PDA

View Full Version : Latin American rankings per countries (HDI, GDP, Life expectancy, Mortality)

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 09:02 AM
I will be posting here statistical data on the state of development of all the Latin American nations in here. I will start with HDI.

Human Development Index:

The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite statistic used to rank countries by level of "human development", taken as a synonym of the older terms "standard of living" and/or "quality of life", and distinguishing "very high human development", "high human development", "medium human development", and "low human development" countries. HDI was devised and launched by Pakistani economist Mahbub ul Haq, followed by Indian economist Amartya Sen in 1990.[1] The HDI is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education, and standards of living of a country. It is a standard means of measuring well-being, especially child welfare. It is also used to distinguish whether the country is a developed, a developing or an underdeveloped country, and also to measure the impact of economic policies on quality of life. There are also HDI for states, cities, villages, etc. by local organizations or companies which have interest in the matter. The HDI formula result, is a number from 0 to 1, (1 is the best outcome possible).

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/Diegoazul29/IDH3.png

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
GDP per capita:

PIB per cápita (PPA) 2012 -Proyección-.

1 Chile 17,300
2 Argentina 16,600
3 Uruguay 15,800
4 Mexico 14,800
5 Panama 14,600
6 Venezuela 13,500
7 Costa Rica 12,400
8 Brazil 12,100
10 Colombia 10,800
11 Peru 10,300
12 Dominican Republic 9,500
13 Ecuador 8,800
14 El Salvador 7,700
15 Paraguay 5,500
16 Guatemala 5,500
17 Bolivia 5,200
18 Honduras 4,500
19 Nicaragua 3,100
20 Haiti 1,400

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/rawdata_2004.txt

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Homicide rate per 100,000:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/Homicide-world.png/800px-Homicide-world.png

1-Honduras
2-El Salvador
3-Venezuela
4-Guatemala
5-Colombia
6-Dominican Republic
7-Brazil
8-Panama
9-Mexico
10-Ecuador
11-Nicaragua
12-Argentina
13-Paraguay
14-Costa Rica
15-Bolivia
16-Uruguay
17-Chile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Osprey
07-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Costa Rica at 7th?
I always thought of it to be a prosperous little place.
Maybe, their wealth distribution is better than Mexico.

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Costa Rica at 7th?
I always thought of it to be a prosperous little place.
Maybe, their wealth distribution is better than Mexico.

It's less corrupt than Mexico, but I don't think it's too much. They also have a far smaller population. The state where I live has almost the same pop. as Costa Rica.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kpjwcDK3LMc/Ttf4rEsX-ZI/AAAAAAAAAB8/Xhrhj2euCxo/s1600/Slide1.GIF

Uruguay and Chile are the least corrupt.

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 10:40 AM
In Gini coefficent: Nicaragua, Argentina, Costa Rica, Mexico, Argentina, Ecuador have the less inequality. Costa Rica and Mexico are around the same:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/GINIretouchedcolors.png

Osprey
07-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Chile with it wine industries and Urugauy with its abundant cattle and wool, no doubt they are prospering.
One interesting fact about Chile, its 480 km at its widest.
One interesting fact about Uruguay. Its my favorite country in Latin America.

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Chile with it wine industries and Urugauy with its abundant cattle and wool, no doubt they are prospering.
One interesting fact about Chile, its 480 km at its widest.
One interesting fact about Uruguay. Its my favorite country in Latin America.

Chile has a good future, but it's quite inequal, more so than other countries.

Osprey
07-26-2012, 10:46 AM

Sad.

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Also the top most developed countries in HDI are:

1-Chile: Mostly Mestizo (tending to be 70% Euro 30% Indigenous). European and Native American minorities.
2-Argentina: Around half Mestizo and half European with Native American minority. Mestizos there tend to be 75% Euro and 25% Indigenous)
3-Uruguay: Apparently mostly European with Mestizo minority.
4-Cuba: White majority, with very significant black and mulatto populations.
5-Mexico: Mestizo majority (Mestizos tend to be 50/50%) with European and Indigenous minorities.

And the least developed ones:
1-Haiti: Overwhelming black majority, mulatto minority.
2-Guatemala: Half Mestizo (75% Indigenous 25% European on average) half Indigenous.
3-Honduras: Tri-racials mostly with Mestizo minority.
4-Bolivia: Amerindian majority
5-Paraguay: Mestizo majority (on average 75% European, 25% Indigenous) with Amerindian and European minorities.

Osprey
07-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Also the top most developed countries in HDI are:

1-Chile: Mostly Mestizo (tending to be 70% Euro 30% Indigenous). European and Native American minorities.
2-Argentina: Around half Mestizo and half European with Native American minority. Mestizos there tend to be 75% Euro and 25% Indigenous)
3-Uruguay: Apparently mostly European with Mestizo minority.
4-Cuba: White majority, with very significant black and mulatto populations.
5-Mexico: Mestizo majority (Mestizos tend to be 50/50%) with European and Indigenous minorities.

And the least developed ones:
1-Haiti: Overwhelming black majority, mulatto minority.
2-Guatemala: Half Mestizo (75% Indigenous 25% European on average) half Indigenous.
3-Honduras: Tri-racials mostly with Mestizo minority.
4-Bolivia: Amerindian majority
5-Paraguay: Mestizo majority (on average 75% European, 25% Indigenous) with Amerindian and European minorities.

Non White admixture does not necessarily dumb down the intelligence, but sure dumbs the morals.

Han Cholo
07-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Top countries with more internet access:
http://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0308596100000045-gr1.jpg

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Future Human Development Index projections 2050:

Rank Country HDI
1 Japan 998
2 Australia 995
3 France 993
4 Spain 991
5–6 Canada 989
5–6 Norway 989
7 NZ 988
8 Ireland 984
9 Israel 984
10 Italy 984
11 S. Korea 981
12 Netherlands 980
13 Greece 980
14 Switzerland 979
15 Slovenia 977
16 Denmark 977
17 Austria 976
18 Finland 976
19 USA 973
20 UK 972
21 Germany 966
22 Singapore 963
23 Cyprus 959
24 Croatia 956
25 Slovakia 956
26 Hong Kong 956
27 Estonia 953
28 Chile 948
29 Hungary 946
30 Poland 943
31 Qatar 941
32 Cuba 939
33 Latvia 936
34 UAE 934
35 Lithuania 934
36 Portugal 933
37 Mexico 923
38 Bahrain 921
39 Costa Rica 920
40 Belgium 920
41 Bulgaria 918
42 Kuwait 909
43 Argentina 908
44 Libya 907
45 Sweden 906

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Unemployement rate by country:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/montages/2k4a99f09da0.jpg

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 07:37 PM
HIV prevalence in Latin America:
http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/50126521.png

Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador have the lowest.

Haiti, Dominican Republic, Belize, Panama, Guyanas have the biggest :D

Someone is going to like this. xD

Siberyak
07-28-2012, 08:01 PM
what about life expectency?

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Here is the life expectancy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/LatinAmericaLifeExpectancy.svg/339px-LatinAmericaLifeExpectancy.svg.png

Chileans, Cubans, Costa Ricans, Panameans and Mexicans have the highest expenctancy.

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes Mexico is a first world country with high standard of living and almost zero crime, everyone loves to live there hence it's safe and good place to raise kids. Heck I rather live in Mexico then Iceland :rolleyes:

Everyone lets jump the border to Mexico!

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes Mexico is a first world country with high standard of living and almost zero crime, everyone loves to live there hence it's safe and good place to raise kids. Heck I rather live in Mexico then Iceland :rolleyes:

Strawmans. I've never implied Mexico is a first world nation (not even the best in Latin America). But we're far closer to that than you are and this can be verified by all the stats I have posted.

If you only surpass us in HIV infections stats and crimes, whereas we surpass you in GDP per capita, HDI, internet access, life expectancy. What does that mean?

You used to say that at least Dominican Republic was peaceful compared to Mexico but I also proved this is not the case.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/Homicide-world.png/800px-Homicide-world.png

As you can see, Dominican Republic homicide rate is similar to the most drug-war stricken places in NorthWest Mexico. Most of Mexico is in a lighter blue shade, similar to Argentina, Russia and Peru.

Anatolian Eagle
07-28-2012, 09:53 PM

LULz is that what you get from all these statistics? Good! Clearly Mexico is far more developed than Dominican Rep. :thumbs up

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Strawmans. I've never implied Mexico is a first world nation (not even the best in Latin America). But we're far closer to that than you are and this can be verified by all the stats I have posted.

If you only surpass us in HIV infections stats and crimes, whereas we surpass you in GDP per capita, HDI, internet access, life expectancy. What does that mean?

You used to say that at least Dominican Republic was peaceful compared to Mexico but I also proved this is not the case.

As you can see, Dominican Republic homicide rate is similar to the most drug-war stricken places in NorthWest Mexico. Most of Mexico is in a lighter blue shade.

you're right mexii, DR is far worst then Mexico, everyone is going back to Mexico now as everything is so peaceful there. :)

LULz is that what you get from all these statistics? Good! Clearly Mexico is far more developed than Dominican Rep. :thumbs up

Yes dear butt kissing friend, I'm moving to Mexico right away since it's a good place to live.

