PDA

View Full Version : Should job centres be refitted?

Beorn
06-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Should Job centres be refitted to cater towards the comfortability of their customers?

A toilet should be provided for those who have just been in the pub and have broken the seal, and let's not forget about the single mothers who have two or three children with them as they sign on who need to change nappies and clothes as per accidents when they occur.

I have also noticed during the hotter parts of the year, the Job centres are stiflingly hot and lack any access for fresh air. I reckon the job centres should be kitted out with state of the art air conditioning units to help cool us welfare collectors down as we fill out forms and talk to each other.

There was this one benefits office which had televisions for the comfort of their customers as they waited for upto 8 hours for a benefit claim, should job centres have televisions to help pass the unecessary waiting periods for their customers?

I don't know. So much money to be spent and so many ideas. What do you all think?

The Lawspeaker
06-27-2009, 03:59 PM
*Sarcasm alert *

No. Toilets and perhaps a tap for water (and open windows in this hot season) will do.
But there will be an enormous rise in unemployment and as such there will be less money to go round and less money to spend on all kinds of "luxurious improvements".

Lars
06-27-2009, 04:02 PM
*sarcasm alert*

Treffie
06-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Should Job centres be refitted to cater towards the comfortability of their customers?

A toilet should be provided for those who have just been in the pub and have broken the seal, and let's not forget about the single mothers who have two or three children with them as they sign on who need to change nappies and clothes as per accidents when they occur.

I have also noticed during the hotter parts of the year, the Job centres are stiflingly hot and lack any access for fresh air. I reckon the job centres should be kitted out with state of the art air conditioning units to help cool us welfare collectors down as we fill out forms and talk to each other.

There was this one benefits office which had televisions for the comfort of their customers as they waited for upto 8 hours for a benefit claim, should job centres have televisions to help pass the unecessary waiting periods for their customers?

I don't know. So much money to be spent and so many ideas. What do you all think?

A bar perhaps? ;)

Lars
06-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Free fast food and tabloid papers.

Beorn
06-27-2009, 04:13 PM
A bar perhaps? ;)

A bar would create jobs. This is getting somewhere. :thumbs up

Job centres could install drinks machines which would need someone to collect the revenue and replace stock each week. Again, a job has been created.

Free fast food and tabloid papers.

People on welfare can already afford those without having to resort to handouts, thank you very much.

SwordoftheVistula
06-28-2009, 07:16 AM
The office could recoup most of its money by just selling drugs

Útrám
06-28-2009, 07:28 AM
"Going postal" should be a legal activity in all job agencies around the globe. The fact that there exists public offices which pay people to glance through the job vacancies advertised in the local paper is a joke.

Fortis in Arduis
06-28-2009, 10:36 AM
The JobCentre in Fulham is quite pleasant, but I do not have to go there, because I receive the holy grail of all benefits - Long-Term Incapacity Benefit and (middle rate) Disability Living Allowance. :)

I also have my rent of £355=00 per week (yes, that is £355=00 per week, darlings) paid for with Local Housing Allowance, and I also get the £15=00 per week top up from that too... :D

So, I would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody in Britain for supporting my life of idle luxury in London's finest district. :coffee:

http://www.alovelyworld.com/webgb/gimage/gb11.jpg

'This street was always beloved to the artists and to the writers, and at the end of the 19th century, it acquired a reputation of Bohemian, including Whistler, Rossetti and Oscar Wilde among its inhabitants. Elegant residences border the streets and the public gardens.'

'A large Beautiful and Populous Town in which lived many Honourable Worthy Inhabitants, being not more remarkable for their Titles, Estates, Employments, or Abilities, than for their Extraordinary Civility, and Condescension, and their kind and facetious tempers, living in perfect Amity among themselves.'

- John Bowack, Antiquities of Middlesex 1705

So, have a nice day, and do not work too hard. :wink

Beorn
06-28-2009, 11:55 AM
The JobCentre in Fulham is quite pleasant, but I do not have to go there, because I receive the holy grail of all benefits - Long-Term Incapacity Benefit and (middle rate) Disability Living Allowance. :)

I am trying to get on to incapacity benefits myself. I'm wondering whether to go for the asthma excuse or the "I'm overweight and have a drink problem" excuse.

Why not both?

Jamt
06-28-2009, 06:11 PM
A toilet and fresh air is not to much anyweare I think. Fortis, that is some good stuff you have. I do not think there is anything remotly like that, longterm, for anybody in poor Sweden.