PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Y-DNA Haplogroup?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Psychonaut
06-20-2009, 07:06 PM
For those of you who have been tested yourself, or have a male relative who's been tested, what's your y-DNA Haplogroup?

I'm R1a1, but it's a very rare type. The only 12-marker matches with zero steps are a handful of Louisianians who share my surname. At one step there are only two people on ysearch (http://www.ysearch.org/) who come up as one step matchs, a Polish fellow and a Norwegian.

Here (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml) is some general information on y-DNA haplogroups and their frequencies in Europe.

Goidelic
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm R1b but of the British Isles variant. My highest frequency results were in Ireland. That makes sense considering my paternal side is Irish.

Ćmeric
06-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Based on results posted at familytreedna (http://www.familytreedna.com), I would appear to be R1b1b2a1a. Most common in the Netherlands at 37%, 21% in England.

Loki
06-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I'd love to get a test done, hopefully soon. I've seen a study that showed that R1b and I1 are by far the most common among Afrikaner men.

Barreldriver
06-21-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm still waiting for mine to be processed, but if my cousin Don is right about our suspected relation to the Reeder's/Reader's of Terrington St. Clement in Norfolk, England, my haplogroup may be I2b1, that would mean our family migrated North from Norfolk to Yorkshire, but this is all speculation right now, SMGF is taking their jolly ole time with my results.

Brännvin
06-21-2009, 02:39 AM
I tested last year,

y-DNA Haplogroup I1-N

mtDNA haplogroup H

Lenny
06-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Here (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml) is some general information on y-DNA haplogroups and their frequencies in Europe.
Nice website.

I'll offer these following observations I had of it:

For those looking for a "Turkey is not European" weapon, their R1b+R1a+I only comes to 28%...
All other European countries have [R1b+R1a+I] super-majorities (usually approaching 75% - Iceland has 98%!).
There are three exceptions to the above rule...
Firstly, Albania. Their R1b+R1a+I is only 48%; most of the rest seems to come from nonEuropean Islamic settlers after the conversion of the Albanians.
Secondly, Greece. If one wants to know what kind of damage was done to Greece by the centuries of Ottoman rule (and to some extent their imperialism in the disatant past): Their [R1b+R1a+I] is 39.5% (they also have some Hellenic-only markers; but Middle-Eastern Y-lines seem to predominate).
Finally, Finland. The majority carry the Finnic-N. (It's been well established that 90%+ of Finnic genetics is European and the rest is old-Siberian... hence the slight lappoid tendencies of some Finnish people).
Back to Turkey-- If one considers Turkey to be European based on this metric, one would have to likewise consider Syria to be European, as their [R1b+R1a+I] is 28.5%. Iraq's is comparable, too, at 22%. Iran's is 26%. (Iran also curiously has 2.5% of the Finnic N...)
For those looking for a "Southern Italy is not fully European" weapon:

[R1b+R1a+I] Frequency in Northern Italy - 69.5%
[R1b+R1a+I] Frequency in Central Italy - 56.5%
[R1b+R1a+I] Frequency in Southern Italy - 39%
Although the proto-Germanic/Nordic "I" was always a European grouping going back to the pre-IceAge (http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7463/europehaplogroups2.jpg), it seems they usually tended towards being a ruling caste and not the peasantry, so they usually had fewer children than the surrounding R1'ers, thus their gene frequency is lower overall.

Bloodeagle
06-21-2009, 06:53 AM
I got my 67 dys ydna test performed earlier this year. It took over 4 months to get my full results.
The geneticists could not reliably predict my haplotype by comparison with other users dys markers. So my results required a snp assurance test to be performed.
I was confirmed as Haplotype R1a1.
My closest match was from a chap in Maryland who carry's a variant of my surname.
My particular version of R1a1.
R1a Haplotype #3

The haplotype below is very common for an R1a. Since its highest levels occur among

Norwegians and Swedes, it's clearly of Viking origin.
19 389i 389ii 390 391 392 393 385a 385b
15 13 30 25 10 11 13 11 14
Geographical Locale
%
Louisiana [Hispanic-American] 3.33
Oslo, Norway 3.03
Baranya, Southern Hungary [Romani] 2.56
Vasterbotten, Sweden 2.44
Bulgaria 1.64
Maryland [European-American] 1.56
Cabinda, Angola 1.33
Dusseldorf, Westphalia 1.33
Kiev, Ukraine 1.22
Moscow, Western Russia 1.18
Gdansk, Northern Poland 1.10
Madgeburg, Saxony-Anhalt 1.06
Budapest, Hungary 1.02
Berlin, Brandenburg .91
Ljubljana, Slovenia .83
London, England [Asian] .75
Lublin, Eastern Poland .74
Zagreb, Croatia .67
Stuttgart, Baden-Wurrtemberg .65
Andulacia, Southern Spain .61
Chemnitz, Saxony .61
Central Portugal .54
Rostock, Mecklenburg .49
Greifswald, Pomerania .48
Freiburg, Baden-Wurttemberg .46
Tyrol, Western Austria .44
Warsaw, Central Poland .42
Munich, Bavaria .40
Leipzig, Saxony .15
Source:http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gallgaedhil/haplo_r1a.htm

I'm R1a1, but it's a very rare type. The only 12-marker matches with zero steps are a handful of Louisianians who share my surname.

I wonder if these Hispanic Louisianians in my category might be related to your Louisiana matches, Psychonaut?

Psychonaut
06-21-2009, 08:56 AM
I wonder if these Hispanic Louisianians in my category might be related to your Louisiana matches, Psychonaut?

That's a possibility. I've mentioned before that my surname was only recently Gallicized. My paternal line stems from a fellow from the Canary Islands who came to Louisiana in the early 1700s. So, my surname is a Gallicized version of his Spanish surname. However, the plot gets thicker. I hired a professional genealogist who lives on the island my ancestor came from (La Gomera) to do some digging for me. Apparently only adopted that particular surname in the late 1500s. Prior to that my male line stemmed from a fellow with the completely unrelated surname of either Lorenzo/Lawrence/Laurence/etc. It's a bit tricky to tell whether this fellow was Spanish, French or English (all of which are entirely possible for that particular island) because the Spanish of that period had a horrible habit of "translating" foreign names into Spanish. So, although my ancestor's name is listed on his marriage certificate as Francisco Lorenzo, it very well could've been Francis Lawrence, which my genealogist found referenced elsewhere during the same time period. But, my line aside, there were probably several Spanish men bearing the R1a1 haplogroup (which probably stems from the Norman crew of Jean de Bethancourt who settled the island chain) who came on board the same ship as my ancestor. :thumbs up

Bloodeagle
06-21-2009, 09:31 AM
That's a possibility. I've mentioned before that my surname was only recently Gallicized. My paternal line stems from a fellow from the Canary Islands who came to Louisiana in the early 1700s. So, my surname is a Gallicized version of his Spanish surname. However, the plot gets thicker. I hired a professional genealogist who lives on the island my ancestor came from (La Gomera) to do some digging for me. Apparently only adopted that particular surname in the late 1500s. Prior to that my male line stemmed from a fellow with the completely unrelated surname of either Lorenzo/Lawrence/Laurence/etc. It's a bit tricky to tell whether this fellow was Spanish, French or English (all of which are entirely possible for that particular island) because the Spanish of that period had a horrible habit of "translating" foreign names into Spanish. So, although my ancestor's name is listed on his marriage certificate as Francisco Lorenzo, it very well could've been Francis Lawrence, which my genealogist found referenced elsewhere during the same time period. But, my line aside, there were probably several Spanish men bearing the R1a1 haplogroup (which probably stems from the Norman crew of Jean de Bethancourt who settled the island chain) who came on board the same ship as my ancestor. :thumbs up

Boy, Spain is as deep R1b1 as it gets. I am sure you have cross checked the Laurence name with your results.
Personally my closest matches are all English and I have no matches to Lawrence or its derivatives.
My distant French matches are: Leblanc, De Hullu, White, Martin, Reel.
My distant Spanish matches are:Jose Luis
Last Name: Gonzalez
Year Born: About 1804
Year Died:
Country of Origin: Canary Island, Spain

Psychonaut
06-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Boy, Spain is as deep R1b1 as it gets. I am sure you have cross checked the Laurence name with your results.
Personally my closest matches are all English and I have no matches to Lawrence or its derivatives.
My distant French matches are: Leblanc, De Hullu, White, Martin, Reel.
My distant Spanish matches are:Jose Luis
Last Name: Gonzalez
Year Born: About 1804
Year Died:
Country of Origin: Canary Island, Spain

That fits. I had a feeling that R1a1 from an "Hispanic" in Louisiana would have to be a Canary Islander. :thumbs up

Allenson
06-22-2009, 03:24 PM
R1b1c9 for yours truly.

My paternal line goes to eastern Scotland (Fowlis Wester, Perthshire) and my markers line up pretty well with that part of the world. In this case anyway, the paper trail & the genetic trail seem to correlate. :)

quotablepatella
07-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Mine is I1.

Angantyr
07-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I am a G2*, a very unlikely haplogroup for me. However, all of my uncles on my mother's side are I1.

My mtDNA is U5a2.

Osweo
07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm R1b but of the British Isles variant. My highest frequency results were in Ireland. That makes sense considering my paternal side is Irish.
That's almost bound to be mine, but I haven't had the test. I just doubt that it'll tell me anything more than common sense will.

