PDA

View Full Version : Are Ukrainians Russians?

rashka
07-14-2012, 09:32 PM
I know that Ukraine comes from the slavic language "in the area" or "at the end" - something along those lines. Was that a name given to a certain ethnic group living where Ukraine is now or, was it a political (fake) name given to a people who were the same as Russians? Slavic history is always so fascinating.

Let's hear from some Slavs or some knowledgeable people in Slavic history!

Breedingvariety
07-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Ukrainian language is very similar to Russian language. It could be called dialect. 50% of Ukrainian citizens speak Russian. Ukraine was formed as independent state just 20 years ago. They are Orthodox Christians (so religion isn't an issue). IMO, Ukraine should be region of Russia. Unless you want weaker Russia.

Or better, Ukraine divided between Poland and Russia, per interwar borders.

Sultan Suleiman
07-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Ukraine is Ruthenia. The nexus for all east Slavic nations...

Calling Ruthenians/Ukrainians "little Russians" is fucking insane, because it's like calling Serbs Macedonians. :coffee:

Russians are an offshoot nation from Ruthenia which even tough similarities evolved biologically (with assimilation of various tribes to some extent) and culturally in a completely different people.

RoyBatty
07-14-2012, 09:54 PM
I know that Ukraine comes from the slavic language "in the area" or "at the end" - something along those lines. Was that a name given to a certain ethnic group living where Ukraine is now or, was it a political (fake) name given to a people who were the same as Russians? Slavic history is always so fascinating.

Let's hear from some Slavs or some knowledgeable people in Slavic history!

Western Ukrainians, not Russian.
Central Ukrainians (Kiev etc) not Russian.

Southern and Eastern Ukraine = Russian

RoyBatty
07-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Ukrainian language is very similar to Russian language. It could be called dialect. 50% of Ukrainian citizens speak Russian. Ukraine was formed as independent state just 20 years ago. They are Orthodox Christians (so religion isn't an issue). IMO, Ukraine should be region of Russia. Unless you want weaker Russia.

Or better, Ukraine divided between Poland and Russia, per interwar borders.

Western Ukraine.... only a madman would want or take them.
Central Uke.... better to leave them dreaming about Ancient Ukrs and their ancient culture.

Southern and Eastern Ukraine = Russian though. :thumbs up

Demhat
07-14-2012, 09:57 PM
IMO, Ukraine should be region of Russia. Unless you want weaker Russia.

As if Russia isnt already big enough :D

Veneda
07-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I know that Ukraine comes from the slavic language "in the area" or "at the end" - something along those lines.
From the linguistic point of view Ukraine means literally in Polish ‘land situated on the periphery’, in the context: on the periphery of Polish eastern borders. Ukrainian language is similar to Polish and Russian.

rashka
07-14-2012, 10:23 PM
From the linguistic point of view Ukraine means literally in Polish ‘land situated on the periphery’, in the context: on the periphery of Polish eastern borders. Ukrainian language is similar to Polish and Russian.

Yes, similar to the Krajina region of Croatia. It is also using the root word "kraj" (krai) which means at the end or region/rim in Serbian.

From Proto-Slavic *krajь.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kraj#Serbo-Croatian

Mordid
07-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Not at all, and a person would offend the hell out of many of them by calling them that. There is a large Russian population in areas of Ukraine (South and east), but if you go to a purely Ukranian part (especially in the west), you won't make any friends by telling them they're Russian.

RoyBatty
07-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Not at all, and a person would offend the hell out of many of them by calling them that. There is a large Russian population in areas of Ukraine (South and east), but if you go to a purely Ukranian part (especially in the west), you won't make any friends by telling them they're Russian.

Imo Western Ukrainians are a different breed to the "standard Ukrainian". Western Ukrainian and Ukrainian aren't the same people.

In the same way that Ukrainians and Russians (living in what is today the State of Ukraine) aren't the same people.

Mordid
07-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Ukrainian sounds like soft polish or funny Russian. :laugh:

Mordid
07-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Imo Western Ukrainians are a different breed to the "standard Ukrainian". Western Ukrainian and Ukrainian aren't the same people.

In the same way that Ukrainians and Russians (living in what is today the State of Ukraine) aren't the same people.
What about Northern Ukrainians?

