PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Welsh?

Bobcat Fraser
08-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Are there any Welsh members here? I know that Treffie (or Arthur) is Welsh, but he no longer posts on Apricity. Surely, there must be a few *active* members from Wales. They seem to be rarer than Irish members.

rashka
08-05-2012, 06:52 AM
I think Welsh people don't readily say I'm Welsh but rather say I'm English but if asked what they really were they would say they were Welsh.

Jedthehumanoid
08-05-2012, 07:19 AM
I think Welsh people don't readily say I'm Welsh but rather say I'm English but if asked what they really were they would say they were Welsh.

Wash your mouth out girl:D The Welsh are a very proud nation and as anti English as the Scots:cool:

If there are any Welsh on here you'll be getting hate mail after that comment;)

Anyway, screw the Welsh, where are the Danes?:)

Graham
08-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Wales is made up fiction like Narnia.

Jedthehumanoid
08-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Wales is made up fiction like Narnia.

Yes Graham and one where they speak their own language;)

rashka
08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Aren't the Welsh related to the Wallachs, also known as Vlachs?

xajapa
08-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey Bobcat Fraser, I am 6.25% Welsh through my father's side. His maternal great great grandfather came from Wales to western PA. The family eventually moved to Wheeling, WV. His surname was Griffis.

xajapa
08-05-2012, 05:54 PM

I don't think so. The true Welsh are pure Celts, pushed to the edge of Britain by Germanic and Norman invaders.

Bobcat Fraser
08-06-2012, 12:45 AM

The etymology is related. The ethnicity isn't. Both "Vlachs" and "Welsh" were names used to describe foreign people or strangers. The Welsh are more related to the Cherokee, though.;)

Bobcat Fraser
08-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Hey Bobcat Fraser, I am 6.25% Welsh through my father's side. His maternal great great grandfather came from Wales to western PA. The family eventually moved to Wheeling, WV. His surname was Griffis.

You can be one of our token taffs. All of my grandparents had Welsh ancestry. Daniel Boone's Welsh grandpa was one of my forebears. Boone had an English father and a Welsh mother.

The Lawspeaker
08-07-2012, 06:00 AM
I am moving it to the Welsh section and I will stick it there so if a Welshman passes by he will be the first to notice it.

Longbowman
11-25-2013, 09:04 PM
I have exactly zero (known) Welsh ancestry but I do come from one of those English settler families and have lived for years in the Beacons and Snowdonia. Do I count?

Tooting Carmen
11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
I live in Swansea, my Grandfather was Welsh and so are some surviving relatives.

Longbowman
11-08-2019, 01:26 PM
nac oes, dyn ni isio ymweld â sbaen a'r eidal, mae hi'n rhatach a dyn ni'n eu hoffi.