PDA

View Full Version : Would you date/marry someone of a different religion?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Loki
07-31-2012, 01:06 PM
I personally wouldn't mind, but respect my partner's traditions.

Panopticon
07-31-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't have a religion, but I am incompatible with a religious person, so my answer is no.

Methmatician
07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't mind. Though my grandmother would probably have a heart attack if I married a non-Muslim :D

Contra Mundum
I would date someone of another religion, which would be any religion, since I don't have one that I observe. But it depends how religious they are. I don't think I could date someone who is extremely religious, and who let it consume their life.

I would never get involved with someone who disagrees with me on crucial political and social issues though.

Comte Arnau
I am an omnist, so I'd have no problem.

PetiteParisienne
07-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes. I have and I did.

Han Cholo
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
No, I am atheist.

arcticwolf
07-31-2012, 01:23 PM
There ain't that many white Gnostics or Buddhists out there. I am not religious in the least, but I am a seeker of the truth. ;) Someone religious who is attached to rituals and formulas no way. Someone nominally belonging to religion, no problem. One thing I learned is that spiritually your mate has to be very close or relationship won't work very well. Really spiritual babe for me, I met only one so far, there ain't many of them out there. :(

Sabinae
07-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes. :)

Partizan
07-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes.Marrying a Christian Ebony chick would even be nice ;)

Damião de Góis
07-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes but only if religion didn't interfere in our lives.

Osprey
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Religion is a non issue unless the girl is a fanatic like Mary or bosnian :D

Midori
07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes.

Lithium
07-31-2012, 02:24 PM
I am a Pagan and I wouldn't marry a non-Pagan woman, she has to be at least an atheist. I would have only a Pagan wedding/

Leliana
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd strongly prefer a Catholic man as I'm believing and observant Catholic but I could accept a different Christian confession if the man in question is just 'wow!'. :)

Different religions or followers of the Nirvana cult are inacceptable.

Skrondsze
07-31-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd strongly prefer a Catholic man as I'm believing and observant Catholic but I could accept a different Christian confession if the man in question is just 'wow!'. :)

Oh come on... Kurt was awesome. Seriously, I wouldn't marry someone religious as I want to educate my children in a cetic way.

Duży Zaganiacz
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM
For some reasons Pagan girls I meet bahave in a way that is particularly nice and appealing. I believe it's because of their respect to nature, including our own.

derLowe
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
In the past I used to date people with differing religions from mine but experience has taught me that most compatible people for my self are people with similar beliefs to my self.

Siegfried
07-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Depends on the definition of different religion. I suppose any sort of Christian wouldn't be unacceptable (though I would cut the line at Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses and some other). But, I don't think I would marry a non-Christian (other than, maybe, an Agnostic).

StonyArabia
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Sure why not two of my maternal Uncles married a Christian Protestant Americans, and it was not a problem.

Zack_Fair
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
No, I won't. My religion doesn't allow it. And we'd probably end up having religious ''debates'' all the time...

Ozzy
07-31-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm not the religious type, so this wouldn't even be a thought in my head unless they expect me to practice their faith. Future partners will likely be no more religious than I am, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were.

Far as I'm concerned, you can be a "non-believer" and still have morals and be a decent human being. The choice one makes of practicing a religion says nothing about who they are and WHY they chose to.

I don't need to be "sweet-talked" into being a good person, it just comes naturally for me to help others when possible, I just don't expect anything more than death's embrace for my good deeds, as if there's absolutely some sort of fairy tale after-life where I can just laze around and indulge in hedonistic pleasures for all eternity, reunited with the ones I've loved and lost..

I'll more than likely be rotting in the ground getting face-f$$ked by maggots while the electro-magnetic energies that were once my unique consciousness merge with the atmosphere or something.. It's a bittersweet symphony, but hey, that's life. :rolleyes: I'm quite the positive penny, aren't I? :coffee:

Mechanolater
07-31-2012, 05:46 PM
face-f$$ked by maggots

We're startin' a band.

As for the question; sure. I'd prefer to date/marry another Catholic, but it isn't the deciding factor.

Ozzy
07-31-2012, 05:55 PM
We're startin' a band.

As for the question; sure. I'd prefer to date/marry another Catholic, but it isn't the deciding factor.

You sure that name hasn't been taken? :D

Pretty sure I was raised Catholic, but I don't go to church or anything because I'm a bad boy. :(

Incel King
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
There should be option other. I would date only Christian girl, but except such weird like Seventh Day Adventist.

SilverKnight
07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes, as long as she respect my views.

Stefan
07-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Depends on how traditional they are. Having some overly religious family members, I can verify that some are quite obnoxious. That is probably a manifestation if their personality more than anything else, though. I sometimes consider myself culturally christian despite my agnosticism and atheism. So I would probably like to stay within that cultural frame.

Geroth
07-31-2012, 11:38 PM
I am more spiritual and have never really been into religion but I have dated women in the past who had different spiritual beliefs to me and I've never had a problem with it. I dont however think I could date or marry somebody who was deeply committed to religion or their church or was a fundamentalist in any way. That would be a major turn off for me.

Bucovina
08-01-2012, 12:16 AM
As long as the person isn't an atheist or a follower of any of the Judaic religions (including any kinds of satanism) I'm fine with it. I don't really like Wicca that much either, but I guess it's better than the others I've mentioned above.

Sultan Suleiman
08-01-2012, 12:18 AM

What about the Joos?