Look, even the Mennonites love Mexico :D

Since the start of the Mexican Drug War, many Mennonite colonies in Chihuahua have suffered the impact of the drug-related violence. The location of the colonies and the economic success of the Mennonites are the reasons why the community has been affected. The economic achievements have attracted the attention of organized criminal gangs, putting Mennonites at risk of armed robbery, kidnap and extortion. A small number of Mennonites have left the settlements and immigrated to other Mennonite settlements in Alberta, Canada, Belize and Paraguay to escape the violence. Thousands have moved and settled in more secure Mexican states like Campeche, or moved to South America, in countries like Argentina and Bolivia.

Damião de Góis
07-28-2012, 09:59 PM
The biggest economies in Latin America are Brazil and Mexico by far:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/saxv8h.jpg

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:01 PM
you're right mexii, DR is far worst then Mexico, everyone is going back to Mexico now as everything is so peaceful there. :)

Ok, you accepted it now at least.

Yes dear butt kissing friend, I'm moving to Mexico right away since it's a good place to live.

Please don't, return to your island instead. The people of Mexico does not want you.

An anecdote of dubious origin negates all the stats I have posted, that's some nice example of pure nigger logic there.

Anatolian Eagle
07-28-2012, 10:02 PM

Hey don't get mad at me pl0x, I'm not butt-kissing, I just found your reaction funny. From all these statistics you figured out that comment, a sarsacastic way of implying "Mexico is teh best", and you can't even prove or even say otherwise :D

Anatolian Eagle
07-28-2012, 10:04 PM
The biggest economies in Latin America are Brazil and Mexico by far:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/saxv8h.jpg

Better delete the post before you get accused of being butt-kisser :coffee:

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Ok, you accepted it now at least.

Was being sarcastic :)

Please don't, return to your island instead. The people of Mexico does not want you.

Fuuuuuck no, I will never ever want to go to that shithole, not even if they pay me to.

Hey don't get mad at me pl0x, I'm not butt-kissing, I just found your reaction funny. From all these statistics you figured out that comment, a sarsacastic way of implying "Mexico is teh best", and you can't even prove or even say otherwise :D

Fuck off butt kisser, mind your own business in Turkey land. :D

I posted a quote where it clearly mentioned the situation in Mexico, should be enough to scare anyone.

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:10 PM

Sarcastic or not it's true anyway.

Fuuuuuck no, I will never ever want to go to that shithole, not even if they pay me to.

If my country is a shithole what does that turn your country into? Your country is 10 times poorer than mine, in all the aspects I have already reviewed. You can browse the thread to verify it.

I posted a quote where it clearly mentioned the situation in Mexico, should be enough to scare anyone.

The scary thing is that you think that a quote can somehow invalidate all the stats done by the UN and other world organizations I have posted and that it would make people believe my country is as shitty as yours. Seriously, are you retarded?

Damião de Góis
07-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Better delete the post before you get accused of being butt-kisser :coffee:

Whose butt i'm kissing? I just stated a fact.

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Whose butt i'm kissing? I just stated a fact.

There is certain negroid member who considers statistical facts like baygon.

http://manalaclub.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/baygon11.jpg

Anatolian Eagle
07-28-2012, 10:14 PM

FUCK NO! Turkish business got rather boring and tiring, that's why I'm here broski. Mexico is more developed than DR despite the situtation you've given me in quote, what else needs to be said? I have no reason no reason to butt-kissing unlike you who's trying assosiciate his country to Spain to make it look more European or something :D Now tell me about buttkissing. :thumbs up

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 10:14 PM
If my country is a shithole what does that turn your country into? Your country is 10 times poorer than mine, in all the aspects I have already reviewed. You can browse the thread to verify it.

Might be poorer, but I sure lived there in peace and happy all my life , while my buddies from Mexico had a hard time from what I have heard.

Came here because my parents brought me (but we really didn't need to) my mom was just anxious to get to know the US. Already am used to here and I am settle and happy. :)

Peace, happiness over money :thumb001:

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
07-28-2012, 10:16 PM
HIV prevalence in Latin America:
http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/50126521.png

Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador have the lowest.

Haiti, Dominican Republic, Belize, Panama, Guyanas have the biggest :D

Someone is going to like this. xD

seems like the more african genes the more HIV or something, but its correlated data anyway

NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE IN DOMINCAN REPUBLIC WILL YOU STOP WITH THAT lol.

why do they all run to puerto rico?

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Might be poorer, but I sure lived there in peace and happy all my life , while my buddies from Mexico had a hard time from what I have heard.

Well, most your countrymen don't live in peace, given you have one of the higher murder rates in Latin America. Higher than my country by a considerable margin (my country was EVEN lower pre-drug war.).

I live happy in Mexico and this is the reason I don't live in Pennsylvania or New York like yourself.

Came here because my parents brought me (but we really didn't need to) my mom was just anxious to get to know the US. Already am used to here and I am settle and happy. :)

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/godlikelol/Cool_story_bro_interesante_historia_ese.jpg

Peace, happiness over money :thumb001:

For this to be true for the DR, you would have to say "higher inequality, higher poverty, peace, happiness, HIV infection, no internet, no education over money"

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, most your countrymen don't live in peace, given you have one of the higher murder rates in Latin America. Higher than my country by a considerable margin (my country was EVEN lower pre-drug war.).

I live happy in Mexico and this is the reason I don't live in Pennsylvania or New York like yourself.

For this to be true for the DR, you would have to say "higher inequality, higher poverty, peace, happiness, HIV infection, no internet, no education over money"

Like I said, DR might be poor here and there, some crime as well, but it doesn't mean it's as bad or worst then Mexico. I'm happy from where I come from I love that place to death. Both places are great (equally) to me, a privilege I pride myself for :)

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Like I said, DR might be poor here and there

DR is poor everywhere.

, some crime as well

but it doesn't mean it's as bad or worst then Mexico.

Lots of crime actually, and far worse than Mexico. Tell me, how does it feel to have more murders than a country that is in a drug-war?

1-Honduras
2-El Salvador
3-Venezuela
4-Guatemala
5-Colombia
6-Dominican Republic
7-Brazil
8-Panama
9-Mexico
10-Ecuador
11-Nicaragua
12-Argentina
13-Paraguay
14-Costa Rica
15-Bolivia
16-Uruguay
17-Chile

I'm happy from where I come from I love that place to death. Both places are great (equally) to me, a privilege I pride myself for :)

Then why do you live in the USA and don't go back to your proud hellhole?

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 10:26 PM
DR is poor everywhere.

Lots of crime actually, and far worse than Mexico. Tell me, how does it feel to have more murders than a country that is in a drug-war?

To live in DR ? never had a problem.

While my chances of surviving would most likely decrease in Mexico.

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:27 PM
To live in DR ? never had a problem.

While my chances of surviving would most likely decrease in Mexico.

Mexicans live on average 11 years more than Dominicans. If it decreases your chances of survival then explain how do we live healthier, longer than in your country.

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Mexicans live on average 11 years more than Dominicans. If it decreases your chances of survival then explain how do we live healthier, longer than in your country.

Cuba has two years more and they're poorer. I guess it has to do with several reasons, not just crime.

Anyways I haven't had many family members in DR who have lived less then the average life expectancy.

For instance, my great-grandfather (R.I.P 1903-2002) lived for about 100 years in the country side in the same house. He was stronger then my dad probably. :D lol

Btw our life expectancy has increased dramatically over the years, one of the fastest, more then 73 now. ^^

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_dyn_le00_in&idim=country:DOM&dl=en&hl=en&q=life+expectancy+dominican+republic

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Cuba has two years more and they're poorer. I guess it has to do with several reasons, not just crime.

Cuba is not poorer. Cuba is one of the most developed countries in Latin America despite they don't have flashy big buildings. Certainly better than the DR as well.

Anyways I haven't had many family members in DR who have lived less then the average life expectancy.

And??? That your family has lived a lot means that everyone in your country does?

For instance, my great-grandfather (R.I.P 1903-2002) lived for about 100 years in the country side in the same house. He was stronger then my dad probably. :D lol

How is this bullshit relevant? Stats trump boring personal histories and are more objetive.

Btw our life expectancy has increased dramatically over the years, one of the fastest, close to 73 now. ^^

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_dyn_le00_in&idim=country:DOM&dl=en&hl=en&q=life+expectancy+dominican+republic

Still lower than Mexico and Cuba.

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Cuba is not poorer. Cuba is one of the most developed countries in Latin America despite they don't have flashy big buildings. Certainly better than the DR as well.

nope wrong.
It might have good educational system (which it does), but people won't have the same jobs as they could obtain in DR.

Is funny for you to even compare them.

And??? That your family has lived a lot means that everyone in your country does?

Well is not just them but many others as well, but that's not the point, the point is that it certainly has increases.

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 11:08 PM
nope wrong.
It might have good educational system (which it does), but people won't have the same jobs as they could obtain in DR.

Is funny for you to even compare them.

Well is not just them but many others as well, but that's not the point, the point is that it certainly has increases.