Or am I wrong - is the Kildare region likely to be more varied than I think?

I'm still waiting for mine to be processed, but if my cousin Don is right about our suspected relation to the Reeder's/Reader's of Terrington St. Clement in Norfolk, England, my haplogroup may be I2b1, that would mean our family migrated North from Norfolk to Yorkshire, but this is all speculation right now, SMGF is taking their jolly ole time with my results.
Norfolk and Humberside? Sounds to me like some brothers in Gudrum's army who settled in different parts of the Danelaw, is all.

R1b1c9 for yours truly.

My paternal line goes to eastern Scotland (Fowlis Wester, Perthshire)
Dear Darling Tabitha used to wax lyrical about that place! I forget if you went there in particular last time you came over, but here's a link she sent me:
http://www.scottish-towns.co.uk/perthshire/fowlis-wester/

I still have the photo of her hugging the Pictish Stone from there... ;)

Allenson
07-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Dear Darling Tabitha used to wax lyrical about that place! I forget if you went there in particular last time you came over, but here's a link she sent me:
http://www.scottish-towns.co.uk/perthshire/fowlis-wester/

I still have the photo of her hugging the Pictish Stone from there... ;)

Yes, I went there right before we all met up in Glasgow. It was a very nice area right at the line between the lowlands and the highlands. :thumbs up

I'm not sure exactly where they lived in/around Fowlis Wester but I have birth & marriage records that have them as listed "in the Parish of Fowlis Wester" which covers a fair bit more geography than just the village.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2830734669_2e490a629b.jpg

I miss Tabs. :(

Barreldriver
07-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Norfolk and Humberside? Sounds to me like some brothers in Gudrum's army who settled in different parts of the Danelaw, is all.

Well, call me GudrumgottinhimmelssonverDanlaghthingy. :P

Psychonaut
07-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I am a G2*, a very unlikely haplogroup for me. However, all of my uncles on my mother's side are I1.

My mtDNA is U5a2.

If you take a look at the French Canadian DNA Database (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416), G and G2a are not uncommon among our people.

Barreldriver
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Here's mine:

R1b1b2*-M269

On that note, I think it would be cool for there to be a Y-DNA and mtDNA slot on our profiles.

Angantyr
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
If you take a look at the French Canadian DNA Database (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416), G and G2a are not uncommon among our people.

Good site. :thumbs up

Nevertheless, G2* is not unheard of in Europe, but it is rare.

Germanicus
07-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I haven't been tested, but looking around me i appear like the rest of the mongrels of Europe here in Britain.....R1b 11

Angantyr
07-17-2009, 10:51 PM
I haven't been tested, but looking around me i appear like the rest of the mongrels of Europe here in Britain.....R1b 11

I am probably one of the palest people on the board and yet I belong to yDNA haplogroup G2*, a Caucasian haplogroup. Sadly, you cannot guess a haplogroup by comparing phenotypes.

On the other hand, my mtDNA is U5a2c, a very typically Saami haplogroup and geographically very distantly located from the Caucasus.

Germanicus
07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I am probably one of the palest people on the board and yet I belong to yDNA haplogroup G2*, a Caucasian haplogroup. Sadly, you cannot guess a haplogroup by comparing phenotypes.

On the other hand, my mtDNA is U5a2c, a very typically Saami haplogroup and geographically very distantly located from the Caucasus.

Yes i understand this, but it would very much surprise me if it were found out that i was not R1b 11

Angantyr
07-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Yes i understand this, but it would very much surprise me if it were found out that i was not R1b 11

Before I did my test, I was betting on I1.

Sarmata
07-18-2009, 04:58 AM
For those of you who have been tested yourself, or have a male relative who's been tested, what's your y-DNA Haplogroup?

I'm R1a1, but it's a very rare type. The only 12-marker matches with zero steps are a handful of Louisianians who share my surname. At one step there are only two people on ysearch (http://www.ysearch.org/) who come up as one step matchs, a Polish fellow and a Norwegian.

What a supprise R1a1 it's rather rare haplogroup amongst Western-Europeans in general...

Barreldriver
07-20-2009, 12:12 AM
My type of R1b is odd, R1b1b2 M269, I cannot accurately determine a source population, and how they came to Yorkshire.

From what I understand M269 is pretty much present all over Europe, so perhaps it is the "generic" European type?

Read this tidbit on wiki:

"Although the precise route of the M269 marker is not known, it has been theorized to originate in Central Asia/South Central Siberia."

"This subgroup is believed by some to have existed before the last Ice Age and has been associated with the Aurignacian culture."

Sooooo, hmmmm. I am an authentic UP person then? :D UP physical type, UP paternal DNA. :P

I've been searching FTDNA, and R1b1b2 M269 is a very significant result among the Irish regional project (the largest result group actually).

Barreldriver
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
My type of R1b is odd, R1b1b2 M269, I cannot accurately determine a source population, and how they came to Yorkshire.

From what I understand M269 is pretty much present all over Europe, so perhaps it is the "generic" European type?

Read this tidbit on wiki:

"Although the precise route of the M269 marker is not known, it has been theorized to originate in Central Asia/South Central Siberia."

"This subgroup is believed by some to have existed before the last Ice Age and has been associated with the Aurignacian culture."

Sooooo, hmmmm. I am an authentic UP person then? :D UP physical type, UP paternal DNA. :P

I've been searching FTDNA, and R1b1b2 M269 is a very significant result among the Irish regional project (the largest result group actually).

Ach, I cracked the puzzle, my type of R1b is most found in Western Europe, and is "Italo-Celto-Anatolian", meaning that it is most frequent among Italo, Celto, and Anatolian populations. Given that I received it via Yorkshire, it is logical to assume an ancient Yorkshire Celto connection. :D

Been doing some reading. :D

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml#R1b

Barreldriver
07-22-2009, 11:21 PM
I've been searching for matches on genetree, and all my matches seem to revolve around people who's main paternal ancestor go back to England, Scotland, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, all R1b1b2 M269, the matches 72% and greater, my highest match is 80%.

So maybe my R1b1b2 M269 is a Germanic rather than Celtic one?

I do not match with any of the M222 Irish folk and such.

A Germanic R1b would also go along with my Yorkshire ancestry.

Osweo
07-23-2009, 12:28 AM
I've been searching for matches on genetree, and all my matches seem to revolve around people who's main paternal ancestor go back to England, Scotland, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, all R1b1b2 M269, the matches 72% and greater, my highest match is 80%.

So maybe my R1b1b2 M269 is a Germanic rather than Celtic one?

I do not match with any of the M222 Irish folk and such.

A Germanic R1b would also go along with my Yorkshire ancestry.

Just another Doggerlander... Speak to Dalton about it! :P

Barreldriver
07-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Just another Doggerlander... Speak to Dalton about it! :P

The Dogger Bank was pretty close to Yorkshire on a lateral p.o.v. specifically the East Riding region, where my family is from. :D This may explain the commonality of R1b1b2 M269 amongst the English, Scottish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish folks that I match with.

M269 coming into existence right at the end of the Upper Paleolithic would perhaps result in a Mesolithic Doggerland settlement having that haplogroup, though the last I heard the Doggerlander's were I2b, so not too sure on this one.

Osweo
07-23-2009, 12:51 AM
M269 coming into existence right at the end of the Upper Paleolithic would perhaps result in a Mesolithic Doggerland settlement having that haplogroup, though the last I heard the Doggerlander's were I2b, so not too sure on this one.

They will hardly ALL have been I2b. And we should also be thinking about Bell Beaker groups in the period after Doggerland had sunk away, too.

Barreldriver
07-23-2009, 01:02 AM
They will hardly ALL have been I2b. And we should also be thinking about Bell Beaker groups in the period after Doggerland had sunk away, too.

I'd say that I2b would have been more common among the Bell Beaker, at least that's the impression I got from Eupedia.

Then again, Eupedia also states that my type of R1b is of an ancient Celtic stock, which contradicts my matches with people who are "Germanic".

Then SNPedia states that M269 is Mesolithic Western European, and Doggerland was a Mesolithic Northwestern settlement. Sooooo, it's still up. M269 is found among the Frisians, who are possible Doggerland descendants, but they're M269 is further down the branch, the mutations of M269 that include M405/S21/U106. I have not tested positive for any of these, nor the Irish M222/M126/L2/S139/L21/S145/M39.

Just M269 for myself, so my group is the parent group/common ancestral group for both the Irish, Scots-Irish, Frisians, Anglo-Saxon R1b's, Alpine Celts, etc...

Allenson
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I've only had the 12 marker test so far. Curiously, with only 12 markers, I've matched up perfectly with several Lawsons from Scotland--although this is not my surname. Some of the Lawson researchers derive their surname origins to Laurence, Abbot of Achtow in Balquhidder Scotland....which, as coincidence would have it, is only 20 or so miles from the locale in Scotland where I know my Allens to have come from.

I recently ordered an upgrade to 25 markers, so we'll see where that take me next.

