Partizan
07-30-2012, 07:30 AM
(...)

Partizan
07-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Bump!Nobody?

Mordid
07-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Turanoid/Alpinoid with slight Pontid influence.

Partizan
07-30-2012, 08:07 AM
(...)

Partizan
07-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Where would fit my phenotype to you?

Mordid
07-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Balkans, that's where you would fit.

Partizan
07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
BTW I'm 189 cm.

Siegfried
07-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Ponto-Alpinid with moderate Turanid influence.

Partizan
07-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Ponto-Alpinid with moderate Turanid influence.

Can I pass for Romanian?I get this guess so much both in web and also in real life.

Corvus
07-30-2012, 08:45 AM

This. I guess you are from Serbia

Partizan
07-30-2012, 08:47 AM
This. I guess you are from Serbia

Not Serbia but I think I could pass for Serbian too.

Siegfried
07-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Can I pass for Romanian?I get this guess so much both in web and also in real life.

Yeah, you could pass.

Siberian Cold Breeze
07-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Turanid is appearant i dont know a lot about European subraces though..

Midori
07-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Turanid/Alpinid

Partizan
07-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Turanid/Alpinid

Could I pass for a Yugoslav?

Midori
07-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Could I pass for a Yugoslav?

Yes

Partizan
07-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes

Which one especially?I think Serbian,Bosnian or Macedonian especially.

Gospodine
07-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Jesus, the Balkan members are coming out of the woodwork.

Partizan
07-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Jesus, the Balkan members are coming out of the woodwork.

At real,I'm only 1/4 Balkanian :) But not Yugoslavian(however a Yugophile)

Gospodine
07-30-2012, 10:51 AM
What is your ethnicity exactly?

You look to me Alpino-Pontid with a minor Balkan Borreby influence, given how Brachycephalic you are.
Don't really see the Turanid.

I would place you all over Central Europe, some parts of the Balkans, Northern Italy and Eastern Europe.

Partizan
07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
What is your ethnicity exactly?

You look to me Alpino-Pontid with a minor Balkan Borreby influence, given how Brachycephalic you are.
Don't really see the Turanid.

I would place you all over Central Europe, some parts of the Balkans, Northern Italy and Eastern Europe.

I'll reveal my ethnicity after some more guesses.Your guesses about where could I pass is reasonable,in abroad I'm getting mistaken as Romanian,Bulgarian,Polish and Russian mostly.

But I'd classify myself as "Gorid+Pontid with some Turanid".

Partizan
07-30-2012, 11:36 AM
I'll reveal my ethnicity.I'm %100 Turk with roots from different regions.

Dad's dad:Ahiska/Meshketian Turk(Turkic people of Georgia) from Artvin province with some distant Khorasanian Turkmen roots.Looks Mtebid+Turanid+Iranid.
Dad's mom:Half-Ahiska(From Artvin),Half-East Anatolian Turk(from Erzurum).Looks Alpine+Turanid+Pontid

Dad looks Baltid+Pontid.

Mom's dad:Balkan/West Thracian Turk with roots from Salonica and Serrez.Alpino+Dinarid+maybe Balkan Borreby,looks like twin of Tito.
Mom's mom:Central Anatolian Turk from Konya.Alpine+Med with slight Turanid.

Mom looks Dinarid+Alpine+Med.

So,my roots trace back from Artvin,Khorasan,Erzurum,Ahiska(Meskheti-Javakheti Rayon today),Salonica,Serrez,Konya :)

Gospodine
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Uh-oh... uh-oh...

The Balkanians will not like this :D

So what language/s did your parents speak?

Partizan
07-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Uh-oh... uh-oh...

The Balkanians will not like this :D

So what language/s did your parents speak?

Yeah,they'll be surprised also :)

Only Turkish,all my grandparents were born in Turkey.

Gospodine
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Very nice use of the Tito picture may I add ;)

But the point still stands; you could fit in the Balkans pretty well.

Onur
07-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Dad's dad:Ahiska/Meshketian Turk(Turkic people of Georgia) from Artvin province with some distant Khorasanian Turkmen roots.Looks Mtebid+Turanid+Iranid.
I think it would be better for you to write "Turkish" instead of "Turkic" for the so-called Meshketian Turks because most of the people perceives the term Turkic for the Turks outside Turkey. These people are directly related with the regular Turkish people from the northeastern cities of Turkey because they also speak with the same Turkish accent. They are simply the Turkish people who remained in the Georgia (USSR) during the destruction of Ottoman empire. Afaik, the term "Mesheketian" is created by Stalin. It`s some kind of absurd term to create an artificial distinction between these people and the Turks of Turkey.

Siberian Cold Breeze
07-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Çav bella :thumb001: demek geliyor içimden ama demeyeceğim Partizan!
(erkek user -bella olmaz :cool:)
welcome:)

Partizan
07-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I think it would be better for you to write "Turkish" instead of "Turkic" for the so-called Meshketian Turks because most of the people perceives the term Turkic for the Turks outside Turkey. These people are directly related with the regular Turkish people from the northeastern cities of Turkey because they also speak with the same Turkish accent. They are simply the Turkish people who remained in the Georgia (USSR) during the destruction of Ottoman empire. Afaik, the term "Mesheketian" is created by Stalin. It`s some kind of absurd term to create an artificial distinction between these people and the Turks of Turkey.

Agreed,West Thracian Turks and Ahiska Turks are Turkish people,who are in out of borders.

About "Meskhetian",I've seen some Nationalist Turks claiming "Meskheti" comes from "Massaget",which proves Ahiska Turkic people are descendants of Scythians.

Many of Ahiska Turks claim Cuman heritage too,I think we're mix of Cumans and Oghuzes.

Çav bella :thumb001: demek geliyor içimden ama demeyeceğim Partizan!
(erkek user -bella olmaz :cool:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA6krzcgQs

StonyArabia
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Pontid-Alpine with Turanid influence.

Terek
07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
You look Yugoslav+Turk)

Partizan
07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
You look Yugoslav+Turk)

Interestingly,my Balkan side look more Yugoslav and Bulgarian despite they came from Greece...I'll post some pictures of my family for classifation one day.

Gospodine
07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Something about that second picture makes you look pseudo-Baltid.

Does anyone else think he could pass in Ukraine and perhaps Belarus?

Partizan
07-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Something about that second picture makes you look pseudo-Baltid.

Does anyone else think he could pass in Ukraine and perhaps Belarus?

I got Ukraine guess in both net and real life for several times.But not Belarus yet.

And my father looks really Baltid,I'll post his photos one day.

kvarc
07-30-2012, 07:16 PM
you do not look Yugoslav at all, especially not like someone from the former Serbo - croat etnos stock

Partizan
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
you do not look Yugoslav at all, especially not like someone from the former Serbo - croat etnos stock

So what would be your guess?

kvarc
07-30-2012, 08:47 PM
So what would be your guess?

a Turk, Tatar, or maybe some Mediterranean guy

you alpine part differs a lot from serbian alpinoids, for instance look at this alpinoid guy from serbia http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56239

Sikeliot
07-30-2012, 11:53 PM
You could pass as Bulgarian, Romanian, and Serbian.

kvarc
07-31-2012, 02:39 AM
You could pass as Bulgarian, Romanian, and Serbian.

Serbian? hm... he would look very atypical in this case

Sorab
07-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Serbian? hm... he would look very atypical in this case
As someone that lives Serbia i say he could not pass as an ethnic Serb. Although as someone of mixed background here he probably could but i dont recall seeing someone like partizan in overall appearance.Serbia is home to many different nations so various combinations of phenotypes can occur .

kvarc
07-31-2012, 03:07 AM
As someone that lives Serbia i say he could not pass as an ethnic Serb. Although as someone of mixed background here you probably could but i dont recall seeing someone like you in overall appearance.Serbia is home to many different nations so various combinations of phenotypes can occur .

you probably meant to say " i dont recall seeing someone like him in overall appearance " :D

Sorab
07-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Yes lol .I will edit my previous post .

kvarc
07-31-2012, 03:13 AM
anyway I personally never was I Serb that looks like him and it doesn`t have anything to do with "swartiies", it`s just his facial configuration

Partizan
07-31-2012, 08:46 AM
anyway I personally never was I Serb that looks like him and it doesn`t have anything to do with "swartiies", it`s just his facial configuration

I think my skin colour fits Balkans,facial features could be different of course...I have some Turanid admix,maybe it makes the difference.

