PDA

View Full Version : Exordium is (soon) dead

Eldritch
06-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Dear fellow Apricians;

The time has come for me to say goodbye.

As much as I love participating in this community, the utter misery, despair and hatred of my everyday life makes it impossible to go on.

I do not promise that I will end my life today, or tomorrow, or next week. But eventually I will.

I already once lost everything: my health, my job, my ex-wife, my home.

Then I managed to put my life back together -- but only for a moment. Now that moment has passed and it's time for me to move on, into oblivion.

v8bbD68Umvo

The Lawspeaker
06-26-2009, 08:37 PM
What in the name of God ?! What is going on, friend ?

Útrám
06-26-2009, 08:42 PM
You have my sincerest condolences. I hope you will reason yourself out of whatever self-destructive impulses you might have, I hope you'll feel better :)

~°2012°~
06-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry I never got to know you. I respect your decision and wish you a peaceful death. Farewell.

Allenson
06-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Please see the good, mate.

Listen to the birds sing, watch the sun rise, lie in the grass or swim in the lake.

See the good, friend and please stay on this earth until Mother Nature takes you to the dance herself.

Loki
06-26-2009, 08:56 PM
My worthless opinion: You're too smart a guy not to live out your life to the full. Your hardships have been considerable, more than mine have been. But the world would be a lesser place without you around. I certainly would miss you, for one. And I'm sure there are loads of others who benefit from you being alive and kicking.

Should you therefore stay alive just for others' benefit, whilst your life is hell? No, I wouldn't advise such a thing. But my suggestion is that there may be a teeny bit of light in the darkness around the corner for you, who knows? When things are at their lowest, sometimes we can take comfort in the fact that it can only get better. I am at that stage right now. Some months ago were a low for me, and I also did not see the point in continuing with living. I'm still here though, and my depression has lifted. Things haven't changed that much for the better (yet), but I guess the realisation of the fact that hope remains until I have my last breath to take - however illogical it may sound - keeps me going.

Nothing I or anyone else say can make you feel better about continuing to live at this point in time - that much is clear. But if you need a friend to talk to, I am here.

Kempenzoon
06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
If you've really made up your mind, may it be quick and painless.

If you're still doubting though, wait with it. If you end your life, you can never go back, so as long as there's the slightest doubt, don't do it.

I wish I had more constructive things to say, but I haven't been around for long enough to know you.

The Lawspeaker
06-26-2009, 09:02 PM
For what my advise may be worth: have a walk with a trusted friend, Exordium and think about it while you drink a glass together.

If you end your life then there is no way in which you can return- and I know that you are too smart a person to go to waste for this world. I don't know much about your history but you seem to have a troublesome past. I really advise you to think it over and not take the easy way out.

But if you would decide to go ahead with it I wish you a painless and peaceful way out. But I still urge you not to do it.

Aemma
06-26-2009, 09:16 PM
My worthless opinion: You're too smart a guy not to live out your life to the full. Your hardships have been considerable, more than mine have been. But the world would be a lesser place without you around. I certainly would miss you, for one. And I'm sure there are loads of others who benefit from you being alive and kicking.

Should you therefore stay alive just for others' benefit, whilst your life is hell? No, I wouldn't advise such a thing. But my suggestion is that there may be a teeny bit of light in the darkness around the corner for you, who knows? When things are at their lowest, sometimes we can take comfort in the fact that it can only get better. I am at that stage right now. Some months ago were a low for me, and I also did not see the point in continuing with living. I'm still here though, and my depression has lifted. Things haven't changed that much for the better (yet), but I guess the realisation of the fact that hope remains until I have my last breath to take - however illogical it may sound - keeps me going.

Nothing I or anyone else say can make you feel better about continuing to live at this point in time - that much is clear. But if you need a friend to talk to, I am here.

Listen to the Man, Ex. There are people that care about you here and want to help you during this low moment in your life. You're not alone.

Angantyr
06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
You are definitely not alone. In fact, there are many others like us...perhaps even on the Apricity.

On May 27, 2008, discovered that my then wife was cheating on me. That started off a chain reaction of misery. I then discovered that my soon to be ex-wife had a secret bank account and was siphoning off funds. The mortgage on my home went into default and the bank came after me. Additionally, I was sued on a credit card. Of course, we had to sell our home, which closed on August 23, 2008. I moved into a 40 square metre apartment, in order to save money. I received my divorce decree on October 23, 2008. In Canada, we have no fault support. So, I dutifully paid support to my wife and I chose to do it as a lump sum so as to sever all connections with my ex-wife, which left me with a negative net worth. In November, 2009, I contracted some viral infection (probably due to the stress of eveything) and by November 9, 2008, I required surgery to actually cut me open and cut out the infection. I convalesced at my mother's for one month and I still feel the after effects of the surgery to this day. So, I lost my wife, my finances, my home, my health and so on, and this is all in the past year.

Well, my life is currently quite shitty. But, I know that it could be worse and that it is temporary. Happiness will come again...maybe not today, or tomorrow, or next week, but eventually. That is enough to keep me going.

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Life will go on, no matter what. I'll be honest with you, only for very few of us it ever gets better, but we have to go through this earthly misery with a death-defying grin. We will all be dead soon enough, but it is our duty to persevere in the here and now. And even in chaos, turmoil and bedlam you can filter out a few moments in which you actually have something to laugh about. Or feel good for a moment.

~°2012°~
06-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Life will go on, no matter what. I'll be honest with you, only for very few of us it ever gets better, but we have to go through this earthly misery with a death-defying grin. We will all be dead soon enough, but it is our duty to persevere in the here and now. And even in chaos, turmoil and bedlam you can filter out a few moments in which you actually have something to laugh about. Or feel good for a moment.

Maybe the important thing here is to change the approach, from the self-pitying "all is shit" to "all is shit - and I'm thankful for it" - This is real. Your sword is your creativity, your target is the castle of fantasies, and the only enemy is your own negativity. Drive away the negative, sad outlook on things and embrace the world as an open battlefield. Anything can, and will, happen. You will complete your studies, but fail a few tests. You will make new friends - don't trust all of them. You will fall in love again (and lose that love even). You will lose possessions, and gain new ones. You will see forests die, and people cry. You will lose direction, and find it again, after much confusion. Sometimes you will receive cuts and bruises. Some people will die on you, and life will always continue, with or without you.

DarkZarathustra
06-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Exordium
Our life from the birth is not full of comfort and pleasure but heavy struggle with obstacles, overcoming of them even if we can not do it we should struggle on with no pre-thinking, just keep on trying without weighing any "how's" and "why's"!

And else, stay among us, united we stand!

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Actually I enjoy my misery. Happy people make me sick. It is misery which makes people rise above themselves.

Aemma
06-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Actually I enjoy my misery. Happy people make me sick. It is misery which makes people rise above themselves.

And you assume that "happy people" are indeed just that, "happy"? Is there even such a thing as "happiness"? Phleg, you've been around the block; you know better. :rolleyes:

Everybody lives through (some) misery. We reach plateaux of contentment or at best some form of stability in the ebb and flow of degree of "misery", as you call it, which is the stuff of life. That's what life is. But to think that there exists such an entity as a " 24/7 happy person" is about as useful as thinking that the Tooth Fairy exists. Happiness is not an absolute quantity; it, like anything else, has gradations.

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I know lots of people who are 100% not happy.

Aemma
06-26-2009, 10:52 PM
I know lots of people who are 100% not happy.

Happy is an elusive word, rendered quite meaningless by its cavalier use in today's society. So to say that some people are 100% not happy is about as true and/or useful as saying that there are some people who are 100% happy. Neither one really works or means anything of value or substance imho.

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Idiots can be 100% happy, because they cannot reflect their situation or assess their immediate environment.

Gooding
06-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Exordium, I'm so sorry that things have gotten to this point for you. I have no platitudes to spew or nonsense to babble..you don't need to be patronized. May you find the peace you seek, alive or otherwise.

Loki
06-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Idiots can be 100% happy, because they cannot reflect their situation or assess their immediate environment.

My greatest source of unhappiness is the realisation of how happy I could have been, had things turned out more fortunate for me. In this sense, pondering about these things is not helpful, and can bring about depression.

Treffie
06-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Exordium, I know that you're true to your word and you're not the type to make such a thread without meaning it, so this has left me completely aghast.

Sol Invictus
06-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know where his IP is coming from? The police should be contacted immediately. Give me his IP and if possible, his address.

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Exordium, you are hereby ordered to have a few alcoholic beverages, go to bed and sleep it over.

The Lawspeaker
06-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Does anyone know where his IP is coming from? The police should be contacted immediately. Give me his IP and if possible, his address.
I wrote Loki a quick visitors note asking him to check for Exordiums IP (and if they have it the address) and contact the police.

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
That only works in Hollywood movies. My advice is probably the better alternative.

