PDA

View Full Version : Is peace in the Balkans even possible?

poiuytrewq0987
07-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Is it even possible for true peace to be achieved in the Balkans? For peoples in the region to stop hating each others and learn to get along? For countries to start treating others with dignity and respect? I would like to see something close to mutual respect and friendly relations between all Balkan countries. This blind hatred of a certain country because of a certain historical reason has to stop. We build our own future... not our ancestors who may have made a mistake or two.

Crn Volk
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Is it even possible for true peace to be achieved in the Balkans? For peoples in the region to stop hating each others and learn to get along? For countries to start treating others with dignity and respect? I would like to see something close to mutual respect and friendly relations between all Balkan countries. This blind hatred of a certain country because of a certain historical reason has to stop. We build our own future... not our ancestors who may have made a mistake or two.

Economic prosperity would go along way towards helping achieve peace. We are all Balkanites with much more in common, then our differences :)

Methmatician
07-18-2012, 01:47 AM
I guess if you killed everyone there.

Drawing-slim
07-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Doesnt this tell you somthing dusan?:D
The world knows you macedonian serbs so well, even a possitive suggestion no one is dumb enough to take you serious.

Absinthe
07-18-2012, 07:18 AM
This thread coming from you especially, is very funny. After 5 dozens of provocative threads made solely to express your hatred towards "nea-Hellenes" -or, -insert random Balkan ethnicity here, depending on Dusan's current identity- you start one wondering whether peace in the Balkans is possible.

No, and it's because of people like you that it isn't possible.

Coming to a forum with the sole intent of provoking, trolling, bickering and letting it out on complete strangers whose lives and troubles you know nothing about, simply because you need someone to pick on because you're bored.

Many of those are not necessarily negatively predisposed towards the ethnicity that you represent, but because you start treating them like shit on the first sight of the flag on their profile, they become hostile and resentful towards you and your ethnicity in return.
You and dralos are such examples. Each in his own fashion is a member here only to provoke and have a laugh at angering people. He comes across as criminally low-brow and uneducated, whereas - I have to give it to you - your trolling is much more elaborate and calculated. But then again, you are not even from the Balkans (which kind of explains it).

But the fact remains - in the Balkans there is (and will always be) a number of narrow-minded bigots who will blame their own shortcomings on others.
This may happen on an individual or a collective level.

Example of such a delusion on the individual level:
I can't get a job because the Albanians have taken all the jobs.

Example of such a delusion on the collective level:
We, the -X- nation, are underdeveloped and left behind because the Greeks are suppressing us and keeping us down.

And having said that, of course I am not excluding Greeks from this mentality. There are as many Greeks who think this way as there are other Balkanites.

In the bottom line, the effect of this mentality has negative effects on one's own nation first and foremost. By being a bigoted idiot and a blind "nationalist" without adequate rationale about it, you are hurting your own country first, and second the so-called "peace in the Balkans".

In your case, of course, you're hurting only yourself, because the Balkans you only see on Youtube from where you're standing. ;)

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Many of those are not necessarily negatively predisposed towards the ethnicity that you represent, but because you start treating them like shit on the first sight of the flag on their profile, they become hostile and resentful towards you and your ethnicity in return.

You and dralos are such examples. Each in his own fashion is a member here only to provoke and have a laugh at angering people. He comes across as criminally low-brow and uneducated, whereas - I have to give it to you - your trolling is much more elaborate and calculated. But then again, you are not even from the Balkans (which kind of explains it).

Every single of your post about Balkans or Macedonia always seem to be dripping with personal attacks towards me. :rotfl: I know you're butthurt about my Macedonian heritage but denying it outright isn't going to change anything. :thumb001: