PDA

View Full Version : Would you date a geek or a nerd?

Incel King
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
If there's thread about dating fat guys, why shouldn't be about geeks? So I want to hear your opinion.

PetiteParisienne
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes! Nerds are the best. I always dated nerds, and eventually married one. :p

noricum
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Absolutely YES! Things are likely going much easier when you have something in common.

Edit:
I've overlooked respecively misinterpreted the thread title in a way that I thought that the question is like: Would you date nerdish girls? Sorry for that.

Lumi
07-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Would I date one? I am a nerd! xD
But I am dating a nerd, yes :p

Han Cholo
07-14-2012, 01:06 AM
What is a nerd? I don't think I could really marry a girl who collects anime magazines, does cosplays, plays online games all day.

Never mind... the question was for females.

Stefan
07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
What is a nerd? I don't think I could really marry a girl who collects anime magazines, does cosplays, plays online games all day.

Never mind... the question was for females.

I think they're called weaboos. :P

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/333/8/3/Weaboos_by_TheRamenNoodles.jpg

Frigga
07-14-2012, 02:07 AM
And I also married one. :wink

Contra Mundum
07-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Nerds make more money, so of course women would date them.

http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bill_gates10.jpg

Midori
07-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes. I doubt we'd have much in common though.

Absinthe
07-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Sure, I've dated super-geeks in the past.

CelticViking
07-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Only if they play video games with me haha.

carol
07-31-2012, 03:03 AM
I absolutely love geeks. Especially science/math/computer or engineer types! Or a scholarly professor at a college. I love to listen to a geek talking about some passionate interest. A match made in heaven for us both.

Mago
07-31-2012, 10:25 AM
geeks will inherit the earth, of course they would so that they repopulate the earth with trekkies.

Osprey
07-31-2012, 11:32 AM
And I also married one. :wink

Sean Connery looks like a nerd :lmao:

Behemot
07-31-2012, 11:34 AM
:love::love::love::love:

Osprey
07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Generally, the more intelligent the girl is, the more likely she is to date a nerd.

Dilberth
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Most girls actually won't date nerds in real life.The nerds probably voted themselves yes in this poll.

carol
07-31-2012, 01:43 PM
geeks will inherit the earth, of course they would so that they repopulate the earth with trekkies.

"Live long and prosper and remember, vulcans never bluff"
:cool:

Partizan
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Nerds are the best! ;) Those ladies do the right choice :p

PetiteParisienne
07-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Generally, the more intelligent the girl is, the more likely she is to date a nerd.

:thumb001:

Sultan Suleiman
07-31-2012, 01:51 PM
This shit never happens IRL :D

Han Cholo
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
I think most girls would want to date a "nerd" also cheat with a meat-headed musclebag with more virility and sexual power while he's away.

PetiteParisienne
07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
I think most girls would want to date a "nerd" also cheat with a meat-headed musclebag with more virility and sexual power while he's away.

Ew. No way.

Siberian Cold Breeze
07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
................ technical ...... social
title ............ skills ......... skills
---------- ---------------- ------------
normie ......... no ............. yes
geek ........... yes ............. yes
nerd ............ yes ............. no
dork ............ no .............. no

geeks/nerds are cool :cool:

Pallantides
07-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I do not like to label myself, but I have many interests that could fall within the "geek/nerd" spectrum.

Osprey
07-31-2012, 02:04 PM

There is a difference between "lovemaking" and "fucking"
Fucking is liked by those who have taken in so many dicks that they are now insensitive to anything but the monster;)
Lovemaking is liked by princesses who liked to ravished by a prince, slowly and steadily :D

Osprey
07-31-2012, 02:06 PM

That's because most nerds are not man enough to ask the lady out.
If they would try, they would succeed.
(Unless of course, they are asking a gold digger, size queen or any other typw of slut out)

Apina
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
No, sorry.

Osprey
07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
No, sorry.

you are a girl or a guy :crazy:

Pallantides
07-31-2012, 02:14 PM

It does, just hang in there bro.:)

Apina
07-31-2012, 02:15 PM
you are a girl or a guy :crazy:
I wouldn't date a girl or a guy geek. It doesn't really matter, same concept.

Osprey
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't date a girl or a guy geek. It doesn't really matter, same concept.

you are gay? :embarrassed

Loki
07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Nerdy girls usually have cute feet ... and that's what really counts in the end.

Apina
07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
you are gay? :embarrassed
No, but if I was I wouldnt date a guy or girl who was a geek. Just not a attractive trait to me. Nothing wrong with being gay though :thumbs up

Piper
07-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Intelligent, cultured, original guys =/= nerds.

