PDA

View Full Version : Olympic men's Volleyball

xajapa
08-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I watched a spirited match between the USA and Russia yesterday. The Americans were at match point, up two games to zero, but the Russians battled back to win the match 3-2. As I understand it, both teams have 3 wins and 1 loss in the tournament. Brazil, Poland, Bulgaria and ital are also 3 and 1. It should be very interesting to see who wins gold. By the way, it seems the Slavic nations do quite well at men's volleyball.

Corvus
08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I watched a spirited match between the USA and Russia yesterday. The Americans were at match point, up two games to zero, but the Russians battled back to win the match 3-2. As I understand it, both teams have 3 wins and 1 loss in the tournament. Brazil, Poland, Bulgaria and ital are also 3 and 1. It should be very interesting to see who wins gold. By the way, it seems the Slavic nations do quite well at men's volleyball.

Slavic nations do well in almost all sports

xajapa
08-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Slavic nations do well in almost all sports
True. Lots of good hockey, basketball and soccer players.

xajapa
08-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Men's games resume today. There aren't any really intriguing matches; mostly good teams against bad teams. However, I think the fight for the gold medal will be hotly contested.

xajapa
08-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Tomorrow Poland meets Russia, Germany meets Bulgaria, The US meets Italy and Argentina takes on Brazil.

xajapa
08-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Italy beat the U.S. They will play Brazil, who beat Argentina. The other semi-final will consist of Russia, who bested Poland, playing Bulgaria, who defeated Germany.

xajapa
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
The finals are set. It will be #1 seed Brazil versus #2 seed Russia.