Jesus was one of them :)

Contra Mundum
08-01-2012, 12:20 AM
I said earlier I would marry someone from almost any religion, but that is because I am not religious myself. But I don't see how anyone who is deeply religious could marry someone from another religion. That seems insane to me.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 01:19 AM

Depends on the circumstances. Generally, yes, but I would certainly not date/marry them if:

- They wanted me to abstain from sex until marriage, due to their religion.
If my girlfriend flat out refused to have sex with me until marriage, I would break up with her. However, I would accept regular blowjobs & footjobs as a compromise.

- They wanted me to get circumcised, due to their religion.
This one might sound crazy, but it actually happened to someone I know. His Jewish girlfriend refused to have sex with him and they soon broke up because he refused to get circumcised. She didn't even want to wait until marriage either, all that stopped them having sex was his foreskin.

- They wouldn't marry me unless I converted to their religion.
I certainly don't like being controlled, especially by a female. However, if I got into a serious relationship and considered marrying a religious female, then I would probably involve myself in her religion voluntarily.

However, with all that being said, there are many advantages to marrying a religious (especially a seriously religious) woman that can often make those things (with the exception of #2; circumcision is an absolute no-no for me) worth it.

Piparskeggr
08-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I was raised Roman Catholic and Anita was raised Greek Orthodox.

I am now Asatrú, have been for 24 years (left the Church and Christianity in 1975). My wife has become, to try and describe it, an agnostic-deist-realist with Stoic tendencies (which I have, too) who respects Asatrú and sometimes participates. Due to life circumstances, her cradle religion faded further and further away, unlike the conscious decision I made.

arcticwolf
08-01-2012, 01:52 AM

LOL Leliana you are very precious! :D I mean it! Those Nirvana cult followers get under my skin as well! :p

korkolola
08-01-2012, 01:56 AM
I am not religious, so it doesn't really matter for me unless it's some kind of a cult. My partner could be religious - everyone has their flaws...

Kolov
08-01-2012, 02:23 AM
I've gotta say, I do not think European descended people have the luxury of being able to not date somebody because they don't believe in the same god or gods as you. I'm a Wiccan, my boyfriend is agnostic, he respects my beliefs and I respect his. It's never been a problem for me on any level.

Talvi
08-02-2012, 08:16 AM
I will only date atheists/agnostics. In Estonia that is not a problem, but in any case I will make sure that the person does not believe in god.

Han Cholo
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I will only date atheists/agnostics. In Estonia that is not a problem, but in any case I will make sure that the person does not believe in god.

:thumb001:

Absinthe
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I said earlier I would marry someone from almost any religion, but that is because I am not religious myself. But I don't see how anyone who is deeply religious could marry someone from another religion. That seems insane to me.
This :thumbs

I don't think I would marry anyone deeply religious, whether Christian or Buddhist or Muslim or what not.

I can't think of how a marriage between a deeply religious and an irreligious person can work. It is very rare for that to happen.

Sophie
08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
No, because I find it would be very difficult and create both distance and tension between us.

Talvi
08-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I will add that I would accept those Nirvana cult followers and the like since they dont believe in a certain god. However most of them would be Asians or hippie men looking for Asian women, and I have no desire to tap those.

rhiannon
08-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I could probably be with someone who was more religious than I....because I don't follow anything. However, the moment said individual started taking his beliefs and forcing them down my throat would be the last moment of our marriage.

Su
08-02-2012, 08:40 AM
No. He has to be a Muslim , he can be a born one or a convert one , fact is he has to be a Muslim.

Anarch
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I could, sure. I'm nominally a Catholic, though in day to day reality I'm not especially religious. I would prefer (due to cultural values etc.) to marry another Catholic, though I've got nothing against eastern Orthodox or Anglicans. Actually I'd honestly rather marry a nominally Muslim European (not the recent western convert variety, but of the south eastern variety) than a born again Christian. Born again Christians repulse me.

Frosty
08-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm not religious myself but the only religions that are closest to my viewpoints are Buddhism/though it's not actually a religion/ and partly Christianity/without Judaic elements/With these two I wouldn't have any problems I think.

Arthas
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I forgot to mention in my other post that I wouldn't marry a practising Catholic.

WinterIsComing
08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
I do not believe in organized religion, but I would marry someone who did on two conditions:

1. They were not preachy about their beliefs
2. They would not insist on raising our children within that religion

Lumi
08-24-2012, 03:16 PM
As long as they respect my religious views and didn't try to convert me, sure.
Hell, I dated a Christian.

dado
08-26-2012, 07:53 AM
dating-yes
marrying-no, i don't think i would be ready to compromise when it comes to upbringing children

Mago
08-26-2012, 09:07 AM
date=yes
marry=maybe

As long as she is not fanatically religious. Like an Islamic extremist, a cult follower of some sort or just takes her religion to extreme levels.

Anarch
08-26-2012, 09:12 AM
As long as they respect my religious views and didn't try to convert me, sure.
Hell, I dated a Christian.

:p

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Linet
08-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Well...thats a strange question... :icon_ask:
I mean date, yes, why not? But then if i really ended up to love :love0031: this person and want to do something serious with him....then what? If he isnt Christian or he doesnt want to become Christian :fpope: then it just wont work :sad: . So what then? I should date a person that i cant really bond with :love0045:?
Dating just for dating without strong feelings is not for me. Of course if i am preety sure that i can convince him to turn to my religion for my shake :love0034:...then i would try it :hug2:.
What did you say baby :horn:? You dont want to be Christian :icon_arghhh:? ... :rip:

dado
08-26-2012, 12:13 PM
@ linet
as a true christian maybe you should do the final sacrifice and change your religion ;)...

after all, through out the centuries girls have always been the ones who r changing their last names ones they get married...i dont see why it should be different when it comes to the religion

Mraz
08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I had been with a raised Christian girl. I could marry one if we set rules before having children and living together, but my parents would never accept a non Muslim, she can be 1% religious, in their eyes it's still better than a faithfull Christian.
I'll listen to them anyway, even if it's sad, the reality is that most of times those kind of relationships don't last for long.