True nerds, in my view, are smart but also with terrible social skills and full of themselves. Most of the ones I've met and considered nerds also dressed bad and had a poor personal hygiene. Especially math nuts. So yeah, I voted "no":thumb001:

carol
07-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Most girls actually won't date nerds in real life.The nerds probably voted themselves yes in this poll.
Oh yes I would, geeks and nerds rule the world. Who invents everything that has ever improved humanity? Thinkers. Not only are they interesting to talk to, and often very kind, they are usually funny and honest too if you get to know them. It is pretty good to watch the eyes glow when a geek/nerd comes up with a great idea too. Smart is attractive.
A woman has to let one know that she is interested though, because subtle behavior may not work, they are too busy thinking to notice, or sometimes too shy. So, I would try to make sure that he likes me first, by watching him for a while, and then suggest a coffee together.
However, there are some types of geek/nerds who I would not be interested in, the ones who are not adjusted well or a bit out of touch with reality, this is a different sort than I mean. I do not mean arrogant, out of touch man who games all day in the parent's basement.
I define geek/nerd as a well educated, highly intelligent, employed man who is a bit socially awkward, shy, has little fashion sense and is preoccupied with his job and interests. He may not be completely aware of social cues, because he tends to be left brained. Math/science/computer/engineer/ or academic, college trained man.
:thumbs up Good boyfriend and husband for someone like me, and he would appreciate what I have to offer him as well = Happy couple.

carol
07-31-2012, 02:41 PM

That is just ugly. Nice people don't cheat.

Osprey
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
A girl like Carol is a feast to any man :)

Sultan Suleiman
07-31-2012, 02:45 PM
It does, just hang in there bro.:)

I will save my self for you :wink

carol
07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
A girl like Carol is a feast to any man :)

You are so kind!:)

Leliana
07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
I think so, I'm a bit of a geek by myself with all of my meme- and memegenerator addictions! :lol00001:

Dilberth
07-31-2012, 09:34 PM
I define geek/nerd as a well educated, highly intelligent, employed man who is a bit socially awkward, shy, has little fashion sense and is preoccupied with his job and interests. He may not be completely aware of social cues, because he tends to be left brained. Math/science/computer/engineer/ or academic, college trained man.
:thumbs up Good boyfriend and husband for someone like me, and he would appreciate what I have to offer him as well = Happy couple.

I believe it's a wrong definition.This one seems more accurate:

True nerds, in my view, are smart but also with terrible social skills and full of themselves. Most of the ones I've met and considered nerds also dressed bad and had a poor personal hygiene. Especially math nuts. So yeah, I voted "no":thumb001:

Intelligent, cultured, original guys =/= nerds.

carol
08-01-2012, 12:58 AM
I believe it's a wrong definition.This one seems more accurate:

Well, I think the definition for nerd would vary between countries, and states, and even within townships here in the US, it is a recently invented word. But, you have every right to disagree with the definition.
I agree, that a bad attitude is a deal breaker for me, but clothing and hygiene issues?
Come on, any smart woman can resolve these small issues with her guy, and make both of us very happy at the same time.

Sultan Suleiman
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
I think so, I'm a bit of a geek by myself with all of my meme- and memegenerator addictions! :lol00001:

I might actually go for you :)

Paluga
08-01-2012, 01:07 AM
In reallife girls never date geeks,you can talk about it online as much as you want but that's a fact. Either they have no girlfriend in their whole life or they get the fat and ugly ones.

MarkyMark
08-01-2012, 01:08 AM
People think I'm a geek because I wear glasses, but I'm actually not that shy. I just don't talk during class, but out of class I'm pretty normal. The guys that I'm friends generally never mess with me because they know I can fight and I'm kind of tall compared to them.I don't know exactly what girls think, but I'm only shy around one girl. I've been told by some girls I'm obnoxious racist and I take things too far, others say funny, but I assume most think quiet.

Edit: Don't know why that quoted.

Talvi
08-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Does that include playing computer games for hours every day? And sometimes missing out on appointments and such, even playing games when travelling? (current bf)

I wouldnt go there again if this relationship ended.

Absinthe
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I've dated at least one "proper" nerd in every sense of the word, and it lasted for 1,5 year (approximately). The first months were fun, but in the end his lack of social interest his introversion got in the way of our relationship.