Cuba ranks amongst the 10 highest in Latin America while Dominican Republic country ranks amongst the 10 lowest:

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/Diegoazul29/IDH3.png

Cuba is in fact a little better place to live than Mexico, despite they're isolated from the world in many aspects. I think they deserve some respect.

Contusion
07-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I know the America's are referred to as the New World and have only recently been colonized but are there any other reason as to why we don't see population explosions there like those observed in Asia or Africa?

SilverKnight
07-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Cuba ranks amongst the 10 highest in Latin America while Dominican Republic country ranks amongst the 10 lowest:

Cuba is in fact a little better place to live than Mexico, despite they're isolated from the world in many aspects. I think they deserve some respect.

Then go move to Cuba, hence it has higher HDI then Mexico. :rolleyes:

Are you trying to convince me to move there or something? , this a European cultural forum, not a Mexico wants to better then DR one.

Conclusion before I head out to clean car, you know, I have a life.

Both countries have their bad things here and there. But so far Mexico as to what I seen and heard seems to be very unsafe place to live, with a tremendous gap of its poor, with the rich and some middle class benefiting from its higher HDI. In the other hand we have DR with lower HDI but safer then Mexico (overall), with a nice decent booming economy, foreigners wanting to travel there (which they do and love the country and the friendliness of its people).

Finally, overall I must proffered place to live for me and others that has nicest people you can meet, great food, music, culture and history.

Cheers :)

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 11:26 PM

Are you trying to convince me to move there or something? , this a European cultural forum, not a Mexico wants to better then DR one.

Why would I move to Cuba? Cuba right now is better than Mexico but I have to stay here to make my country better than Cuba, Uruguay, Argentina for the next generation.

Both countries have their bad things here and there.

There are complex measurements to "here and there". Numbers exist for a reason and I have been posted numbers while you are discussing in circles.

But so far Mexico as to what I seen and heard seems to be very unsafe place to live, with a tremendous gap of its poor, with the rich and some middle class benefiting from its higher HDI.

Mexico has lower GINI gap than your country as well. We actually are one of the top 10 countries in Latin America which have less rich to poor disparity:

Your country has the same inequality as Brazil, Peru, Chile, Paraguay. It is not one of the lowest in the region, however it's still lower than us.

All of Latin America seems quite bad in this aspect anyway. The whole region needs to work this aspect.

In the other hand we have DR with lower HDI but safer then Mexico (overall)

Actually "overall" the DR is as safe as the least safe states in Mexico, as you can see here:

Walking in the DR you have the same probabilities of getting shot as walking in San Salvador, Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana, Rio de Janeiro.

, with a nice decent booming economy, foreigners wanting to travel there (which they do and love the country and the friendliness of its people).

Your economy and country is not booming, and no one wants to go to Dominican Republic, except Haitians. ANd friendliness of the people is just an opinion. I can say Mexicans are very friendly too because most of my friends are Mexican.

Finally, overall I must proffered place to live for me and others that has nicest people you can meet, great food, music, culture and history.

:D What does this mean?

Supreme American
07-28-2012, 11:27 PM
I know the America's are referred to as the New World and have only recently been colonized but are there any other reason as to why we don't see population explosions there like those observed in Asia or Africa?

Because third worlders reproduce like rabbits and die like flies.

Contusion
07-28-2012, 11:31 PM

Okay but I consider everything south of San Antonio to be third world. What gives?

Han Cholo
07-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Okay but I consider everything south of San Antonio to be third world. What gives?

What is what makes a country really third world? The area south of San Antonio has a development level similar to Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria or Croatia.

HDI works better than this "black/white" third/second/first world classification:

http://filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/human-development-index-hdi-in-2002.jpg

If I were to interpretate "third world" it would be the red, orange and lower end yellow countries.

SilverKnight
07-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Some interesting Latin America and world statistics. (Intended to discuss normally).

----- Housing ------

Translation in cloud:
Number of mouths required to purchase a house with such salary/ income.

http://services.iadb.org/wmsfiles/images/0x0/dia-gallery-5-es-13299.png

Food production and malnutrition.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7831/capture20120714013221.png[/URL]

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8614/capture20120714013414.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/capture20120714013414.png/)

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2360/capture20120714012931.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/capture20120714012931.png/)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9466/capture20120714020356.png

Others

World's most dangerous cities (Spanish)
Legend (from left-right)

1.City 2.Country 3. Homicide for every 100,000 inhabitants 4. Total Homicides

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f-JOdo1as0M/TTCH4v8qMFI/AAAAAAAAAZM/rTmGeXKfZVU/s1600/Most+dangerous+cities+world.jpg

Percentage of the population victimized by politicians/ police at least once that year.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6467/pociascorruptos.png

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561877_10150920359709815_100704744814_12905745_742 938420_n.jpg

Internet use and some economic data

---- Internet use Latin America ----

http://s16.postimage.org/qwzqnp445/2ez43zk.png (http://postimage.org/)

---- GDP per capita (2011) ------

http://i55.tinypic.com/1y8lz6.png

----- Economic growth (%) of total GDP ---- 1981-2010
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG

1981-1990

http://s15.postimage.org/at5t7yp0b/image.png (http://postimage.org/)

1991-2000
http://s15.postimage.org/vrbz61ouz/image.png (http://postimage.org/)

2001-2010

http://s15.postimage.org/aiyaomae3/image.png (http://postimage.org/)

1981-2010 (Overall %)
http://s15.postimage.org/5lkq3i8ez/image.png (http://postimage.org/)

Han Cholo
07-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Literacy rates:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/World_literacy_map_UNHD_2007_2008.png

http://www.remburssi.org/projects/brazil/IMG00001.GIF

Supreme American
07-30-2012, 01:04 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561877_10150920359709815_100704744814_12905745_742 938420_n.jpg

Population figures include all illegal aliens, so it's not exactly accurate.

Xenomorph
07-30-2012, 01:48 AM

What's with the Northern Territory in Australia having so many murders?

Han Cholo
07-30-2012, 01:51 AM
What's with the Northern Territory in Australia having so many murders?

Aboriginals I guess.

SilverKnight
07-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Aboriginals I guess.

Correct, also in domestic violence.

Jarocho
11-04-2012, 09:20 AM

Conclusion before I head out to clean car, you know, I have a life.

Both countries have their bad things here and there. But so far Mexico as to what I seen and heard seems to be very unsafe place to live, with a tremendous gap of its poor, with the rich and some middle class benefiting from its higher HDI. In the other hand we have DR with lower HDI but safer then Mexico (overall), with a nice decent booming economy, foreigners wanting to travel there (which they do and love the country and the friendliness of its people).

dumbass shut the fuck up, there is no gap between the poor and rich in Mexico, that was only in the 80's-90's where there was literally no middle class, but now things have changed and the middle lower class make up the majority, in your country the majority are still lower class, even with that small as population :picard1:

yeah so much fucken gap, dumbass

A/B: Upper Class: 4.4%
C+: Middle- Upper Class: 12.3%
C: Middle-Middle Class: 17.9%
D+: Middle-Lower Class: 39.1%
D: Lower Class: 21.6%
E: Poverty: 4.7%

http://i.imgur.com/sPHQQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/aOewe.png

pinguino
12-23-2012, 03:54 AM

It may be, but prosperity is seen everywhere these days. Chile is growing continuosly, and people of this generation enjoys a quality of life unseen by previous generations.

The country and economy are working.

Black Sun Dimension
12-23-2012, 04:07 AM
It may be, but prosperity is seen everywhere these days. Chile is growing continuosly, and people of this generation enjoys a quality of life unseen by previous generations.

The country and economy are working.

Mientras que Argentina se esta yendo por el barranco. Antier creo que fue que hubieron protestas y saqueos en varias ciudades y hasta hubo muerto.

pinguino
12-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Me temo que los argentinos llegarán por acá en masa.

Black Sun Dimension
12-23-2012, 04:12 AM

La crisis del 2001 ocasiono que miles de argentinos emigraran. No se por donde va la cosa todavía, pero no creo que se ponga tan fuerte como hace una década.

pinguino
12-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Argentina está en una decadencia permanente. No se por que ha pasado eso, pero es extraño. Dados los recursos humanos y naturales de Argentina, debieran tener el nivel de un país desarrollado hace rato.

Black Sun Dimension
12-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Argentina está en una decadencia permanente. No se por que ha pasado eso, pero es extraño. Dados los recursos humanos y naturales de Argentina, debieran tener el nivel de un país desarrollado hace rato.

La corrupción, como en casi toda la región :shrug:. Si te pones a ver los países menos corruptos son Uruguay y Chile, por lo que no es coincidencia que sean los mas estables y prometedores.

perikolez
12-23-2012, 02:54 PM

La cantidad de chilenos en Argentina es mucho mayor que la de argentinos en Chile. Ademas, a la hora de emigrar no creo que Chile este en las preferencias argentinas.

pinguino
12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
La cantidad de chilenos en Argentina es mucho mayor que la de argentinos en Chile. Ademas, a la hora de emigrar no creo que Chile este en las preferencias argentinas.