RoyBatty
07-14-2012, 10:36 PM
What about Northern Ukrainians?

Northern and Central Uke = Ukrainian afaik
Western Uke is something different.

East and South is way more Russian (and Uke).

Lithium
07-14-2012, 10:46 PM
I find their language very related to Bulgarian. But they are a different ethnicity, they aren't Russian but are probably closest related to them.

xajapa
07-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Not all. Western Ukrainians differ to the point that they are not synonymous with Russians.

Sultan Suleiman
07-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Ukrainian sounds like soft polish or funny Russian. :laugh:

All Slavic languages sound like broken Bosnian...

Sultan Suleiman
07-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Northern and Central Uke = Ukrainian afaik
Western Uke is something different.

East and South is way more Russian (and Uke).

Were you in Ukeland or are you just spreading some good ol' interwebz wizdum :)

Midori
07-14-2012, 11:13 PM
No, they're an ethnicity of their own.

Xenomorph
07-15-2012, 03:33 AM
They're similar to Russians, but in matters of day to day affairs, it shouldn't matter one way or the other. They're a sovereign nation and that sovereignty should be respected by their nothern neighbor.

sevruk
07-15-2012, 08:05 AM
only the eastern Ukrainians = south-western Russians

Sarmatian
07-17-2012, 07:32 AM
There is no single homogenous ethnicity of 'Ukrainians'. Population of modern Ukraine is made of Ruthenians living West of Dnieper and Little Russians living mostly East of Dnieper with some Western territories populated by them too. The central Ukraine is mixed heavily and its hard to draw an exact border line.

The name Ukraine is derived from Slavic root 'Kray' meaning 'border, edge'. 'Okraina' means 'near border' which should be obvious to any Slavic speaking person.

Considering the term Little Russians as derogatory is plain retarded. It was started by Byzantine historians as they wanted to distinguish different parts of lands populated by same people of Rus. So they called bigger part of it Great Rus and smaller part Minor Rus (exactly as they did with Asia Minor). Russians adopted such classification (most likely via Orthodox Church connection) and later expanded it by allocating White Rus.

Siegfried
07-17-2012, 07:35 AM
According to Ukrainians I've met, they can understand Polish better than Russian. Maybe in certain areas Ukrainian is more similar to Polish, but I'm not an expert on the topic to say.

Whiskey7
07-19-2012, 10:14 AM

So who do you think western ukrainians most closely resemble? My western and central ukrainian relatives look like the same sort of people to me.

johnD
08-04-2012, 09:46 AM
They are russians. Stop western propaganda !

Foxy
11-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Saying that they are an other race sounds excessive, but a different nation yes.

igo112
11-29-2014, 08:47 PM

Tan R Mubarak
01-12-2015, 10:01 PM
As a person who grew up in Ukraine I can say that ukrainians and russians r different nations. Just like all slavs they share similarities. The reason they ( ukr)know russian is USSR . Actually ,for ukrainian, very easy to understand the rest of slavic speaking nations( is russian lang-e slavic?).
By the way for native speakers Krajine meaning: "homeland" or "region, country" like
- Where do u live?
-U Krajini
Culture,language,tradirions very diff from russian( which is full of diff tribes )

Ivan Kramskoï
01-12-2015, 10:10 PM
East Ukraine is Russia.
Sources : my grand mother propaganda ^^

igo112
01-13-2015, 05:04 AM

ЛыSSый
01-13-2015, 08:14 AM
As a person, who lives in hohlostan (yeah, ukraine) i can say: we are just russian subetnicity. Yes, we have some differences from russians, but they are much less that differences between any others similar nations in europe. Except the some western regions of my country - there lives descendants of polish genetical experiments of creation the population of ideal slaves.

Jehan
01-13-2015, 08:19 AM
As a person, who lives in hohlostan (yeah, ukraine) i can say: we are just russian subetnicity. Yes, we have some differences from russians, but they are much less that differences between any others similar nations in europe. Except the some western regions of my country - there lives descendants of polish genetical experiments of creation the population of ideal slaves.

Does it means that Ukraine should be a region of Russia or there are enought differences to picture Ukraine as an independant nation?
Are you Russian who live in Ukraine or an Ukrainian?

