PDA

View Full Version : * SPORT is CRAP *

Ouistreham
08-06-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.le-gouter.com/blog/images/images-gouter/le_sport.jpg

Opium for the masses, no thanks!

While the whole economic system (as well as our civilisation model as the whole) is on the verge of collapse, we are being force fed by the MSM with pointless contests like indoor cycling and other inept pastimes we'd never heard of so far (and rightly so).

Le Sport c'est de la MERDE !

Ang6yXwIGTQ

Albion
08-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, we know. It's a nice distraction for a few weeks from how fucked we all are though.

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Yap. Just be more clever than the majority of the population and don't allow yourself to be distracted. I just couldn't care less about what's going on in London atm.

Albion
08-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Yap. Just be more clever than the majority of the population and don't allow yourself to be distracted. I just couldn't care less about what's going on in London atm.

Oh, I don't care about that. I actually like the sense of patriotism, even if all the Africans really do piss me off.
The crisis isn't going to be forgotten, but a few weeks of celebration is good for the soul.

Jedthehumanoid
08-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Pointless contests like indoor cycling.....and outdoor cycling;)

Heart of Oak
08-09-2012, 09:28 AM
I hate it, even if we are 2,654 on the leaders board, I dont care, really I know that the one rarely gets heard, but just once, if there is a god, put Eastenders back on BBC1 so I dont have to keep retuning the TV, or better still dont bother,
give it a channel all of its own, so those that want to watch it can.

Bobcat Fraser
08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Pointless contests like indoor cycling.....and outdoor cycling;)

Great Britain owned the cycling contests. Those are real competitions. They seem a bit more athletic than family reunion games like badminton and ping pong. It's the Olympics; anything can be a sport.

Jedthehumanoid
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Great Britain owned the cycling contests. Those are real competitions. They seem a bit more athletic than family reunion games like badminton and ping pong. It's the Olympics; anything can be a sport.

Just a little dig at the French matey....how dare they complain about us winning indoor and outdoor cycling in a sport that they used to be good at;)

Bobcat Fraser
08-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Just a little dig at the French matey....how dare they complain about us winning indoor and outdoor cycling in a sport that they used to be good at;)

Our boxing team feels their pain. It's probably time to make MMA an Olympic sport.

iNird
08-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Well the same can be said for other forms of entertainment including music, books (well fictional books), video games, etc.

arcticwolf
08-10-2012, 02:54 AM
I couldn't care less about sports.

Exercising to be healthy has a worthy purpose, watching sports and getting emotional about it, that is just silly.

Mago
08-10-2012, 04:05 AM
If it was up to me sport and entertainment figures wouldn't make nearly as much money as they make. It is retarded and an abomination to the every day man. Ok decent money doesn't bother me but not the millions upon millions they make.
The olympics? more like a G8 power show than actual sportsmanship between nations. Third world nations could never compete against the power nations, yes they might win a gold here and silver there but insignificant really.

Defiance
08-10-2012, 04:14 AM
*Personally I AGREE. I really DON'T see the POINT.*

Bobcat Fraser
08-10-2012, 04:29 AM
I couldn't care less about sports.

Exercising to be healthy has a worthy purpose, watching sports and getting emotional about it, that is just silly.

All things in moderation. I was into baseball and boxing in the past, but I rarely watch a game or a match these days. To a certain extent, football replaced the former, and mixed martial arts replaced the latter. Another thing to consider is that we have too many couch potatoes here, so that backs up what you said regarding enthusiastic spectators.

Jon Snow
08-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Playing sports is a wonderful past-time. The development of physical fitness as well as a cooperative mentality, along with learning to strive for victory and how to accept defeat are all positive aspects of sports participation.

Watching televised sports is not always an automatic a waste of time, but generally, yes: there are much better things that said time could be used for.

Venerating sportsmen as some kind of otherworldly beings is where things start to get a little bizarre and unhealthy. In my book, this behavior is lacking in proper perspective to say the very least, but it is at least understandable in the context of an Olympic event (for example) to take pride in the accomplishments of one's fellow countryman. Having said that, the deification of racial others because they can run fast or kick/catch a ball is nothing short of pathetic.