Lo que ocurre es que en Argentina la seguridad social es muy superior a la chilena. Aquí prima el capitalismo salvaje y la universidad se paga. Para venirse acá hay que trabajar como burro, y al argentino le gusta disfrutar la vida.

perikolez
12-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Lo que ocurre es que en Argentina la seguridad social es muy superior a la chilena. Aquí prima el capitalismo salvaje y la universidad se paga. Para venirse acá hay que trabajar como burro, y al argentino le gusta disfrutar la vida.

Para trabajar como un burro y no disfrutar de la vida en Chile, prefiero estar disfrutando de la vida en Argentina.

pinguino
12-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Para trabajar como un burro y no disfrutar de la vida en Chile, prefiero estar disfrutando de la vida en Argentina.

Pues claro. Hay chilenos que piensan lo mismo. El problema con Argentina es que no ha progresado un ápice en cincuenta años! Sigue manteniendo un nivel de vida mediano que adquirió hace medio siglo, pero jamás logró dar el siguiente paso, simplemente porque no quieren hacer el sacrificio.

Aquí en Chile se trabaja como burro, con largas jornadas y abusos patronales, pero así y todo gozamos hoy de niveles de vida muy superiores a los de generaciones anteriores, y hoy por fin comparables con Argentina. Pero la seguridad social aquí es mínima, al contrario de Argentina. Si en Chile te da cancer, o tienes dos hijos en la universidad, te arruinas con toda la familia.

perikolez
12-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Pues claro. Hay chilenos que piensan lo mismo. El problema con Argentina es que no ha progresado un ápice en cincuenta años! Sigue manteniendo un nivel de vida mediano que adquirió hace medio siglo, pero jamás logró dar el siguiente paso, simplemente porque no quieren hacer el sacrificio.

Aquí en Chile se trabaja como burro, con largas jornadas y abusos patronales, pero así y todo gozamos hoy de niveles de vida muy superiores a los de generaciones anteriores, y hoy por fin comparables con Argentina. Pero la seguridad social aquí es mínima, al contrario de Argentina. Si en Chile te da cancer, o tienes dos hijos en la universidad, te arruinas con toda la familia.

El tener seguridad social , o tener universidades publicas baratas tambien cuenta en el nivel de vida. Si tienes largas jornadas laborales, y abusos patronales , entonces el nivel de vida no es tan bueno. Como mucho tendras mas dinero para consumir, pero no tendras tiempo para disfrutar tus compras.

Argentina no esta peor que hace 50 años. El problema es que su poblacion mestiza es una de la infradesarrolladas culturalmente de America. La diferencia con respecto a hace 50 años, es que los mestizos no contaban para nada, porque vivian en el interior lejos de Buenos Aires, y sin embargo ahora cuentan porque han invadido Buenos Aires. No creo que la clase media argentina este proporcionalmente peor ahora que hace 50 años. La situacion economica de Argentina de la epoca de las guerras mundiales esta altamente sobrevalorada. Simplemente tuvo un buen momento aprovechando que la gran mayoria de los paises desarrollados estaban en guerra, y quizas la clase media tenia un nivel de vida decente para la epoca, pero los mestizos no pintaban nada y vivian mucho peor que ahora.

pinguino
12-25-2012, 09:38 PM
El problema de Argentina no son los mestizos. De otra forma no puedes explicar porqué un país mestizo como Chile se desempeña economicamente mejor que Argentina.
El problema de Argentina es mental. Es la cultura europea que fracasó en ese país, y que no puede reflotar por más que lo intente.

perikolez
12-25-2012, 10:22 PM
El problema de Argentina no son los mestizos. De otra forma no puedes explicar porqué un país mestizo como Chile se desempeña economicamente mejor que Argentina.
El problema de Argentina es mental. Es la cultura europea que fracasó en ese país, y que no puede reflotar por más que lo intente.

No , la cultura europea no fracaso desde el momento en que la mayor parte de America (incluido Chile) tiene un fuerte componente cultural europeo.Los mestizos argentinos que yo sepa hablan un idioma de origen europeo, siguen una religion europea, tienen nombres europeos, y geneticamente tienen un importante componente europeo. En definitiva, no son una tribu de Las Islas Salomon, sino que ya estaban bastante occidentalizados dentro de su pobreza. Ademas, los paises mas ricos son los poblados por europeos con mentalidad "europea".

El problema de Argentina era montarse un EEUU , o Australia totalmente diferente a lo anterior con gente extranjera, cuando era imposible, ya que la poblacion preinmigratoria era demasiado grande para ser sustituida. No puedes montar un pais en contra de su propia poblacion , y a los mestizos argentinos no se los podian cargar como a los aborigenes australianos. En definitiva, intentaron suplantar a la poblacion local intentando inventarse un nuevo pais ficticio, olvidandose de los mestizos que como minimo siempre han sido el 40% de la poblacion, y eso no puede funcionar.

En cualquier caso, tan mal no le ha ido a Argentina cuando es de los paises mas desarrollados de America , y en cuanto a repercusion e importancia mundial, le da bastantes vueltas a Chile. Los pobres de Argentina nunca han emigrado en masa a Chile, mientras los chilenos emigraron en masa a Argentina cuando se morian de hambre a comienzos de los 80.

Incal
12-26-2012, 12:07 AM

De acuerdo.

Han Cholo
12-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Argentina como sea es un buen lugar. Debe de tener sus lados negativos pero definitivamente sigue siendo de los países más desarrollados en Latinoamerica. Chile y Uruguay son los que actualmente llevan la delantera. Aunque a veces preferiría no confiarme tanto del HDI, pensándolo nuevamente, ya que los países que siguen son Cuba y México, y eso deja mucho a pensar...

pinguino
12-26-2012, 02:38 AM
De acuerdo.

Y, de paso, así como van las cosas, creo que en la próxima década Peru también superará a Argentina.

pinguino
12-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Argentina como sea es un buen lugar. Debe de tener sus lados negativos pero definitivamente sigue siendo de los países más desarrollados en Latinoamerica. Chile y Uruguay son los que actualmente llevan la delantera. Aunque a veces preferiría no confiarme tanto del HDI, pensándolo nuevamente, ya que los países que siguen son Cuba y México, y eso deja mucho a pensar...

Cuba esta muy atrás en desarrollo económico. Está por ahí no más, entre Guatemala y República Dominicana, tirando para Haiti.

Mexico? Mexico es un caso extraño, tal como Argentina. Por un lado tiene un gran desarrollo industrial y mediatico, pero por otro un elevado nivel de pobreza, violencia y delincuencia, pero por sobre todo corrupción y desorden. Creo mucho más factible que en el mediano plazo se arregle Colombia que Mexico. Con respecto a Cuba, la única salida es que los hermanos Castro se vayan al cielo.

Otros países de la región son mucho más dinámicos. En centroamérica está Costa Rica, en Sudamérica Brasil y Perú. Creo que ellos van a salir adelante muy pronto para liderar al resto de aturdidos.

Laubach
12-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Cuba esta muy atrás en desarrollo económico. Está por ahí no más, entre Guatemala y República Dominicana, tirando para Haiti.

Mexico? Mexico es un caso extraño, tal como Argentina. Por un lado tiene un gran desarrollo industrial y mediatico, pero por otro un elevado nivel de pobreza, violencia y delincuencia, pero por sobre todo corrupción y desorden. Creo mucho más factible que en el mediano plazo se arregle Colombia que Mexico. Con respecto a Cuba, la única salida es que los hermanos Castro se vayan al cielo.

Otros países de la región son mucho más dinámicos. En centroamérica está Costa Rica, en Sudamérica Brasil y Perú. Creo que ellos van a salir adelante muy pronto para liderar al resto de aturdidos.

Peru :confused:

Bobby Six Killer
12-26-2012, 04:12 AM

Yo creo nuestro problema es meramente social. Nuestro problema es la sociedad. Conciencia sobre todo. A final de cuentas supongo que económicamente estamos estables, más no veo un alto indice de crecimiento.

Para serte sincero yo creo 2012 fue un año pésimo para todo el mundo.

Incal
12-26-2012, 04:16 AM
Creo mucho más factible que en el mediano plazo se arregle Colombia que Mexico.

Creo lo mismo.

Bobby Six Killer
12-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Cual creen uds que es el problema de México?

Incal
12-26-2012, 04:28 AM

Dejadez.

Bobby Six Killer
12-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Dejadez.

Púes si haces una revolución retrocederíamos un paso mas al Hades, si de por si no estamos bien, pasaríamos a estar como Nicaragua o algo así.

Querubín
12-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Peru :confused:

Al menos, Lima ha sido una de las ciudades con mayor desarrollo economico en los ultimos años. Ha crecido mucho y muy rapido

Querubín
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM

El PRI y su sistema que aunque aportan estabilidad me parece que constituyen el cancer de mexico

Neanderthal
12-26-2012, 07:03 PM
El PRI y su sistema que aunque aportan estabilidad me parece que constituyen el cancer de mexico

El PRI será una mierda corrupta en muchos ambitos, pero me esta gustando bastante su programa de 'estancias infantiles.' La educación como sabemos es la base de todo y con la nueva reforma educativa del PRI tal vez aparesca un rayo de luz en la oscuridad, no digo inmediatamente, pero en unos 20 años probablemente veremos resultados...