Rumata
01-14-2015, 09:54 AM
As a person who grew up in Ukraine I can say that ukrainians and russians r different nations. Just like all slavs they share similarities. The reason they ( ukr)know russian is USSR .
:picard2:
Ever heard about the greatest Ukrainian writer Nikolai Gogol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Gogol) (1809-1852)? Guess what language he used in his works...

Tan R Mubarak
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
I can c that u one of very special russians so no point to start this topic here. I just going to ignore people like you and I bet you understand why

Leto
01-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Ever heard about the greatest Ukrainian writer Nikolai Gogol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Gogol) (1809-1852)? Guess what language he used in his works...
As far as I know, they consider him a foreign author. Gogol is part of the Russian literature.

Rumata
01-14-2015, 04:06 PM
I can c that u one of very special russians so no point to start this topic here. I just going to ignore people like you and I bet you understand why
I guess this is the case when keeping silence helps a person to look more clever.
Промолчи - за умного сойдёшь.
So please ignore me and keep looking clever, the special brit.

As far as I know, they consider him a foreign author. Gogol is part of the Russian literature.
It's a pity, because Gogol was probably more Ukrainian (or Maloross) than some Bandera. I wonder who is their greatist writer in this case?
Well, what about Taras Shevchenko? He wrote a big deal in Russian too.

Tan R Mubarak
01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
I dont want to start argument so I will ignore you. ]жалкие шовинистски люди

Borna
01-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Are Austrians Germans?

Rumata
01-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Ага, типа как вор пожурил бы за воровство.
Bye. Hopefully, there're some good schools in UK.

Foxy
01-15-2015, 09:25 AM

A true Ukie finally! :cheer_icoon:
Don't worry, these Russian men try to bull people with different opinions to look strong, macho and brave, but they are just pussies.
Meow!

glass
01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Well, what about Taras Shevchenko? He wrote a big deal in Russian too.
Приписывается Тарасу Шевченко
-----------------------------------------
Хохол останется хохлом,
Хоть ты пусти его в Европу,
Где надо действовать умом,
Он напрягает только жопу.

И потому-то на Руси
Завещано аж Мономахом:
«Связаться Боже упаси
С тремя — жидом, хохлом и ляхом!».

Коварен жид, хотя и слеп;
Кичливый лях — похуже бляди.
Хохол же съест с тобою хлеб —
И тут же в суп тебе нагадит.

Marusya
01-16-2015, 07:50 AM

He had no choice, poor guy. :( Czarist policies of russification and all that... ;) That is why today Russian is a "prestige" language, like English, German, Spanish. Do I like this fact? No, I do not! Mainly because Ukrainian is such a beautiful, poetic language and needs to be heard more often in this world.

Rumata
01-16-2015, 08:10 AM
He had no choice, poor guy. :(
Anyone has a choice!
Anyway, my point was the following phrase was totally false:

The reason they ( ukr)know russian is USSR .
and you missed it.

Marusya
01-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Anyone has a choice!
Anyway, my point was the following phrase was totally false:

and you missed it.

I did indeed miss it. Sorry. I did not read that post to which you refer. I was just quickly scanning this thread and your post compelled my comment. What I meant was at the time Gogol wrote, Ukrainian was not a literary language, only spoken. The only Slavic language Gogol was able to learn in school would have been pre-reform Russian. The guy had a Ukrainian soul as evidenced by his writing.

Sarmatian
01-16-2015, 09:00 AM
The reason they ( ukr)know russian is USSR.

The reason these Russians now calling themselves ukry is USSR. Because there was no Ukrainians in Russian Empire, only Malorossians (Little Russians). Ukraine and Ukrainians were artificially created by Lenin in 1920's. Before that its territories were a subject of centuries long contest between Russia and Poland. The dispute was finally settled in Eternal Peace Treaty of 1686 when Russian Empire has bought Kiev and left-bank territories from Poland for 146 thousands golden rubles. Since then nobody had legal rights to question Russian authority over Kiev.

But in 1920's bolsheviks needed some boost to their international image. For that reason they split former Russian Empire into few formally independent states to present them as unified under common communist ideology. Ukraine was one of these artificial entities. Modern Ukrainian language was created at that time by mixing local dialect of Russian language with some Polish words. Modern Ukraine has no historical nor legal background.