And, as a lesson in that mtDNA and Y chromosome tests only tell us a very small faction of our overall genetic make up, I've been sifting through the surname database at Yseach.org for the results other people have gotten who share other surnames in my tree. I've been of course finding lots of other R1bs but also, an equal amount of folks who fall into halpogroup I. I'm lucky in that many of my lines are fairly well reseached and I've come across people (Hortons, Ingersolls, Daltons to name a few) who descend from the same branches as I and I've been able to gleen that I am likely as much an "I" as I am an 'R1b"....if any of this make sence at all. ;)

Germanicus
08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Last week i looked on the web for a test but i found it too bloody expensive, if you know of a cheaper test let me know...:D

Allenson
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
On another note and one which might be an example of dispelling either myths of Native Americans in the woodpile or those fanciful PC types who aren't satisfied with their own heritage and try to latch onto the groovy vibes of being a Cherokee, I have this little tale to offer:

On my father's side, I descend from some colonial Newberrys (likely from Dorset in England) who settled near by to Boston way back around 1640. There is one researcher out there that is convinced that somehow, this family was actually Wampanaog Indian. Well, as it turns out, several Y-chromosome bearing Newberry men who can trace their ancestry back to this early settling family have all come out R1b. So there you have it. ;)

Barreldriver
08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm a bit annoyed about the wait to receive my results from Family Tree DNA that will shed more light on my R1b1b2 background.

FTDNA states that it takes 3-5 weeks for the tests to be done, however according to my account page, my results were sent to lab on the 12 of August, and my pending results state that my first 12 markers will be ready on Sept 25th, 44 days, so the first 12 markers are going to be nearly 2 weeks later than their claim, then the other two panels (I ordered a 37 marker test), won't be ready until October 9th, so that definitely exceeds the 3-5 week claim. :(

So 59 days total, a bit over 8 weeks. Total bull.

Rhobot
08-21-2009, 06:10 AM

I noticed that you are Quebecois, and I know that Alans (the linguistic ancestors of the Ossetians, apparently the modern population with the highest frequency of haplogroup G2) were settled in several areas of France during the late Roman period.

As for U5a mtDNA, I suspect that it was always found in low frequencies throughout Europe, but became common among the Saami and other Uralic ethnic groups because of a founder effect. People from that haplogroup were among the folks that moved north as the ice sheets retreated.

Liffrea
08-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Mine is R1b, which is the most common male haplogroup in the British Isles, however my particular allele sequence is also very rare and has no sub-clade. It doesn't exist in any of the Irish records, and apparently all R1b clades do, the only other match to mine comes from the Orkney Islands.

My maternal marker is J and, again, pretty rare, with three matches from the Scottish Highlands, East Anglia and Germany.

Poltergeist
08-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Haven't tested myself so far. Nor do I trust much the reliability of such tests. Maybe I do it some day, out of pure curiosity.

Barreldriver
08-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Mine is R1b, which is the most common male haplogroup in the British Isles, however my particular allele sequence is also very rare and has no sub-clade.

Mine had a similar situation, I did not fit into any of the modal haplotypes for R1b, my strongest matches were from England, Scotland, and a few from Belgium, there was one Irish lineage I had a close match with. (these matches following the rule of being off by no more than 4 markers out of 37).

The closest modal I was compared to was one of Ysearch called N.Britain/Ireland haplotype, though I was not a perfect fit for it. The owner of that page pointed out the peculiarities of my haplotype, but stated it is nonetheless R1b1b2, just a very peculiar YSTR sequence, I'm hoping FTDNA can get into a deeper clade, but that will not be complete until October 9th.

Liffrea
08-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lajos Kossuth
Nor do I trust much the reliability of such tests.

I believe the tests are reliable, at least I haven’t heard of cases where two different tests threw up two different resulting haplogroups but I think a lot is read into them, they do, after all, only test the one unbroken line of ancestral markers on a Y chromosome or within mtDNA, that’s just one out of thousands of ancestors you have, so I tend to ignore the “Celtic”, “Germanic”, “Slavic” slant that some geneticists give to these tests as they don’t necessarily indicate anything of the sort.

Bridie
08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Although the proto-Germanic/Nordic "I" was always a European grouping going back to the pre-IceAge, it seems they usually tended towards being a ruling caste and not the peasantry, so they usually had fewer children than the surrounding R1'ers, thus their gene frequency is lower overall.Actually, that theory is inconsistent with reality. :tongue Historically, men of the ruling classes were quite good at spreading their genes around. :wink Not only that, but this tendency of aristocratic or upper class families for having smaller than average families is a relatively modern phenomenon. In ancient times, the prosperous ruling classes would not only be able to have larger families due to the availability of domestic servants, wet nurses (allowing aristocratic women to regain fertility quicker after childbearing than those who would breastfeed for 2 or more years - as breastfeeding suppresses ovulation), nannies etc... but their infant mortality rate was lower too (obviously due to better nutrition, shelter, hygiene etc.)

If the "I" halogroup did not quickly become widespread and frequently found, it would rather indicate a lack of prosperity of the men/populations who possessed it.

Brännvin
08-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I am tested I1 and my country has the highest frequency of power I1 across Europe :tongue :D

Svarogstan
08-26-2009, 11:29 AM
This is my first post. I am confirmed I2a2.

Brännvin
08-31-2009, 12:21 PM

G and G2a, in ethnic French, can is connected to the Alanic hypothesis.

Migration to Gaul;

It has been hypothetised that G2a was brought to northern France and Belgium by the Alans, who traversed all continental Europe. G2a1 being the most common variety in the Caucasus nowadays, the fairly recent Alanic migration (from a genetic point of view) could have carried that particular subclade. In fact, G2a1 has been found all along the Alanic migration route (Hungary, France, Spain), as well as in Britain (Samartian element), but hardly anywhere else.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alans#Migration_to_Gaul)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Alani_map.jpg

Humanophage
10-14-2009, 01:09 AM
E1b1b1a2 (V-13) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E1b1b1a#E1b1b1a2_.28E-V13.29), the more or less Illyrian haplogroup. I'm still a bit cautious about the result. Not that it's that hard to believe, but it did come as a surprise - perchance a pleasant one due to its highly peculiar character and relative rarity. I'm not entirely certain how could it possibly appear where my oldest known ancestor used to live.

I'm mildly dismayed at how I am confined to voting for E1b1b, which is generally perceived as Middle Eastern and North African, in spite of my particular subclade making me cluster exclusively with Europeans (e.g., on ySearch in my vicinity I found 23 people from England, 9 from Ireland, 7 from Southern Germany and Austria, 6 from Italy, 4 from Scotland, 3 from Greece, 3 from Czech Rep., 2 from Bulgaria, etc.) Not a single surname or family history would point at them being foreign to Europe or to the region, except for a few Scots in England. What a predicament.

Stefan
10-14-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't know for sure, but my father's ancestry is in southwestern Europe so it is more than likely R1B. I think a paternal uncle of mine actually took the test when it was a "fad" to take them, but I didn't really ask what it was. I wonder, what is the age requirement for a test? I have the money, so I might just get it done. I'm sure my parents would let me. :)

Humanophage
10-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Having adjusted my results following instructions from specialists at Molecular Genetics (http://molgen.org/), I managed to find a perfect match (a South German) and two near-perfect ones (another South German and an Irishman). The former had only tested for 11 markers (I tested for 17), but I'm still quite impressed with the whole thing.

Time for a MtDNA test, and perhaps a 67-marker one due to the unusual nature of the haplogroup.

Aino
10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I voted for my father's haplogroup, N1c1. While this haplogroup is the most common one in Finland, the particular haplotype my father has seems to be rare. His closest matches so far are in England, Sweden, and among the Rurikid princes.

Osweo
10-25-2009, 12:34 AM
N1c1. ... among the Rurikid princes.

How odd! Who did they test to be so certain of this? Was there still much actual male-line unity among those claiming to be of Ryurik's line among the Russian nobility?

Aino
10-25-2009, 09:27 AM
How odd! Who did they test to be so certain of this? Was there still much actual male-line unity among those claiming to be of Ryurik's line among the Russian nobility?

They have tested descendants of Rurik from different family branches, such as the Smolensk, Yaroslav, Starodub, and Rostov branches. The first two descendants of Rurik that were tested were Prince Shahovskoi and Professor Gagarin. Their most recent common ancestor is Vladimir II Monomakh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_II_Monomakh), Grand Prince of Kiev in the 12th century.

The test results of these two and of the other people who have been tested show that they carry N1c1 and share a similar haplotype, which indicates descent from a shared ancestor. However, two princes of the Obolensk branch carry R1a1 instead and thus descend from a different ancestor.

You can read more about the project here:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/rurikid/default.aspx?section=news

Interestingly, descendants of the Lithuanian Gediminid rulers also carry N1c1, but they have a different haplotype, one with typically Baltic markers.

Why do you find it odd?

Pallantides
01-09-2010, 06:45 AM
R1b1b2a1a1*

(*) indicate that they are part of the main haplogroup but don't fit into any of the known subgroups.

Polako
01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm R1a1a. I'd like to know whether I'm R1a1a7 (M458) or some sort of R1a1a (xM458), but I don't see any point in buying an SNP test until European xM458 is broken down further.

kosmonomad
01-09-2010, 02:38 PM
And I am R1a1a all subclades tested negative.

Electronic God-Man
02-20-2010, 12:19 AM
R1b1b2*-M269 :coffee:

Allenson
02-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Welcome to the R1b club. Maybe we should make t-shirts & bumper stickers & stuff....?

