PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in the Zombie Apocalypse?

Fortis in Arduis
07-13-2012, 11:34 PM
If not, then perhaps you have a another suggestion as to how humanity shall end itself, or come very close... :eek:

Please explain.

Stefan
07-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Possibly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie#Haiti)

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2010/haiti_time_z/haiti_time_z_01.jpg

On a more serious note, I don't think Hollywood zombies would occur, from some mystical virus that spreads from a bite. Possibly, however, a parasite or chemical imbalance (induced by drugs) can cause a person to act according to how a zombie would. I doubt this would cause an apocalypse.

Likely, any human initiated apocalypse would be nuclear or pathogenic (artificially-created.)

Xenomorph
07-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Not the living dead, but I could see something along the lines of what happened in 28 Days Later and Crossed.

Absinthe
07-13-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't believe it, I see it everyday. Come visit certain parts of downtown Athens and you'll see what I mean :....

Graham
07-14-2012, 12:10 AM
We'll succumb to AI built so well, they can out advance humans. We will be made obsolete to our superior Robot overlords.

That'll get us if the zombies don't.

Stefan
07-14-2012, 12:13 AM
We'll succumb to AI built so well, they can out advance humans. We will be made obsolete to our superior Robot overlords.

I think it's more likely we'll become androids before we emulate the human brain, which is very complex. They call it the singularity. Supposedly most scientists believe it will happen in our lifetime. For some reason the idea frightens and excites me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Dalton Fury
07-14-2012, 12:16 AM
If not, then perhaps you have a another suggestion as to how humanity shall end itself, or come very close... :eek:

Please explain.

In the U.S. we have negro "zombies" eating/killing people. I personally think this is the media's latest attempt to make excuses for negroes and their TNB. The media likes to blame bath salts for this behavior

Graham
07-14-2012, 12:24 AM
If it's not to late, governments will be restructuring the DNA of a new super human race capable of flying through space with laser eyes.

Only then shall we stop earths Robot destruction.

Or they are creating zombies through DNA.

Jedthehumanoid
07-14-2012, 06:25 AM

I'm the first prototype Graham;)

Bobcat Fraser
07-14-2012, 07:09 AM
We don't have to worry about "Night Of The Living Dead". We do have to worry about days of the living dumb. There are many mental and emotional zombies out there. Like the undead variety, they hunger for brains too.

Marmie Dearest
07-14-2012, 07:11 AM
No this is some stupid fantasy.

MST3K
07-15-2012, 05:38 AM
Naturally no, but with some sort of biological agent, I could see a 28 days later or Zombieland senario. Here's an example or recent outbreaks in the USA.....Some scary stuff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155164/Copycat-Miami-zombie-cannibal-attack-Homeless-man-Brandon-De-Leon-high-bath-salts-tries-bite-cop.html

2DREZQ
07-18-2012, 07:08 AM
You can buy Zombie Apocalypse ammunition in many sporting goods store now.

Most of us shooters and preppers understand that there won't be hoards of the undead shuffling about trying to eat the living.

Zombie is a codeword for the individuals who WILL be roaming the cities looking for any way to survive when the welfare check stop and the grocery shelves are empty.

If you have food for your loved ones, and want to stay alive, then the similarities in how you handle the two makes the differences moot.

Äike
07-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Zombies are made up and only exist in books and movies, there will be no "Zombie Apocalypse".

Furnace
07-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Zombies are made up and only exist in books and movies, there will be no "Zombie Apocalypse".

Actually it is quite possible with bioengineering, as there are parasitic organisms that can take control of another organism's nervous system, this again can be ported and adapted to humans.

You have to be very cruel and malicous to engineer such a thing, but you can say the same thing about the nuclear bomb, yet it exists.

Legion
07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Is anyone stacking canned food for the zombie apocalypse or NWO?

Svipdag
07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Who the hell started this damn-fool nonsense ? However, when you NEED a gun, the UN will see to it that you don't have one.

I foresee that eventually we will become a race of autonomous androids. Just before the death of the biological body, the entire personality, all of the contents of the person's memory, will be transferred to a solid-state brain encased in a silicone-covered titanium android body.

Thus, those who are psychologically capable of coping with it and , therefore, permitted to make this transition, will achieve the long-desired goal of immortality.Only those who are not troubled by boredom could endure immortality. Therefore, it is not for all.

But, some of us will "live" forever, requiring only energy, no air, no food, no water, no heat, no shelter. This I predict to be the future of mankind.

"O brave new world that hath such people in it." - William Shakespeare

2DREZQ
07-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Is anyone stacking canned food for the zombie apocalypse or NWO?

No. But a lot of us are stocking up on food for an unforeseen future disaster or civil unrest.

Legion
07-19-2012, 10:42 PM
No. But a lot of us are stocking up on food for an unforeseen future disaster or civil unrest.

And ammunition too?

Fortis in Arduis
07-19-2012, 11:49 PM
If one wakes up, spiritually, mentally and physically, then people can appear to be like zombies. In fact, if one does not see a world of zombies, one has already joined the ranks of the undead.

2DREZQ
07-20-2012, 04:58 AM
And ammunition too?

It might be hard to keep the food if you don't have enough ammunition!

Jedthehumanoid
07-20-2012, 08:43 AM
If one wakes up, spiritually, mentally and physically, then people can appear to be like zombies. In fact, if one does not see a world of zombies, one has already joined the ranks of the undead.

Twice a year my senses reach a heightened state on the approaches to the entrance of the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Once inside one can observe tens of thousands of zombies. Fortunately the only time they reach their aggressive state is on sale days and my daughter knows well not to ask me to attend to her clothing needs on those particular dark days.