Bobby Six Killer
12-26-2012, 08:18 PM
El PRI será una mierda corrupta en muchos ambitos, pero me esta gustando bastante su programa de 'estancias infantiles.' La educación como sabemos es la base de todo y con la nueva reforma educativa del PRI tal vez aparesca un rayo de luz en la oscuridad, no digo inmediatamente, pero en unos 20 años probablemente veremos resultados...

El problema de México es meramente social.

Los Inconformes
http://p.twimg.com/Aw2IsCRCAAA0PDI.jpg:large

El Malinchismo
"Mire ama por fin voy mejorar la rasa y tener hijos weritos"
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487172_3529733717026_321641845_n.jpg
Sin Comentarios
http://www.prensalibre.com/jalapa/MEXICANO_PREIMA20120205_0144_11.jpg

La ignorancia
http://laprimeraplana.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/san-judas-agosto-472x300.jpg
"con mi santa voy a hacerme rico robando autos"
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FYRjoNeiiEo/TiNAMbl77tI/AAAAAAAABEE/JLvBMOg3SdA/s400/Joven-Santa-Muerte.jpg

A la verga el mundo quiero ser Narco
http://www.chuntaritos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/20110818_02.jpg
http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/XStatic/vanguardia/images/espanol/ninios-crimen-organizado-me.jpg

Querubín
12-26-2012, 08:42 PM

En que consiste ese programa. Yo de eso no me fiaria un pelo pq normalmente los cambios en los sistemas educativos es a peor al menos en lo que a contenidos se refiere. El unico punto positivo es que se hacen para que haya menos analfabetos y la gente tenga un nivel minimo, pero si hablamos de maximos estos suelen bajar muchisimo en cada reforma. Eso al menos en españa donde se implmentan reformas que ya han fracasado en otros puntos.

Si la reforma viene de un partido corruptisimo me fiaria aun menos pq este y sobretodo si es hegemonico como el PRI lo que busca es perpetuarse en el poder. Para poder perpetuarse este tipo de partidos lo que buscan es que los sistemas educativos no sean buenos.

Querubín
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
El problema de México es meramente social.

Los Inconformes
http://p.twimg.com/Aw2IsCRCAAA0PDI.jpg:large

El Malinchismo
"Mire ama por fin voy mejorar la rasa y tener hijos weritos"
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487172_3529733717026_321641845_n.jpg
Sin Comentarios
http://www.prensalibre.com/jalapa/MEXICANO_PREIMA20120205_0144_11.jpg

La ignorancia
http://laprimeraplana.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/san-judas-agosto-472x300.jpg
"con mi santa voy a hacerme rico robando autos"
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FYRjoNeiiEo/TiNAMbl77tI/AAAAAAAABEE/JLvBMOg3SdA/s400/Joven-Santa-Muerte.jpg

A la verga el mundo quiero ser Narco
http://www.chuntaritos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/20110818_02.jpg
http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/XStatic/vanguardia/images/espanol/ninios-crimen-organizado-me.jpg

Y quien ha montado eso? Donde se originan esos problemas? El PRI seguramente tanga mucha culpa pq ha sido un partido hegemonico durante un siglo aproximadamente llegando a organizar fraudes electorales aun estando en la oposicion. Es mas, el PRI es hegemonico por esos problemas de mexico. El problema en si no es el PRI, es el modelo PRI

Bobby Six Killer
12-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Y quien ha montado eso? Donde se originan esos problemas? El PRI seguramente tanga mucha culpa pq ha sido un partido hegemonico durante un siglo aproximadamente llegando a organizar fraudes electorales aun estando en la oposicion. Es mas, el PRI es hegemonico por esos problemas de mexico. El problema en si no es el PRI, es el modelo PRI

Seguramente si, durante su mandato introdujeron la filosofía de "El que no tranza, no avanza"

pinguino
12-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Al menos, Lima ha sido una de las ciudades con mayor desarrollo economico en los ultimos años. Ha crecido mucho y muy rapido

Por acá ya se nota que Perú está avanzando.

BLUEU
05-29-2013, 06:35 PM
HDI 2013:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/UN_Human_Development_Report_2013.svg

Very high human development
1 Chile 0.819
2 Argentina 0.811
High human development
3 Uruguay 0.792
4 Cuba 0.780
5 Panama 0.780
6 Mexico 0.775
7 Costa Rica 0.773
8 Venezuela 0.748
9 Peru 0.741
10 Brazil 0.730
11 Ecuador 0.724
12 Colombia 0.719
Medium human development
13 Dominican Republic 0.702
14 Bolivia 0.680
15 El Salvador0.680
16 Paraguay 0.669
17 Honduras 0.632
18 Nicaragua 0.599
19 Guatemala 0.581
Low human development
20 Haiti 0.456

Feral
05-29-2013, 06:38 PM
HDI 2013:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/UN_Human_Development_Report_2013.svg
Why this two differ? :confused:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/2013_UN_Human_Development_Report_Quartiles.svg/800px-2013_UN_Human_Development_Report_Quartiles.svg.png

BLUEU
05-29-2013, 06:47 PM
First one is more detailed, the second one is divided into the 4 categories of Very High HDI, High HDI, Medium HDI and Low HDI.

BLUEU
05-31-2013, 01:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Gdpercapita.PNG

curupira
05-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Nominal GDP per capita, 2012 (IMF estimate):

1. Chile 15,410
2. Uruguay 14,614
3. Brazil 12,079
4. Argentina 11,576
5. Mexico 10,247
6. Panama 9,919
7. Costa Rica 9,673
8. Colombia 7,855
9. Peru 6,530
10. Dominican Republic 5,763
11. Ecuador 5,311
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita#cite _note-4

Nominal GDP of Latin American cities (2012) in U$:

Latin American cities"[2]
City country GDP, U$
São Paulo Brazil 472131
Mexico city Mexico 262093
Buenos Aires Argentina 202476
Rio de Janeiro Brazil 176694
Santiago Chile 110081
Bogotá Colombia 92.917
Lima Peru 89888
Belo Horizonte Brazil 82062
Monterrey Mexico 77122
Curitiba Brazil 61435
Porto Alegre Brazil 58574
Salvador Brazil 47811
Caracas Venezuela 45239
Guadalajara Mexico 41505
Recife Brazil 39063
Medellin Colombia 28923
San José Costa Rica 24012
Maracaibo Venezuela 24012
http://www.urosario.edu.co/urosario_files/e4/e4b39936-b5f0-42c7-bf2e-f30c34018ef2.pdf

Nominal GDP per capita of Latin American cities (in U$), 2012

City country GDP per capita, U$
Brasília Brazil 30027
São Paulo Brazil 23372
Monterrey México 22191
Curitiba Brazil 17160
Santiago Chile 16737
Belo Horizonte Brazil 16254
Maracaibo Venezuela 15827
Buenos Aires Argentina 15827
Panama City Panamá 14597
Rio de Janeiro Brazil 14215
Salvador Brazil 13419
Porto Alegre Brazil 13352
Mexico city Mexico 12461
Lima Peru 12283
http://www.urosario.edu.co/urosario_files/e4/e4b39936-b5f0-42c7-bf2e-f30c34018ef2.pdf

Steel production (indicator related to industrial output) of the three largest Latin American economies:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rzpf78.png

BLUEU
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2012/11/emotional-map2.jpg

Han Cholo
05-31-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2012/11/emotional-map2.jpg

What does this even mean?

Feral
05-31-2013, 09:14 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/28/a-color-coded-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-emotional-countries/

People in the Americas are just exuberant. Every nation on the North and South American continents ranked highly on the survey. Americans and Canadians are both among the 15 most emotional countries in the world, as well as ten Latin countries. The only non-American countries in the top 15, other than the Philippines, are the Arab nations of Oman and Bahrain, both of which rank very highly.

English- and Spanish-speaking societies tend to be highly emotional and happy. Though the Anglophone nations of the world retain deep cultural links, it’s not clear if Spain’s emotional depth has anything to do with Latin America’s. According to Gallup, “Latin America leads the world when it comes to positive emotions, with Panama, Paraguay, and Venezuela at the top of that list.” Yes, even Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela is apparently filled with happy people.

Estaría bueno ver un poco de esa alegria en esta sección. :lol:

Armand_Duval
06-02-2013, 09:08 PM
HDI 2013:

Very high human development
1 Chile 0.819
2 Argentina 0.811
High human development
3 Uruguay 0.792
4 Cuba 0.780
5 Panama 0.780
6 Mexico 0.775
7 Costa Rica 0.773
8 Venezuela 0.748
9 Peru 0.741
10 Brazil 0.730
11 Ecuador 0.724
12 Colombia 0.719
Medium human development
13 Dominican Republic 0.702
14 Bolivia 0.680
15 El Salvador0.680
16 Paraguay 0.669
17 Honduras 0.632
18 Nicaragua 0.599
19 Guatemala 0.581
Low human development
20 Haiti 0.456

I think Argentina placed at very high is rather overrated.

