PDA

View Full Version : Worst sports nation in the Balkans

Bugarash
07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
What is the country with the least accomplishments in the field of sports?

my list would be:

Albania
Bosnia
Macedonia

alb0zfinest
07-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Well generally the idea is less people it will equate to less talent, and the more people its generally easier to find more talent. Since all those countries have low populations it is more likely to find less talent, which means they won't be as good. There are exceptions but these are seldom exceptions, majority of the time thats how it is.

El Gre
07-28-2012, 04:19 PM
The worst would definately have to be FYROM.

It was great to watch the opening ceremonies and seeing 4 amateurs being introduced as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and carrying a Japanese looking flag!!

Minesweeper
07-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Serbia just won it's first medal on the Olympics. May many more follow! :thumb001:

rashka
07-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Serbia just won it's first medal on the Olympics. May many more follow! :thumb001:

Yay! He won the Bronze medal for Air Pistol Shooting.

http://www.rts.rs/upload/storyBoxImageData/2011/12/29/8972320/ANDRIJA-ZLATIC.jpg

Crn Volk
07-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Major albanian achievement :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-28/albanian-weightlifter-fails-doping-test/4161600?section=sport

Albanian weightlifter fails doping test
Matt Wordsworth
Posted July 28, 2012 23:36:06

Albanian weightlifter Hysen Pulaku has been sent home from the Olympics in disgrace after failing a doping test.

IOC director of communications Mark Adams said the Albanian lifter had tested positive for a banned steroid five days ago.

"So it's here, for stanozolol, and he has had his part in the Olympic Games taken away from him so he has been sent home," Adams said.

Adams said Pulaku's accreditation was immediately cancelled and withdrawn and his file sent to the International Weightlifting Federation to consider further action.

The US Anti-Doping Agency will also be sent information "in order to further investigate the circumstances surrounding this case ... for it to follow up accordingly," Adams said.

"It's always a sad day when a cheater is caught.

"We hope there will be no more but the message is very clear: if you're doping we're gonna catch you."

Adams said it was expected that 5,000 tests will be carried out in London - comprising 3,800 urine and 1,200 blood tests - and the program will include all medallists.

"No one can think they can get away," he said.

InperatoreBT
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
It depends on what kind of sport ofc. :D A

archangel
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
serbs and then croats

Zaycev
01-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Obviously FYROM.

Cristiano viejo
01-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Albania by far.
Bosnia near of Albania.

Leopard
02-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Gheg Highlanders

Chieftain
02-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Gheg Highlanders

Be careful of the words you say, brown subhuman!

Leopard
04-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Truth hurts,dosen't it.

Pjeter Pan
04-16-2014, 04:03 PM
my families in Albania dont give a shit about sports, they have much more Important things to worry about. But individual Albanians can be very athletic.

Chichic
04-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Albania, Greece and Turkey. They don't seem to care about sports and health. Turks are even worse than Americans regarding overweight.

Pjeter Pan
04-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Albania, Greece and Turkey. They don't seem to care about sports and health. Turks are even worse than Americans regarding overweight.
Albanians have one of the most healthiest cuisine in Europe.

dralos
04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Albanians have one of the most healthiest cuisine in Europe.
no need to respond to this new germans who are in reality a bunch of asian and african shit

Borna
04-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I generally watch sport a lot, basketball and football mainly, i think that Albanians didn't have much results, but mainly because they are less in numbers then rest of Balkan nations.
Therefore talent pool is significantly less.

As well as Fyrom.

Serbs - waterpolo, basketball (Not former glory though), individually in football (national team weak, Croatia stronk much more), voleyball.
Croats - waterpolo, handball, footie, Serbia stronk in basketball more (But with new generation of Croatian basketball players will change soon, since Serbs are no longer with Montenegro, from where they got some of their finest players).

dralos
04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
I generally watch sport a lot, basketball and football mainly, i think that Albanians didn't have much results, but mainly because they are less in numbers then rest of Balkan nations.
Therefore talent pool is significantly less.

As well as Fyrom.
we are definitely not less in numbers but its bcs the government didn't invest much in sport till now i mean in serbia there is a lot of investments in sport,croatia probably too

Borna
04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
we are definitely not less in numbers but its bcs the government didn't invest much in sport till now i mean in serbia there is a lot of investments in sport,croatia probably too

Not really, as i lived in Belgrade during studies, most of Serb "investments" are in their corrupt and broke football clubs, they are only paying to save them from total bankrupt. Similar thing is with their Basketball clubs. They are overall (must admit) talented nation for sport, for Basketball specially, while in Footie they can't come even close to us :D

Thrax
04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
I think it's FYR Macedonia or Kosovo.

dralos
04-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Not really, as i lived in Belgrade during studies, most of Serb "investments" are in their corrupt and broke football clubs, they are only paying to save them from total bankrupt. Similar thing is with their Basketball clubs. They are overall (must admit) talented nation for sport, for Basketball specially, while in Footie they can't come even close to us :D
but its changing for the good hopefully soon it well get better,i heard our handball team is doing pretty good too so basketball clubs(i'm talking about kosova,unfortunately don't know much about albania sports i know weightlifting is good basket not so great)

Chichic
04-17-2014, 12:58 PM
no need to respond to this new germans who are in reality a bunch of asian and african shit

So says the Albanian from Southern Europe.

How long does it take from Albania to Africa? 60 miles?

dralos
04-17-2014, 12:59 PM
So says the Albanian from Southern Europe.

