PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to Fyrom when they lose the naming dispute?

Coolguy1
07-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Guys, we all know that Greece is never going to accept the name "Macedonia", so why do the skops keep pushing for it? Once they lose, they have no identity, so what do they do next? Join Bulgaria? Change the name to Vardarska? Also, Fyrom is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode once the alb gypsies secede. So, Fyrom really only has 30 years at most to act before either albs take over, or they lose the naming dispute

Methmatician
07-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Greece probably won't, but the rest of the world might, then it won't really be a problem if only one country doesn't recognise their name.

poiuytrewq0987
07-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Guys, we all know that Greece is never going to accept the name "Macedonia", so why do the skops keep pushing for it? Once they lose, they have no identity, so what do they do next? Join Bulgaria? Change the name to Vardarska? Also, Fyrom is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode once the alb gypsies secede. So, Fyrom really only has 30 years at most to act before either albs take over, or they lose the naming dispute

Don't kid yourself but thanks for confirming what most Greeks want to happen to us.

Midori
07-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Don't kid yourself but thanks for confirming what most Greeks want to happen to us.

Seems like Greeks actually do hate us...

poiuytrewq0987
07-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Seems like Greeks actually do hate us...

I know, and what do I care about it? It's not the end of the world. :thumb001: Macedonia is not going to collapse... Milosevic and Samaras couldn't destroy the country. :coffee:

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/innocent456/gs.png

Midori
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I know, and what do I care about it? It's not the end of the world. :thumb001: Macedonia is not going to collapse... Milosevic and Samaras couldn't destroy the country. :coffee:

I used to think it's just paranoia from our side, but I was wrong. They would really nuke our country if they could. They would kill us all just because of some bullshit history and disagreements :(

Absinthe
07-23-2012, 09:09 AM
I used to think it's just paranoia from our side, but I was wrong. They would really nuke our country if they could. They would kill us all just because of some bullshit history and disagreements :(
That's entirely untrue :) I think every single Greek is very sensitive about the name dispute but it's only a handful of fanatics that would go to such ends. Nobody wants to kill anyone here.

I read posts like Dusan and Vojnik and I wonder if it's exactly the opposite, they seem to hate the Greeks with such obsessive passion that I wonder how far the brainwashing has gotten to them. If Greece wanted to "invade" your country and kill people, it would have done so already.

To me, your country's paranoia about Greece being their quintessential enemy and obstacle to their goals, is exactly the same as Greece with Turkey. Greeks obsess about the Turks wanting to invade and what not, where in fact the Turks are preoccupied with their own issues and don't give a shit about the Greeks. ;)

Onur
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
There is no way Macedonia to loose the name dispute because more than 100 country in the world recognizes them as Macedonia. The only way for them to loose this meaningless dispute is to accept defeat all by themselves, due to pressure from Greece and his philhellene friends.

Probably they will try to lure Macedonians to accept defeat in the name of some fake progression in the EU negotiations, just like they offered same thing to Serbia for Kosova and Turkey for Cyprus issue. If they obey them, then they loose the dispute otherwise no way.

poiuytrewq0987
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
That's entirely untrue :) I think every single Greek is very sensitive about the name dispute but it's only a handful of fanatics that would go to such ends. Nobody wants to kill anyone here.

Maybe not you per se but I have seen plenty of Greeks who spew poison and they wish nothing more but the death of us all.

BTWz1qAFh8w

I read posts like Dusan and Vojnik and I wonder if it's exactly the opposite, they seem to hate the Greeks with such obsessive passion that I wonder how far the brainwashing has gotten to them. If Greece wanted to "invade" your country and kill people, it would have done so already.

Yes, I despise Greeks, that is no secret. About the invasion, Greece wanted to as is quite evident in the meeting with Milosevic... but three things that stopped Greece:

1. Turkey
2. Risk of becoming an international pariah like Serbia had become
3. Risk of Cyprus escalation if Greece got involved with a war on Balkans

To me, your country's paranoia about Greece being their quintessential enemy and obstacle to their goals, is exactly the same as Greece with Turkey. Greeks obsess about the Turks wanting to invade and what not, where in fact the Turks are preoccupied with their own issues and don't give a shit about the Greeks. ;)

It's true, you are our Turks in a sense, but I don't think Turks have ever denied our ethnic identity outright, and repressed our people so badly in the 21st century.