Rumata
01-16-2015, 09:06 AM
What I meant was at the time Gogol wrote, Ukrainian was not a literary language, only spoken.
Really? Wikipedia doesn't agree with you in this: Украинский язык (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D3%EA%F0%E0%E8%ED%F1%EA%E8%E9_%FF%E7%FB%EA#.D0.9F .D0.B8.D1.81.D1.8C.D0.BC.D0.B5.D0.BD.D0.BD.D0.BE.D 1.81.D1.82.D1.8C)

The guy had a Ukrainian soul as evidenced by his writing.
I agree with you here. I can say more, there's a huge number of people originating from Ukraine in my city. No one prevents them from learning or using Ukrainian language. How many do it? About 0 %.
And what about you? Have you finally mastered Ukrainian language to prove such statements?

Mainly because Ukrainian is such a beautiful, poetic language and needs to be heard more often in this world.

Jehan
01-16-2015, 11:29 AM
The reason these Russians now calling themselves ukry is USSR. Because there was no Ukrainians in Russian Empire, only Malorossians (Little Russians). Ukraine and Ukrainians were artificially created by Lenin in 1920's. Before that its territories were a subject of centuries long contest between Russia and Poland. The dispute was finally settled in Eternal Peace Treaty of 1686 when Russian Empire has bought Kiev and left-bank territories from Poland for 146 thousands golden rubles. Since then nobody had legal rights to question Russian authority over Kiev.

But in 1920's bolsheviks needed some boost to their international image. For that reason they split former Russian Empire into few formally independent states to present them as unified under common communist ideology. Ukraine was one of these artificial entities. Modern Ukrainian language was created at that time by mixing local dialect of Russian language with some Polish words. Modern Ukraine has no historical nor legal background.

Hutsuls, Lemko, ruthenians and a lot of other tribes lives and exists in the region far before 1920. They are not artificial people. That they never get the opportunity or never arrive to create an independant state doesn't mean that they are russians and should live under russians law.
The territories were Kurds live were a subject of centuries of fight between differents empires and countrys. I totally support their wish to be independant.

ЛыSSый
01-17-2015, 10:00 AM
fuck, who from you knows ukrainian dialect of russian language except me?
fuck, who from you living now in ukraine except me?

But every bitch trying to bark, how much it knows about us. Fuck you all. Come and live here, and only after you will have any rights to say anything about ukraine and us.
Without it - all of you just subhumans, which have no power to live here and no abilities to accimilating in places where you living now.

ЛыSSый
01-17-2015, 10:10 AM
And let me ad: this 2 girs, who trying write here - from western ukraine. They are not like hohols form other biggest part of ukraine, they are just descendants of polish slaves.
And therefore they are completly right if they say that are very different from us. It's really big difference between built something for centuries and being subhuman by centuries too.

Ofcause, nothing personal (excuse me, girls, it's not your fault, it's your fate), but it too very important difference, like between white educated people usa and theirs getto negros.

Foxy
01-17-2015, 10:10 AM

But where the hell do you Russians study history? In public toilets? Do you study history from the writes printed on toilet paper?
:jump0000:
Please, continue...

Foxy
01-17-2015, 10:16 AM
And let me ad: this 2 girs, who trying write here - from western ukraine. They are not like hohols form other biggest part of ukraine, they are just descendants of polish slaves.
And therefore they are completly right if they say that are very different from us. It's really big difference between built something for centuries and being subhuman by centuries too.

Ofcause, nothing personal (excuse me, girls, it's not your fault, it's your fate), but it too very important difference, like between white educated people usa and theirs getto negros.

Sorry, I am not Ukrainian, right, but listen... I know few phrases in Russian, yet when my bf says in Ukrainian those phrases I understand them the same.
If you know Russian and have a IQ... I am not saying a good IQ... let's say an avarage IQ... you can mutually understand Ukrainian too.

ЛыSSый
01-17-2015, 10:23 AM

Does it means that Ukraine should be a region of Russia i see no links between what i wrote and what you ask after. Already we are independent 24 years and all time my country degrading from industrial to nothing.

...or there are enought differences to picture Ukraine as an independant nation? we have less differences from russians than different regions in your france.

Are you Russian who live in Ukraine or an Ukrainian? hard question: ukrainian nation as definition was invented by commies 100 years ago.
During this time biggest part of my ancestors lived here.