Gospodine
07-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Skin colour-wise, yes. There's nothing exotic about that.

But like I said initially, you'd only fit in certain parts of the Balkans (say for instance Vojvodina, which has a large Hungarian community) or perhaps Romania. I would honestly place you more in Eastern Europe and Central Europe, before Turkey.

Panopticon
07-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Pred. Cromagno-Alpinoid. You don't look Balkanoid to me, you'd be more likely to fit in Central and Eastern Europe than in the Balkans.

Onur
07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Interestingly,my Balkan side look more Yugoslav and Bulgarian despite they came from Greece...I'll post some pictures of my family for classifation one day.
This is quite common false belief among many Turks who migrated from Balkans.

Salonika became Greek after 1912 but it wasn't Greek at all before that. It was Macedonia mostly populated by Turks, slavic speaking Macedonians, Vlachs and Sephardic Jews. Greeks were minority in there before 1923 population exchange. So, current demographics of Salonika is totally different than the former one in 1923 and earlier. Head over to the Macedonia, Turkey and Greece regional sections in this forum and read my and other users posts about the so-called "Greekness" of Aegean Macedonia.

Also, Salonika was a big vilayet of Ottoman empire. It was bigger than the current Salonika city in Greece. For example, my ancestors came from Petrich in the Bulgaria-Greece border but Petrich was also included in the vilayet of Salonika. So, the Turks who came from Aegean Macedonia always said that they are from Salonika and today their descendants believes that they were from today`s smaller Salonika city but that wasn't the case.

Partizan
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Skin colour-wise, yes. There's nothing exotic about that.

But like I said initially, you'd only fit in certain parts of the Balkans (say for instance Vojvodina, which has a large Hungarian community) or perhaps Romania. I would honestly place you more in Eastern Europe and Central Europe, before Turkey.

I've mistaken for Hungarian IRL as well.Even for German(in Germany).

Pred. Cromagno-Alpinoid. You don't look Balkanoid to me, you'd be more likely to fit in Central and Eastern Europe than in the Balkans.

You are second person who classified me as that.First was Altay :) Which kind of Cromagnid BTW?

kvarc
07-31-2012, 01:10 PM
This is quite common false belief among many Turks who migrated from Balkans.

Salonika became Greek after 1912 but it wasn't Greek at all before that. It was Macedonia mostly populated by Turks, slavic speaking Macedonians, Vlachs and Sephardic Jews. Greeks were minority in there before 1923 population exchange. So, current demographics of Salonika is totally different than the former one in 1923 and earlier. Head over to the Macedonia, Turkey and Greece regional sections in this forum and read my and other users posts about the so-called "Greekness" of Aegean Macedonia.

Also, Salonika was a big vilayet of Ottoman empire. It was bigger than the current Salonika city in Greece. For example, my ancestors came from Petrich in the Bulgaria-Greece border but Petrich was also included in the vilayet of Salonika. So, the Turks who came from Aegean Macedonia always said that they are from Salonika and today their descendants believes that they were from today`s smaller Salonika city but that wasn't the case.

jews were the majority in Thesaloniki

Partizan
07-31-2012, 01:38 PM
jews were the majority in Thesaloniki

There were many Jews in "urban" part of Salonica whereas most of Turkish people who have origins from Salonica came from rural parts.My ancestors came from "Demirkale" village for example,however I don't know it's actual name.

Panopticon
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
You are second person who classified me as that.First was Altay :) Which kind of Cromagnid BTW?

You have to differentiate between Cromagnid and Cromagnoid first, the former is a unreduced form, while the other is reduced, more or less depending on which type. Cromagno-Alpinoid is a rather diverse range, but basically, it's in the Cromagnoid category. It shows more Cromagnoid features but has an Alpinoid component as well.

Onur
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Partizan this is offtopic for this thread but you can read my post in this thread;

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47843&p=866522

Check the map of Ottoman Macedonia and you can see that the vilayet of Salonika was so big, stretches from Aegean sea to Üsküp.

Midori
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Which one especially?I think Serbian,Bosnian or Macedonian especially.

You can pass as an atypical Macedonian (Turanid is an uncommon phenotype here)