PDA

View Full Version : Macedonia and Bosnia have lowest divorce rates in Europe

poiuytrewq0987
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Only 5% of marriages end in divorce in Bosnia and Macedonia compared to Sweden and America where more than 50% of marriages end in divorce.

http://www.darndivorce.com/divorce-rates-around-the-world/

Hurrem sultana
07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
cool

Drawing-slim
07-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow, sweeden and usa 55%.

I'm surprised albania doesnt have the lowest.
My parents got divorced after 30 year marriage and i was the only person in the whole school or even on the whole city for that matter, whos parents were divoreced.

The most uncomfortable question i remember and i always tried to avoid, was when older people would ask me how my parents are doing, those that didn't know about obviously.

Gospodine
07-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm actually pretty proud of being Bosnian now.

ioan assen
07-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Is it due to the big muslim percent?

Gospodine
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Is it due to the big muslim percent?

I honestly doubt that has anything to do with it. Most Bosnians are thoroughly secular/agnostic or straight-up atheist.

I can't imagine the divorce rate in any Balkan country being higher than 30% anyway.

Balkan people also have sex more times per week compared to Western/Northern Europeans according to a survey I saw a while ago.

True story.

Gospodine
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
I always thought Macos and Bosnians had a lot of parallels, particularly given both of their tenuous origins, their disputes with their neighbours and their lower-tier status in Yugoslavia, compared to the Croats and Serbs.

Both shit-stirrers essentially :D

Hurrem sultana
07-16-2012, 11:25 AM
No most Bosnians are not secular or atheist,but i doubt it has anything to do with islam.More possible is that people are more conservative though

dralos
07-16-2012, 11:30 AM
No most Bosnians are not secular or atheist,but i doubt it has anything to do with islam.More possible is that people are more conservative though
it has to do with Islam offcourse,bcs if you're muslim its even more disgrace to divorce

Methmatician
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
it has to do with Islam offcourse,bcs if you're muslim its even more disgrace to divorce

Then what's the reason for Macedonia?

Drawing-slim
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I always thought Macos and Bosnians had a lot of parallels, particularly given both of their tenuous origins, their disputes with their neighbours and their lower-tier status in Yugoslavia, compared to the Croats and Serbs.

Both shit-stirrers essentially :DNot so fast buddy.
If we exclude albanian population, macedonia would have 20% divorce rate.
Wich means albos in macedonia not only have zero percent dicorces, but they have to get couple wives to make up for macedonians:D

Hurrem sultana
07-16-2012, 11:56 AM

Macedonia has many albanians,and macedonian albanians are known to be more religious than those in Albania and Kosovo

heck they are more religious than bosniaks too

But in Bosnia divorce is becoming common,people divorce more often and marry less often

Flintlocke
07-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Evil slavs oppress their wimminz :coffee:

poiuytrewq0987
07-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Not so fast buddy.
If we exclude albanian population, macedonia would have 20% divorce rate.
Wich means albos in macedonia not only have zero percent dicorces, but they have to get couple wives to make up for macedonians:D

:rolleyes: Divorce and women dating multiple men are FROWNED on by Macedonians. We are very traditional and we do expect our women to pick a man and stay with him for the rest of her life. Its why the rates are so low in Macedonia.

Methmatician
07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Macedonia has many albanians,and macedonian albanians are known to be more religious than those in Albania and Kosovo

heck they are more religious than bosniaks too

Albanians are only 25% of Macedonia's population.

Hurrem sultana
07-16-2012, 12:02 PM
25% can never be "only"

Gospodine
07-16-2012, 12:03 PM
I think it has nothing to do with Albanians in Macedonia.

They're just conservative and isolated and have had less exposure to Western materialism/consumerism and feminism than the other ex-Yugoslav nations.

In Bosnia, it may have something to do with Islam but even in the Yugoslav era when secularism was at an all-time high, divorce was still a rare occurrence.

iNird
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM

They're just conservative and isolated and have had less exposure to Western materialism/consumerism and feminism than the other ex-Yugoslav nations.

In Bosnia, it may have something to do with Islam but even in the Yugoslav era when secularism was at an all-time high, divorce was still a rare occurrence.

It prob has to do with albanian population. If you look at the statistics provided by the government Albanians represent something like 30 to 40 percent of newlyweds.

PS forget that 25% figure medvjed ;)

As for Bosnian, no way we are more religious than you. We have heroes of different faiths and our religion is not nearly as intertwined with our identity.

:coffee:

dralos
07-16-2012, 02:36 PM
true alboz from macedonia can never be as religious as bosniaks who's whoe identity is based on religion LOL

Vojnik
07-16-2012, 02:39 PM

For Macedonians, divorce is seen as a disgrace not only to the individuals involved, but also to their families. But this frame of mind is not only for Macedonians in Macedonia, but also Macedonians from the diaspora.

