PDA

View Full Version : Obsession with diversity in the corporate world

Kempenzoon
06-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Today I was at the headquarters of the National Railroad Infrastructure Corporation, for an info session about a job I applied with.

I already knew in advance the company was obsessed with diversity, but today I really had to try my best not to burst out laughing or shout in disgust.

Their workforce is currently 85% white men. Half of those are older than 55.

They showed a video which was supposed to show a 'representative image' of the company. It focused on a couple of people doing the job I applied for. A pregnant girl, a negro, a Middle Eastern girl, and one young white guy who was typecast as "the nerd" pretty much. The middle eastern girl was given the leading role as the speaker.

Someone please tell me how this is in any way, shape or form representative?

This kind of idealised vision of a multicultural workfloor just bothers me. A lot. I used to work in the summers during college in a car manufacturing plant. They employed lots of towelheads, so they could claim to the government they were all about equal opportunities.

I can't even count the number of times that these sandnegroes went on spontaneous strikes because of random crap that went against their Shariah morality... "Oh noez! The company cafetaria serves ham and cheese sandwishes! Haraam! Allahu Akhbar! We stop working!" (I may exaggerate the exact wording on their demands for dramatic effect, but they actually did go on strike because in the cafetaria, which served 10 choices of different sandwiches, one of the choices contained ham)

Are these companies digging their own graves by wanting workfloor diversity? Do you believe these racial and/or cultural struggles on the workfloor contributed in part to the current negative view that corporations have about their plants in Europe?

Útrám
06-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I see this everywhere as well. IMO They are merely pandering to the interests of the masses, if the multitude didn't care about diversity then the little black and Chinese kid wouldn't be in those Mcdonald's adverts.

Birka
06-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I work for a very large international corporation. During the 90's, they went head over heels with the diversity sickness. We took whole days to have meeting to have diversity forced down our throats. We gave benefits to gay partners of employees over a decade ago. We are always getting emails with diversity messages. If I would ever take the time to read our official publications with pictures of employees doing their various jobs, it would have 1 white male and then every ethnicity you could imagine, and way more women than men. In reality, the company is mostly white males, followed by white females, but our brochures rarely show a picture of a white worker.

I think Jesse Jackson must have the final say on the look of our official brochures.

How fake, how sad.

Manifest Destiny
07-06-2009, 02:12 AM
I see this everywhere as well. IMO They are merely pandering to the interests of the masses, if the multitude didn't care about diversity then the little black and Chinese kid wouldn't be in those Mcdonald's adverts.

I get the impression that the masses really DON'T care about diversity. I think that many who oppose diversity or simply don't care one way or the other keep their mouths shut to avoid be labeled "racist".

SwordoftheVistula
07-07-2009, 05:46 AM
I get the impression that the masses really DON'T care about diversity. I think that many who oppose diversity or simply don't care one way or the other keep their mouths shut to avoid be labeled "racist".

That's about it: most whites no longer will refuse to patronize a company which include blacks and other races in its advertisements, whereas they can draw in more business from blacks and other races in the advertisements, while fulfilling the 'social values' of those who work on creating the advertisements.