ЛыSSый
01-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Sorry, I am not Ukrainian, right, but listen... I know few phrases in Russian, yet when my bf says in Ukrainian those phrases I understand them the same.
If you know Russian and have a IQ... I am not saying a good IQ... let's say an avarage IQ... you can mutually understand Ukrainian too. thank! Even you with very low level of knowing language and very limited IQ understood that russian and ukrainian languages are very-very similar.

Foxy
01-17-2015, 10:40 AM
thank! Even you with very low level of knowing language and very limited IQ understood that russian and ukrainian languages are very-very similar.

Yes, I wrote that bcs some weeks ago you contested me about the fact that understanding Ukrainian for a Russian speaker was easy.
I wanted to answer you sooner but my pc crashed. Too bullshits led it to cyber-suicide. RIP.

Jehan
01-17-2015, 10:40 AM
i see no links between what i wrote and what you ask after. Already we are independent 24 years and all time my country degrading from industrial to nothing.
we have less differences from russians than different regions in your france.
hard question: ukrainian nation as definition was invented by commies 100 years ago.
During this time biggest part of my ancestors lived here.

You said that there are small difference between russian and ukraine.
I ask you if you estimate that the difference are to much small to justify the creation of a new nation.

ЛыSSый
01-17-2015, 10:59 AM
You said that there are small difference between russian and ukraine.
I ask you if you estimate that the difference are to much small to justify the creation of a new nation. yes, actually difference are to much small to justify the creation of a new nation. But ukrainian nation already created and this creature is very unstable, even with external help.

Foxy
01-17-2015, 11:03 AM
My question is: are Russians Ukrainian?
Are white Russians largely descendents of Ukrainian expansion at east and Ukrainian deportation?

ЛыSSый
01-17-2015, 11:15 AM
My question is: are Russians Ukrainian?
Are white Russians largely descendents of Ukrainian expansion at east and Ukrainian deportation? :picard1::1127:

sioned
01-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Saying Ukrains are russians is IMHO the same as saying are the Dutch/Flemish Germans, are Croats Serbs, are Slovaks Czechs, are Portuguese spaniards...etc. And my answer; they arent not. related, yes, but not identically.

Tan R Mubarak
01-17-2015, 06:09 PM
someone at least got some sense here. I remember like my father use to say Muscovites only bring problems. For so many generations ukrainians(rusky is right name by the way) called todays russians -Muscovites( A native or resident of Moscow or Muscovy)
The lands to the northeast of Ukraine known today as Russia was known as Muscovy prior to 1721. Then the Muscovite tzar Peter I changed the old name “Muscovy” to “Russia” (“Rossia”) in order adopt the history of Kyivan Rus’ (ancient Ukraine) as Muscovite (Russian) history. just swap names and TADAm!

Tan R Mubarak
01-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Question is Who do u consider as russian?

Rumata
01-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Tsardom of Russia 1547–1721 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsardom_of_Russia)
Russian Empire 1721–1917 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Empire)

Several states in history had Rus' as a part of their names. Ukraine translates as 'borderland'. The root of the word is 'край'.

Pribislav
08-29-2018, 02:31 PM
bump

Pribislav
08-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Of course they are.
They are Russians minus Finno-Ugric, and plus some Balkanic infuence.

Vlatko Vukovic
08-29-2018, 02:45 PM
They are not.

Nurzat
08-29-2018, 02:47 PM
Ukrainians, Belorussians and Russians are bros :cool: I think they can live in the same country, yes, each keeping its own dialect and respecting the others. I'd say Moldovans are Romanian-speaking Russians too xD we all Russkies

cyberlorian
08-29-2018, 02:57 PM
No but they are ethnically very close to each other. Ethnic difference from Ukrainians to Russians is less than ethnic difference between Adygei and Georgians.

Pribislav
08-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Ukrainians are different.

Explain

Gründig
08-29-2018, 03:16 PM
They are little poopsie boys

IncelSlayer
08-29-2018, 03:17 PM
There's no such thing as ukrainean ethnicity and its "history" starts about 100 years ago, people who voted "no" need to pick themselves a history book.

fuck, who from you knows ukrainian dialect of russian language except me?
fuck, who from you living now in ukraine except me?

But every bitch trying to bark, how much it knows about us. Fuck you all. Come and live here, and only after you will have any rights to say anything about ukraine and us.
Without it - all of you just subhumans, which have no power to live here and no abilities to accimilating in places where you living now.

