PDA

View Full Version : Finance Firm Accepts Soul As Guarantee For Credit

Beorn
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
A financial company in Latvia is offering residents loans secured by nothing but their immortal soul.

Riga-based firm, named Kontora, does not require credit history record or proof of employment. It grants loans of 50 to 500 Latvian lats ($100 to $1,000) to any adult after he or she signs the a very short agreement.

According to the agreement, the only security required of the borrower is their immortal soul, which they are asked to confirm as their previously unmortgaged property.
The loan is subject to one percent per day in interest until full repayment.

The period of full repayment is 90 days, and in case the borrower fails to return the money, the creditor gets full possession of his soul.

Source (http://www.jialat.com/2009/06/23/finance-firm-accepts-soul-as-guarantee-for-credit/)

I don't think I'd be too willing to enter into that legal agreement. Would you?

Vulpix
06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
No source :D? outofmyownass.com :icon_lol:?

Loki
06-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd be willing to go for it, since I do not believe in the existence of an immortal soul -- and hence have nothing to lose. :wink

anonymaus
06-23-2009, 03:37 PM
If the soul did exist, it could no more be sold or traded by contract than one's innate natural rights: free money!

Poltergeist
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Come on people, somebody is joking here.

Fortis in Arduis
06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
No source, plenty of sauce...

Útrám
06-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Use the source, luke.

Beorn
06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Whilst I do believe in a soul and I do believe ones soul or 'essence' can be captured and used whether freely or against ones will, I would, if not a believer, be interested as to why a company would freely dole out money in exchange for a soul?

They get their money back with interest, but how would they have gone about reclaiming the money in a court of law if the collateral was someone's soul?

Fortis in Arduis
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
They are using a publicity stunt to charge interest?

Inese
06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Riga-based firm, named Kontora, does not require credit history record or proof of employment.

Kontora in Riga: http://www.kontora.lv/ !!

Russian language , Russian company, too much vodka , stupid result!! :coffee: You know Russian donate their soul to vodka and mamuschka it is no wonder that they love to give their souls away. :rolleyes:

Beorn
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
It's Riga based, so they must have realised there is a niche in exploiting the low intelligence levels of the local Rigans(?)

Inese
06-23-2009, 08:17 PM
It's Riga based, so they must have realised there is a niche in exploiting the low intelligence levels of the local Rigans(?)
Hm or mega horny Englanders who look for swarthy mongrel Russians in Riga for sex tourism in exchange for their soul...... :coffee:

Beorn
06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Or stupid Englanders who look for swarthy mongrel Russians in Riga for sex tourism. Have you sold your soul already?? :coffee:

Your response has merely highlighted the low intelligence of Latvians. Well done. :thumbs up

Groenewolf
06-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Your response has merely highlighted the low intelligence of Latvians. Well done. :thumbs up

Inese is passionate about Latvia and the negative Russian influence there. Also in an other tread she has posted figures that point out that most 'local' Rigians are Russian.:coffee: So the low-intellegincr 'Latvians' your are speaking about are realy low-intelligence Russians

Beorn
06-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Inese is passionate about Latvia

Passionate enough to live there?

So the low-intellegincr 'Latvians' your are speaking about are realy low-intelligence Russians

Nonsense, of course.

Also in an other tread she has posted figures that point out that most 'local' Rigians are Russian.

So if I went to Riga I would not meet one native Latvian?

Loki
06-23-2009, 08:34 PM
That's enough, thread closed. :mad: