PDA

View Full Version : Turkey doesnt recognize diplomas issued by Bulgarian schools/universities

Onur
07-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Fake diplomas issued by Bulgarian schools and universities was a heated debate in Turkey for years and you can find banners about this on the billboards of many universities in Turkey.

I said fake but actually these are authentic diplomas given to the people by the Bulgarian universities in exchange of bribes. A lot of people in Turkey and so many Turks from Bulgaria took these fake diplomas without attending any courses or any exam. They applied to Turkish universities with these fake diplomas or they simply applied for jobs in Turkey. This was causing major problems but Turkish state tried everything for not to ban Bulgarian diplomas to prevent creating a difficulty for Bulgarian Turks but it seems they had no choice other than banning Bulgarian issued diplomas.

Turkey Scraps Bulgarian College Diplomas
Turkey is suspending the recognition of Bulgarian-issued college diplomas for an indefinite period of time.

On grounds that forgery of exam marks and college diplomas has reached the dimensions of organized crime in Bulgaria, the southern neighbor advises all of its aspiring university students to refrain from applying for Bulgarian schools.

The decision has been made by the Turkish University Education Council, the institution accrediting foreign diplomas.

Its official site notes that documents of students from Bulgaria will no longer be legalized. It further warns transfers from Bulgarian colleges to Turkish ones are not being accepted, while the documents of those who have applied for accreditation will be put on hold.

According to the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily, citing the online "OFFNews," Turkey has warned as early as the month of May about the planned move and has requested a meeting with senior officials to clarify the issue.

The source of information about the alleged forgeries is, reportedly, the Turkish Foreign Ministry, which has collected the evidence.

Evelina Hristova, spokesperson of Bulgaria's Education Minister, Sergey Ignatov, informs that the Ministry has not received any official correspondence from Turkey on the issue, and vows a check in the case. The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry also denies being notified about any such problem.

Hristova has further refuted reports that the President of the Technical University in the Black Sea city of Varna has sent a letter to Ignatov, alarming him of Turkey's decision and asking for assistance because the school has a large enrolment of Turkish students.

The decision is not final, and the recognition is frozen for the time being, but it is expected to harm Bulgarian colleges in the middle of the admissions and enrolment campaign.

Bulgaria is an attracting point for education of young people from its southern neighbor because it is a member of the EU. Unofficial data lists thenumber of Turkish students at 6 000 with the majority of them studying in technical and medical schools.

The other southern neighbor of Bulgaria, Greece also insists that Bulgarian college diplomas have no value because exams and the entire documents can be purchased and there is no need of studying.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=141627

I have no idea if Bulgarians also uses their fake diplomas to study and work in Europe but it seems Greece is also aware of this issue according to the article here.

Ivo Arandur
07-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Good! What's going on in most Bulgarian universities is simply disgusting...

Onur
07-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Good! What's going on in most Bulgarian universities is simply disgusting...
It is really disgusting. I know that 4-5 people who applied for a job in Turkish universities with their fake Bulgarian doctorate degrees has been identified and they gone to jail for this. The universities gives great importance to these stuff but i am sure so many people working in private jobs with these fake diplomas. I heard that Bulgarian universities even have fake science journals solely created for getting bribes to give fake international refereed publication papers to the people.

I don't it`s possible to find lawlessness and malpractice in such scale even in African countries but they are fcked up now because according to the article, there are more than 6000 Turkish students in their universities and now they will quit giving money to them because Bulgaria issued diplomas became invalid in Turkey.

Bugarash
07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Then stop sending your students on bulgarian universities!

We would all be happy if you didint enter the territory of Bulgaria or should I say if a single turk doesnt enter Bulgaria!

you would do us a big favor!

Anatolian Eagle
07-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Then stop sedning your student on bulgarian universities!

We would all be happy if you didint enter the territory of Bulgaria or should I say if a single turk doesnt enter Bulgaria!

you would do us a big favor!