Linet
08-26-2012, 03:44 PM
@ linet
as a true christian maybe you should do the final sacrifice and change your religion ;)...

after all, through out the centuries girls have always been the ones who r changing their last names ones they get married...i dont see why it should be different when it comes to the religion

A true Christian :fpope: doesnt betray its religion :no no.
Also through out the centuries :old: girls have always been the ones who were giving the example and the morals :fponder: to their kids :baby2000: ....so i want my kids to have the religion and ethics of my ancestors :grouphug: and not foreign ones :desert:.

morski
08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I'd date a particular jewslim.:)

Marbeor
08-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Religion is only one thing. Religion is nurture.

As i am unreligious but not anti religious i wouldn't mind dating a christian. As long as she and me share our ancestors and culture, i would even date with girls from other religions.
A person can convert to another religion but a person cannot convert his race.

Linet
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Well, in my case different religion, immediately means different nationality as well :chin:

Behemot
08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Did I answer on this one...:rolleyes:
well...every one whose only religious ceremony in life is his own funeral is fine by me :D

poiuytrewq0987
08-26-2012, 04:01 PM
I've pretty much dated all Christian denominations. Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant... really no big deal. Marriage, however, I think I'd rather marry a Orthodox lady (even will convert my mate if she ends up to be Prot. or Cath. ;)) than anyone else and have the wedding in an Orthodox Church too.

dado
08-26-2012, 07:16 PM
I had been with a raised Christian girl. I could marry one if we set rules before having children and living together, but my parents would never accept a non Muslim, she can be 1% religious, in their eyes it's still better than a faithfull Christian.
I'll listen to them anyway, even if it's sad, the reality is that most of times those kind of relationships don't last for long.

why does this sounds so familiar :blink:

Behemot
08-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Because it's more culturological preservation...than religious
:)

dado
08-26-2012, 07:23 PM
@behemot
već sam napisao na temi o avatarima al' da ponovim opet...malo mi ličiš na zanu marjanović

Behemot
08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
@behemot
već sam napisao na temi o avatarima al' da ponovim opet...malo mi ličiš na zanu marjanović

aaa nisam vidjela....:D
Zana je lijepa,pa hvala :D

morski
08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
@behemot

Only behemot looks better.:)

Didriksson
08-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, because when you are in love, it really doesn't matter.

dado
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
aaa nisam vidjela....:D
Zana je lijepa,pa hvala :D

:thumb001:... naravno,samo nije baš lijepa kao ti...moram ti vratiti s kamatom za ono poređenje sa tošetom:D

StonyArabia
08-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Religion is something personal. I believe that it can work out as long the two people in the relationship don't push on each other's believes. As well it's the choice of the children what they want to follow. I have no qualms dating with people with different faiths.

Sophie
08-27-2012, 05:06 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXllBAU39LX4IXxVlZzFtCn9DvTcex8 dHzegtIb0uD0oz4ydnd

accepthetruth
08-27-2012, 05:21 AM
yeah, i'd beat the religion out of them .

Anusiya
08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't, but I would appreciate if she didn't mind either. There are some religions that have this assimilation twist. If you marry X and you are a Y, then X has to turn Y.

Mistel
08-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I have dated people of a different religion. I am not sure if I would do it in the future because my experience before wasn't a very good one, just because there were too many differences in our ways of thinking. I would prefer someone religious/spiritual to an atheist though.

Tony
08-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Religion is something personal. I believe that it can work out as long the two people in the relationship don't push on each other's believes. As well it's the choice of the children what they want to follow. I have no qualms dating with people with different faiths.

I think that it a man and a woman from different religious backgrounds choose to start a life together they must be alread open minded, smart enough not to waste a relationship over religious issues.

The problems is the "surroundin'".
When friends, the community, the family and especially parents, want to interfere in the couple's decisions, at that point a conflict between the family of him and her is inevitable, because they think they're entitled to have their say on every matter and when there are many who want to decide, instead of just two it's not good at all.

So my recipe in order to make an interreligious relationship last as longer as possible is to keep one's respective family as further away as you can.

CuriousD
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
im not religious so from my side i wouldn't have a problem unless my partner wants me to convert and participate in their religion.
muslims for example. i wouldn't have a problem to be with a turkish woman but if she grew up with muslim traditions and beliefs, it would never happen. actually i would put her live and my life in danger because her family probably would never accept it. the cultural differences are too big and HER family would never approve it.

Óttar
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I would marry a Hindu, "pagan", Buddhist, an agnostic, or atheist. The first two move to the front of the line. I can't deal with Abrahamism, though I have some sympathies with folk Catholicism / Voudoun / Santeria.

CuriousD
11-08-2012, 06:59 PM
i think it also depends a lot on what kind of role religion plays in daily life. if it plays a major role then i could never agree with that.

StonyArabia
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I think if you really love the person than their religious believes should not matter and since only it's a trivial issue. If you put religion before the relationship and you love it more than your partner of course the relationship will crumble. Honestly you should put the person before whatever superficial element present like race, religion, and other none sense.

safinator
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Since i'm agnostic it wouldn't have been very difficult :D

mysticism
11-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I would if it was a good fit.