I'm waiting on my deep clade results.... Due in March.

Don
03-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Too expensive for me now. And I fear they will use my DNA to make a terrible army of clones of myself and conquer the world with such a fearsome and unbeatable specimens... (mhhh that's not so bad after all)

Anyway, I would like know the subgroup, but I'm pretty sure I will be in the R1B1 group since my ancestors are all old Castilian breed with ancient celtiberian Navarre (read Basque here) male founder of my paternal lineage.

Poltergeist
03-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Mine is R1a.

I am Asiatic intruder into teh genetic Europe.

poiuytrewq0987
03-08-2010, 12:19 AM
E1b1b1a2.

<cite> Within Europe, E-V13 is especially common in the Balkans and some parts of Italy. In different studies, particularly high frequencies have been observed in Kosovar Albanians (45.6%) (Peričic et al. (2005)), Albanian speakers in the Republic of Macedonia (34.4% reported in Battaglia et al. (2008)), and in some parts of Greece (about 35% in some of the areas studied by King et al. (2008). More generally, high frequencies have also been found in other areas of Greece, and amongst Bulgarians, Romanians, Macedonians, and Serbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E1b1b1a</cite>

Reinhard
03-08-2010, 06:26 PM
how i can tested?With national geo. tool kit?

Äike
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
how i can tested?With national geo. tool kit?

I recommend this web page (https://www.23andme.com/).

Reinhard
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
too expensive nat.s only 99$

Pallantides
03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
too expensive nat.s only 99$

You will get much more out of a test from 23andMe or deCODEme than you will from the National Geographic one.

Allenson
05-03-2010, 05:28 PM
OK, so I finally got my deep clade results back. I've known for a couple years now that I'm R1b but now I have much better resolution on the matter. It turns out that I am:

R1b1b2a1b5

L21+
M222-
M37-
P66-

The fact that I am negative for the M222 marker puts me out of contention for being of the Nial of the Nine Hostages cluster. No worries. ;)

Stefan
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
When did I vote in here? Well can somebody change it to J2? Thank you.

Psychonaut
05-03-2010, 05:48 PM
It looks like the filthy R1bs have overtaken the noble R1as...

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/3866/original/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Bloodeagle
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
That would make The Apricity R1b1-centric!
If more of the Poles, Czechs,Hungarians, aka Slavs were to get tested we might resolve this issue.

But for now we are n****s hiding in the woodshed!:D

Thulsa Doom
05-03-2010, 06:19 PM
N1c1 :fhhorse:The Horde has arrivedhttp://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=786&albumid=102&dl=1256884949&thumb=1

Electronic God-Man
05-03-2010, 06:46 PM

R1b1b2a1a1

Allenson
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM
R1b1b2a1a1

Ah, so you're an S21/U106 flavor of R1b.

That's actually what I thought I was going to turn out to be based on one of the online predictors (http://members.bex.net/jtcullen515/haplotest.htm) but nope, L21 it is! :cool:

Osweo
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
ArR1ba, fellow native tR1besmen of the West!!!

Down with aR1an oppression!

(Anyone got any more of these acronym-puns? I love em! :p)

Electronic God-Man
05-03-2010, 10:49 PM
ArR1ba, fellow native tR1besmen of the West!!!

Down with aR1an oppression!

(Anyone got any more of these acronym-puns? I love em! :p)

You forgot R1bbet! and R1b-eye Steak. :D

mustangeroo
05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I belong to R1a1a.

My paternal line came to Virginia from England in the early 1600s. Appears to be a rare variety of R1a1a. No matches on ftDNA (www.familytreedna.com) or ysearch.org (www.ysearch.org). Nor do I match any of the types on the website Eburos sourced (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gallgaedhil/haplo_r1a.htm).

Pallantides
05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I must admit I was very disappointed to find out I was a subclade of R1b, I was hoping that I belonged to the noble N1c.

Treffie
06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
R1b1b2a1a1* here

Electronic God-Man
06-16-2010, 09:53 AM
R1baldry!

Pallantides
06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
R1b1b2a1a1* here

sup bro! :thumb001:

Liffrea
06-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Anyone know of any other matches to my R1b sequence?

DYS19 @ 14
DYS 388 @ 12
DYS 390 @ 22
DYS 391 @ 10
DYS 392 @ 12
DYS 393 @ 13
DYS 389i @ 09
DYS 389ii-i @ 17
DYS 425 @ 12
DYS 426 @ 11

I'm curious about it as the only exact match I have been put onto by the company I went with (Oxford Ancestors) is from the Orkney Islands and that it cannot be assigned an exact sub-clade. Unfortunately they do not give out personal details so I can't make enquiries that end with my genetic cousin. Others who have looked have claimed it doesn’t appear in any of the Irish records. I’m wondering given that my surname has a (son) prefix, which is Scandinavian and that the best evidence suggests it originates from Norman settlers in south-west Scotland, if this is a Norse marker.

Appreciate any help.:)

Bloodeagle
07-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I couldn't help but notice that over 28% of the R1b haplogroup have been banned from the forum.

I1 holds the second place with 20% being banned from the forum.

While 0% of the other haplogroups have succumbed to such a fate.

Perhaps more members should list there haplogroups on this poll so that conclusions can not be drawn against these belligerent members common haplogroup.:lightbul:

Psychonaut
07-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Hey, I'm not saying that I'd mind if us aR1ans get preferential treatment. :D

Bloodeagle
07-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey, I'm not saying that I'd mind if us aR1ans get preferential treatment. :D

People knew and still remember that we were the "noble ones" when we came across them.:D;)

Stygian Cellarius
07-29-2010, 02:27 AM
R1a1a*

I remember it as if it were yesterday....

I was waiting very impatiently, for weeks, for my results to be published. Checking my e-mailed every 20 minutes.

Then one day, I checked my inbox and saw an unopened email from 23andme. I was so excited. I felt like a child on Xmas morning.
So I rushed to open the email and followed the link to my 23andme home page, clicked on my paternal line page and couldn't believe my eyes. R1a1a!!! I was so surprised! I was quite pleased, to say the least. I was expecting R1b of course, but this R1a deal was just as good, perhaps even better!

Then I checked my maternal line and ancestry painting. Again, repeating a good deal of the process above. I felt.....blessed that day. :p

Óttar
07-29-2010, 02:29 AM
I1a, Vikings all day! :viking ship

Stygian Cellarius
07-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Hey, I'm not saying that I'd mind if us aR1ans get preferential treatment

People new and still remember that we were the "noble ones" when we came across them.:D;)

Damn right, we should get special treatment around here. In fact, that special treatment should expand a good deal more. :D

12-17-2010, 01:13 AM
N1c1 Finland , maybe some Swedes from the 15th century
via maternal male cousin

Äike
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
My Y-DNA haplogroup is R1a1a.

Osweo
01-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Maybe a passing Mod can put me among the pR1bileged few? Us Ancient tR1besmen of the West should stand and be counted among our brethren. :strokebeard:

poiuytrewq0987
01-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I couldn't help but notice that over 28% of the R1b haplogroup have been banned from the forum.

I1 holds the second place with 20% being banned from the forum.

While 0% of the other haplogroups have succumbed to such a fate.

Perhaps more members should list there haplogroups on this poll so that conclusions can not be drawn against these belligerent members common haplogroup.:lightbul:

So much for nigger members actin' out stereotype, none of us have gotten banned! :D

Don Brick
02-17-2011, 09:33 AM
My Y-DNA is I1. Not sure about the modal haplotype though. I1 Anglo-Saxon and I1 Ultra-Norse are ruled out so it´s some form of I1 Norse, either just I1 Norse or I1 Norse-Bothnia. :)

Ibericus
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
My haplogroup is R1b1b2a1a2d3*

Oreka Bailoak
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
My Y-DNA is R1b1b2a1a1* and I've traced it to Eastern England in the 1600's.

http://forums.skadi.net/photoplog/images/36788/large/1_me23andme.jpg
^ I also scored right in the middle of the German box. (or just under the small England box). I'm surprised how closely this matched my ancestry.

Olavsson
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
As in my signature, my Y-DNA haplogroup is R1b with the L21 mutation.
23andMe call it R1b1b2a1a2f*, but I've seen that FamilyTreeDNA and Y-search operates with another name.

TheCelt
04-19-2011, 12:54 PM
R1b and waiting on my subclade test results. should be ready by no later than next week (i hope).

d3cimat3d
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
g2a5 from Kvaisi, South Ossetia.

Efim45
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
R1a1a, from 23andme. I have traced this line to an Ivan Ivanovich back in 1791 in the Vyatka Region of Russia.

Sicilianu101
05-12-2011, 06:02 AM
I am E1b1b (have not tested the subclade yet). I am 100% Sicilian.. Lenny says "•For those looking for a "Southern Italy is not fully European" weapon:◦[R1b+R1a+I] Frequency in Northern Italy - 69.5%
◦[R1b+R1a+I] Frequency in Central Italy - 56.5%
◦[R1b+R1a+I] Frequency in Southern Italy - 39%."
Europe is a diverse region, and really just amounts to a geographic mass, just as Asia & Africa. The reality is that everything in Genetics exists in Clines & so naturally if you define "European" as being descended from Paleolithic hunter-gatherers then call me a mixed European, but the reality is that everyone is mixed to some extent and we should be more tolerant of this and realize that most reality exists in the gray area of the spectrum.