Loki
06-26-2009, 11:47 PM
I wrote Loki a quick visitors note asking him to check for Exordiums IP (and if they have it address) and contact the police.

No. We respect his privacy.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Police in Helsinki have been contacted. I hope he can be reached in time to get him the help he needs.

DarkZarathustra
06-27-2009, 12:07 AM
No. We respect his privacy.
Loki, it's not the case to think about his privacy!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Treffie
06-27-2009, 12:11 AM

I disagree, it's obviously a personal matter.

Loki
06-27-2009, 12:15 AM

So if you make a posting on the internet, do you want police to go check you up at your home? I think not ...

DarkZarathustra
06-27-2009, 12:15 AM
I disagree, it's obviously a personal matter.
Are you kidding, eh? :mad:

Treffie
06-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Are you kidding, eh? :mad:

Why would I joke about a thing like this? It is a personal matter.

Cato
06-27-2009, 12:18 AM
You don't know me, but I can understand your self-destructive desires very well. About ten years ago, I was on the verge of suicide. To make a long story short, prolonged unemployment, health problems, constant depression and anxiety had driven me, so I thought then, into a corner of hopelessness. What did I have to live for, I asked myself, when all I seem to encounter is misery? Why can't I seem to do the right thing? And so on, I kept asking myself similar defeatist questions and building up within my mind an opinion that my life was hopeless because of what weren't external situations- but internal thoughts, moods and desires. I was my own worst enemy and, right on the edge, I pulled myself back- my life flashed before my eyes and I had an inkling then of what I know now.

I don't know what your situation has been, but don't take it into your mind that your life is a hopeless miasma. While I don't regard suicide as ignoble, I do regard it as the last resort. Perhaps your emotional state is, but I'd advise you to think clearly. Please! My own experiences have put into my mind that people often entertain these self-destructive impulses when they emotionally vulnerable. Maybe you don't think you're happy now, but there's no reason why you won't be in the future. What is happiness but a state of mind? If you can't find solace in your family and friends, find someone in a place like this forum. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be willing to lend you a shoulder. :D

Do you have any loose ends? Things left unsaid or undone? I doubt you've tidied up all of the little things. What about the things you'll not be able to do? Or the people you'll inevitably leave behind? "The universe is change, life is an opinion." One of the Stoic philosophers said this a long time ago; your life is going through changes, but your opinion of this change will color your outlook on life. Good and bad events in life are apparent only after your mind has formed an impression about them. Think things over, use your good mind, and I'm sure life will seem to be a lot better for you! :thumb001:

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 12:20 AM
So if you make a posting on the internet, do you want police to go check you up at your home? I think not ...

If someone makes known his intentions to others to end his life, it's the moral obligation of people to ensure this doesn't happen. If this is carried out, and a subsequent investigation is held after the fact, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for criminal negligent charges to be laid.

What's the harm of having Police come by to see how he is, and if he is actually serious? The worst case scenario?

Loki
06-27-2009, 12:23 AM
If someone makes known his intentions to others to end his life, it's the moral obligation of people to ensure this doesn't happen. If this is carried out, and a subsequent investigation is held after the fact, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for criminal negligent charges to be laid.

What's the harm of having Police come by to see how he is, and if he is actually serious? The worst case scenario?

The whole point of this thread was probably to talk to us about this, and for him to receive support from us via debate. That is what Exordium is like -- he is an intellectual guy who reasons. I don't think he ever expected to have his front door bashed in by the police when making this posting. You may have ruined his entire effort to receive support from friends.

Oh, and didn't you say previously in the chatbox that you were drunk? I'm not, I can think straight.

Cato
06-27-2009, 12:23 AM

I concur with this opinion. If the poster intends to kill him/herself, and this is known, a failure to act is amoral at the very least.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 12:27 AM
The whole point of this thread was probably to talk to us about this, and for him to receive support from us via debate. That is what Exordium is like -- he is an intellectual guy who reasons. I don't think he ever expected to have his front door bashed in by the police when making this posting. You may have ruined his entire effort to receive support from friends.

Oh, and didn't you say previously in the chatbox that you were drunk? I'm not, I can think straight.

The Police are not allowed to 'bash' down his door. They are allowed to drive by and knock on his door to investigate his state of mind, and if necessary, detain this individual under the respective "Mental Health Act" in his country. I don't see how asking the Police to come by his house to see how he is is much of a problem. At least he will know that there are people here who care about him and his well-being. Maybe that's exactly what this guy is lacking.