Kukulkan
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I would but ultimately I would try to talk sense into them.

Me being an Atheist, I can just not bare the thought of someone I care for that much believing in unjustified nonsense.

Tequilo
01-09-2013, 04:58 AM
If the girl i really like, yes. There is no problem with that.

Twistedmind
01-09-2013, 02:14 PM
No.

Vasconcelos
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
My gf is a devour Roman Catholic, so the answer is yes, considering I'm Agnostic..

YellowRose
01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
I would definitely want to make sure it was addressed before the relationship went further. I would not want the conflict of different religions to affect our relationship. If it was something that was workable, then I would. I would still respect that persons religion even in general.

Illancha
01-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Hmmm...

east
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
i did it anymore. I had sex with persons with different religion. I did felt nothing oddity. :)

Lemon Kush
01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Maybe as long as they aren't too extreme or radical practicing. Also they would need to respect my beliefs as well. Most likely I wouldn't choose someone with a foreign religion to Europeans such as Islam and Judaism. As long as they were Christian it wouldn't really matter to me what sect they belonged to, whether Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, etc...
But like I said they shouldn't be to extreme and interpret religion as a cult. I wouldn't mind if they were atheist or agnostic either.

Žołnir
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
I did felt nothing oddity. :)

Hahahha why would you anyway? :D

east
01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Hahahha why would you anyway? :D

I mean I did not feel anything special.

Permafrost
01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Of course I wouldn't. All of my concubines shall be pure-breed LDS.

chocolatcandy
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Never.

Dominika
03-16-2013, 06:01 PM
No way.

Peikko
03-16-2013, 06:03 PM
If she's not atheist, she's reatarded. And I don't date retardoids.

ChildOfTheJin
03-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Depends on which religion it is

evon
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Most girls ive dated have been of a religion foreign to me, Catholics, Sunnis, Orthodox, Protestant ect...

Anulik
03-17-2013, 01:41 AM
No I wouldn't. Prefer to date/marry a practicing Christian rather than cultural due to conflicts on child raising when lives become tied.

Drawing-slim
03-17-2013, 02:32 AM

Austo
03-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Never !!!

she would have to convert.

Linet
03-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Never !!!

she would have to convert.

Why are you lying now? :eusa_eh:
Didnt you promise to convert into Orthodoxy? :fpope:

Austo
03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Why are you lying now? :eusa_eh:
Didnt you promise to convert into Orthodoxy? :fpope:

:)

What would i get for that?

Linet
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
:blink: ....how can you ask for a trade http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/shock2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862518....you will get the eternal salvation of your soul http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/angel1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862489 and you will get into the path of light http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/raccoon/thanks-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774079

Austo
03-26-2013, 01:54 PM
I would let you live in my beautiful mountains, if you converted to roman catholic. :laugh:

Linet
03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
What do you mean in the mountains :1099:?....if you think that hunting for my food http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/agressive/t0152.gif and living in a cave http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/history/h0402.gif is my thing :joy...you are wrong...:grumpy:

Austo
03-26-2013, 02:07 PM
:eyes Are you sure?
I would hunt for you.

Linet
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Oh :blink: ....now is getting interesting :chin: ....can you hunt or we will starve? http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/want/t2819.gif
...i still dont want to live in a cave :disapproving

Austo
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Of course i can.

Dont worry, the cave has internet connection :lol:

Linet
03-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Dont worry, the cave has internet connection :lol:

Wow, a luxurious cave then http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/pozitive/m1248.gif
...but still you have cold up there :snow:...why dont you come here :sunny:? I will put you in our mountains that are warm and cozy http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/cool/m1902.gif

Austo
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Cold is good :)

I cant survive in the hot mediteranean climate, only in the cold mountains ;)

Linet
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Cold is good :)

I cant survive in the hot mediteranean climate, only in the cold mountains ;)

In the cave, it will be cool :eyes
...but in your mountains i will turn into an ice-cube http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/snow/t121006.jpg...thast nto healthy at all :sick:

Austo
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
The mountain cave is warm xD

So you convert?

Linet
03-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh, i thought :icon_ask: we were talking about your convertion :eyes

Austo
03-26-2013, 02:53 PM
You know i would never convert :laugh:

Linet
03-26-2013, 02:59 PM
....I will pray for your salvation then.... http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/religion/t0828.gif

Oneeye
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm a heathen married to a Lutheran. Enough said. :thumb001:

riverman
03-26-2013, 03:31 PM
yes I would, though there are limitations to that as i'm pretty soacially liberal

Loki
03-26-2013, 03:32 PM
I'd change my religion for anyone in a hot country. F'ing sick of this cold ... :mad:

Austo
03-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd change my religion for anyone in a hot country. F'ing sick of this cold ... :mad:

England is not cold.

Loki
03-26-2013, 03:52 PM
England is not cold.

It feels like it :P

alb0zfinest
03-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Id prefer that they have no religion. IF not that, then someone agnostic or extremely irreligious
Just because its better they have the same mindset as me.

Loki
03-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Id prefer that they have no religion. IF not that, then someone agnostic or extremely irreligious
Just because its better they have the same mindset as me.

Agreed with the above, because of as you say the mindset. But also because it could be terribly annoying to have a spouse who nags you to be religious if you don't want to be .. marriage break-up stuff.

Baldur
03-30-2013, 11:34 PM
I think there comes very big problems if your cultures are too different as well, so being different religions is just a problem and not an advantage.

Kemalisté
03-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Personally I would like to date someone without a religion, or non-religious at least.

evon
03-31-2013, 02:50 AM
I think its near impossible for me to meet someone of the same "Faith" as me, but then again its not a criteria that i look for in a potential partner...