Odoacer
06-02-2011, 08:29 AM
E1b1b, specifically E1b1b1a2* [E-V13].

dogwolf
07-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I2b1 (National Geographic Genographic Project)

Patron Saint
07-27-2011, 04:36 AM
my Y-DNA is R1b1b2a1a2f*
I was told it is called L21 which is common on the British Isles, France and Norther Spain. I am thinking mine is the Iberian version.

curoi
07-27-2011, 01:10 PM
My y-DNA Haplogroup: J2a4b*

Damboriena
08-06-2011, 12:17 AM
R1b1b2a1a2c.

Damiăo de Góis
08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm R1b1b2a1a2

Rochefaton
08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
My haplogroup is R1b1b2a1a2d3*

Same here. Isn't R-L2* rather rare in Iberia?

Marino
08-07-2011, 05:22 PM
E1b1b1a2* (E-V13)

Wuotan
10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm I1*. Apparently I have some odd STR markers so I'm not sure if I fall into the Norse or Anglo-Saxon groupings. I have no subclade home to call my own :(

xor eax, eax
10-31-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm an R1b1b2a1a2f (R-L21). Honestly, I'm a bit surprised nobody else here shares my haplogroup. Based on my understanding, it's most common in Ireland, although my father's side identifies as German. I've heard people claim that R-L21 are Celts, although I've also seen this disputed. That said, my father looks like a prototypical Celt.

Loki
10-31-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm an R1b1b2a1a2f (R-L21). Honestly, I'm a bit surprised nobody else here shares my haplogroup. Based on my understanding, it's most common in Ireland, although my father's side identifies as German. I've heard people claim that R-L21 are Celts, although I've also seen this disputed. That said, my father looks like a prototypical Celt.

Let me just say that your Y-DNA marker makes up a very small percentage of your total DNA and it wouldn't have any effect whatsoever on phenotype - so your father's looks wouldn't have anything to do with that.

xor eax, eax
10-31-2011, 06:32 AM
Let me just say that your Y-DNA marker makes up a very small percentage of your total DNA and it wouldn't have any effect whatsoever on phenotype - so your father's looks wouldn't have anything to do with that.
Interesting... I know embarrassingly little about genetics. While I claim Celtic heritage, I do so based on inference from my haplogroup, ancetry finder matches, and my father's appearance. Maybe I should not do so without being more certain.

xor eax, eax
10-31-2011, 06:34 AM
I just realized there are other L21s here. I haven't gone through this entire thread, and searching for my haplogroup yielded nothing, so I mistakenly assumed I was the only one here. :embarrassed

The Alchemist
10-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Don't know :(

Logan
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Don't know :(

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml

:)

Tarja
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I've convinced my Dad to get a 23andMe test, so I'll find out soon! I'm excited about it. :D

Artek
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm currently waiting for the results.
I should know them after 11th of November ;D

Wuotan
11-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Agreed for the most part but so far there does seem to be a correlation between I1 and fair featured phenotypes. This of course is to be expected.

mickcollin
11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
The so called 'atlantic gene' dominates the male gene pool in the British Isles,with I1(a) subclass m-253 a distant second.

I live in the US and the tiresome use of anglo saxon white male is completely erroneous. In fact,most English men share the same Y chromosome as their Irish brothers. So much for the difference perceived between the two countries. There is very little genetic difference.

The mtdna which is primarily haplogroup H is the same when comparing Ireland and England.

I will say though that there is definitely an Irish 'look' which differentiates the two countries.

mickcollin
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I posted too quickly because I also wanted to say that the anglo saxon influence,although immense culturally,etc certainly didn't change the genetic make up of the Isles.

HungAryan
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
R1a

Artek
11-10-2011, 05:22 PM
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6553/mojahaplooo.jpg

R1a1a*. I haven't made an additional test for specific subclades.

lI
11-10-2011, 07:38 PM
My father & the fathers of my grandmothers are R1a which is the most common haplogroup in my home country. My maternal grandfather is R1b.

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/smurkst/linkus/yhaplogroupsoflithuanians.jpg

zlakopistou
01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
E1b1b1* from Moldavia (non-slav and non-Turk)

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Y-DNA is for the father's side of the family right? If so, what are the most frequent haplogroups of the Marche and Calabria regions of Italy?

This would only be a rough guess since I don't want to pay for genetic testing.

Northern_Sun
01-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Y-DNA is for the father's side of the family right? If so, what are the most frequent haplogroups of the Marche and Calabria regions of Italy?

This would only be a rough guess since I don't want to pay for genetic testing.

Come on, you can spare 200 american dollars! :D
I'm going to get my brother to do one! :p

TheBorrebyViking
01-26-2012, 03:34 AM

273 dollars for the Year sub I think.

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 03:37 AM

That's pretty damn expensive just to find out genealogy. These should be done for free.

Northern_Sun
01-26-2012, 03:37 AM
273 dollars for the Year sub I think.

It's down to $207 (Includes 1-year subscription) on 23andMe.

Neanderthal
01-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Don't know yet, but it probably gonna be R1b, so why waste money on it?

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 03:42 AM
I'm going to go for a solid guess of R1a for mtDna and R1b for Y-DNA. Where is r1b common in Europe?

Artek
01-26-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm going to go for a solid guess of R1a for mtDna and R1b for Y-DNA. Where is r1b common in Europe?
R1a is Y-DNA (this one inherited by men from their fathers)
Here you've got mtDNA
http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/mtdna-haplogroup-chart.gif

Pallantides
01-26-2012, 08:17 AM
There is also an mtDNA haplogroup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R_(mtDNA)

R1a* (3337): Found in Brahmins from Uttar Pradesh (India).[5] Also in Adygei people (Caucasus).
R1a1: Found in Northwest Caucasian people like Kabardins and Adygei people. Observed in eastern European populations like northwestern Russians and Poles.

Maybe LightInDarkness is part Brahimn on his maternal side :D

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
I doubt that :rolleyes:

Mortimer
01-26-2012, 06:39 PM
E3b ydna

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
There is also an mtDNA haplogroup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R_(mtDNA)

R1a* (3337): Found in Brahmins from Uttar Pradesh (India).[5] Also in Adygei people (Caucasus).
R1a1: Found in Northwest Caucasian people like Kabardins and Adygei people. Observed in eastern European populations like northwestern Russians and Poles.

Maybe LightInDarkness is part Brahimn on his maternal side :D

It would probably be R1a1 than :P

Nobody in my family looks Indian.

Odoacer
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
That's pretty damn expensive just to find out genealogy. These should be done for free.

Why ... ?

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Because it's what would be fair. People deserve to know about their history free of charge. I think modern day science owes it to the people who discovered it.

Odoacer
01-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Because it's what would be fair. People deserve to know about their history free of charge. I think modern day science owes it to the people who discovered it.

It wasn't "free" to develop the techniques necessary to decipher human DNA, not is it "free" to utilize those techniques today. The scientists who provide this service should not be expected to do it free of charge - that would not be fair. You either have other priorities for spending money, which is fine, or else you are just cheap. :)

LightInDarkness
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
It wasn't "free" to develop the techniques necessary to decipher human DNA, not is it "free" to utilize those techniques today. The scientists who provide this service should not be expected to do it free of charge - that would not be fair. You either have other priorities for spending money, which is fine, or else you are just cheap. :)

That's a bullshit excuse. There's no reason why it should be 200$ expensive. Maybe 75 a person. I'd even understand 100. But 200?

That's fucking ridiculous.

Odoacer
01-26-2012, 08:50 PM
That's a bullshit excuse. There's no reason why it should be 200$ expensive. Maybe 75 a person. I'd even understand 100. But 200?

That's fucking ridiculous.

23andMe provides the kit at $99, which gives you both paternal DNA haplogroups (if you're a male, of course), your autosomal DNA results, & health information, provided you also purchase a 1-year subscription to their Personal Genome Service (through which you are given updates on their research & through which you are able to connect with potential relatives on the basis of similar DNA) for another $9/month, or you can prepay the Personal Genome Service subscription at $106. This is not expensive for what's provided. FamilyTreeDNA starts at $169 for YDNA, $159 for MtDNA, & $289 for the whole shebang.

LightInDarkness
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Hmmm. R1a/B seem to be the most popular. I'm guessing I'll end up being R1b.

Piparskeggr
02-05-2012, 09:32 PM
E1b1b1c1 (E-M34) - Which according to 23andMe shows up in Sephardic and Ashkenazi paternal lines, which come as no surprise as my Paternal Grandfather's Paternal grandfather was a Lithuanian Jew of German Jew descent on his paternal side.

Looking at some of the online information about this Haplogroup and the Subclade, it very well looks like I can trace my direct paternal line to the Eastern side of the Dead Sea in Palestine (the ancient Kingdom of Moab).

Kanuni
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
J2b2 which is around 17-25 % at Albanians and is associated with Neolithic Greece.

The Journeyman
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
^ Keep telling yourself that Turk :lmao:

Kanuni
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
^Keep your complexes for yourself faggot nobody was talking to you?