Phlegethon
06-27-2009, 12:40 AM
How does sending in the police help anyone? I'd rather be dead than have a police squad kick in my door and ransack my place.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 12:44 AM
How does sending in the police help anyone? I'd rather be dead than have a police squad kick in my door and ransack my place.

Police are not allowed to kick in your door and ransack your place based on unsubstantiated evidence. You have a big misconception about Police powers to lawful and unlawful entry. This shouldn't be used as an excuse to do nothing while someone in our community threatens to end his life.

Phlegethon
06-27-2009, 12:50 AM
last time I checked you were living on a totally different continent. If police knock on your door nicely in your town this is nice for you. We are used to other treatment. And I would not open the box of Pandora on someone else just because of a frigging post on a webboard.

Beorn
06-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Ah, suicide. Brings back good memories.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 12:55 AM
last time I checked you were living on a totally different continent. If police knock on your door nicely in your town this is nice for you. We are used to other treatment. And I would not open the box of Pandora on someone else just because of a frigging post on a webboard.

How about you take a look under the laws of Finland about how and when Police are allowed to enter someone's dwelling. I will guarantee you, without even looking at the actual law itself, that Police are not allowed EVER to enter someone's house except upon Reasonable and Probable Grounds to believe an offense is being committed and/or exigent circumstances leading up to a detainment of the individual. And last time I checked, suicide is a criminal offense in which Police have every right to detain the individual and take him to the nearest medical establishment.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 12:56 AM

Then you as the owner of this board should be doing everything in your power to contact either individuals to make sure this doesn't come to pass ASAP.

Loki
06-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Then you as the owner of this board should be doing everything in your power to contact either individuals to make sure this doesn't come to pass ASAP.

I would if I could, but I don't have their phone numbers.

In any case, your concern is admirable VA. :) I hope if I decide to make a suicide post one day, I receive as much attention. :p But don't call the cops phuleeeze. :D

SwordoftheVistula
06-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Let's not get in another panic like the Suut thread a few months back

How about you take a look under the laws of Finland about how and when Police are allowed to enter someone's dwelling. I will guarantee you, without even looking at the actual law itself, that Police are not allowed EVER to enter someone's house except upon Reasonable and Probable Grounds to believe an offense is being committed and/or exigent circumstances leading up to a detainment of the individual. And last time I checked, suicide is a criminal offense in which Police have every right to detain the individual and take him to the nearest medical establishment.

Err...doesn't that mean they WOULD bust in his door if someone calls up in a panic "OMGZ THIS DUDE SUICIDEZ!!"

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Let's not get in another panic like the Suut thread a few months back

That thread was posted stating that SuuT IS dead. Why would you call the Police if you knew the Police themselves already know that someone is dead?

Err...doesn't that mean they WOULD bust in his door if someone calls up in a panic "OMGZ THIS DUDE SUICIDEZ!!"

No. They would only be justified in entering his house if he started screaming out at the Police that he was going to kill himself. That would constitute Exigent Circumstance. They have no right to enter someone's house based upon any complaint/ or concern.

The whole reason why the Police have been contacted has been purely out of concern and nothing more.

Phlegethon
06-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Because we all know that cops strictly adhere to the rules, and haven't made it a general rule to compensate for their inferiority complexes with uniforms, sirens and handguns, kicking in doors, beating bystanders with nightsticks, ransacking everything in their way...

Lady L
06-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Oh stop harping on VA, he did what he felt was right. I doubt the police are going to harass him, but only check on him.

And to the OP, I hope for you to find peace and happiness however you have to. I always go with the saying " Life is both beautiful and tragic " it rings true everyday. I myself have had plenty of ups and downs but I have never been so low that I wanted to die. Even in my downs I still don't want to die, and I'm sure even here on the TA I have said I never wanna die! :( So I can't truly understand where you are coming from but I can respect you. I truly hope you decide to stick around here and on earth. Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Because we all know that cops strictly adhere to the rules, and haven't made it a general rule to compensate for their inferiority complexes with uniforms, sirens and handguns, kicking in doors, beating bystanders with nightsticks, ransacking everything in their way...

Not all cops are as bad as you make it them out to be. Don't lump them all together. Despite what you think, there ARE cops out there who are actually TRYING to make a difference for their community.

Phlegethon
06-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Not here. And most likely not in Helsinki, either.

Loki
06-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Not here. And most likely not in Helsinki, either.

The British cops are usually nice, unless they're Pakis. Then they're arrogant.