The Lawspeaker
04-19-2013, 07:54 PM
My better half is Catholic (well.. officially on paper, that is). I am unaffiliated. And I have seen no problems whatsoever.

Mary
04-19-2013, 08:08 PM
No. I think that religion is more important than ethnicity in a marriage.

CrystalMaiden
06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I think its near impossible for me to meet someone of the same "Faith" as me, but then again its not a criteria that i look for in a potential partner...

What is it then?

riverman
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Personally I would like to date someone without a religion, or non-religious at least.

I really wouldn't mind being with someone who is religious, as long as she didn't try to 'convert' me into her church or something.

MissProvocateur
06-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Depends on the religion, really. I don't want to date someone who will want me to convert to whatever they are.

ABest
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
I'd prefer to marry an irreligious woman. I have no problem whatsoever with religious people, but as an Agnostic (leaning towards Atheism), I think I'd be more compatible with a non-religious woman.

Not a Cop
06-13-2013, 12:39 PM
I care more about music taste

Baluarte
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Doing so at the moment.

I suppose that as long as the traditions are not too different, there shouldn't be a problem. That is if you care a bit about your denomination.
Of course, in the contemporary secularized world, pretty much nothing matters, everybody is the same.

Moonbird
06-14-2013, 01:56 PM
As a secularized Lutheran I would prefer someone lilke myself. A secularized version of anohter religion would also do but I couldn't marry e.g. a devout Catholic.

riverman
06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
As a secularized Lutheran I would prefer someone lilke myself. A secularized version of anohter religion would also do but I couldn't marry e.g. a devout Catholic.

I'm basically in the same situation.

Jewlian
06-14-2013, 10:58 PM
No of course not. All my partners were of the same ethnic background. Although sometimes it crosses my mind to mix with white European women or just have an intercourse. When these thoughts cross my mind I just pray. :) .

wvwvw
07-11-2013, 10:01 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-13854-It-s-beautiful-but-my-parents-mUQ3.jpeg

riverman
07-11-2013, 10:09 AM
No of course not. All my partners were of the same ethnic background. Although sometimes it crosses my mind to mix with white European women or just have an intercourse. When these thoughts cross my mind I just pray. :) .

Were you named after that Beatles song?

vivi
07-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Honestly I think it depends how important their religion is to them.

If someone's just the American type of "Christian" where the peak of their religious practice is calling themselves Christian, it's probably not a big deal to date them.

Pontios
07-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Never. Must be the same religion, even more important than being the same nationality.

Chieftain
07-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Never, even if it's the love of my life.

Loki
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Never, even if it's the love of my life.

You must be very religious.

Virtuous
07-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I am not religious, so the answer is obvious. BUTT I'd most probably feel most compatible with agnostic ex-catholics :P

arcticwolf
07-20-2013, 07:18 PM
I am not religious, so the answer is obvious. BUTT I'd most probably feel most compatible with agnostic ex-catholics :P

Dude you know I like you, you being a Slav and all, but let's keep it real, you would mount anything that would be willing! LOL You are a young med and everybody knows that meds would nail everything that does not climb trees! :laugh:

Virtuous
07-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Dude you know I like you, you being a Slav and all, but let's keep it real, you would mount anything that would be willing! LOL You are a young med and everybody knows that meds would nail everything that does not climb trees! :laugh:

Wise as always, sensei!

Elsa
07-20-2013, 07:40 PM
If I really liked the guy, then yes, though I would prefer to marry another atheist. However if the guy in question is extremely religious then no.

antonio
07-20-2013, 07:43 PM
It would be no objection at all but in the case of radical atheism.

Caismeachd
07-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Dont know if I could date someone who practices anything but I could go along with it if they were otherwise stable. I have dated Jewish women before believe it or not.

Cleitus
07-20-2013, 08:07 PM
No

Gorštak
07-20-2013, 08:10 PM
No

Would you rather marry a Muslim Albanian girl or Catholic not Albanian girl?

Cleitus
07-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Would you rather marry a Muslim Albanian girl or Catholic not Albanian girl?
This Depends on the Girl but if she is muslim she has to convert.

arcticwolf
07-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Dont know if I could date someone who practices anything but I could go along with it if they were otherwise stable. I have dated Jewish women before believe it or not.

You mean you've got a thing for Emmy Rossum? Join the club! :laugh:

http://www.details.com/images/celebrities-entertainment/women/200903/CELEBRITIES_emmy_rossumV.jpg

Polski
07-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Absolutely not. Europe should remain Christian, although I am not overly religious.

Muslims and Jews are the worst.

Germanicus
07-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Religions are just cults....if you are stupid enough to believe in a cult you deserve all you get..!!

Manifest Destiny
07-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Yes. I actually married a woman of a different religion. I'm a pagan and my wife is a kinda non-practicing Christian.

apple
07-25-2013, 09:17 AM
If they are very conservative then I will mind it..

armenianbodyhair
08-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Sure. I am not very serious about my religion anyway it's more a cultural thing. Maybe I am even agnostic. I really don't care its not the most important thing to me for sure.

Formozgan
08-10-2013, 11:05 PM
This is complicated with hardcore sects, as it often implies political motives too. But if the person is good and respectful, yes. In some places religion is hard to separate from "ethnicity".