One of people I know will go to an university in Varna this year. Yeah he is Turkish! Honestly that university was also in my considerations however I'm less likely to go, for different reasons though. :coffee:

Bugarash
07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
One of people I know will go to an university in Varna this year. Yeah he is Turkish! Honestly that university was also in my considerations however I'm less likely to go, for different reasons though. :coffee:

Dont worry we have them as far as from the border towns with Syria.

I was just reading a girl from that region in Turkey which was a medicine student in Pleven got attacked because she was wearing a hijab.

morski
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I've always wondered how do Turkish students in Bulgaria manage to graduate without speaking any Bulgarian or English, since there is no instruction and exams held in Turkish...

Lithium
07-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, what students are they anyway? They don't speak Bulgarian or English, it seems impossible to be. The Government should stop approving foreign students without language exams.

Anatolian Eagle
07-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Dont worry we have them as far as from the border towns with Syria.

I was just reading a girl from that region in Turkey which was a medicine student in Pleven got attacked because she was wearing a hijab.

That's cool, luckily no girl I know wears or ever wore this crap :coffee:

morski
07-26-2012, 10:57 AM
I said fake but actually these are authentic diplomas given to the people by the Bulgarian universities in exchange of bribes.

Bakshish = Ottoman heritage... what can one do, hey?:(

Onur
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah, what students are they anyway? They don't speak Bulgarian or English, it seems impossible to be. The Government should stop approving foreign students without language exams.
This is happening because your state&government acting like a crime gang, selling diplomas in exchange of bribes.

Bakshish = Ottoman heritage... what can one do, hey?:(
Then why no one even dares to speak about selling university diplomas in Turkey while this is a state policy of Bulgaria? You have Ottoman heritage and Turks don't?

Bulgaria is a joke, full with backward and primitive people but this doesn't surprise me at all because your country was a commie shithole only two decades ago and your current PM is an ex-bodyguard with criminal records. So, should we expect anything else from people who begs for 5 Euros "bakhshish" from us?

What can you do about that? First of all, stop blaming others for your own problems.

morski
07-26-2012, 11:44 AM
This is happening because your state&government acting like a crime gang, selling diplomas in exchange of bribes.

Then why no one even dares to speak about selling university diplomas in Turkey while this is a state policy of Bulgaria? You have Ottoman heritage and Turks don't?

Bulgaria is a joke, full with backward and primitive people but this doesn't surprise me at all because your country was a commie shithole only two decades ago and your current PM is an ex-bodyguard with criminal records. So, should we expect anything else from people who begs for 5 Euros "bakhshish" from us?

What can you do about that? First of all, stop blaming others for your own problems.

Nice rant. Feel any better now?

east
07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
I've always wondered how do Turkish students in Bulgaria manage to graduate without speaking any Bulgarian or English, since there is no instruction and exams held in Turkish...

Right , I know students from Turkey , they can't say "dobar den". Wonder how they take exams ? I ask not because I don't know.

Archduke
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
The problem is that most young Bulgarians go to study in Western European universities and our universities have lack of students, so they accept the dumb turkish ones.

Onur
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Nice rant. Feel any better now?
Are you talking about yourself? because the real rant was your comment about blaming 19th century Ottoman rule for your corrupt bureaucrats and criminal state in the year of 2012.

east
07-26-2012, 01:39 PM

Well, we live in caves and eat tomatoes with wooden stakes. Can you explain me, wise man, why in Turkey illiterate people are almost 80% ? In Bulgaria illiterates are only 5% and they are among Gypsy people. Are we primitive ? During damned commie era since 1974 we use Nuclear Power Plant and we are about to build second. You haven't commies but still build your first one. Congratulations, as say our PM.

Onur
07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Bulgarian wannabe Bugarash`s Turkish twin strikes back! Ofc in Bulgarian style, full of ignorance and lies.