Grizzly
07-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Not true mate. Alot of Albanians in Macedonian have traveled, worked or studied abroad. Many Albanians have family members living in Western Europe so it's not like the West is some uncharted land for us.

angelineflin
11-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Divorce is the final termination of a marital union, canceling the legal duties and responsibilities of marriage and dissolving the bonds of matrimony between the parties. Divorce laws vary considerably around the world, but in most countries it requires the sanction of a court or other authority in a legal process. Divorce is typically a painful process for all concerned. While it can take adults time to regain psychological equilibrium, whether or not children ever recover a stable perspective continues to be debated. Post-divorce hostility between adults, in addition to directly harming kids, is a sure indicator that the emotional split is incomplete.

Anusiya
11-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Of course they have the lowest divorce rates. They don't know what a divorce is. :D

angelineflin
11-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Divorce is a legal act that may not always coincide with a couple's emotional tearing asunder. Divorce is typically a painful process for all concerned. While it can take adults time to regain psychological equilibrium, whether or not children ever recover a stable perspective continues to be debated. Post-divorce hostility between adults, in addition to directly harming kids, is a sure indicator that the emotional split is incomplete. Leaving the legal issues in the hands of an attorney is the best way for an individual to work on coping with the emotional strains of a divorce (http://509criminallawyers.com/); it is the priority of a divorce lawyer to work through the legal and non-legal concerns so your focus can remain on yourself and your family.

Vojnik
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Of course they have the lowest divorce rates. They don't know what a divorce is. :D

No, we know what it is. It's because our people have morals and strong Christian values, which is why you will see such a low divorce rate. Whats wrong with that?

Midori
11-09-2012, 02:59 AM
No, we know what it is. It's because our people have morals and strong Christian values, which is why you will see such a low divorce rate. Whats wrong with that?

That's nothing to be proud of. It's a sign of backwardness and lagging behind the rest of the world.

But seriously, the low divorce rate is just a result of almost 30% of the Macedonian population being Muslim.

Vojnik
11-09-2012, 04:48 AM
That's nothing to be proud of. It's a sign of backwardness and lagging behind the rest of the world.

But seriously, the low divorce rate is just a result of almost 30% of the Macedonian population being Muslim.

How is having a low divorce rate a sign of "backwardness"? Are you trying to say that the destructiveness of a family through divorce that's carried out by two individuals a sign of advancement for a nation? If being against divorce is backward, then I am very backward.

Divorces by ethnicity in 2011:

Macedonians: 992
Albanians: 493
Turks: 30
Roma: 123
Vlach: 3
Serbs: 34
Bosniaks: 15

That's not alot of divorces considering Macedonians are a majority and predominantly Orthodox Christian. So it's not really entirely because of the high Muslim population that Macedonia is among the lowest divorce rates in Europe.

Predominately Orthodox Christian/Christian ethnicities by number of divorce:

Predominantly Muslim ethnicities:

Source:
http://www.stat.gov.mk/Publikacii/2.4.12.07.pdf

Midori
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
If being against divorce is backward, then I am very backward.

Yes, you are backward.

Better to divorce and move on than fight and be unhappy for the rest of your life.

Methmatician
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Better to divorce and move on than fight and be unhappy for the rest of your life.

Why do you assume that married people are constantly fighting? Doesn't that sound pessimistic to you?

Midori
11-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Why do you assume that married people are constantly fighting? Doesn't that sound pessimistic to you?

I meant those who are unhappily married. There are lots of them in Macedonia, just like everywhere else in the world.

Vojnik
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes, you are backward.

Typical 21st century woman. "Move on, be happy, there's plenty of men out there to have sex with". Once you get married and start a family, the morally correct thing to do is stick with the marriage for the sake of the household, for the children.

Ako ne si spremna za brak, ne se vencaj.

Methmatician
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I meant those who are unhappily married. There are lots of them in Macedonia, just like everywhere else in the world.

Why do you think there are as many unhappy married coupled in Macedonia as there are in the Western world? Some countries have happier couples, others don't.

Midori
11-10-2012, 03:25 AM
^Because I live there, so I know what it's like.

Typical 21st century woman. "Move on, be happy, there's plenty of men out there to have sex with". Once you get married and start a family, the morally correct thing to do is stick with the marriage for the sake of the household, for the children.

Nah, that's not how I view things. I just think divorce is the right thing to do sometimes, for the sake of both people.

Ako ne si spremna za brak, ne se vencaj.

Немам намера да стапувам во брак.

Vojnik
11-10-2012, 05:46 AM

Зошто?

Archduke
11-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Ето за това Македония ще бъде третата албанска държава на Балканите. :)