Phlegethon
06-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Just look out, Kunta Kinte. Sometimes they just shoot you in a subway station because you look as if you're up to something. And then they get away with it, as usual.

Beorn
06-27-2009, 01:24 AM
The British cops are usually nice, unless they're Pakis. Then they're arrogant.

Women policemen are the worse. They shouldn't be in the police force anyway and they know it. They act like they are kings of the street when in fact they are merely eye candy for the males.

Loki
06-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Just look out, Kunta Kinte. Sometimes they just shoot you in a subway station because you look as if you're up to something. And then they get away with it, as usual.

Well to be fair anyone who wears a coat fit for the North Pole in the middle of summer should be suspected of something.

Phlegethon
06-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Of being cold?

Usually terrorists try extremely hard not to stick out, i.e. they wear the same clothes as everyone else and behave just like them. In those cases where they don't try they usually storm a place, weapons in each hand, hand grenade between their teeth, with all gun blazing.

The Lawspeaker
06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Of being cold?
In the heat of summer ?

Smaland
06-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Dear fellow Apricians;

As much as I love participating in this community, the utter misery, despair and hatred of my everyday life makes it impossible to go on.

I do not promise that I will end my life today, or tomorrow, or next week. But eventually I will.

Then I managed to put my life back together -- but only for a moment. Now that moment has passed and it's time for me to move on, into oblivion.

I don't know you, and I don't have any irresistible wisdom to pass on, although I wish I did. But I will pray for you. When I go to church, I will ask them to pray for you also.

Jamt
06-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Finnjävel. Håll dig nykter en vecka och så vidare. Tänk på Sally

Lady L
06-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Also notice he said not today, tomorrow, or next week. Maybe that's good.

And IMO, if I left a goodbye thread and it turned into this, I'd be even more prepared to end my life! ;):p

Gooding
06-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Exordium, I'm so sorry that things have gotten to this point for you. I have no platitudes to spew or nonsense to babble..you don't need to be patronized. May you find the peace you seek, alive or otherwise.

Kindly disregard that bullshit. My hormones were hibernating. What the fuck are you talking about, offing yourself??? Exordium, man, every day the sun rises is another chance! Grab every day with both hands, man! Fuck those assholes who make your life hell! Succeed and triumph despite those floating chunks of shit who hurt you! Don't turn your feelings inward! Conquer them! Laugh at them every day the sun rises and laugh again before you retire! Work to attain your goals and mock those who would thwart you!

Groenewolf
06-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Exordium,

As long as you live things can become better. And sometimes things will look extremly bad before they become better.

Brynhild
06-28-2009, 12:55 AM
I honestly don't know what to make of this. From you, Exordium, I wouldn't assume that this thread was a way of seeking attention. I would believe, though, that you're still somehow in two minds about what you really want to do and that you could be seeking help and advice.

I'm not going to hijack this thread about my hardships, because my life continues to be fraught with challenges. I'm not going to tell you what to do either, but I will suggest that you only have this life and you would want to use it well before you check out - because you can never return!

Take care, friend, and may the Gods hold you in their keeping.

Ulf
06-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Farewell, Exordium.

Vulpix
06-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Exordium,

It will pass. You will feel better again.

Tony
06-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Dear fellow Apricians;

At least you tasted life , think of those who never had a job , a woman or wife , neither a real life on their own nor a hope , and nonetheless still go on.
If I were you I would never leave this planet for free , before the likely suicide I'd for sure make suffer the people that made me suffer , if I really have to die , you have to die first , to make it short...
but that's my carachter and everyone has his own.

Women policemen are the worse. They shouldn't be in the police force anyway and they know it. They act like they are kings of the street when in fact they are merely eye candy for the males.
Women are just different and many times , when they don't try to imitate men , have a different approach to problems , I wouldn't feel secure by a 100% males police force.
I believe in the positive different contribution of males and females to the world , the problem is when one pretend to behave like someone else he/she ain't fit for i.e women imitating men (for instance on the battleground instead as military nurse) and viceversa.

Also notice he said not today, tomorrow, or next week. Maybe that's good.
Right , I think so too , if one is really determined to suicide then he likely will just do it without telling anyone.

Tabiti
06-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Only life can be lost entirely and forever (at least its terrestrial part), so think about that before taking decisions to stop it by your will.

Smaland
06-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Exordium,

Today, our prayer leader led the church congregation in prayer for you.

I will continue to pray for you.

Everyone's life is a Divine gift, please don't throw it away.