He was a bookworm and a computer nerd, had very few friends (with which he spoke only online as he rarely got of the house) and he was a virgin at 26 years old when I met him :D

He was not good looking either, in fact he was very nerdy looking. Thick eye glasses and all :D :nerd: I fell in love with his mind and knowledge about certain subjects, let's say in my younger years I've been a "brainiac groupie" of some sort :p I dumped another man who was extremely good looking, extroverted (perhaps a little too much for his own good), sociable, popular, and worked as a dj, because I was exhausted by his superficiality. So I hooked up with the nerd who was never going out of the house :p

The sex was pretty good also (since I taught him myself :D) but it became a huge conflict of interests that I wanted to go out more, meet with friends, go on vacations, etc, and he was too bored and introverted to do any of that.

Other than that, I've dated quite a few nerdy men who have some nerdy qualities, let's say, but aren't entirely nerds or have some other aspects in their personalities that didn't match with nerdism, such as an interest to sports, or a social life, etc.

All in all I am always drawn to intelligent men so my partner is bound to be nerdy somehow, if not a total nerd, then at least possess some nerd qualities. ;)

carol
08-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Does that include playing computer games for hours every day? And sometimes missing out on appointments and such, even playing games when travelling? (current bf)

I wouldnt go there again if this relationship ended.

If gaming interferes with real life to this point,that he is unable to function in society ask him to see a doctor, and test for OCD-obsessive compulsive disorder,easily treatable with medication-look up OCD. It wouldn't be his fault, he may simply be obsessive.

Talvi
08-01-2012, 03:02 PM
If gaming interferes with real life to this point,that he is unable to function in society ask him to see a doctor, and test for OCD-obsessive compulsive disorder,easily treatable with medication-look up OCD. It wouldn't be his fault, he may simply be obsessive.

He functions fine. Just sometimes gaming seems to be more important than a lot of things. And sometimes he stays up all night playing games and then sleeps all day and etc.

carol
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
He functions fine. Just sometimes gaming seems to be more important than a lot of things. And sometimes he stays up all night playing games and then sleeps all day and etc.

It still seems a little obsessive to me :) But I know lots of men who spend all their time gaming . I hope it improves for you and he spends some time with you! Sounds a bit lonely if that is all he does. Drag him out to go somewhere in the sunlight!

Talvi
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
It still seems a little obsessive to me :) But I know lots of men who spend all their time gaming . I hope it improves for you and he spends some time with you! Sounds a bit lonely if that is all he does. Drag him out to go somewhere in the sunlight!

Nop. He loves socializing and meeting new people. When he is around people its hard to make him stop talking.

Incel King
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I consider myself as antisocial weirdo rather than real geek/nerd, because I have very low social skills and when I'm surrounded with people I don't talk and can't socialize myself. Besides I never go out and most of my leisure time spend on computer, studying, sports, walking and all these things do alone. Few girls wanted me, but I refused them, one of them because have partially non-European ancestry and others not because they're ugly or unattractive, but because I wasn't fell in love with them.

carol
08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I consider myself as antisocial weirdo rather than real geek/nerd, because I have very low social skills and when I'm surrounded with people I don't talk and can't socialize myself. Besides I never go out and most of my leisure time spend on computer, studying, sports, walking and all these things do alone. Few girls wanted me, but I refused them, one of them because have partially non-European ancestry and others not because they're ugly or unattractive, but because I wasn't fell in love with them.

I hope you find happiness and love.:)

Arthas
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM

You are the Bosnian-Serb version of me! (Except no girl has ever wanted me)

I don't have much of a problem talking with people, but I just prefer to be alone.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
It's funny how people here view "nerds" as being wealthy. The average nerd isn't like this. In fact, extroverts are generally wealthier than introverts. Social skills play a huge role in employability. Not to mention the fact that extroverts have many more friends than introverts, which gives them many more contacts who can help them find a good job.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 09:53 PM

You've hit the nail on the head. Women are instinctively more attracted to this type of man, it doesn't matter how much they deny it, it's a fact. Most women, if presented with the opportunity (and safe in the knowledge that they wouldn't get caught), wouldn't even think twice before cheating on a nerdy/socially awkward/beta husband or boyfriend with a confident/extroverted/attractive/alpha guy.

Dilberth
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
It's funny how people here view "nerds" as being wealthy. The average nerd isn't like this. In fact, extroverts are generally wealthier than introverts. Social skills play a huge role in employability. Not to mention the facts that extroverts have many more friends than introverts, which gives them many more contacts who can help them find a good job.

Introvert dosent equal nerd.Nerds can be extroverts too,it's not about that.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Introvert dosent equal nerd.Nerds can be extroverts too,it's not about that.

It's pretty obvious that when people say "nerd", they don't mean a confident, extroverted guy who plays video games a few hours a day. They mean a shy, awkward, introverted guy who spends the vast majority of his free time alone.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think of when I hear the word "nerd".

