some time, although not in their violent form, but total isolation from Macedonia and rest of Europe for the 500 years of terrorism they inflicted on our lands.

Not to forget that they made Macedonia stay undeveloped for 500 years.
Look at the ex communists east only 50-80 years of Jewish communism made those nations almost look like third world. And they still struggle to regain their intellect back.

Now the Zionist Jews are destroying West, so we are constantly under attack from lower people that wants us no good.

poiuytrewq0987
07-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Still no excuse. Specially as they are non European only revenge should await some time, although not in their violent form, but total isolation from Macedonia and rest of Europe for the 500 years of terrorism they inflicted on our lands.

Not to forget that they made Macedonia stay undeveloped for 500 years.
Look at the ex communists east only 50-80 years of Jewish communism made those nations almost look like third world. And they still struggle to regain their intellect back.

Now the Zionist Jews are destroying West, so we are constantly under attack from lower people that wants us no good.

It's pointless to blame Turks what their Sultans did a long time ago. Turks are cool, and they keep fascist Greeks in check. :thumbs up

Linet
07-12-2012, 08:24 AM
It's pointless to blame Turks what their Sultans did a long time ago. Turks are cool, and they keep fascist Greeks in check. :thumbs up

Decency :icon_ask:?
...Not here... :noidea:

Pecheneg
07-12-2012, 05:30 PM
:rolleyes:

Anyway, Turkmens and Tatars are two different ethnicities, so you can't compare them, also historians say that at that khan Timur killed 2/3 of the population of the Bulgarian capital and then they settled Tatars, who were mongoloid.

Western Turkic nations have always been partly mongoloid. As i said before, their mongoloid admixture have nothing to with Mongols or Timurids.
Turkmens were geographically much more closer to Timurid and Mongol empires/capitals at that time. But they are still only 15% mongoloid.

Some western Turkic nations and their mongoloid admixtures.
Azerbaijan (s.caucasus) ~7%
Karachay (n.caucasus) ~7%
Kumyk (n.caucasus) ~8%
Turks (anatolia) ~7%
Balkars (n.caucasus) ~8%
Crimean Tatars 10-15%
Kazan Tatars (volga) ~15%
Turkmens (sw central asia) ~15%

Azerbaijanis, Turks and Turkmens are Oghuz Turkic, while Karachays, Balkars, Crimean Tatars, Kazan Tatars, Kumyks are Kypchak Turkic.

Nogais are the probably most mongoloid western Turkic nation, but i've no idea about their mongoloid percentage.

with bugarash.

Bugarash
07-19-2012, 10:29 AM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5224/5624306363_0a9bff9d22_z.jpg

Bugarash 1893
10-11-2012, 05:20 AM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390780_2785500368287_508217800_n.jpg