Nurr
09-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I do not have problem with God but with his administration on Earth.So my answer is yes..religion narrating only love, tolerance between people,,prejudices make fears...:picard1:

dado
09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
I do not have problem with God but with his administration on Earth.So my answer is yes..religion narrating only love, tolerance between people,,prejudices make fears...:picard1:

it is interesting that u have arabic nick

Nurr
09-24-2013, 01:29 PM
it is interesting that u have arabic nick

So what if i have arabic nick?!And I know as long as live i will not be able to hate someone just because they call God by another name,I do not suffer from inborn hatred of everything different -i love this diversity,i do not hate flowers couse it is not same colors,and especially not people because they were born different.My view is not simply limited.

dado
09-24-2013, 01:31 PM
So what if i have arabic nick?!And I know as long as live i will not be able to hate someone just because they call God by another name,I do not suffer from inborn hatred of everything different -i love this diversity,i do not hate flowers couse it is not same colors,and especially not people because they were born different.My view is not simply limited.

i'd like u to convert

Nurr
09-24-2013, 07:56 PM
i'd like u to convert

Lol u sledecem zivotu-gori ste od Jehovinih svedoka:picard1:

Nurr
09-24-2013, 07:57 PM
i'd like u to convert

dado
09-25-2013, 01:00 PM

bit će kasno

KidMulat
09-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I would but my ex was an atheist which was harder than I imagined with them debating and arguing about my belief system.

Gorštak
09-25-2013, 01:10 PM
One wise man said "under pants, they all are the same".
But I think he wanted to say how you should not be finicky when it's about girls.
But I guess it also can be used in this context.

Baluarte
09-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Multilayer question.

1) Sleeping with someone in the XXIst Century has nothing to do with sharing beliefs or background. It's not particularly hard to get girls to split their legs, whether they affiliate to Christianism, Islam, Judaism, neo-paganism or just plain secular humanism aka consumerism (last two being remarkably easy).

It's even possible to just pick a girl without even asking her name.

2) Dating can mean a lot of things, from "Hi, I'll come over next weekend for drinks, music and pussy" to quasi-marriage/engaged situations. The more casual it is, the less important it is to share beliefs.

3) Marriage requires similar principles, values and objectives. Hard to do, and even harder when belief systems are not compatible.

---

For my personal case, I can only be serious/willing to marry girls from a Catholic or Eastern Orthodox background, and even then it's not a guarantee, given that XXI Century contemporary "culture" filters most young women and you periodically have to deal with episodes of materialism, shallow hedonism and liberal relativism.

Blackout
09-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Don't think i could, to be honest.

Gaston
10-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I can't date or even have someone as a friend if he/she is not atheist.

Accountant
10-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I had a couple of dates with one Christian girl. Couldn't handle the stupidity. :(

Drawing-slim
10-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Depends how hot of a piece of ass she is, then not only will I accept her religion, I'll be a priest or imam to impress her and lock up that bitch for good,:laugh:

I don't give a shit really, but I think I would be bothered by religious minds day in day out.

afrotaino
10-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah Besides I oneself consider that the poligamy is the best there is, I believe it in Yeshua Nezrati also is that the monogamy is a shit Viva las Hembras

PD: Excuseme for my english its rare

Germaniac
10-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Depends on what is this other religion, but mainly yes.

Cleitus
10-12-2013, 12:07 PM
She has to be Albanian the Religion doesn't matter.

cally
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
I want to date an atheist/agnostic/irreligious guy.

Skerdilaid
10-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I want to date an atheist/agnostic/irreligious guy.

Hello:biggrin:

VKOT
10-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I date with women of any religion, but I will never marry one that isn't catholic.

Also
10-27-2013, 06:40 AM
I am a catholic too, I could date other christians though ideally my partner would be a catholic. But I feel uncomfortable with the idea of dating a muslim or even a practicing jew.

Dál Riata
12-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Any type of Christian would do. Would consider a Buddhist or Sikh.

Deist, atheist, agnostic or 'spiritual not religious' is fine so long as they're not anti-Christian.

Definitely not Muslim though, due to Islam's own teachings on such matters. If she was ex-Muslim, fine.

RandoBloom
12-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Yes, as long as they are white

Äijä
01-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Sure. I am not very serious about my religion anyway it's more a cultural thing. Maybe I am even agnostic. I really don't care its not the most important thing to me for sure.

Ever had a pagan? :rolleyes:

Leo Iscariot
01-01-2014, 01:11 AM
I'm Agnostic, but I would as long as she didn't force her beliefs on me.

Zaycev
01-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Absolutely no proble for me to date OR marry someone who is catholic/protestant, non-religious, muslim, hindu/buddhist, shinto or even jewish.
Much more important is her looks and heart.

Lemon Kush
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM
nope

kabeiros
01-03-2014, 11:55 PM
If she's Greek and she's:
1. Orthodox or Catholic Christian
2. Buddhist
3. Atheist/Agnostic

she is qualified to be my wife.

KrashNick
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes

Black Wolf
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Indeed I would.

The Illyrian Warrior
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Yes, thank God never had this problem and never will. :)

1stLightHorse
01-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Dating to me was always a serious thing, i never dated someone that i thought would not have the potential to be something more. Of course, i'm talking about her maternal attributes, behavior of her family, quality of her character, etc.

My query is, if you really believed in your religion, how could you possibly marry someone of a different religion. That doesn't sound very cohesive to me. In fact it sounds like a recipe for confusion in the offspring.

So the answer is no, i wouldn't date/marry someone who took their religion seriously. This tells me a lot about their convictions. If they really cared about their religion, how could they prioritize a person of a different, potentially conflicting set of beliefs. It seems like this would make their conviction hollow, i don't respect that.