Dont get me misunderstood I dont want to troll argentineans I dont dislike them either, however it gets my attention that in recent times there is an important number of argentineans immigrating to mexico.

You can see a lot if them now a days in places such as Colonia Condesa and Colonia Roma in mexico city working as waiters.

While you can hardly see a chilean in Mexico.

Question is: If Argentina has a very high HDI why is that they left their utopy country to a less developed place where they are hired to make for a living?.

Feral
06-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I think Argentina placed at very high is rather overrater.

Dont get me misunderstood I dont want to troll argentineans I dont dislike them either, however it gets my attention that in recent times there is an important number of argentineans immigrating to mexico.

You can see a lot if them now a days in places such as Colonia Condesa and Colonia Roma in mexico city working as waiters.

While you can hardly see a chilean in Mexico.

Question is: If Argentina has a very high HDI why is that they left their utopy country to a less developed place where they are hired to make for a living?.

I question it, too. May be the ''presidenta'' put her hands on it? :lol:

Tropico
06-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Donde esta Puerto Rico? Are we absent because of our technicality when it comes to being a country?

BLUEU
06-02-2013, 09:42 PM

It's posssible, according to this source the GDP was overestimated.
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2013/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=33&pr.y=14&sy=2012&ey=2012&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=213&s=NGDP_R&grp=0&a=

Andarijo
06-03-2013, 01:14 AM

EEEE LELEOOO
LELEOOO
LELEOOO
LELEOO
BRAZIL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzS61Jennkw

Naldo explain how new brazilian HDI increase... (detail= Em cima, em cima, em cima!!)

Feral
06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
EEEE LELEOOO
LELEOOO
LELEOOO
LELEOO
BRAZIL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzS61Jennkw

Naldo explain how new brazilian HDI increase... (detail= Em cima, em cima, em cima!!)

Eu não entendi. :P

Andarijo
06-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Eu não entendi. :P

Deixa pra lá, eu também não,kkk.

Andarijo
06-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Índice de Desenvolvimento Humano

Chile, Argentina e Uruguai, esperado.
Cuba,huuuuummmmmm, estranho.
Panamá, surpresa.

Brasil, (em ciima, em ciima)

Agora, um indicador que pode ter grande influência na qualidade e padrão de vida das populações é a fecundidade.

Eu sei que as taxas de fecundidade de Chile, Argentina e até mesmo de Cuba, são bem baixos.

Se você comparar, em escala mundial, os 10 países com maior IDH com os 10 com menor IDH, irá perceber que enquanto todos os melhores países tem fecundidade mais baixa todos os piores países terão fecundidade muito elevada.

Neanderthal
06-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Índice de Desenvolvimento Humano

Chile, Argentina e Uruguai, esperado.
Cuba,huuuuummmmmm, estranho.
Panamá, surpresa.

Brasil, (em ciima, em ciima)

Agora, um indicador que pode ter grande influência na qualidade e padrão de vida das populações é a fecundidade.

Eu sei que as taxas de fecundidade de Chile, Argentina e até mesmo de Cuba, são bem baixos.

Se você comparar, em escala mundial, os 10 países com maior IDH com os 10 com menor IDH, irá perceber que enquanto todos os melhores países tem fecundidade mais baixa todos os piores países terão fecundidade muito elevada.

Cabeça chata.

curupira
06-13-2013, 11:38 AM
List of Latin American countries by the number of billionaires in U$ (Forbes 2013):

Brazil - 46
Mexico - 15
Chile - 14
Peru - 9
Argentina - 5
Colombia - 5

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ricardogeromel/2013/03/06/full-list-latin-american-billionaires-of-2013/

1. Chile 15,410
2. Uruguay 14,614
3. Brazil 12,079
4. Argentina 11,576
5. Mexico 10,247
6. Panama 9,919
7. Costa Rica 9,673
8. Colombia 7,855
9. Peru 6,530
11. Ecuador 5,311

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita#cite _note-4

City country GDP, U$
São Paulo Brazil 472131
Santiago Chile 110081
Bogotá Colombia 92.917
Lima Peru 89888
Monterrey Mexico 77122
Curitiba Brazil 61435
Salvador Brazil 47811
Caracas Venezuela 45239
Guadalajara Mexico 41505
Recife Brazil 39063
Medellin Colombia 28923

Brasília Brazil 30027
São Paulo Brazil 23372
Monterrey México 22191
Curitiba Brazil 17160
Santiago Chile 16737
Panama City Panamá 14597
Salvador Brazil 13419
Mexico city Mexico 12461
Lima Peru 12283

Steel production (indicator related to industrial output) of the three largest Latin American economies:

MissProvocateur
06-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Some people here seem to be idealizing Uruguay, lol. Yes, it is relatively safe, and most people are not starving on the streets. But this country is awfully boring with little to no opportunity for those seeking a successful professional job. Nothing ever happens, and the small population makes people get into everyone's business. Not only that, but the average Uruguayan has little to no interest in the outside world. Everyone here seeks a simple, boring life. There's little to no ambition within the people, no incentive to work and improve our country. People love to talk about improving our country, and yet they never do anything. The syndicates and unions seem to have more power than the government, making the average Uruguayan lazy and boring. The taxes are also incredibly high, and the government never uses it wisely (Instead of investing it in education, they choose to invest it in giving even MORE power to the Unions)

So, in average, yes, Uruguay is a safe country. But it is awfully boring and gray. The government tries to give first world policies to a third world country, and frankly, it doesn't work.

MissProvocateur
06-13-2013, 12:11 PM

That´s stereotyping. Uruguay has a population growth of 0, and is facing a decline. The life expectancy is 75-76.

Feral
06-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Some people here seem to be idealizing Uruguay, lol. Yes, it is relatively safe, and most people are not starving on the streets. But this country is awfully boring with little to no opportunity for those seeking a successful professional job. Nothing ever happens, and the small population makes people get into everyone's business. Not only that, but the average Uruguayan has little to no interest in the outside world. Everyone here seeks a simple, boring life. There's little to no ambition within the people, no incentive to work and improve our country. People love to talk about improving our country, and yet they never do anything. The syndicates and unions seem to have more power than the government, making the average Uruguayan lazy and boring. The taxes are also incredibly high, and the government never uses it wisely (Instead of investing it in education, they choose to invest it in giving even MORE power to the Unions)

So, in average, yes, Uruguay is a safe country. But it is awfully boring and gray. The government tries to give first world policies to a third world country, and frankly, it doesn't work.

Bueh, pero vos también te vas al otro extremo. xD

Brighton
06-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Bueh, pero vos también te vas al otro extremo. xD
Jaja si yo tambien creo que vos te vay al extremo Fufuangeli.. obvio que hay problemas, yo también creo que la mayoría de los paises en América Latina tienen impuestos demasiado altos -no es el caso de Chile que afortunadamente tiende a ser más liberal en sus políticas-, pero si vos comparai Uruguay con no sé, Bolivia o Paraguay, estay viviendo realmente a otro nivel.

También tenís que pensar -sori Feral jaja- que tienen un nivel de corrupción mucho mas bajo que Argentina.. y que son una sociedad mucho más tolerante que la chilena!

Brighton
06-13-2013, 06:45 PM
List of Latin American countries by the number of billionaires in U$ (Forbes 2013):

Brazil - 46
Mexico - 15
Chile - 14
Peru - 9
Argentina - 5
Colombia - 5

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ricardogeromel/2013/03/06/full-list-latin-american-billionaires-of-2013/
I've never been to the Luksic's (Chilean-Croatian family), Matte's (Chilean-French family) or Solari's (Chilean-Italian family) houses, but I've got a friend who is the daughter of the Santiago Stock Exchange president, which happens to be the third largest in LatAm, and it really was another world.. this coming from a person like me whose family isn't passing a bad time at all.

I was invited to her birthday and it felt like someone was getting married.. she actually had Dominican and Colombian maids and I would swear it's because they think it's "cooler" or "more luxurious" to have Black maids..

Anyway, if that house was what it was like, I can't even imagine what they Luksic's (Iris Fontbona is Luksic's widow) house would look like.

Han Cholo
06-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I have heard Chile, despite being the most developed country in Latin America, is the one with biggest inequalities between rich and poor, even far more than countries that are also bad in this aspect, such as Mexico.

I would like Brighton to confirm/deny/explain this.

Incal
06-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I have heard Chile, despite being the most developed country in Latin America, is the one with biggest inequalities between rich and poor, even far more than countries that are also bad in this aspect, such as Mexico.

Nah. Inequalities are wider in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil, etc...

Lemon Kush
06-13-2013, 10:06 PM
It seems the countries with more Euro settlement are the ones that are better off

Han Cholo
06-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Nah. Inequalities are wider in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil, etc...

Not Peru:

Had forgotten about this map. According to this it's on similar inequalities than Chile (and Brazil). Bolivia and Colombia are indeed more fucked up.

Nicaragua seems to have the less inequality in Latin America, I guess in their case it means they're all equally poor.

Brighton
06-14-2013, 12:38 AM

Yes it is.

