PDA

View Full Version : Game: English Regional Word Identification

Beorn
06-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Wordly Wise

See if you know your Geordie from your Cockney with our fantastic word game!Here's (http://www.bbc.co.uk/suffolk/voices2005/voices_game_feature.shtml) the link to play the game. I didn't do very well, but then again those weirdos up north and to the east are not what I would call the finest examples of English language. ;)

On a different note, did you notice that the questions were posed to you by an Asian or a halfbreed; an Asian woman of some sort and your typical white haired woman(??) but not your average, run of the mill white Englishman. :rolleyes:

Good old Bullshit Blaggard Corporation

EDIT: I got 6/10

Treffie
06-17-2009, 08:33 AM
On a different note, did you notice that the questions were posed to you by an Asian or a halfbreed; an Asian woman of some sort and your typical white haired woman(??) but not your average, run of the mill white Englishman. :rolleyes:

Good old Bullshit Blaggard Corporation

Yes, I did notice and it f***ing pisses me off! I wonder how many immigrants speak with these local dialects? It's like the kids programme Newsround. :mad:

Btw, I had 4/10. :rolleyes:

Vargtand
06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
6, silly game:P

Lahtari
06-17-2009, 01:52 PM
6 here too, even if that was waaaay too advanced for my English vocabulary. :P :confused:

Äike
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
5/10, that was quite complicated for a person who doesn't speak English as a native language.