PDA

View Full Version : Goedenavond

Kempenzoon
06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Or in English: Good evening.

I'm Kempenzoon, which translated in English to Son of the Campine (Wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campine)).

I found this forum because a friend mentioned it to me on Last.fm. I don't know what her username here is though, since her Last.fm username didn't work in the referrer field.

A bit about me:

- I'm in my mid twenties.

- I got a higher education degree (with distinctions), but couldn't find a job thanks to the current state of the Jew-dominated economy and the 'positive' discrimination in modern companies which results in white men being the last to be hired.

- Nowadays I work as a blue collar laborer in a supermarket. The lowest of the lowest. But while I still hope to get a thinking job sometime soon, I'm proud that I'm at least working. I strongly believe that wellfare is only acceptable for short periods of time, and anyone using it long-term is scum.

- My main interests are living history, re-enactment, brewing my own mead, exploring the forest and learning about the history and cultures of my European brothers and sisters. As soon as I'll have more spare time (I'm currently working 50 hours a week), I plan to learn HEMA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEMA) as well.

- I'm mostly into metal music, but I also like industrial, folk, RaC, and any kind of fusion between these genres. My favourite bands are Brigade M, Saga, Lion's Pride, Natan and Heimat.

- I'm a heathen. I follow Flemish heathenism, which resembles Asatru for a big part, but with a strong focus on our local traditions. I don't usually use the term Asatru to refer to myself because I'm not Scandinavian.

- I lived in Finland for about half a year, and while I fell in love with the far North, my blood still beckons me to return to the Campine whenever I leave for a long period.

- Outside of that time in Finland and one semester in another university, I spent all my life in the Campine. So did my parents, my grandparents, and my grandparents' parents.

- So while I'm a Flemish Nationalist, I also have a strong focus on my own region. I'm proud of living out in the country, and don't like city-folk much, even though I visit cities pretty regularly when I need specific things.

I think that's about everything there is to say about me.

I also used to visit the Stirpes and Skadi forums in the past. But I change my nicknames so often I don't remember what I was named back there.

Hail
Kempenzoon

Beorn
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Hello Kempenzoon. Welcome to the Apricity. :)

Tabiti
06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Welcome!

Aemma
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh what an absolutely splendid introduction and a hearty welcome to you, Kempnzoon! :) I'm very glad that you have found us. I think I know who this friend of yours might be too, eh E.? ;) It's nice to see a heathen Fleming too! I don't know much about how you practise your heathenry but I'm looking forward to learning about it. :)

Well do make yourself at home, poke around and join in! Oh and have fun!

Cheers for now!...Aemma

The Lawspeaker
06-17-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.toerismevlaanderen.nl/tvl/download/nl/41583913/hoofdimage/scaletomax-480-20000-BOTH/fietsen_antwerpse_kempen.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Hoge_Kempen_028.jpg

Welkom aan boord, vriend :)

This is what people can expect to find in the Campines (de Kempen). One of the more beautiful parts of our presently divided Netherlands.
It is a place (like more rural areas in our South and East) were local traditions and crafts are still being nurtured.

http://www.zwaluwnest.eu/images/placespics/DSC02053.JPG

A particularly interesting place (even more so because one never had to show a passport- even before 1993) is the abbey of Achel. Or the Achelse Kluis as it is called. :) They still produce their own beer (and I think chocolate as well).

Kempenzoon
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for those pictures, Lawspeaker. I wish I had more pictures myself.

I've been considering buying a decent camera to use when I'm around nature, but I got so many things on my mind already that I probably won't be able to give photography enough attention to make it worthwhile.

Loyalist
06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Hallo en welkom! :)

sturmwalkure
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
@ Kempenzoon: Welcome! :D I'm so happy you finally joined us here. I hope you find The Apricity as valuable as I have. :)

@ Aemma: ;)

Kempenzoon
06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
A particularly interesting place (even more so because one never had to show a passport- even before 1993) is the abbey of Achel. Or the Achelse Kluis as it is called. :) They still produce their own beer (and I think chocolate as well).

There's a few places in the Campine which still have traditional breweries, but the Achelse Trappist is definitely among the best. Westmalle is another trappist beer that's brew in this region, and also has a great taste and quality.

I'm planning this summer on visiting all 7 trappist breweries (3 Flemish, 3 Walloon, 1 Dutch) if I can find the time.

Äike
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Welcome to The Apricity!

The Lawspeaker
06-17-2009, 05:49 PM
There's a few places in the Campine which still have traditional breweries, but the Achelse Trappist is definitely among the best. Westmalle is another trappist beer that's brew in this region, and also has a great taste and quality.

I'm planning this summer on visiting all 7 trappist breweries (3 Flemish, 3 Walloon, 1 Dutch) if I can find the time.
Interesting. I am having a Westmalle (a Dubbel) as we speak. This year I'll be visiting Norway so I will enjoy some of that traditional stuff they brew there. But the reputation of the Southern Netherlands when it comes to traditional breweries and beer in general cannot be disputed.
Which breweries will you be visiting ?

Atlas
06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Loki
06-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Welkom vriend van de laaglande :)

Kempenzoon
06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Interesting. I am having a Westmalle (a Dubbel) as we speak. This year I'll be visiting Norway so I will enjoy some of that traditional stuff they brew there. But the reputation of the Southern Netherlands when it comes to traditional breweries and beer in general cannot be disputed.
Which breweries will you be visiting ?

There are only 7 breweries in the world which are allowed to use the Trappist label. I hope to visit all 7. Probably one per weekend, though I could do Achel and Westmalle together.

These are: Chimay (Hainaut), Orval (Belgian Luxembourg), Rochefort (Namur), Westmalle (Campine/Antwerp), Achel (Campine/Limburg), Westvleteren (West-Flanders), De Koningshoeven (North Brabant, near Tilburg)

Of course, these plans aren't carved in stone yet, so it all depends on how much time I'll have available.

Psychonaut
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Welkom! :wave:

Do stop by the Heathenry Portal (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90) and jump into some of the discussions. I, for one, would love to get a Flemish perspective on some of the issues up for discussion. :)

Vulpix
06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Welcome :wave!

Heimmacht
06-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Welkom op TA :).

Lady L
06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Hello and Welcome :wave

Thorum
06-18-2009, 12:49 PM
A hearty welcome friend and comrade!! :)

Groenewolf
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Welcome aboard.

Smaland
06-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Welcome to TA! :)