Liac
01-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't date/marry someone of a different religion, because I don't want and won't date/marry nobody. As my old friend Predrag says: "I'm born single virgin, so I'll day same way".

SardiniaAtlantis
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
As I am the only one on Earth who cheekily venerates Sardus Pater whose temple still stands;
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/a558/a312/gallery/Central_Europe/Italy/Sardinia/Antas_photo_18.JPG
anyone from any religion would be different to me, so the answer is no because I don't really plan to be married. Cohabitation for me ;)

Leopard
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Date yes,marry hardly.

La Misse
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
YES.

Linebacker
01-30-2014, 10:39 PM
I would go out with a Christan,infact I have,so that makes me say yes.I don't know about Muslim girls tho,I will have trouble dealing with their xenophobic parents.

Borna
03-04-2014, 09:46 PM
My women will be Christian or i won't have it.

Azmar
04-12-2014, 08:09 PM
I've dated several Muslims. This one guy I dated would not let us talk about sex at the dinner table. Obviously it's not appropriate when other people are around but I mean, even if it was just the two of us. He was very strict about this too. He said the dinner is a gift from God and it's disrespectful to talk about sex. He did drink alcohol sometimes and almost never prayed but he was strict about this one thing.

vibrant_
04-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Yes I would, but no Wiccans or Satanists for obvious reasons

Han Cholo
04-15-2014, 08:04 PM

What about a voodoo medicine wizard?

Rudel
04-22-2014, 04:54 AM
Been there, done that.

Never say never, but I just find it too problematic to date someone who can't understand the necessity of papal infallibility and the concept of transubstantiation.
Things are just so much better when you're with someone who shares similar aspirations, whether social or spiritual.

zhaoyun
04-22-2014, 04:56 AM
I have and it wasn't a big deal, but they werent very religious. If they were intensely religious, it'd be an issue.

Mark
04-22-2014, 05:26 AM
Yes totally. I have Baptists, Catholics, Methodists, Atheists, etc. throughout my family. I look at the individual only.

Seraph of the End
04-22-2014, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't mind marrying a Christian (Catholic or Orthodox), Atheist, Agnostic or Buddhist (some other religions too). Islam is exception. If I marry a Muslim, I'm sure my grandparents would be rolling in their graves.

I would prefer someone who is Orthodox Christian, but not too religious (someone like me) :'P

armenianbodyhair
04-22-2014, 06:41 AM
I don't think dating someone of a different religion is a problem, but trying to raise kids with someone of a different religion probably would be. I've dated people of different religions, and even though I am not religious we agreed not to discuss it.

Mark
04-22-2014, 06:48 AM
I don't think dating someone of a different religion is a problem, but trying to raise kids with someone of a different religion probably would be.

I agree. For better or worse, I didn't grow up with a strong religious affiliation and would prefer my kids to make their own choice and be free thinking. However, if a potential wife had strong religious convictions, I wouldn't mind having our kids being brought up in her preferred religion. I don't feel it would be a potential issue.

armenianbodyhair
04-22-2014, 06:57 AM
I agree. For better or worse, I didn't grow up with a strong religious affiliation and would prefer my kids to make their own choice and be free thinking. However, if a potential wife had strong religious convictions, I wouldn't mind having our kids being brought up in her religion. I don't feel it would be a potential issue.

I think in the US it would be less of an issue, because it is such a melting pot, but if you care about preserving tradition (which there is nothing wrong with - traditions are beautiful and very much worth preserving) it will be harder. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong way to raise a kid as I am barely an adult myself but a strong sense of identity can be as helpful as it is detrimental for someone while they are growing up. I would want any child of mine to be able to think critically about the world around them and their place in it though, but I don't think those things are necessarily mutually exclusive. Basically I think it's worth showing children what they can from but ultimately it's their decision.

Mark
04-22-2014, 07:14 AM
I think in the US it would be less of an issue, because it is such a melting pot, but if you care about preserving tradition (which there is nothing wrong with - traditions are beautiful and very much worth preserving) it will be harder. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong way to raise a kid as I am barely an adult myself but a strong sense of identity can be as helpful as it is detrimental for someone while they are growing up. I would want any child of mine to be able to think critically about the world around them and their place in it though, but I don't think those things are necessarily mutually exclusive. Basically I think it's worth showing children what they can from but ultimately it's their decision.

Well, I do plan on marrying and staying in the US so that works out fine. :P

Again, exposing ones children to both parents unique cultures and religions can work well but raising them in one decided religion is best and will hopefully not cause much conflict.
Ironically, my ex fiancee (who is Catholic) wanted to bring our potential children up as Jewish and I was like, what?

The Illyrian Warrior
04-22-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm not religious myself so wouldn't have any problem to marry one neither does my family, when it comes to ethnicity differs alot since my family for sure wants my wife to be of same ethnicity hence an Albanian so at end of the day I'd pick Albanian over someone of different ethnicity as soul-mate but who knows what life might bring. :)

Dombra
04-22-2014, 07:23 AM
I am atheist but marrying a Muslim, Hindu or anything weird means marrying non-Europeans so I would prefer not to

I would not mind a Jewess though

legolasbozo
04-22-2014, 07:40 AM
yes, incase my wife let my kids bring up as a muslim.

Mark
04-22-2014, 07:53 AM

I agree about raising children with a cultural identity and preserving tradition. I would also like to add that I am only speaking from my personal experience and seeing how my cousins and other family members turned out as a result. They seem to be very well-adjusted people and embrace their Jewish roots as well as their non-Jewish ones. They don't seem to be conflicted in the least.