Can you explain me, wise man, why in Turkey illiterate people are almost 80% ? In Bulgaria illiterates are only 5% and they are among Gypsy people
Turkey`s literacy rate is 88% and we all know that the remaining 12% are mostly Kurds.
http://www.indexmundi.com/turkey/literacy.html

Also i don't believe the authenticity of any stats about Bulgaria. How come we can be sure that these Bulgarian people didn't get diplomas by giving bribes? Why we should trust anything about a state where lawlessness is an established common rule?

Are we primitive?
Generally speaking, yes you are

During damned commie era since 1974 we use Nuclear Power Plant and we are about to build second. You haven't commies but still build your first one. Congratulations, as say our PM.
These weren't yours to begin with. It was built and operated by Russians. You know, you were a vassal state of them back then.

Yes Turkey never had any nuclear plant but i am already against it for environmentalist reasons. I am against Erdogan`s current plans to built nuclear plants too.

Archduke
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Bulgarian wanna-be Bugarash`s Turkish twin strikes back! Ofc in Bulgarian style, full of ignorance and lies.

Pomak, please. ;)

kabeiros
07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Well to be honest, Onur does have a point here (remarkable, isn't it?). I can only speak for Greece though. Here, Bulgarian (but also Romanian, Serbian etc) University diplomas are not recognised from the Greek state immediately, the students are required to pass through some very difficult exams of Greek Universities for their diploma to be recognised. Greek students who go to Balkan Universities are those who have failed to be accepted in the Greek ones, so we must be sure that they have the skills to be doctors, engineers etc.

morski
07-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Are you talking about yourself? because the real rant was your comment about blaming 19th century Ottoman rule for your corrupt bureaucrats and criminal state in the year of 2012.

It was a hyperbole, of course.

east
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Turkey`s literacy rate is 88% and we all know that the remaining 12% are mostly Kurds.
http://www.indexmundi.com/turkey/literacy.html

Thanks for the link. As we can see, literacy in Bulgaria is higher than those in Turkey. 97% vs 88%

http://www.indexmundi.com/bulgaria/literacy.html

Also i don't believe the authenticity of any stats about Bulgaria. How come we can be sure that these Bulgarian people didn't get diplomas by giving bribes? Why we should trust anything about a state where lawlessness is an established common rule?

You can trust , anybody can trust. Thousends of engineers. doctors, artist etc. work and live in Germany, France, USA, Australia, and many other countries. Only ''clever" Turkey don't want to recognize our scientist.

These weren't yours to begin with. It was built and operated by Russians. You know, you were a vassal state of them back then.

Yes, we were dependent on the Soviet Union. They built this plant. But they going to build yours too. And nowadays you are dependent on the United States. Your prime Erdogan every morning use to calling Bush, now already Obama to ask him what to speak.

Finally, Onur, you have not read the news carefully. The diplomas are fake, counterfeitеd by their owners Turkish citizens, but not by the Bulgarian state or university. Please, stop spreading nonsense.

Anatolian Eagle
07-26-2012, 08:32 PM
One thing I can agree is that making it a must to know Bulgarian to study in Bulgarian universities, or at least English if not Bulgarian.

Onur
07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Onur, you have not read the news carefully. The diplomas are fake, counterfeitеd by their owners Turkish citizens, but not by the Bulgarian state or university. Please, stop spreading nonsense.
Even linking full articles is not enough to prevent your constant lying. Read the article again if you also didn't get your diploma by bribing the school admin;

One thing I can agree is that making it a must to know Bulgarian to study in Bulgarian universities, or at least English if not Bulgarian.
Everything is possible in Bulgaria, you know "bakhshis"? These people are begging for 5 Euros from us, why not ask for 5.000-10.000 Euros for a piece of paper (diplomas)?
FrBVSpGCMfs

But it`s all because of Ottoman heritage. Poor victims of big bad Turkos, they were as innocent as jesus before but we altered their angel behavior. They are praying in churches for 140 years but cant get away from the foul Turkishness in them.