The thing is.. income inequality is wider in Chile. However, here nearly everyone has access to electricity, water, etc.. which is not the case in the Andean countries.

Also, the poorest 20% of Chileans have a higher income than the poorest 20% of Uruguayans, Mexicans, Brazilians or Venezuelans, even if this country is more unequal than those..

Han Cholo
06-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Yes it is.

The thing is.. income inequality is wider in Chile. However, here nearly everyone has access to electricity, water, etc.. which is not the case in the Andean countries.

Also, the poorest 20% of Chileans have a higher income than the poorest 20% of Uruguayans, Mexicans, Brazilians or Venezuelans, even if this country is more unequal than those..

Do you think the 20% richest of Chile have higher income than the highest 20% of Mexico? I somehow doubt that, but if you show a source link I will believe.

Because if the 20% poorer chileans, (with the high inequality Chile has) are better off than the 20% poor Mexicans, it would mean Chilean top 20% lives far better than the elites in Mexico so this equation makes sense.

Incal
06-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Because if the 20% poorer chileans, (with the high inequality Chile has) are better off than the 20% poor Mexicans, it would mean Chilean top 20% lives far better than the elites in Mexico so this equation makes sense.

Not necessarily.

Brighton
06-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Do you think the 20% richest of Chile have higher income than the highest 20% of Mexico? I somehow doubt that, but if you show a source link I will believe.

Well, I watched some data about certain Latin countries..

Mexico -> Gini: 48.3 / GDP PPP per capita: 15,900 / Working class: 5,500 / Upper middle class: 42,000
Chile -> Gini 52.1 / GDP PPP per capita: 19,500 / Working class: 6,000 / Upper middle class: 57,200

I wouldn't doubt. Mexico's got 15 billionaires and Chile 14. Now compare the countries' population.. the working classes are very close though. Bolivia is more unequal though

Bolivia: Gini 58.2 / GDP PPP per capita: 5,300 / Working class: 1,000 / Upper middle class: 15,800

curupira
06-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Top ten universities in Latin America in 2013:

1. USP Brasil
2. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Chile
3. Unicamp Brasil
4. Universidad de Los Andes Colombia
5. Universidad de Chile Chile
6. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Mexico
7. ITESM (Tecnológico de Monterrey) Mexico
8. UFRJ Brasil
9. Universidad Nacional de Colombia Colombia
10. UFMG Brasil

Out of 10, 4 are from Brazil, 2 are from Mexico, 2 are from Chile and 2 from Colombia.

http://www.iu.qs.com/2013/05/24/2013qsurlat/
http://www.topuniversities.com/latin-american-rankings

Brazil - 46
Mexico - 15
Chile - 14
Peru - 9
Argentina - 5
Colombia - 5

1. Chile 15,410
2. Uruguay 14,614
3. Brazil 12,079
4. Argentina 11,576
5. Mexico 10,247
6. Panama 9,919
7. Costa Rica 9,673
8. Colombia 7,855
9. Peru 6,530
11. Ecuador 5,311

City country GDP, U$
São Paulo Brazil 472131
Santiago Chile 110081
Bogotá Colombia 92.917
Lima Peru 89888
Monterrey Mexico 77122
Curitiba Brazil 61435
Salvador Brazil 47811
Caracas Venezuela 45239
Guadalajara Mexico 41505
Recife Brazil 39063
Medellin Colombia 28923

Brasília Brazil 30027
São Paulo Brazil 23372
Monterrey México 22191
Curitiba Brazil 17160
Santiago Chile 16737
Panama City Panamá 14597
Salvador Brazil 13419
Mexico city Mexico 12461
Lima Peru 12283

Brighton
06-14-2013, 03:40 PM
I study in the Catholic University of Chile! :D We're number two! haha

We're also the best Law School in Latin America + the Iberian peninsula! which matters to me since I study Law..

Chile used to have 4 universities in the top 10 in 2012.. now we've only got 2.. Good for a country of 16 million people anyway.

curupira
06-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Forbes 2000 list of the world's top companies

Top companies from Latin America among the world's top 2000 companies listed by Forbes in 2013:

Brazil - 31
Mexico - 19
Chile - 9
Colombia - 6
Peru - 2

http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/#page:1_sort:0_direction:asc_search:_filter:All%20 industries_filter:Brazil_filter:All%20states

The Forbes Global 2000 is an annual ranking of the top 2000 public companies in the world by Forbes magazine. The ranking is based on a mix of four metrics: sales, profit, assets and market value. The list has been published since 2004.

The Forbes Global 2000 is a useful indicator of which are the leading public companies in the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Global_2000

Brighton
06-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Global Peace Index 2013

24° Uruguay
31° Chile
40° Costa Rica
56° Panama
60° Argentina
65° Cuba
66° Nicaragua
81° Brazil
83° Ecuador
84° Paraguay
86° Bolivia
94° Dominican Republic
109° Guatemala
112° El Salvador
114° Peru
123° Honduras
128° Venezuela
133° Mexico
147° Colombia

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#page/indexes/global-peace-index/2013

Han Cholo
06-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Global Peace Index 2013

24° Uruguay
31° Chile
40° Costa Rica
56° Panama
60° Argentina
65° Cuba
66° Nicaragua
81° Brazil
83° Ecuador
84° Paraguay
86° Bolivia
94° Dominican Republic
109° Guatemala
112° El Salvador
114° Peru
123° Honduras
128° Venezuela
133° Mexico
147° Colombia

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#page/indexes/global-peace-index/2013

Compare to older ones:

Homicide rate per 100,000:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Brighton
06-15-2013, 01:12 AM
South America Report

With few exceptions, South American countries experienced
only slight changes in terms of peacefulness since the last
GPI, with the region ranking among the four most peaceful
in the world. Relations with neighbours have remained
broadly positive and there is a gradual process of greater
political and economic integration underway among
different sets of countries and among all 11 South American
nations in the GPI. Peru was the biggest faller in the region,
chiefly on the back of an increase in the score for homicide
rates. Two other countries, Paraguay and Argentina, did
experience sharp falls in their external peace scores. The
former was involved in a constitutional crisis—the president,
Fernando Lugo, was removed from office owing to a
controversial congressional decision in June 2012—which
led to Paraguay being suspended from the Mercado Común
del Sur (Mercosur, the Southern Cone customs union). In
the past year, Argentina has been involved in a series of
trade spats with neighbours (particularly Brazil), as well as
high-profile disputes with international organisations over
economic matters.
On the upside, there have been no military threats or acts
of aggression between any countries. Tensions between
Colombia and Venezuela, which rose significantly two
years ago, have all but dissipated. This development has
helped reduce the need for militarisation and has contained
spending. Countries in the region have also shown an
increased willingness to address their political differences
via international mediation. This includes addressing longstanding border disputes, for example between Chile and
Peru, who have taken their case to the International Court of
Justice (ICJ) in The Hague.
On the domestic front, South America continued to
enjoy broad political stability, including in Paraguay, where
the ousting of Mr Lugo did not lead to a rise in political
violence and where a democratic transition was broadly
respected. However, although there is a low incidence of
political violence and terrorism in South America, Colombia
continues to struggle with guerrilla violence, highlighted
by repeated attacks on civilians and infrastructure. The
50-year-old civil conflict largely explains Colombia’s very
poor standing in the GPI, but there is scope for change in
the medium term, given the decision by the government
to seek a peace agreement with the Fuerzas Armadas
Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC) guerrilla organisation.
If successful, this would put an end to the continent’s last
civil conflict and allow for further institutional strengthening.
Although levels of criminality vary significantly from
country to country, South America remains one of the
most violent regions in the world. This is reflected in a high
homicide rate in some of the biggest countries, such as
Brazil and Colombia, and has been a particularly worrying
recent trend in Venezuela, where the homicide rate is now
one of the highest in the world. There, as in other countries
in the region, violence is fuelled by a combination of poor
social indicators, the presence of national and international
criminal groups (mainly drug-traffickers), weak security
forces and corrupt judicial and penal systems. Countries
where the rule of law is stronger, such as Chile and Uruguay,
rank higher in the index.

Armand_Duval
06-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Top ten Universities in LA.

Ciudad de México.- La Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), se ubicó en la sexta posición del ranking de las mejores universidades de América Latina de 2013, con lo cual descendió un escalón en dicha clasificación, no obstante, sigue siendo la primera universidad mexicana.

Pese al descenso en dicho ranking, la UNAM aún es la primera universidad mexicana que aparece en la lista que realiza cada año la firma Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).

De nuestro país, el Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), aparece en séptimo lugar, seguido del Instituto Politécnico Nacional (IPN), que se ubica en la posición 16.

Entre otras universidades del país también aparecen en las primeras 50 posiciones la Universidad Iberoamericana (27), el Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) en el 31, la Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (UAM) en el sitio 33, y la Universidad de las Américas de Puebla en el sitio 48.

