PDA

View Full Version : Girls and women how important is sex for you in a relationship?

Dacul
07-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Please vote at the attached poll and/or expressed your current views on this matter.
I would like that males here would not vote at this poll.

Mortimer
07-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Im not a Woman, but to bump your thread with a comment, i think its quiete important. Sex is Why People look for a Relationship, without sex it would be just Friendship or Platonic Love, not reall Relationship. How often and How good it must be, depends on the woman i guess.

btw, i didnt voted.

CelticViking
07-15-2012, 02:07 AM
These ones for a normal relationship.

A good sexual life is very important for me (having sex often and most of the times being pleased by partner).

A good sexual life is somewhat important for me (sex not that often,sometimes being pleased,sometimes not).

But if something was wrong with him, he broke his leg or something then this one

I could stay in a relationship with few sex and not of good quality (like more rare than once 1 per month).

If he is really hurt then this one will have to do.

I could stay in a relation with no sex

Lumi
07-15-2012, 12:01 PM
A good balance between romance and sex is necessary in any relationship, IMO.

Moonbird
07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Sex is important, if you don't have sex with your SO you're "only" friends. A good sex life means to me to have gratifying sex several times per month.

PetiteParisienne
07-15-2012, 01:33 PM
It's quite important, but not the be-all-end-all.

Incel King
07-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Im not a Woman, but to bump your thread with a comment, i think its quiete important. Sex is Why People look for a Relationship, without sex it would be just Friendship or Platonic Love, not reall Relationship. How often and How good it must be, depends on the woman i guess.

btw, i didnt voted.

You forgot about romance and love, things that come into relationship before sex and they could be more reason why someone looking for relationship like it's in my case.

Mortimer
07-15-2012, 03:51 PM
You forgot about romance and love, things that come into relationship before sex and they could be more reason why someone looking for relationship like it's in my case.

true.

Kazimiera
07-17-2012, 05:24 PM
It's more about quality than quantity.

Sex is not the most important thing for me in a relationship. It doesn't feature high on my list, although when I do it, I want it to be good.

I'm having less sex now than I did a number of years ago, but the quality has improved.

There is more to life than getting laid. :)

Han Cholo
07-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Sex isn't important to me. I would only give sex if the woman begs for it.

Supreme American
07-17-2012, 08:46 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png

rhiannon
07-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Sex hurts now more than it used to before my son was born. I voted for the second option

Absinthe
07-18-2012, 07:45 AM
It's more about quality than quantity.

Sex is not the most important thing for me in a relationship. It doesn't feature high on my list, although when I do it, I want it to be good.

I'm having less sex now than I did a number of years ago, but the quality has improved.

There is more to life than getting laid. :)
Ditto 100% :thumbs

To add something:

it is a fact that in most relationships, after, say, 2 years, the frequency and quality of sex between two partners, declines. Which is rational, of course, the passion that leads to good sex usually fades out as intimacy increases.

So if you value good sex above everything else in a relationship, you can't stay in one for more than a certain period of time.

If, on the other hand, you have set other priorities such as intimacy, partnership, etc, you will eventually compromise your sex drive in order to maintain a long-lasting relationship.

Mistic
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Sex is only important if you really love someone. There's no need to have sex because it's expected of you and no reason to "give in" because the partner is being pushy. People base too much importance on sex anyway. What's wrong with celibacy?

Marmie Dearest
07-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Since it was multiple choice, I picked the first two. I would like to enjoy a good sexual life, but I am willing to have a more "okay" sexual life if having a great sexual life meant that my partner was otherwise unacceptable.

However, it would still be somewhat important in the balance.

Arthas
08-11-2012, 03:06 PM
A good sex life means to me to have gratifying sex several times per month.

I knew you were a female straight away after reading this. If me and my girlfriend or wife were only having sex a few times a month, I would've broken up with her long ago.

arcticwolf
08-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Smart man! Make them beg for it! :laugh:

Osprey
08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Look at the elaborately constructed fantasies of our esteemed female members here.
The truth is, many of them long for someone or something to take them out for dinner :laugh:

Sabinae
08-11-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm afraid... I'd hardly leave the bed... :tongue

Frigga
08-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Lots of passionate sex is not a huge important factor for me, I have a low drive. As long as hubby is getting his needs met, I'm fine.

Tony
08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Smart man! Make them beg for it! :laugh:

He'd very likely to die before it happens...

btw I learnt it very depend on the type of woman, there are women who enjoy sex like men do, a lot, both in term of quantity and quality, but they are a minority, unfortunately.

Virtuous
08-11-2012, 06:01 PM
If a man doesn't want sex in a relationship, he's either:

1:Cheating
2:Constipated

curiousman
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
here are women who enjoy sex like men do, a lot, both in term of quantity and quality, but they are a minority, unfortunately.

Those are called nymphos :D

Tony
08-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Those are called nymphos :D

Beside those who do for money... :rolleyes:

No, seriously there are women who enjoy sex like us men, but they're just a few.

Han Cholo
08-11-2012, 06:27 PM
He'd very likely to die before it happens...

btw I learnt it very depend on the type of woman, there are women who enjoy sex like men do, a lot, both in term of quantity and quality, but they are a minority, unfortunately.

I'm not dead yet-

Apina
08-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh, I thought this was a Mary thread, I'm disappointed.

Midori
08-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Platonic love FTW.

PetiteParisienne
08-11-2012, 08:33 PM
In a relationship, anything less than three times a week is too little for me.

arcticwolf
08-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Are you for real? So those women do really exist? Nah, you are pulling my leg, aren't you? Do you want me to believe in Unicorns as well? Come on! :laugh:

Frigga
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Are you for real? So those women do really exist? Nah, you are pulling my leg, aren't you? Do you want me to believe in Unicorns as well? Come on! :laugh:

http://www.jeffgothelf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/unicorn.jpg

carol
08-11-2012, 08:53 PM

me too!
:thumb001:

PetiteParisienne
08-11-2012, 08:53 PM

I'm not joking!

