PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin D revealed to be miracle anti-cancer 'drug' with astonishing chemical properties

microrobert
07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Vitamin D revealed to be miracle anti-cancer 'drug' with astonishing chemical properties

A new study published this month finds that the hormonally active form of vitamin D, Calcitriol 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3), inhibits the growth of many kinds of cancerous cells, including breast cancer, indicating that vitamin D3 can be useful in treating and even preventing a variety of cancers. Authors of the study said that caner cell growth is inhibited by "anticancer actions including cell cycle arrest, promotion of apoptosis and inhibition of invasion, metastasis, and angiogenesis." Vitamin D's anti-inflammatory properties and interference with estrogen synthesis further explains its anti-tumor properties.

Two studies from 2007 used meta-analysis, which combines data from multiple reports, to find that therapeutic doses of vitamin D could prevent up to half of all cases of breast cancer, and two-thirds of all cases of colorectal cancer in the United States. The studies showed a direct correlation between blood levels of vitamin D and cancer. Those with the highest blood levels were found to be at the lowest risk, and the lowest blood levels at the highest risk.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036597_vitamin_D_anti-cancer_drug.html#ixzz22DYD8buK

Albion
07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
So to fight cancer one must be in the sun more often whilst risking developing skin cancer from that same primary source of vitamin D? Ironic.
Maybe I'll just eat more fish.

The Lawspeaker
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
So to fight cancer one must be in the sun more often whilst risking developing skin cancer from that same primary source of vitamin D? Ironic.

I need to start looking into the cancer rates within the Japanese population. They are a nation of devoted fish eaters and they tend to get older than Westerners.

Sikeliot
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
I eat plenty of fish, I live by the sea and there is a fish & chips restaurant on every corner. I might be safe. :)

Allenson
07-31-2012, 06:47 PM

I'd have to look up some studies, but for lightly pigmented northern Europeans, it doesn't take much sun exposure for us to manufacture a beneficial amound of Vitamin D. Certainly much less time than it does to develop skin cancer. Something like 20 minutes a day in the summer when the sun is very high in the sky...

Albion
07-31-2012, 07:29 PM
I need to start looking into the cancer rates within the Japanese population. They are a nation of devoted fish eaters and they tend to get older than Westerners.

I expect the rates will go up in the next few years because of the slight radiation increase.
Iceland is probably a better one to look at because they eat a lot of fish as well, then again those volcanoes probably send out all sorts of carcinogenic crap too. Both nations seem to have very long lived people though.

Primarily I believe that much of the cancer risk in the west is due to all the chemicals we're exposed to as well as the fatty diet.
Japanese people are exposed to much the same as westerners but don't seem to suffer from it as much, so I think it's diet related.

I think primarily the health difference is based on our diets. The Japanese diet looks to be quite protein based, rather like the low carb diets some people adopt in the west. It's also quite lower in sugars than European diets. People seeking sugars is really to ward off famine and some have suggested that Europeans are more inclined (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=7942129&page=1#.UBgxdXX3Fbw) than other races to consume such foods. Natural sugars are fairly harmless, but there are a lot of manufactured ones that aren't so healthy.
When you get a lot of fat it leads to all sorts of other diseases.

It's important to note that just a few decades ago things such as heart disease and cancer weren't nearly as widespread. I think that if everyone only ate meals they'd cooked themselves from fresh ingredients we'd notice a fall in many western diseases. It's not entirely practical though, people still want to buy biscuits, chocolate and etc so it's really just about watching what you eat.
Note that a few decades ago most people ate home cooked meals from basic ingredients and didn't have nearly as many snacks in between. A snack was an apple or a biscuit, not a packet of crisps and a mars bar.

At the moment I'm not really eating healthily myself. I'm one of those naturally thin people so let it slide for a while.
Usually I eat a high protein diet rich in meat, fruit and leaf vegetables with a few carbs but at the moment I'm mostly on carbs which is really what you want a lot of only over winter. But try this - switch from high carbs to low carbs and high protein and you'll find you've got a lot more energy. I noticed it anyway but high protein diet depends on a lot of meat so is expensive.

The Japanese diet is very much about fish and leaf vegetables with very few carbohydrates or red meat. They're buddhist, they don't eat much red meat. Fish are perhaps the healthiest form of meat alongside lean lamb or white meat so they're consuming a lot of protein, low carbohydrates and a lot of essential vitamins and minerals from the veg and seaweed (seaweed has practically everything - just ask gardeners that use it for fertiliser).