De acuerdo a lista de la firma QS, éstas son las mejores instituciones educativas en América Latina:

- 1 Universidade de São Paulo - USP Brazil 100.00

- 2 Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Chile 99.20

- 3 Universidade Estadual de Campinas Brazil 97.40

- 4 Universidad de Los Andes Colombia Colombia 94.50

- 5 Universidad de Chile Chile 93.50

- 6 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) México 93.10

- 7 Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM) México 89.80

- 8 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro Brazil 89.20

- 9 Universidad Nacional de Colombia Colombia 83.70

- 10 Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais Brazil 83.10

- 11 Universidade Estadual Paulista "Júlio de Mesquita Filho" Brazil 82.60

- 12 Universidad de Buenos Aires Argentina 82.40

- 13 Universidad de Santiago de Chile - USACH Chile 82.30

- 14 Universidade Federal do Río Grande Do Sul Brazil 80.80

- 15 Universidad de Concepción Chile 80.70

- 16 Instituto Politécnico Nacional (IPN) Mexico 78.60

- 17 Universidade Federal de São Paulo - UNIFESP Brazil 78.40

- 18 Pontificia Universidade Católica do Río de Janeiro - PUC - Rio Brazil 78.20

- 19 Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina Santa María de los Buenos Aires - UCA Argentina 77.10

- 20 Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Colombia 76.30

- 21 Universidade de Brasilia Brazil 76.00

- 22 Universidad Nacional de Córdoba Argentina 75.90

- 23 Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Perú 74.80

- 24 Universidad Nacional de La Plata Argentina 74.70

- 25 Universidad Austral - Argentina Argentina 74.50

- 26 Universidad de Costa Rica Costa Rica 74.40

- 27 Universidad Iberoamericana (UIA) México 73.60 Armand_ Duval's Alma Mater.:thumb001:

- 28 Pontificia Universidade Católica de São Paulo - PUC -SP Brazil 72.90

- 29= Universidad Central de Venezuela - UCV Venezuela 72.80

- 29= Universidade Federal de São Carlos Brazil 72.80

- 31 Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) México 72.20

- 32 Universidad de Antioquia Colombia 72.00

- 33 Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (UAM) México 70.50

- 34 Universidad Simón Bolívar Venezuela Venezuela 68.70

- 35 Universidade do Estado do Río de Janeiro (UERJ) Brazil 68.20

- 36 Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso Chile 67.70

- 37 Universidade Federal do Paraná - UFPR Brazil 66.60

- 38 Universidad del Rosario Colombia 66.30

- 39 Universidad Austral de Chile Chile 65.60

- 40 Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María Chile 64.90

- 41= Pontificia Universidade Católica do Río Grande do Sul Brazil 64.80

- 41= Universidad de San Andrés Argentina 64.80

- 43 Universidade Federal do Pernambuco Brazil 62.80

- 44 Universidad Torcuato Di Tella Argentina 61.40

- 45= Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez Chile 61.10

- 45= Universidad Nacional de Rosario Argentina 61.10

- 47 Universidade Federal Fluminense Brazil 60.80

- 48 Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP) México 60.70

- 49= Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires (ITBA) Argentina 60.60

- 49= Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina Brazil 60.60

http://www.sdpnoticias.com/nacional/2013/05/28/unam-cae-un-lugar-en-ranking-de-mejores-universidades-de-america-latina

Somehow it is a surprise for me that not few Colombian schools show up in the list, I dont know what do you think about it.

curupira
06-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Out of the 50 top Latin American universities in 2013:

17 are from Brazil.
9 are from Argentina.
8 are from Chile.
7 are from Mexico.
4 are from Colombia.
2 are from Venezuela.
1 is from Peru.
1 is from Costa Rica.

An Argentine and a Chilean university share the 45th position, that's why the numbers do not match up to 50.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/latin-american-university-rankings/2013
http://www.iu.qs.com/2013/05/24/2013qsurlat/

Brighton
06-15-2013, 08:28 PM
A mí no me sorprende Colombia.. he escuchado que la Los Andes de allá es bastante buena.. acá también existe una jaja

Mi U está demasiado cerca de la Sao Paulooo jaja ojalá los pasemos el próximo año..

A pesar de todas las protestas estudiantiles de acá, por lo que veo Chile -considerando su cantidad de población- mal no está..

curupira
06-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Latin American countries listed among the top 20 world manufacturers in a list provided by the Worldbank:

Rank Country/Region (Millions of $US) Year
World 9,963,056 2010
European Union 2,257,019 2010
1 United States 1,771,400 2010
2 China 1,756,621 2010
Eurozone 1,744,073 2010
3 Japan 1,063,593 2010
4 Germany 610,184 2010
5 South Korea 313,429 2011
6 Brazil 308,125 2011
7 Italy 306,196 2010
8 France 253,608 2009
9 Russia 252,125 2011
10 India 238,621 2011
11 United Kingdom 229,615 2010
12 Indonesia 205,632 2011
13 Mexico 202,974 2011
14 Spain 172,433 2009
15 Canada 169,120 2008
16 Turkey 125,825 2011
17 Thailand 113,606 2010
18 Australia 98,344 2010
19 Argentina 84,100 2011
20 Poland 76,438 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing#Countries_by_Manufacturing_output_us ing_the_most_recent_known_Data

Manufacturing is the production of goods for use or sale using labor and machines, tools, chemical and biological processing, or formulation. The term may refer to a range of human activity, from handicraft to high tech, but is most commonly applied to industrial production, in which raw materials are transformed into finished goods on a large scale. Such finished goods may be used for manufacturing other, more complex products, such as aircraft, household appliances or automobiles, or sold to wholesalers, who in turn sell them to retailers, who then sell them to end users – the "consumers".

The manufacturing sector is closely connected with engineering and industrial design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing#Countries_by_Manufacturing_output_us ing_the_most_recent_known_Data

curupira
06-16-2013, 01:35 AM
A very important indicator in assessing the relative importance of a country in the world context, the GDP, which basically tells the "size of the economy" of a given country. When the US became the largest economy in the early XX century, that was a major turning point. All the present fuss about China now has to do with they overtaking the American economy as the largest in the world. In geopolitics, the GDP is a primary indicator of the importance of a given country.

Latin American countries among the 50 most important economies in the world in 2012 according to the IMF:

By nominal GDP:

1 United States 15,684,750
2 China 8,227,037n2
3 Japan 5,963,969
4 Germany 3,400,579
5 France 2,608,699
6 United Kingdom 2,440,505
7 Brazil 2,395,968
8 Russia 2,021,960
9 Italy 2,014,019
10 India 1,824,832
11 Canada 1,819,081
12 Australia 1,541,797
13 Spain 1,352,057
14 Mexico 1,177,116
15 South Korea 1,155,872
16 Indonesia 878,198
17 Turkey 794,468
18 Netherlands 773,116
19 Saudi Arabia 727,307
20 Switzerland 632,400
21 Iran 548,895
22 Sweden 526,192
23 Norway 501,101
24 Poland 487,674
25 Belgium 484,692
26 Argentina 474,954
27 Taiwan 473,971
28 Austria 398,594
29 South Africa 384,315
30 Venezuela 382,424
31 Colombia 366,020
32 Thailand 365,564
33 United Arab Emirates 358,940
34 Denmark 313,637
35 Malaysia 303,527
36 Singapore 276,520
37 Nigeria 268,708
38 Chile 268,177
Hong Kong 263,021
39 Egypt 256,729
40 Philippines 250,436
41 Finland 250,126
42 Greece 249,201
43 Israel 240,894
44 Pakistan 231,879
45 Portugal 212,720
46 Iraq 212,501
47 Ireland 210,416
48 Algeria 207,794
49 Peru 199,003
50 Kazakhstan 196,419

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

By GDP PPP:

1 United States 15,653
2 China 12,383
— Latin America and the Caribbean 7,203[5][6]
3 India 4,711
4 Japan 4,617
5 Germany 3,194
6 Russia 2,512
7 Brazil 2,366
8 United Kingdom 2,316
9 France 2,253
10 Italy 1,834
11 Mexico 1,758
12 South Korea 1,622
13 Canada 1,446
14 Spain 1,407
15 Indonesia 1,212
16 Turkey 1,125
17 Iran 997
18 Australia 961
19 Taiwan 902
20 Poland 802
21 Argentina 747
22 Saudi Arabia 741
23 Netherlands 710
24 Thailand 646
25 South Africa 579
26 Egypt 538
27 Pakistan 515
28 Colombia 500
29 Malaysia 492
30 Nigeria 451
31 Belgium 421
32 Philippines 417
33 Venezuela 402
34 Sweden 396
— Hong Kong 364
35 Switzerland 362
36 Austria 359
37 Ukraine 345
38 Singapore 327
39 Peru 325
40 Vietnam 320
41 Chile 319
42 Bangladesh 306
43 Czech Republic 287
44 Greece 281
45 Norway 278
46 Algeria 274.5
47 Romania 274.1
48 United Arab Emirates 271
49 Israel 248
50 Portugal 245
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

Projected figures for 2050:

GDP figures in 2050 here (Goldman Sachs study), only Brazil and Mexico are expected to be among the top 20 most important world economies:

http://i45.tinypic.com/10dukus.jpg

http://www.chicagobooth.edu/alumni/clubs/pakistan/docs/next11dream-march%20'07-goldmansachs.pdf