Midori
07-23-2012, 09:18 AM

Well, it seems to me that all of our neighbours either want our land, or want us to stop existing. I think the only reason why Greece hasn't invaded our country is because they're a NATO member and not allowed to do that. I don't know why you guys feel so threatened from a small country that no one cares about.

Onur
07-23-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't know why you guys feel so threatened from a small country that no one cares about.
Because as much as they brag about 5000 year old hellenic Macedonia fantasies, they know that this is not the truth. So your very existence becomes a threat to their national unity. It doesn't matter even if you would be the smallest state in the world without any army nor an economy because the threat is not coming from your weapons or from your economical power.

Macedonia`s very existence is an ideological threat to their 5000 year old hellenic Macedonia fantasy and it might disturb the neo-hellenic mindset which was implanted to the people`s mind. At least thats what they fear of.

So, your very existence poses an ideological threat to the neo-hellenism.

Absinthe
07-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Maybe not you per se but I have seen plenty of Greeks who spew poison and they wish nothing more but the death of us all.

BTWz1qAFh8w

Dusan, cherry picking one Greek malaka who behaves like that is easy and if I search I am sure there will be videos of your compatriots bullying an innocent Greek on the street. Assholes and bigots exist in every nation, but you obviously have a very limited experience with Greeks as well as your compatriots because you live in another continent. You have no idea of what is going on here and there, because you get your ideas from stupid Youtube videos. This is not how an average person behaves.

Yes, I despise Greeks, that is no secret.

It is good that you finally admit it. :thumb001:

About the invasion, Greece wanted to as is quite evident in the meeting with Milosevic... but three things that stopped Greece:

1. Turkey
2. Risk of becoming an international pariah like Serbia had become
3. Risk of Cyprus escalation if Greece got involved with a war on Balkans

I have no idea of whether this whole ordeal is true (I doubt it) nor has it even been openly heard in Greece that the Greek state ever planned to invade FYROM. If so, I am sure most Greeks would have been against it (against any invasion in any country for that matter).

It's true, you are our Turks in a sense, but I don't think Turks have ever denied our ethnic identity outright, and repressed our people so badly in the 21st century.

They have done much worse than simply deny our ethnic identity. Compared to what the Turks have done to the Greeks in various points of History, a name dispute is just tea with cookies.

The thing is, even if Turks have done so and so, Greeks have, to a large extent, based their raison d'etre on the hostility between Greece and Turkey.

They sit and obsess about Turkey and I have heard people saying, so many times, that it is the Turkish fault that we have not advanced enough, because we are always having external threat hence we cannot prosper like, e.g. Netherlands or Sweden or other countries that have friendly neighbours.

I mean - come on :rolleyes: How ridiculous is that? A nation can prosper if they try hard enough, regardless of a what the neighbours think of them.
*hint* ;)

Finding a scapegoat for your short comings and blaming it on them is not the best recipe for success. In the end, if, like you always say, FYROM is recognized as Macedonia by everyone in the world except Greece, why do you care so much about Greeks? Is there perhaps other reasons for this hostility and the name dispute is just an excuse?

To make a long story short: both Greece and FYROM produce propaganda and to a large extent people buy it, but the average Greek doesn't want to kill anyone over a name dispute, much as I am sure that the average FYROMian doesn't want it either.

Absinthe
07-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Because as much as they brag about 5000 year old hellenic Macedonia fantasies, they know that this is not the truth. So your very existence becomes a threat to their national unity. It doesn't matter even if you would be the smallest state in the world without any army nor an economy because the threat is not coming from your weapons or from your economical power.