How long does it take from Albania to Africa? 60 miles?
i've never been to africa neither do i care like you mugulumba is it

Chichic
04-17-2014, 01:06 PM
serbs and then croats

Are you sure it's not Turkey, followed by Greece and Albania?

Queen B
04-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Are you sure it's not Turkey, followed by Greece and Albania?
Both Greece and Turkey are good sport nations.

Chichic
04-19-2014, 10:57 AM

Greeks and Turks are mostly fat and lazy, have a lack of discipline, especially Turks. Most athletes from Turkey are Kurdish.

denz
04-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Greeks and Turks are mostly fat and lazy, have a lack of discipline, especially Turks. Most athletes from Turkey are Kurdish.

:mmmm: Ok, dude. But it is balkan issue. Lets discuss Turks and German Kurds in middle east section ... :thumb001:

Chichic
04-19-2014, 11:13 AM
:mmmm: Ok, dude. But it is balkan issue. Lets discuss Turks and German Kurds in middle east section ... :thumb001:

I am not a Kurd. But it is fact that most athletes from Turkey are Kurdish, they just have no own country and are therefore perceived as Turks.

Trun
04-19-2014, 11:15 AM

Only in team sports.

On topic, how good a nation is on sports depends on: 1. Money, 2. Popularity, 3. Commitment.

Queen B
04-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Only in team sports.
Wrong.
Check Olympic medals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_at_the_Olympics#Medals_by_Summer_Games

On topic, how good a nation is on sports depends on: 1. Money, 2. Popularity, 3. Commitment.
Quite wrong. If that was the case, NO african nation would be good on sports, yet most are.
Both countries have quite a lot metals in Olympics. Especially Greece, considering how small it is.
http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:all-time
We are 10th in World Fifa rankings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings
And from time to time, you ll find poor countries ranking higher than Greece there.

Trun
04-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Wrong.
Check Olympic medals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_at_the_Olympics#Medals_by_Summer_Games

Quite wrong. If that was the case, NO african nation would be good on sports, yet most are.
Both countries have quite a lot metals in Olympics. Especially Greece, considering how small it is.
http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:all-time
We are 10th in World Fifa rankings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings
And from time to time, you ll find poor countries ranking higher than Greece there.

Greece does not shine among other first world countries. It's rather average performance, not outstanding.

And African countries rarely win medals, with the exceptions of Ethiopia and Kenya which win medals in one sport.

Hayalet
04-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Chichic, you are one dumb churka.

archangel
04-20-2014, 10:31 PM
all of them

HERK
05-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Years ago we were probably the most backward nation when it came to the sport, but things are changing so fast. Few weeks ago we won a gold and silver on weightlifting also there are so many Albanian football players that are playing in different football clubs of Europe and other continents. Taking into consideration the numbers, i can say we are much much better on making talents in fotball,fighting sports,weightlifting than some of our neighbours (Serbia,Macedonia,Montenegro and maybe Bulgaria). But HEY 20 years ago Albania was under harsh communist rule, the other part of the nations was under Serbian rule so give us some time :D

Trun
05-13-2014, 12:35 PM
fotball,fighting sports,weightlifting than some of our neighbours (Serbia,Macedonia,Montenegro and maybe Bulgaria).

Lol.

pelikarski
05-13-2014, 12:37 PM
May I Remind that Bulgaria was 6th on Olympics in Seul 1988.

Which Balkanic country does have such achievement?

Trun
05-13-2014, 12:38 PM

Fourth. But the whole western world boycotted the olympiad.

dralos
05-13-2014, 12:40 PM

congrats from the bottom of my heart from 1993-...

pelikarski
05-13-2014, 12:40 PM
No.
West Germany USA Italy France parcipated.
Check your facts broo

pelikarski
05-13-2014, 12:41 PM
congrats from the bottom of my heart from 1993-...

What you mean.
Bulgaria is in decline if you mean this

dralos
05-13-2014, 12:43 PM
What you mean.
Bulgaria is in decline if you mean this
no i mean i'm happy you achieved that in seoul :D

bimo
05-13-2014, 01:04 PM
not to mention bulgaria at fourth place in the football world cup of 1994

dralos
05-13-2014, 01:11 PM
not to mention bulgaria at fourth place in the football world cup of 1994
congrats from the bottom of my heart from 1994-...

glass
05-13-2014, 01:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table
all time olympic medals
Albania 0-0-0
Bosnia 0-0-0
Macedonia 0-0-1
----
Serbia 1-2-4
Greece 30-42-38
Bulgaria 51-85-75
Romania 88-91-119
So muslims worst, romanians and bulgarians best

Ice
05-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Macedonia,Bulgaria and Albania.

bimo
05-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Macedonia,Bulgaria and Albania.

sourche ?

Ice
05-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Bulgar soccer teams are shit. They don't have good basketball teams either. Voleyball might be an exception(national team) but who cares. I think Bulgars can do better than this.

Albania and Macedonia lack infrastructure/coaches, something bulgars got it for free from their communist bosses.

bimo
05-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Bulgar soccer teams are shit. They don't have good basketball teams either. Voleyball might be an exception(national team) but who cares. I think Bulgars can do better than this.

probably today yes

but in the recent past bulgaria was quite relevant in sport competitions

Trun
05-14-2014, 08:26 AM

Albania and Macedonia lack infrastructure/coaches, something bulgars got it for free from their communist bosses.

Lol. Bulgaria currently have zero infrastructure. The basketball arena in my town is like a cave but there is still a team playing there sometimes below 10 degrees during the winter.

Also this year we had a team at round of 16 in Europe League, no country on the Balkans except Greece had.