MandM
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
well he is right J is a Middle Eastern haplogroup

MandM
02-05-2012, 10:12 PM
but they dont know the mutation founding the J2b subclade might have originated in Greece or in Anatolia

Graham
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
23andme has me at R-L21*, I probably belong to this group. Where the Surname Little is. L193
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R-L21-1113Combo/default.aspx?section=results

Origins:
R-L513 appears to have a wider scope than just the British Isles. Several TMRCA estimates give it most recent common ancestor mostly likely dates of around 200 B.C. This would be during the La Tene Celt era and the times leading up to expansion of the Roman Empire through Western Europe. Beside the British Isles, we have confirmed L513+ people from Sweden and Germany. We have several 11-13 people that are predicted to be L513+ from Northern France and Benelux.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19682&stc=1&d=1328484163
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19683&stc=1&d=1328485068

Azalea
02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
My father's and maternal grandfather's Y-DNA is R1b1b2a.

Gordost
02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
My Y-DNA haplogroup is I2a2. :)

Artek
02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Mother's Y-DNA: R1b1b2a
nothing to be proud of ;D

Kanuni
02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
but they dont know the mutation founding the J2b subclade might have originated in Greece or in Anatolia

If we go back in time then EV13 is nigger haplogroup, J2b originated in Balkans since outside Europe in fact only Albanians have such a high percentage of this subclade which ranges from 17-25% in various studies.

Sikeliot
02-28-2012, 08:32 PM
If we go back in time then EV13 is nigger haplogroup, J2b originated in Balkans since outside Europe in fact only Albanians have such a high percentage of this subclade which ranges from 17-25% in various studies.

Proof? Not saying it isn't true, but do you have proof for these?

Kanuni
02-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Proof? Not saying it isn't true, but do you have proof for these?

I was saying in a satirical manner to him since he says J2b2 is a Anatolian haplogroup and he goes back deep in time to claim that.I stated before i believe E1b1b carriers were Oriental looking fellas something between South to East Mediterranids.That would explain the more Caucasian appearance of EastAfricans.

MandM
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Early origins
The origin of Y-DNA Haplogroup J maps to the Middle East around the ‘Fertile Crescent’, an area also known as the ‘Cradle of Civilization’ since this area saw the birth of many technological advancements that helped humans move from nomadic hunter-gatherers to an agriculture-based society living in one place. The sprouting of some the first cities and empires in human history were contingent on these developments and featured the proliferation of Haplogroup J.

The J2b2 subclade is also present in Anatolia, specifically in the southern and eastern regions, which have been proposed as a source of J haplogroups for many regions. An interesting peak of the J2b2 subclade has been detected in Kosovar Albanians (~17%), whereas the J2b2 levels range from 1 to 4% in the Balkans overall.

http://www.dnaancestry.ae/Y-DNA-Haplogroup-J.php

safinator
02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Early origins
The origin of Y-DNA Haplogroup J maps to the Middle East around the ‘Fertile Crescent’, an area also known as the ‘Cradle of Civilization’ since this area saw the birth of many technological advancements that helped humans move from nomadic hunter-gatherers to an agriculture-based society living in one place. The sprouting of some the first cities and empires in human history were contingent on these developments and featured the proliferation of Haplogroup J.

The J2b2 subclade is also present in Anatolia, specifically in the southern and eastern regions, which have been proposed as a source of J haplogroups for many regions. An interesting peak of the J2b2 subclade has been detected in Kosovar Albanians (~17%), whereas the J2b2 levels range from 1 to 4% in the Balkans overall.

http://www.dnaancestry.ae/Y-DNA-Haplogroup-J.php
Present in Anatolia but with maybe with 2% percentage?

Exaxtly that prove that this subclade is present on majority only amongst Albanians.

Azalea
02-28-2012, 09:15 PM
nothing to be proud of ;D

What do you mean?

And ofcourse I mean my maternal grandfather with 'mother'. ;)

Damiăo de Góis
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
What do you mean?

Eastern europeans think that R1a > R1b... but deep down they're just jelous :p

MandM
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Present in Anatolia but with maybe with 2% percentage?

Exaxtly that prove that this subclade is present on majority only amongst Albanians.

were does it say onely 2% i cant find it?

Kanuni
02-28-2012, 09:28 PM
were does it say onely 2% i cant find it?

LOL are you talking about J2b2 or J2/J in general since J2b2 is hardly find outside Albanian population.

MandM
02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
LOL are you talking about J2b2 or J2/J in general since J2b2 is hardly find outside Albanian population.

The J2b2 subclade is present in India, where it appears to have the highest frequency among the middle castes (Dravidian and Indo-European). Its overall level in India is ~5% and this frequency drops in half in neighboring Pakistan. J2b2 is also found in Nepal, but no J2b2 has been found in Tibet, providing strong evidence that the Northern spread of this subclade was prevented by the Himalaya Mountains.

dont u try to claim J2b2 to or selfs now other people have it to :D

Alano
02-28-2012, 10:05 PM
The J2b2 subclade is present in India, where it appears to have the highest frequency among the middle castes (Dravidian and Indo-European). Its overall level in India is ~5% and this frequency drops in half in neighboring Pakistan. J2b2 is also found in Nepal, but no J2b2 has been found in Tibet, providing strong evidence that the Northern spread of this subclade was prevented by the Himalaya Mountains.

speaking of j2b2, i would highly recommend you to check out this dna study done by abu amero
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2156/10/59

the study includes samples from all over the middle east, including 523 persons from anatolia/turkey (which is quite representative) but only a tiny number of turks i.e 0,96% were tested positive to j2b2-m241, latter is a very important marker among albanians, and most probably have its origins in the southern balkans.
the j2b2 presence on the indian subcontinent could be a remnant of neolithic migrations

Our Saudi Arabia sample was compared to other Arabian
Peninsula populations and to surrounding areas using
data from previous studies performed at a similar level of
haplogroup resolution. These samples comprise, 72
Qatari, 164 United Arab Emirate and 62 Yemeni [15]; 121
Omani and 147 Egyptian [14]; 201 Somalis [17]; 916 Lebanese
[18]; 146 Jordanian [19]; 203 Iraqi (139 from Al-
Zahery et al. [20] and 64 from Sanchez et al. [17]); 523
Turks [21];150 Irani [22] and 176 Pakistani [23].

Kanuni
02-29-2012, 06:57 AM

Are you trying to make me a Gypsy Serbian retard?

It peaks higher at Albanian population that is what matter no one owns a haplogroup.

MandM
02-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Are you trying to make me a Gypsy Serbian retard?:rotfl:

It peaks higher at Albanian population that is what matter no one owns a haplogroup.

ya i know i was just beeing goofy:tongue

StonyArabia
02-29-2012, 07:06 AM
J2 is neolthic marker it's origins lay in what is now Northern Iraq.

The Journeyman
02-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Eastern europeans think that R1a > R1b... but deep down they're just jelous :p

Bow down to your Kurgan overlords. :cool:

MandM
02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
well we have to be honest folks we cant rely to much on haplogroupe info just jet, i mean they havent tested enufd people so we can be totaly sure, what have they tested between 100-500 people in each countrie, with people from 4 milion to god knows how many milions, they have just taken results from maby does 500 people ad estimated that thpe hole nation has the same results.

Prince Carlo
02-29-2012, 07:29 AM
R1b/R1a originated outside of Europe too. Just saying.

Damiăo de Góis
02-29-2012, 09:10 PM
R1b/R1a originated outside of Europe too. Just saying.

But we took over. That must mean "europeans" were weaklings.

Prince Carlo
03-01-2012, 06:29 AM
But we took over. That must mean "europeans" were weaklings.

You R1b/R1a guys had better weapons than anyone else.

http://artfrombooks.com/bmz_cache/3/30d6267846fd681ea017f5a6b891550f.image.400x200.jpg

Pallantides
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
R-U106 is the superior haplogroup!:thumb001:
http://i.imgur.com/sDgmx.jpg

Artek
03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
R-U106 is the superior haplogroup!:thumb001:
http://i.imgur.com/sDgmx.jpg
This darker "Anglo-Saxon" is surely Celtic thrall.

Viljuska
03-20-2012, 11:57 PM
I got first results today (deep-clade-test not finished yet).
I was surprised to find out I was I1.
I was expecting I2a1b1 (former I2a2a in the Y2010 tree), maybe R1a or even E1b1b was more likely I thought.

I had a look in a study from 2010 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.21235/suppinfo), acording to this I1 frequency is almost 8% in Serbia and about the same for Montenegro (fourth place haplogroup).

MandM
03-21-2012, 12:05 AM
I1 is a Y chromosome haplogroup associated with Nordic ethnicity and occurs at greatest frequency in Scandinavia.
Serbien viking :thumb001:

Pallantides
03-21-2012, 01:00 AM
I1 is a Y chromosome haplogroup associated with Nordic ethnicity and occurs at greatest frequency in Scandinavia.
Serbien viking :thumb001:

Or maybe a Serbian Sami or Finn(they too have very high frequency of I1):p

mihaitzateo
03-21-2012, 03:17 AM
I got first results today (deep-clade-test not finished yet).
I was surprised to find out I was I1.
I was expecting I2a1b1 (former I2a2a in the Y2010 tree), maybe R1a or even E1b1b was more likely I thought.

I had a look in a study from 2010 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.21235/suppinfo), acording to this I1 frequency is almost 8% in Serbia and about the same for Montenegro (fourth place haplogroup).