Dilberth
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
It's pretty obvious that when people say "nerd", they don't mean a confident, extroverted guy who plays video games a few hours a day. They mean a shy, awkward, introverted guy.

Confident also dosen't equal extroverted.You are mixing things based on stereotypes.
Many nerds are actually talktive,they just talk about weird stuff.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Many nerds are actually talktive,they just talk about weird stuff.

I'm just like that, but I don't consider myself to be confident.

Dilberth
08-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm just like that, but I don't consider myself to be confident.

So you are not introvert it seems.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 11:39 PM
So you are not introvert it seems.

Being introverted doesn't mean you can't talk to people. I find it reasonably easy to talk to people, but I prefer to be alone.

There are areas of social interaction that I struggle with, it just so happens that talking to people I already know isn't one of them.

CelticViking
08-02-2012, 02:34 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-01EENuztT8Q/TbpnUECRb9I/AAAAAAAADng/joZxOM-hACI/s640/twins-wow-blondes-sexy.jpg

CelticViking
08-02-2012, 02:38 AM
http://itsguycode.com/images/stories/military-chicks/storm-trooper/sexy-storm-trooper-14.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/5/4963/125253217_d5beb6bc64.jpg

dukeofsouls
08-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Smart girl with beauty is always a winning combination!

dukeofsouls
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Why cant a person be both a intelligent and in physical shape? :p

northspaniard
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
If the nerd is like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ce3o1_ZZ8Yc

sure all girls date him! :D

Hurrem sultana
08-22-2012, 10:56 AM
no i would not date a nerd

Mechanolater
08-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes! Especially if she were a band geek and/or fenced. Play some Resident Evil, hit up a math workbook or two, I can fiddle while she flutes, and then a fencing bout in the bedroom. It'd be perfect.

http://arthurkade.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Mariel-Final-Group.jpg

spaz
08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
This thread made me think of this meme.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/12984374.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/9480242.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/10424433.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/9680378.jpg

WinterIsComing
08-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I'd much rather date a nerd/geek than a jock!

Zorruko
08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Depends, if she is pretty, why not?

Ozzy
08-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Someone to play video games with while we simultaneously bang on my couch in my man cave?

http://nowpic.com/images_folder/thumbs/2012-08/c4ad83a4.jpg (http://nowpic.com/?photo=2012-08/c4ad83a4)

StonyArabia
08-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Only if she is an intellectual geek/nerd who is into science, history and literature not a junk geek/nerd that's about Star Wars, Elves, and God knows what.

Ozzy
08-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Only if she is an intellectual geek/nerd who is into science, history and literature not a junk geek/nerd that's about Star Wars, Elves, and God knows what.

Well, you CAN dabble a bit in both, if not more in the stuff that matters.. Although I'm not into any of the latter - at least of what you mentioned. :D

leisitox
08-24-2012, 03:06 AM
I would date whether nerd or geek, doesnt matter.

Mraz
08-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I stayed one year with a nerdish girl, being able to spend an evening with your girlfriend playing videogames and watching movies is really appreciable.
Nerdish girls rule :P

alanr
08-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm a geek :puppy_dp:

Pallantides
08-24-2012, 09:45 PM
junk geek/nerd that's about Star Wars, Elves, and God knows what.

I love girls like that... and it's not junk.:picard2:

Furnace
08-24-2012, 09:53 PM
I love girls like that... and it's not junk.:picard2:

Sorry, but the tales of mohammed are the only valid fairytales.

Siberian Cold Breeze
08-24-2012, 09:56 PM

Geeks nerds I knew were into both ,intellectual and science fiction fantasy based ..
They were actually most good natured and funloving people and best friends..One of them left his computer at my place two weeks ,another one was first who helped me after i call ,when i needed a laptop, for my seminar and he also woke up at 7 to bring it..not because i m a girl .Their relationship was made on this pattern ..They always back up their friends.

And it was hilarious when grown up, big engineering student guys (one of them was huge ) playing magic the gathering in the bus ..was smth like "I aaaam throwiiing youuu an apocaliypseeee.".
hehehe ..everyone stared at our group but who gives a damn..

weirdest thing ...a guy (a geek friends, geeker friend) attacked me with a katana as soon as i stepped inside their house ..well it was joke ofcourse ,but not all people make such jokes to people whom they meet first ..it was fun :D wacky ,creepy but fun..

some of them even made a game room after they got married (yes they had girlfriends )carried their computers ,gathered and played computer games nonstop at the weekends .
.don't know dating (i didn't date any geek )but they make best friends
and they are never boring..always talk about stuff other people dont have any idea ..