PDA

View Full Version : Does Batman inspire Terrorism?

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Do you think the new batman movie will inspire terrorism? They portray the bad guys and get in their mind to explain why they are crazy in too legitimate of a way.

It also has this anti west "the time has passed for you" type of thing.

I think this movie is really bad ideologically, and the English director doesn't seem to care if he makes the west look bad.

Supreme American
07-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't see people falling for overt media propaganda so much as the guised and subtle type.

I haven't seen the new Batman movie and don't care to.

Sultan Suleiman
07-21-2012, 08:33 PM
I will pirate it when the time comes :)

Holle Bolle Gijss
07-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Do you think the new batman movie will inspire terrorism? They portray the bad guys and get in their mind to explain why they are crazy in too legitimate of a way. Movies don't inspire terrorisme, people inspire terrorisme.

It also has this anti west "the time has passed for you" type of thing. And because of this socalled "anti-west" feel it automaticly inspires terrorisme?

I think this movie is really bad ideologically, and the English director doesn't seem to care if he makes the west look bad.And because in your opinion the director makes the west look bad terrorisme is inspired?

NO!!!! People like you inspire terrorisme... Just look at the way you have drafted your post. Trying to put ideas into peoples heads so they wont like, no maybe even hate a film like Batman... And maybe if you keep this up long enough another James Holmes will rise...

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Movies don't inspire terrorisme, people inspire terrorisme.

And because of this socalled "anti-west" feel it automaticly inspires terrorisme?

And because in your opinion the director makes the west look bad terrorisme is inspired?

NO!!!! People like you inspire terrorisme... Just look at the way you have drafted your post. Trying to put ideas into peoples heads so they wont like, no maybe even hate a film like Batman... And maybe if you keep this up long enough another James Holmes will rise...

I liked the batman movie, but it had lots of crazy concepts in it

Stefan
07-21-2012, 10:51 PM
I believe in freedom of expression. I doubt the intentions of the creators of Batman or these movies are aligned with terrorism. Frankly, I think this is a transference of responsibility. People are responsible for their actions, and placing it on a movie, a devil, or something else is not how one should interpret the consequences of one's actions. I see this far too often. Now if the intentions of the director are to inspire terrorism, then that is a different matter entirely; however, the nature of expression and the film to "reveal the bad guys" is not evidence enough to think this.

ricko0812
07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
no, retardation inspires terrorism

Holle Bolle Gijss
07-21-2012, 11:33 PM
I liked the batman movie, but it had lots of crazy concepts in itCrazy concepts are not automaticly a receipe for terrorisme Snug...

Peoples warped minds however are.(no offence intended)

Matritensis
07-22-2012, 02:15 AM
When I was a kid I liked violent action movies, but I could separate them from reality. It seems that even adults have problems with that nowadays.... Sigh.

xajapa
07-22-2012, 02:38 AM
There have been characters created by throughout history as a hero/anti-hero. Think Robin Hood, or the lesser known Janosik. Even many mythological gods and demi-gods have intrigued and inspired. These dark heroes probably don't cause people to do things that they wouldn't have done anyway.

Bobcat Fraser
07-22-2012, 02:41 AM
I believe in freedom of expression. I doubt the intentions of the creators of Batman or these movies are aligned with terrorism. Frankly, I think this is a transference of responsibility. People are responsible for their actions, and placing it on a movie, a devil, or something else is not how one should interpret the consequences of one's actions. I see this far too often. Now if the intentions of the director are to inspire terrorism, then that is a different matter entirely; however, the nature of expression and the film to "reveal the bad guys" is not evidence enough to think this.

There's no doubt that myriad interest groups will use this tragedy to push their agendas. You see this now in the "disarmament movement", beloved by the likes of the clueless Piers Morgan. The victims weren't even buried, and he was screaming and shouting about guns. The other leftist maxim is, "when in doubt, blame the Tea Party."

Bobcat Fraser
07-22-2012, 02:45 AM
When I was a kid I liked violent action movies, but I could separate them from reality. It seems that even adults have problems with that nowadays.... Sigh.

They don't. The killer was an anomaly. He was one in ten million, but the authorities and the news will act like such aberrations are a common, growing menace to society, and they'll overreact, like they always do. Count on it.

Grizzly
07-22-2012, 02:49 AM
no, only liberals and pseudo intellectuals debate on these type of questions.

MarkyMark
07-22-2012, 04:25 AM
I think people are only influenced by stuff like the Batman when they are already mentally unstable and weak, a point at which anything can influence someone.

People said that when they said Hi to the guy walking by him he wouldn't respond and would just look down immediately. Already sounds like a creep to me.

Bobcat Fraser
08-02-2012, 01:23 AM
I think people are only influenced by stuff like the Batman when they are already mentally unstable and weak, a point at which anything can influence someone.

People said that when they said Hi to the guy walking by him he wouldn't respond and would just look down immediately. Already sounds like a creep to me.

What percentage of consumers of films, games, guns, pot,...., go off like this guy did? The agenda-driven groups act like it's a big percentage so that they can push their views on the rest of us. They take advantage of each and every tragedy to call for new bans, censorship, laws, restrictions....to inconvenience the 99.9% of citizens for what the 0.1% *might* do. I heard Dr. Drew:rolleyes: say that victims, of the Colorado killer, should sue gun-manufacturers.