Pretty much this.

Pandur
08-29-2018, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't say they are.

Pribislav
08-29-2018, 03:19 PM
According to Russians Bohdan Khmelnytsky made Pereyaslav Council in 1654 because he want to unite Little Russia with Great Russia. He know that people in Little and Great Russia are seme and they were devided due to historical circumstances.

According to Ukrainians that was pragmatic move of Bohdan Khmelnytsky. He chose Russia as the most acceptable solution in that moment, or as least evil.

In 1654 there was no any Ukraine, and Khmelytsky was not creator or father of Ukrainian statehood/nation. Creators of Ukrainian nation are bolsheviks.

Pribislav
08-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Is the only difference between Ukrainian and Russian cyrillic existence of letter i in Ukrainian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dC-tKDGB-4

Krivich
08-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Today, Ukrainians living in Ukraine are not Russians. But those Ukrainians who live in Russia and consider themselves Russian, they are Russian.

Pribislav
08-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Today, Ukrainians living in Ukraine are not Russians. But those Ukrainians who live in Russia and consider themselves Russian, they are Russian.

Same as Montenegrins towards the Serbs, and Moldovans towards the Romanians.

Do you have ancestors from Ukraine?

Bogdan
08-29-2018, 03:48 PM
Very alike, yes.

Peterski
08-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Western Ukrainians = Poles in denial
East Ukrainians = Russians in denial

Krivich
08-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Same as Montenegrins towards the Serbs, and Moldovans towards the Romanians.

Do you have ancestors from Ukraine?
yeah, but don't tell anyone.

Papastratosels26
09-01-2018, 12:22 AM
No at all

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Stanislav
10-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Russian and ukrainian - like prussian and bavarian.

Mingle
10-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Ukrainians are of Russian origin but don't consider themselves Russian because they developed a separate identity during the GDL and PLC occupation of Ukraine (and Belarus). The main difference between the two is politics. Slavs from Russia are those Russians that stayed independent whereas Slavs from Ukraine/Belarus are those Russians that were under Lithuanian and Polish occupation. I read an article some time ago where a few Ukrainian nationalists said that the word "Moscovia" and "Moscovian" should be used instead of "Russia" and "Russian" since Ukrainians should also be able to claim that name.

Vlatko Vukovic
10-01-2018, 05:03 PM
According to Primary Chronicles, document which is source for the kievan Rus state, the people of ancient Rus' didn't call themselves Russians, neither Ukrainians but "Kyevskiye". So, Kyevskiye who continued migrate to modern Russia are modern Russians, and those who stayed on the Ukrainian present teritory are modern Ukrainians.

Stanislav
10-03-2018, 04:44 PM
According to Primary Chronicles, document which is source for the kievan Rus state, the people of ancient Rus' didn't call themselves Russians, neither Ukrainians but "Kyevskiye". So, Kyevskiye who continued migrate to modern Russia are modern Russians, and those who stayed on the Ukrainian present teritory are modern Ukrainians.

You wrong. According to Primary Chronicles the people of ancient Rus' have different identificity - polyane, drevlyane, slovene from Ilmen Like, merya, chud, ves, crivichi, ulichi, tivertsi, volyiniane, dregovichi, vyatichi, severyane. But, after 2-3 century they all become to be russian.

Varda
03-26-2022, 10:52 PM
bump

Varda
06-30-2022, 04:51 AM

Polak
08-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Are the Dutch English? After all, they speak a similar language and have a similar culture? Perhaps we should divide the Netherlands between the UK and Germany since they are a fake country.

That's how uneducated apricitards sound.

Victor
08-02-2022, 12:37 PM
3rd

Sora
08-02-2022, 12:39 PM
No,they're separate nations despite coming from single roots. They speak different dialects of East Slavic and most probably differ culturally too. Ukrainians & Russians are at the same difference as Turkish & Azerbaijanis.

Victor
08-02-2022, 12:51 PM
No,they're separate nations despite coming from single roots. They speak different dialects of East Slavic and most probably differ culturally too. Ukrainians & Russians are at the same difference as Turkish & Azerbaijanis.

But for lots of Ukrainans Russian is the mother tongue, unlike Turkish language for Azeris.