This could be from the goths that were settled south of Danube.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths
You say you also have red hair gene,might be also from some member of varangian guard (varagian guard were paid vikings fighting as an elite unit for Byzantin Empire) that settled in Montenegro and marryed a local woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_guard
If you are also very tall,is very likely you have ancestor a varangian guard member.
(goths were not too tall).

Viljuska
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Serbien viking :thumb001::D

Or maybe a Serbian Sami or Finn(they too have very high frequency of I1):pMaybe, who knows? :)

This could be from the goths that were settled south of Danube.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths
You say you also have red hair gene,might be also from some member of varangian guard (varagian guard were paid vikings fighting as an elite unit for Byzantin Empire) that settled in Montenegro and marryed a local woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_guard
If you are also very tall,is very likely you have ancestor a varangian guard member.
(goths were not too tall).
Rufosity is noticable on my maternal grandmothers side of the family, it should come from there.
Males are all less tall on my mothers side (maybe 1,80-1,85).
Like I mentioned before my uncle has pure red beard, so he could maybe pass as a Ostrogoth :D
However, this Y-DNA result is mine.
On my fathers side males have much stronger dinarid element and also darker and taller (1,86-1,96).
My patternal grandfather was Dinarid-Cromagnoid so he could not fit those nordic warrior types I think.
Anyway.. we can not tie Y-DNA haplogroups to phenotypes :)

But I think Goth invasion/movement is the most reasonable explanation for I1 people in Serbia and Montenegro.
My ancestry is from Old Herzegovina, there is a town in this area...

The present-day town of Nikšic (http://www.expeditio.dreamhosters.com/srednjevjekovni/eng/eng-gradovi/onogost.htm) developed around the Onogošt fortification.

The earliest remains of the Onogošt fortification date back to the 5-6th century. It was built by the East Goths. The name Anagastum derived from the gothic proper name. (I think it was the name of Goth military leader Anagast). In the Middle Ages, from Anagastum the name Onogošt derived.

MandM
03-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Or maybe a Serbian Sami or Finn(they too have very high frequency of I1):p

dont spoil it now :mad: sami and finns are sweds in denial :p

mihaitzateo
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Sami and finns have most present haplogrup N1C1.Swedes got most present I1.
However,at sami and finns 2nd present haplogrup is I1.

Pallantides
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Sami have a bit more N1c than I1 that is true, the Norwegian-Saami are roughly 38-40% I1.

MNKraut
03-31-2012, 04:24 AM
I2b1, via a paternal German lineage. This is more common in Germany than anywhere else.

Artek
03-31-2012, 08:19 AM
I2b1, via a paternal German lineage. This is more common in Germany than anywhere else.
Relative of Savant! ;D

cmd_
03-31-2012, 09:12 AM
R1a is Y-DNA (this one inherited by men from their fathers)
Here you've got mtDNAHave you tested any SNP's yet?

Artek
03-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Have you tested any SNP's yet?
No, but admin of project said to me that I have 2 SNP's possible : Z280 or Young Scandinavian.
I will upgrade my test to 67 markers so it may reveal something new

cmd_
03-31-2012, 07:39 PM
No, but admin of project said to me that I have 2 SNP's possible : Z280 or Young Scandinavian.
I will upgrade my test to 67 markers so it may reveal something newYoung Scandinavian? Do you mean Z284? I have tested both Z280 and M458 but they resulted negative. Only Z284 remains for me but it's very unlikely to be positive.

If my Z284 comes negative, then I belong to a rare paragroup of Z283.

Artek
03-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Young Scandinavian? Do you mean Z284? I have tested both Z280 and M458 but they resulted negative. Only Z284 remains for me but it's very unlikely to be positive.

Young scandinavian is precisely L448, a subclade of Z284 group.

TiberSeptim
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
R1b

Hulda.Kin
04-15-2012, 03:22 AM
My cousin just got his results in and he is Ydna haplogroup I2b1.

Artek
04-15-2012, 07:09 AM
If Z284 comes positive, then you are a Varangian Guard ;D

cmd_
04-15-2012, 03:43 PM
If Z284 comes positive, then you are a Varangian Guard ;DWe'll see, in 2 weeks. ;) I doubt it though.

Artek
04-15-2012, 04:02 PM
We'll see, in 2 weeks. ;) I doubt it though.
I'm waiting for the results of Z280 now :). I'm curious about my possible pending results.
The closest guy matching me was Gustafsson from Sweden and West from the USA, so possibility of having Z280 negative is high.
If Z284, it would be one of the few "Scandinavians" in Poland. If not Z284 then maybe Z283(like you). My Y-STR results are somewhat unique.

Polako
04-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm waiting for the results of Z280 now :). I'm curious about my possible pending results.
The closest guy matching me was Gustafsson from Sweden and West from the USA, so possibility of having Z280 negative is high.
If Z284, it would be one of the few "Scandinavians" in Poland. If not Z284 then maybe Z283(like you). My Y-STR results are somewhat unique.

There's Z280 in Sweden, so that might be why you've got a close match there. However, haplotypes within the paragroup R1a-Z283 are often very similar, so STRs could show a close link, and then SNPs might show R1a-Z284 for one lineage and R1a-Z280 for the closely matching one.

But I'm sure they already told you that at the subclades project. It'll be interesting to see what you get. It'd be nice to uncover the first Z284 in Poland, because that would increase the already considerable SNP variance we have there.

Artek
04-18-2012, 12:27 PM
There's Z280 in Sweden, so that might be why you've got a close match there. However, haplotypes within the paragroup R1a-Z283 are often very similar, so STRs could show a close link, and then SNPs might show R1a-Z284 for one lineage and R1a-Z280 for the closely matching one.

But I'm sure they already told you that at the subclades project. It'll be interesting to see what you get. It'd be nice to uncover the first Z284 in Poland, because that would increase the already considerable SNP variance we have there.

2 Guys who are matching me most belong to Z284 clade and one guy belongs to Z280. That's why the situation is weird :D

I hadn't noticed that situation since admin told me about my ambiguous Y-STR results.

Sinclair
04-18-2012, 10:42 PM
R1b... boring. :(

StonyArabia
04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Y-DNA: T

Particular subclad is found among Crimean and Pontic Greeks, despite my paternal ancestry traces to NorthWest Caucasus so probably a Black sea thing.

cmd_
04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
If Z284, it would be one of the few "Scandinavians" in Poland. If not Z284 then maybe Z283(like you). My Y-STR results are somewhat unique.My test for Z284 resulted negative, as expected. It looks like I do belong to a rare paragroup of Z283*. I'm currently awaiting my test for Z282 to be finnished.

brunette
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Whatever the haplogroup is for North Europe.

Artek
04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
My test for Z284 resulted negative, as expected. It looks like I do belong to a rare paragroup of Z283*. I'm currently awaiting my test for Z282 to be finnished.
Z282? Something recently discovered, I suppose.
http://s1.bild.me/bilder/060112/9922056Z282.png

cmd_
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Z282? Something recently discovered, I suppose.Yes, it is. One of the admins at R1a and subclades, Michel, suggests that all Z283* should test the latest Z282 SNP.

Artek
04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes, it is. One of the admins at R1a and subclades, Michel, suggests that all Z283* should test the latest Z282 SNP.
Is it true true that it is still not known whether Z282 is an ancestral type to Z283 or not? The scheme indicates two possible directions but it could be out of date.

cmd_
04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Is it true true that it is still not known whether Z282 is an ancestral type to Z283 or not? The scheme indicates two possible directions but it could be out of date.This is nothing what I know of. According to a Polish guy from another forum, Z282 has not yet been tested with M458.

My best advice is to ask Michel.

xajapa
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
R1a1a1g, although this subclade is constantly changing due to new findings. This subclade is most typically associated with the Slavic people, probably originating in modern day Poland, or its surrounds.

Artek
04-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I tested positive for Z280. Scytho-sarmatian pride world wide.

cmd_
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I tested positive for Z280. Scytho-sarmatian pride world wide.Great! I highly expected you to be Z280+. Have you asked Michel yet about testing Z282?

Artek
04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Great! I highly expected you to be Z280+. Have you asked Michel yet about testing Z282?
He said that I must get some markers first, and only then we will think about other possible SNP's.

Tarja
05-18-2012, 01:20 AM
My Father's is R1b1b2a1a2f*

Sikeliot
05-18-2012, 01:25 AM
R1a1a which is not a common one in Sicily.

GeistFaust
05-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Mine is R1b1b2a1a2f.

Kanuni
05-18-2012, 07:37 AM

So the evil Slavs managed to Sicily too?

Prince Carlo
05-18-2012, 07:51 AM
So the evil Slavs managed to Sicily too?

It's either norman or greek R1a1.

Artek
05-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Could be Asian R1a, yhen. Asian R1a is not uncommon among Italians

Prince Carlo
05-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Could be Asian R1a, yhen. Asian R1a is not uncommon among Italians

We are talking about R1a1. :coffee:

Artek
05-18-2012, 04:14 PM
We are talking about R1a1. :coffee:
I used R1a as a word for all subclades under R1a haplogroup

The Exiled King
05-19-2012, 05:38 PM

R1a is not as uncommon in Sicily as people usually think, it's still a very small percentage but it's still there. Sicily has the most R1a out of any region in Italy.