Macedonia`s very existence is an ideological threat to their 5000 year old hellenic Macedonia fantasy and it might disturb the neo-hellenic mindset which was implanted to the people`s mind. At least thats what they fear of.

Are you saying that it's only the Greeks who fantasize about some 5000 year old continuity with ancient Macedonia? ;)

Midori
07-23-2012, 09:44 AM

What do you mean by that? That Greece has no history? :confused:

Bugarash
07-23-2012, 12:26 PM
When they lose the name issue they will face Bulgaria with some other issues,if they dont fall apart by then...:coffee:

I think it is in Greece's interest never to solve the issue with the name and just ignore them and keep them blocked in the integration process...believe me,this country exist because of the goal of EU and NATO integration,thats the only thing keeping this country stable.

clueless
07-23-2012, 12:27 PM
I registered only to answer "your question". BTW, as an ethnic Macedonian (and not FYROMian as you say) I am biased, but anyway open for a discussion.

What will happen if this/that happen is out of my knowledge, but I'll try to answer the part of the question that says "why they keep pushing for the name Macedonia". BTW, your alluding on "alb gypsies" is positioning you quite exactly how you look at different ethnicity, but I'll just ignore that part.

We don't give up on the name Macedonia because that's what we are. World knows us by that name, we have it in zillion national songs and thousand different things, but it is also how we call our nation: Macedonian. And our language: Macedonian. I am really sorry (and I mean it) that it clashes with your myth and imposes a threat to your view of history, but that's just that.

How can you claim that a whole nation "is thieves"? They stole the name from you? How's that possible? Is this for real? We should change the name of our nation, our language and our country because you have the rights to the name?

Maybe our country won't exist in some future, but I don't believe that we by ourselves will just change our name to make you happy.

BTW, I really would like to hear about the average Greek reasoning about the dispute and as I said, I like an open discussion.

Onur
07-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Are you saying that it's only the Greeks who fantasize about some 5000 year old continuity with ancient Macedonia? ;)
Only Greeks? Ofc not. Balkans are full with people who fantasizes themselves with ancient people`s like hellenes, macedonians, illyrians, thracians while enjoying these kind of stuff at the same time;

zkt47_-cXhw
7dlqLcrYGog

Btw i like Roza Eskenazi too, no kidding :)

Archduke
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Only Greeks? Ofc not. Balkans are full with people who fantasizes themselves with ancient people`s like hellenes, macedonians, illyrians, thracians while enjoying these kind of stuff at the same time;

[

Btw i like Roza Eskenazi too, no kidding :)

Only the gypsy and turk subhumans listen to that. :)

Onur
07-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Only the gypsy and turk subhumans listen to that. :)
And i am sure you supreme-beings are listening ancient Thracian music, eat their food, act like the Thracians and speak their language too, right?

Archduke
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
And i am sure you are listening ancient Thracian music, eat their food, act like the Thracians and speak their language too, right?

I didn't know that this Gypsy music is considered as Turkish in Turkey, but why i am suprised, Gypsies and Turks are brothers after all.

I listen to Slavic music, because i'm Slav.

Gospodine
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
http://s13.postimage.org/v5p5zzunb/Vardar.jpg

Gospodine
07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Winning a naming dispute = First place at the Special Olympics.
Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Bosnians are regularly referred to as Turks, Islamized Serbs, Islamized Croats, etc...

Do you see us giving a fuck? No.

Grow a pair Greece. Names can't hurt you.

Midori
07-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Bosnians are regularly referred to as Turks, Islamized Serbs, Islamized Croats, etc...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-buVQZdlxkDU/T2n8s7qm_pI/AAAAAAAAAAk/2PyfB0B0Us0/s1600/i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Crn Volk
07-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Greece has already lost the name dispute. Over 130 countries recognise us as Republic of Macedonia, and Greece has conceded it would accept the name Macedonia, however with a geographic or other qualifier. So being called Northern or Upper Macedonia is a defeat for Greece, since initially it would not accept the name Macedonia at all.

Drawing-slim
07-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Is this comedy hour?!
A thick black curly hair greek calling me a gypsy!?!?