Queen B
08-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Why is this strange? Its the normal for a couple to have sex (at least) 3 days per week :)

carol
08-11-2012, 09:00 PM
We have our needs...:eyes

Frigga
08-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, hormonal imbalances can suppress those things for some women. :)

arcticwolf
08-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Why is this strange? Its the normal for a couple to have sex (at least) 3 days per week :)

Oh come on, we both know you gals are just having some fun here. Most of us know the truth. It's maybe that way in the beginning, but once a man is under the thumb it's more like once a quarter! :D

Queen B
08-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Oh come on, we both know you gals are just having some fun here. Most of us know the truth. It's maybe that way in the beginning, but once a man is under the thumb it's more like once a quarter! :D
Not here, at least :D
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-does-sex-life-compare-rest-the-310164.html?cat=41

Sabinae
08-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Twice a day.... :stricken:

PetiteParisienne
08-12-2012, 05:44 PM

I can only speak for myself, but that's not the way with my husband and me. We've been together for four years, have a baby, and still manage to have sex almost every day.

Osprey
08-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I can only speak for myself, but that's not the way with my husband and me. We've been together for four years, have a baby, and still manage to have sex almost every day.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Oh+stop+it+you_4b4fff_3819442.jpg
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/6/imhorny128493263430000000.jpg

arcticwolf
08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Ladies as a gentleman I will not try to undermine your sincere statements. ;) I'll take what you've stated on its face value. Hope that not all is lost has taken root in my heart again. Keep on on keeping on Ladies! :p

PetiteParisienne
08-12-2012, 05:57 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Oh+stop+it+you_4b4fff_3819442.jpg
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/6/imhorny128493263430000000.jpg

Go tell your woman, then.

Arthas
08-12-2012, 07:18 PM

Good for you, but you are certainly not the norm. I heard somewhere that the average frequency of sex for married couples (within a reasonable age range so not including people too old to have regular sex) in the UK is twice a week, which is pathetic.

arcticwolf
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Good for you, but you are certainly not the norm. I heard somewhere that the average frequency of sex for married couples (within a reasonable age range so not including people too old to have regular sex) in the UK is twice a week, which is pathetic.

Well, get used to it! :D

There is a saying which goes something like this: the married man has the least amount of sex.

So, if you are single, divorced etc you get laid more often statistically speaking. :laugh:

Let's ask Germanicus since he has a lot more experience than both of us combined. Let's hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak. :p

Dacul
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM

People considers other things more interesting maybe,like going out to drink some beers.

Virtuous
08-12-2012, 07:31 PM
People considers other things more interesting maybe,like going out to drink some beers.

and watching football.

PetiteParisienne
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
It's a 'use it or lose it' situation. Keeping sex a regular part of one's life requires making time for it. Some couples lead such busy lives that they become used to not having sex. A couple has to put effort into making time for sex, and that's totally normal and ok. :)

Arthas
08-12-2012, 08:37 PM
It's a 'use it or lose it' situation. Keeping sex a regular part of one's life requires making time for it. Some couples lead such busy lives that they become used to not having sex. A couple has to put effort into making time for sex, and that's totally normal and ok. :)

That's how it should be, couples should make time for sex. The less sex a couple has, the less healthy their relationship is. Of course this is a generalisation but like all generalisations it is generally true.

Dacul
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
That's how it should be, couples should make time for sex. The less sex a couple has, the less healthy their relationship is. Of course this is a generalisation but like all generalisations it is generally true.

Well that is how you a healthy couple life,I see a healthy couple life with the couple making time for getting out with friends.

PetiteParisienne
08-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Well that is how you a healthy couple life,I see a healthy couple life with the couple making time for getting out with friends.

Who says you can't do both? :)

rhiannon
08-13-2012, 09:37 AM

I used to want it all the time until it started to hurt more. Hell...in my last relationship, I could have given Sabinae a run for her money lol. It was a veritable fuckfest every time we were together!

Waidewut
08-13-2012, 09:41 AM
It's cool that you thought about the male gender, cause I did want to vote in this poll.

amoora
12-07-2017, 11:10 PM
It's not that important to me. I prefer cuddling, holding hands, talking and kissing

GiCa
12-11-2017, 03:38 AM
A man must eat me with the eyes, there should be mind plays, and a high level of tension electricity

Hadouken
12-11-2017, 03:49 AM
A man must eat me with the eyes, there should be mind plays, and a high level of tension electricity

does GiCo do it well ?

Hamlet
12-11-2017, 03:52 AM

btw, i didnt voted.

Thanks mate

Mingle
12-11-2017, 03:53 AM
Sex is important, if you don't have sex with your SO you're "only" friends. A good sex life means to me to have gratifying sex several times per month.

Not true. There are cultures where the husband and wife solely have sex for the purpose of procreation.

Hamlet
12-11-2017, 03:53 AM
Not true. There are cultures where the husband and wife solely have sex for the purpose of procreation.

Which cultures? Just curious

Is Islam one?!

Mingle
12-11-2017, 03:55 AM
Which cultures? Just curious

Is Islam one?!

Yes, lol. At least in Pashtun culture, that's the case.

Though it probably happens in some other very conservative cultures too. You also might be interested to know that couples don't kiss each other in the majority of cultures outside the West.

Grenzland
12-11-2017, 06:28 PM

Why not? Why should women hate sex? :D

Autrigón
12-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Finally a good thread for men :tango:

Bobby Martnen
05-01-2018, 05:47 AM
The purpose of sex is reproduction, not pleasure.