Prince Carlo
05-20-2012, 08:04 AM
R1a is not as uncommon in Sicily as people usually think, it's still a very small percentage but it's still there. Sicily has the most R1a out of any region in Italy.

North Eastern Italy has the most R1a out of any region in Italy.

The Exiled King
05-20-2012, 02:05 PM
North Eastern Italy has the most R1a out of any region in Italy.

Well they both have pretty close to the same amount. The map you probably looked at probably had no data available for Sicily.

Iroczor
05-21-2012, 05:32 AM
R1b1b2a1a2b (M-153)

Sikeliot
05-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Most likely Norman, given the area that side of the family is from was more Norman than Greek influenced in recent times.

Yaroslav
05-21-2012, 06:05 AM
How and where do I get tested?

Siberian Cold Breeze
05-21-2012, 07:14 AM
delete

Prince Carlo
05-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Not tested yet but C3 for sure

Women don't have a Y-DNA Haplogroup. :eek::p

Albannach
05-21-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm R1b L21+ or to be more specific I match the OGAP4 lineage which is thought to best represent the Pictish tribes of Scotland.

Siberian Cold Breeze
05-21-2012, 07:41 AM
i thought it was coming from father side.. then its true for my father

Hulda.Kin
05-21-2012, 07:44 AM
My father's ydna line is I2b1

fergusgiselle
07-23-2012, 03:42 AM
I am R1b1a2 (tested through my brother), I was kinda hoping for something more exotic and rare like my mum's which is I.

Barreldriver
07-23-2012, 07:54 AM
After all the Y-DNA testing upgrades done over the years got some more specifics fer me own. This lineage for meself originated in Hatfield, South Yorkshire and later spread into Stainforth then Whitgift afore Blacktoft.

I am R1b1a2a1a1b, P312+
DF27 -DF19 -U152 -L21 -L238 -. I have a test in progress for L459 to see if it may actually be slightly older on the tree than L21. My closest Y-STR match 31 of 37 markers is Welsh in origin.

Right now there are only 5 other known R1b1a2a1a1b people that are this "non-mutated" within R-P312 (we called the "True P312"), so six of us in all (all other "R1b1a2a1a1b" have other non-published SNPs they still need to test for as it stands, only meself and one other are testing for L459 right now, the other feller is also testing for Z245 as part of the more grand experiment) and we have a similar STR pattern between us that is hypothesized as being indicative of an old Brythonic lineage between Strathclyde, Wales, and Cumbria (now to add South Yorkshire because of my own lineage to be added into this group).

Mechanolater
07-23-2012, 10:14 AM
When I was 18 I had a YDNA hg test done by FTDNA. Way out o' left field came E1b1a. I had absolutely no matches in any African nation, though. None with any Africans in western countries, either. Five English matches, four French matches and one Spanish match. Still kind o' "meh" about it.

fergusgiselle
07-23-2012, 10:34 AM
After all the Y-DNA testing upgrades done over the years got some more specifics fer me own. This lineage for meself originated in Hatfield, South Yorkshire and later spread into Stainforth then Whitgift afore Blacktoft.

I am R1b1a2a1a1b, P312+
DF27 -DF19 -U152 -L21 -L238 -. I have a test in progress for L459 to see if it may actually be slightly older on the tree than L21. My closest Y-STR match 31 of 37 markers is Welsh in origin.

Right now there are only 5 other known R1b1a2a1a1b people that are this "non-mutated" within R-P312 (we called the "True P312"), so six of us in all (all other "R1b1a2a1a1b" have other non-published SNPs they still need to test for as it stands, only meself and one other are testing for L459 right now, the other feller is also testing for Z245 as part of the more grand experiment) and we have a similar STR pattern between us that is hypothesized as being indicative of an old Brythonic lineage between Strathclyde, Wales, and Cumbria (now to add South Yorkshire because of my own lineage to be added into this group).

That is fascinating. I may look into further testing of SNPs as I have the standard minimum at present. I'm also looking forward to getting the raw data to run an admix. Dad is from Scotland but rumoured to have a fair bit of Norwegian. Mum's was more of a mystery, from Scotland but Haplogroup I which was a it surprise. I am only a novice at this but I am finding it fascinating.

Albion
07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
No idea, but I'd like something interesting like G2a or I2a2. A neolithic or "Roman" G2a subclade or Germanic I2a2.

Damiăo de Góis
07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
No idea, but I'd like something interesting like G2a or I2a2. A neolithic or "Roman" G2a subclade or Germanic I2a2.

I think I2a2 is not Germanic, you are probably confusing it with I1* (M253). Check the hotspots for I2a2 (M423)

http://dgmweb.net/DNA/Graphics/Haplogroup_I.png

Albion
07-23-2012, 11:29 PM
I think I2a2 is not Germanic, you are probably confusing it with I1* (M253). Check the hotspots for I2a2 (M423)

http://dgmweb.net/DNA/Graphics/Haplogroup_I.png

I think it used to be called I2b. Eupedia's map is completely different from that one:

http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup-I2b.gif

Damiăo de Góis
07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Yes, I2b is a different one. I2a shows a different distribution:

http://rochelineages.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/haplogroup_i2a-edit.gif

I2b, I2a is used on 23andme. I don't know if anything has changed about that.

Nurzat
07-23-2012, 11:37 PM
J2a1b* ( :D j2w )

Barreldriver
08-11-2012, 04:22 AM
The family origins are in South Yorkshire, England.

The family Y-DNA haplogroup is R1b1a2a1a1b, shorthand: R-P312/R-S116.

R-P312 clades tested for (Green = positive; Red = Negative) -

P312+

DF27 -
DF19 -
U152 -
L21 –
L459 –
Z245-
L238 –

finţaų
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
R1a, like a true Aryan steppe warrior.

Stefan
08-11-2012, 11:53 AM
When did I vote in here? Well can somebody change it to J2? Thank you.

Haha, I thought being a mod would give me special powers to move my name. Well at least I fixed the numbers. ;)

Edit: I'm angry that after all these years I still haven't got a sub-clade.

The Exiled King
08-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Haha, I thought being a mod would give me special powers to move my name. Well at least I fixed the numbers. ;)

Edit: I'm angry that after all these years I still haven't got a sub-clade.

Hahaha. I only know I am I1*. I never did a deep-clade or sub-clade test. I don't see the point really as my I1* already seems to be pretty unique without going further into the subclades.

EDIT: Your J2 subclade(s) may turn up interesting but on the other hand I1 is practically so recent that I don't find the subclades to be all that interesting unless it is I1b which seems to be only found in Slavic populations.

Stefan
08-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Hahaha. I only know I am I1*. I never did a deep-clade or sub-clade test. I don't see the point really as my I1* already seems to be pretty unique without going further into the subclades.

EDIT: Your J2 subclade(s) may turn up interesting but on the other hand I1 is practically so recent that I don't find the subclades to be all that interesting unless it is I1b which seems to be only found in Slavic populations.

Yeah, I'm just going to wait until things are much cheaper or if I'm in a better financial position to even bother. J2 is enough information for me, but it would be quite interesting to see where it's from. My paternal line is from Seville, so it could be Sephardi or it could be old Phoenician influence, for example. I'm not going to buy another kit until it's a full sequence, I think - or a service equal of value to that in scope.

Flupke
08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I1d: Northern Germanic/Scandinavian.
Common in Flanders. Our ancestors came from Northern sea shores.

Jackson
11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I1* Here (Don't know which group i'm in yet), paper trail goes back to Hertfordshire in England, but they came from somewhere else before that - Possibly Durham, Cheshire or Yorkshire. Well my surname (Jackson) is most frequent in Yorkshire, followed by Lancashire. Could be Anglian or Norse i suppose.

Didriksson
11-05-2012, 11:53 AM

finţaų
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
R1aryan. My subclade peaks in Poland for some reason.

Siginulfo
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
To be confirmed soon. According to the low number of my family (~300), high frequency of light phenotypes, the noble origin, and the Germanic origin, it seems that here we will get I1.

Artek
11-05-2012, 01:53 PM
To be confirmed soon. According to the low number of my family (~300), high frequency of light phenotypes, the noble origin, and the Germanic origin, it seems that here we will get I1.
:picard2:

kabeiros
11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Ω1φ1α the y-dna of Olympian Gods :rolleyes:

Shtrun
11-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I1-Z140

Artek
11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I1-Z140
Z140 Seems to be Germanic, non-Bothnian subclade of I1. Are you from Varangian nobility?

Azalea
11-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Yay I can now add my dad'd Y-DNA to my profile in 23andme. Artek can I join your group too? :P

Artek
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Yay I can now add my dad'd Y-DNA to my profile in 23andme. Artek can I join your group too? :P
Feel free to join my group, Ashina. You are a part of your father, without doubt. :)

Azalea
11-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Cool! Another R1b joined your group then.

Artek
11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Cool! Another R1b joined your group then.
Don't forget to post something about clade your father belongs to in sub-forum of the group.

Ushtari
11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh, it seems like Agrippa belong to the übermensch e1b1b HG:cool:

Artek
11-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh, it seems like Agrippa belong to the übermensch e1b1b HG:cool:
You were supposed to say "negroid", not ubermensch, weren't you?