PDA

View Full Version : MP provokes kids playing football in the street

RoyBatty
06-21-2009, 12:01 PM
.... gets beaten up and now wants a court case.... :confused:

Is it just me or has this guy been a busybody and "asking" for it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8111489.stm

SwordoftheVistula
06-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd say he was in the right-if more private citizens were like him there would be less violent criminal behavior like described in the news article and less need for a police state. Even if he was being a busybody, that's no excuse to attack him and gang beat him. The type of 'youths' who would do such a thing are exactly the type which should receive police attention and be taken off the streets and removed from society

RoyBatty
06-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Dunno, if some tw*t was out there taking my photo, giving me trouble and threatening to call the police for the "crime" of kicking a football with my mates I'd be inclined to want to slap him up myself.

In this society more and more laws are drawn up by the day with which to regulate and control what one can do and say. (Yes it rhymes :p )

In other words, society is becoming over-policed by kiljoys and regulations nazis.

If the kids were damaging property, threatening or injuring passers-by or causing a major disturbance then ok, fair enough, call the police. I'm not sure that this particular case merited it.

SwordoftheVistula
06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Dunno, if some tw*t was out there taking my photo, giving me trouble and threatening to call the police for the "crime" of kicking a football with my mates I'd be inclined to want to slap him up myself.

In this society more and more laws are drawn up by the day with which to regulate and control what one can do and say. (Yes it rhymes :p )

In other words, society is becoming over-policed by kiljoys and regulations nazis.

If the kids were damaging property, threatening or injuring passers-by or causing a major disturbance then ok, fair enough, call the police. I'm not sure that this particular case merited it.

True, but in this case, it appears that this was but one incident by a group of chronic troublemakers, as indicated by their violent response, and may be connected to a similar incident which tool place earlier involving urinating in someone's garden.

If the police would actually lock up the genuine juvenile delinquents, then we wouldn't need all these other laws to bust them on, sagging pants etc.

I'd probably be more sympathetic to kids playing in the street if they were not themselves a primary source of justification/encouragement to the 'kiljoys and regulations nazis' in the form of irresponsible parents and other busybodies trying to get speed limits lowered and the police to set speed traps so that their kids can play in the street 'safely', which they aren't supposed to do in the first place.

Fortis in Arduis
06-22-2009, 09:44 AM
'Establishment politician gets taste of own medicine'

Boo Hoo...