The King, I am
04-22-2014, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't marry someone who will force any religion down the throats of my children (hint: Nabatea1, hiiiint)

Also
04-22-2014, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't marry someone who will force any religion down the throats of my children (hint: Nabatea1, hiiiint)

Don't worry about that, you are gay.

The King, I am
04-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Don't worry about that, you are gay.

bi*

Elsa
04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
I would only marry another atheist.

Arianiti
04-22-2014, 01:05 PM
I would never marry a person who is extremely into religion like Raine e.g. LOL (stop those thumbs down woman), for the rest I don't care what religious or irreligious background a person has.

alb0zfinest
04-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I'd prefer it if the person i marry is an atheist or agnostic. But if they are some sort of extremely irreligious christian or muslim I guess that'd be fine too.

Teyrn
04-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Not if I could help it.

Cleitus
04-22-2014, 01:09 PM
The only thing i care for is race/ethnicity, i would only marry a Albanian Girl of course.

zhaoyun
04-22-2014, 02:01 PM

What if they sacrificed small animals to Satan in honor of your beauty? Would that be cool?

vibrant_
04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
What if they sacrificed small animals to Satan in honor of your beauty? Would that be cool?

Hahahaha :laugh:, hell no!

Beit El
04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't care about religion, as long as our offspring won't be influenced by non-European religions.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
05-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Yes, but I wouldn't want them pushing their religion on kids if we have any. I would let the child decide for what they want and learn about different ones before they judge.

Kale
05-01-2014, 03:47 AM
Yes but they wouldn't date/marry me.

dude
05-01-2014, 03:51 AM
I could not be with a religious person.

nose
05-04-2014, 04:36 AM
yes, but only if she is gracil med or pueblid

Fear Fiain
05-04-2014, 05:19 AM

date yes. Marry, probably not, unless they were willing to let me raise the children in the traditional Christian faith.
as much negotiation as I could do would be choosing between Roman Catholic, Eastern Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Antiochian Orthodox, ROCOR, or OCA...

Mortimer
05-04-2014, 06:03 AM
yes i would. but a very religious person would be difficult to handle. if she is from another background but lives modern/secular rather i wouldnt mind

roony ahmed
07-04-2014, 02:06 AM
yes why not we all humens at the end ...

alb0zfinest
07-04-2014, 02:09 AM
If I was really, really, really into her, then maybe I could deal with it, otherwise probably not.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 02:14 AM
If I was really, really, really into her, then maybe I could deal with it, otherwise probably not.

I knew you were racist! :laugh:

Linet
07-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Never say never, especially in matters of the heart :love0031:

LOCOMANDANTE
07-05-2014, 06:26 AM
The idea of deflowering a very conservative, modest eastern girl turns me on, but realistically I would end converted myself. So no.

Herr Abubu
07-05-2014, 12:03 PM
No, I wouldn't if I had the choice. I have this thing about being very critical of everything and having an eye for flaws and a difficulty of shutting my mouth about those flaws, so I'd be digging an early grave for my spouse if she believed in something else than I do.

King Claus
07-06-2014, 11:50 AM
yes why not we all humens at the end ...
Nobody in the world is a "humen" :laugh:

Incal
07-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm attracted to smart ladies and no religious person can be smart.

Irishguy
07-17-2014, 01:38 AM
no but i would fuck them

DaniAloneWalking
07-17-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm not religious and I should marry a girl of whatever religion if she didn't give it importance. For example a christian girl who sincerely believe in god and so on shouldn't be good for me (and I shouldn't be good for her of course)

Unome
07-17-2014, 10:23 PM
I want to marry a girl who is devoutly Roman Catholic.

Atlantique
07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
I want to marry a girl who is devoutly Roman Catholic.

Same. They're the best as they're everything modern girls are not.

Harley
07-18-2014, 03:07 AM
I think that being a person of good morals and hardworking transcends religion. I would date someone who has a good spirit and doesn't have to remind anyone with his fists he is inherently man and awesome.

Peter Nirsch
07-18-2014, 03:30 AM
yes, except muslims and jews

Guapo
07-18-2014, 03:33 AM
yes, except muslims and jews

yep, hail hitler

Vektor
07-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Fuck jews and ciapate kurwy

Peter Nirsch
07-18-2014, 03:38 AM
yep, hail hitler

hi

https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/44307381/disp/125fc24bf93865ea88f708e99bee33ee.jpg

Dubbi
07-19-2014, 04:06 AM
I have Jewish and Catholic roots, but am mostly irreligious, and I would date a girl whose Jewish, Christian (of any denomination) or irreligious. However, I'm skeptical of the character of the girls (and people in general) who don't believe in God or any conception of objective life purpose or morality, and before pursuing a long-term relationship with an atheist I would have to be totally convinced of her integrity and genuine desire to live a virtuous life.

Kit Carson
07-19-2014, 04:08 AM
I would date everyone religion for me doesn't matter

.Luke.
07-23-2014, 06:38 PM
No...i just simply never do that...i'll never marry anybody, i'm not so masochist..

scottch
07-30-2014, 05:13 AM
Im not religious and would only marry a Christian girl because thats the religion of Europe, there are some muslims in the balkans but they are traitors of Europe.

Gustave H
09-20-2014, 05:51 AM
I don't think so. My fiance is an Atheist as well, and we are very happy together.

Guapo
09-20-2014, 05:56 AM
religion is for towelheads and wogs

Ars Moriendi
09-20-2014, 05:59 AM
religion is for towelheads and wogs

I guess that explains a lot about me and why I do have a religion. :)

On topic: Probably would. It'd depend on ethics system being compatible.