Onur
07-26-2012, 09:05 PM
An article about this issue from a Bulgarian journalist;

Bulgaria Faces Battle of Honor for University Education
Turkey has declared it will consider Bulgarian-issued university diplomas null and void for an indefinite period of time.

Turkey's Council of Higher Education, the institution in charge of accrediting foreign diplomas, defended its decision by saying that the production of counterfeit exam marks and diplomas had reached organized crime proportions.

The document dated July 5, as cited by Bulgarian Trud daily, says that Turkish authorities will not legalize Bulgarian university degrees, transfers from Bulgarian into Turkish universities will not be approved, and the documents already submitted for legalization will be put on hold.

Turkey is voicing suspicions that Turkish students are paying and forging their way through Bulgarian universities without acquiring the respective skills and competences.

As the suspicions echo around the world, the crisis management strategy of Bulgaria's Education Ministry has included two steps: 1) play "uninformed" for as long as possible and 2) when no longer possible, vow checks, inspections, experts' analyses, etc.

While Turkey is spreading the word about Bulgaria being the land of fake diplomas, the institutions in charge are twiddling their thumbs, daring no more than half-hearted interviews for morning broadcasts.

Bulgarian universities are educating some 6000-10 000 Turkish students, according to unofficial reports, with all of them paying several times the fees paid by locals.

However, the major blow will not be a financial one.

If Bulgaria cannot prove it is providing education which is up to international standards, it may as well forget about the much-anticipated lifting of labor restrictions.

Why would any labor market need an unqualified employee?

Why would foreign companies come to do business in Bulgaria if they cannot hire competent staff?

Perhaps Turkey's "No offence, but your education is a fraud" should not get "None taken" as a response. For the sake of all people studying at the country's 51 universities, who do not wish to be seen as criminals by default, just because of the state's passivity.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=141661

Dandelion
07-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Slightly off topic: In Western Europe educated Eastern Europeans often have to work as cleaning personnel, due to their diplomas not being recognised. A Serbian qualified dentist cleaning toilets in Belgium is a reality and does really exist.

Onur
07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Slightly off topic: In Western Europe educated Eastern Europeans often have to work as cleaning personnel, due to their diplomas not being recognised. A Serbian qualified dentist cleaning toilets in Belgium is a reality and does really exist.
This is usually not about their diplomas recognized or not. This is happening because they don't have work permit, mostly staying in the country as illegally. Toilet cleaning, or working as a waitress is the best things they can do without a working permit.

We have same thing in Turkey. There are Moldavian, Ukrainian, Romanian chemists, medical doctors, biologists here working in massage saloons, as babysitters, as charwoman or as a prostitute.

Talvi
07-26-2012, 09:37 PM
My bfs relative didnt get in to a Turkish uni so he was sent to Bulgaria. However he quit because of the bribing because it was impossible to even get to some exams without paying the teachers. He speaks Bulgarian (and Russian) like the whole family of my bfs.

And I cant say Bulgarians really excel in languages either... a bit better than Romanians though.

Dandelion
07-26-2012, 10:00 PM
My bfs relative didnt get in to a Turkish uni so he was sent to Bulgaria. However he quit because of the bribing because it was impossible to even get to some exams without paying the teachers. He speaks Bulgarian (and Russian) like the whole family of my bfs.

And I cant say Bulgarians really excel in languages either... a bit better than Romanians though.

'Gift-oriented' cultures... :(

east
07-30-2012, 02:57 PM
'Gift-oriented' cultures... :(

...which must be grateful to Ottoman Empire..:wink

east
08-02-2012, 01:46 PM

And the best is to learn Bulgarian if you want to study in Bulgaria. I know students from Turkey in Medical university of Sofia. They learn in English, but it appears difficult to them bcs it is foreign for them and teachers too. Also not all subjects can be learn in English. So study in Bulgaria in Bulgarian language. :thumb001:

Ofc you can buy the exams. In our country the professors are low payed and they will not refuse some gift, but if you want to study and get knowledge no one can stop you.