Absinthe
06-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Well hopefully next time I see you, you'll be feeling better. But I somehow feel that you will manage :) Maybe you need some vacations in the sun. :p

Police in Helsinki have been contacted. I hope he can be reached in time to get him the help he needs.
Have you really contacted the police? :eek: Sorry but I think that this plain rude and intrusive. :rolleyes2: I mean, even if someone does decide to kill himself, one still deserves one's privacy and respect for one's decision :mad:

So I really hope that you didn't. And anyways he is ok, we spoke earlier.

Angantyr
06-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Have you really contacted the police? :eek: Sorry but I think that this plain rude and intrusive. :rolleyes2: I mean, even if someone does decide to kill himself, one still deserves one's privacy and respect for one's decision :mad:

I respectfully disagree.

When someone publicly calls out in sadness and despair (as on a forum), he is not asking for privacy.

On the contrary, we have a duty to our kin to take appropriate actions (including calling the proper authorities, if warranted) and to show empathy and support. I think it is far more disrespectful and shameful to simply sit back and ignore.

Exordium, I am happy to read that you are okay. Absinthe, thank you for posting that he is okay. Moreover, you wisely chose not to keep that fact private.

Absinthe
06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Well I respectfully disagree as well and maybe this is the part where I should say that a suicide threat is not treated the same in Finland as it is viewed in the U.S.A. or Canada, if you know what I mean. ;)

And anyway, my point was, that I would consider it to be a vast violation of privacy if someone uses my personal info to contact the authorities, even if for my own good.

By joining any forum, I trust the administrators to keep my private information, private. Not to say that private information was disclosed by the admins in this case, because I believe that VA obtained the information via some other source.

And for the record I don't consider this post as a cry for help as in "call the police" but rather as in "I need to take some load off my chest".

Bridie
06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Life is painful at times. Sometimes it's such a comfort to think of taking the easy way out... but if you do, you will just be making life more painful for those people who love you and who will be effected by your death.

Self-indulgence can be such a destructive force.

Æmeric
06-29-2009, 01:19 AM

VA is training for a carrer in lawenforcement, he is suppose to help prevent suicide if he is aware of these situations.

I think if someone really wants to kill themselves they will not tell others. Telling others of your plans or desire to end your own life is a request (even if only subconsciously) for an intervention.

Angantyr
06-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Well I respectfully disagree as well and maybe this is the part where I should say that a suicide threat is not treated the same in Finland as it is viewed in the U.S.A. or Canada, if you know what I mean. ;)

And anyway, my point was, that I would consider it to be a vast violation of privacy if someone uses my personal info to contact the authorities, even if for my own good.

By joining any forum, I trust the administrators to keep my private information, private. Not to say that private information was disclosed by the admins in this case, because I believe that VA obtained the information via some other source.

And for the record I don't consider this post as a cry for help as in "call the police" but rather as in "I need to take some load off my chest".

From a legal standpoint, Exordium waived his right to privacy the moment he posted on this public board of his suicidal feelings.

More importantly, had Exordium actually committed suicide and we failed to act, you would not feel so justified in your position of indignation over privacy.

Absinthe, if I ever thought that you or any other of my kin were in imminent danger, I would use all means at my disposal to assist. You have my respect, my concern and my support, even if you think it is a violation of your privacy. :)

lei.talk
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I do not promise that I will end my life today...
But eventually I will.during the early eighties,
many of my friends of the lavender persuasion
(rather than endure the indignities of "the gay cancer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga%C3%ABtan_Dugas)")
departed by their own devices.

a few years later,
confronted by the inexorable debilitations of g.r.i.d (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-related_immune_deficiency) -
many more chose an exit
with some dignitas
(a blatant reference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignitas_(euthanasia_group))).

one of my heroes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Heyerdahl),
when diagnosed with a brain-cancer,
refused all food for a month - rather than offer pointless resistance.

of course, this was burdensome
to those around him.

we discovered, too late,
that my maternal grand-father
(confronted with infirmities)
sold his live-stock, arranged his affairs
and sat in his favorite chair
on the veranda over-looking his fields,

while he dehydrated over three days and nights.

by appointment, the mortician found him
two days after that, removed him
and notified us.

my plan is nearly as simple
and requires even less clean-up.

do you plan a shocking mess
at your brain-surgeon's office?

a moderate inconvenience for your land-lord
and emergency personnel?

or a disappearance:
a return to nature in the forest -
via insulin - never to be found?

Vulpix
06-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Thread closed. Refer to the new thread My apologies to all (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5774).