PDA

View Full Version : The newspaper "Srpske Novine"

Archduke
08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
The Serbian newspaper "Srpske Novine" for the Bulgarian population

According to Cyprian Robert,1 the Bulgarians occupy a large part of European Turkey, and number four and a half million people. They spread throughout Thrace, Rumelia and Macedonia up to Morea, so that, in these lands, the greater part of the villages are inhabited by Bulgarians and the towns — by Greeks; whereas the latter have a strong inclination for trade, the Bulgarians prefer agriculture. In Salonica, the principal Macedonian city, where Bulgarian and Greek are equally spoken, the situation is also much the same.

Newspaper Srpske Novine, Belgrade, No. 2, Jan. 8, 1846; the original is in Serbo-Croat

Cyprian Robert (1807 - after 1857), French slavicist, auth'or of works on the Southern Slavs

The same newspaper for the unrest in Western Bulgaria and Macedonia

The struggle of Serbia at the beginning of this century and the haiduts’ struggle against the spahis evoked a very weak response in Bulgaria... It was only in 1821, after the Greek revolution, that a great number of Bulgarian haiduts suddenly appeared in Macedonia and penetrated as far as the Peloponnese. From that time on, the number of the haiduts increased, and after the Russo-Turkish war there was a secret agreement among them which was betrayed by a newly accepted member and was drowned in blood.

Sultan Mahmud's death and the prophesies which spread through the Turkish Empire during the 'forties1 of the 18th century, provoked considerable activity in Bulgaria, Rumelia and Macedonia - i.e. wherever Bulgarians lived. The uprisings in Candia and Thessaly caused both the Bulgarians and the Turks in the towns to start arming themselves; in 1838 the previously dissolved conspiracy was revived; enormous masses of people rose up, and all of a sudden the Porte found itself cut off from the Danube and from the towns which had seceded in the north. The movement was headed by a haidut by the name of Miloe2, who had already fought under Kara Georgi, and Gavra, who was said to be a priest. Mihail convened the Council and a decision was taken, in defiance of the obvious will of the people, to maintain strict neutrality. All Serbs were forbidden to participate in the Bulgarian uprising, troops were stationed along the border and all communications with the Bulgarians were cut This saved the Turks, who set fire to 150 villages between Nis and Sofia and, after a number of battles, managed to disperse the main forces of the poorly armed insurgents. Mortally wounded, Miloe committed suicide and the haiduts, without their leader, began to disperse; and those most dedicated to the cause fled to Macedonia, where they joined the klephts.

Newspaper Srpske Narodne Novine, Budapest, No. 27, April 6, 1844; the original is in Serbo-Croat

1 This refers to the Nis Uprising (1841)
2 Miloe Ivanovic, one of the leaders of the rebel peasants in the district of Nis

PS Thanks Serbs, i always knew that you like us.

~Nik~
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I see you have found the english translation of the Cyprien Robert's works, can you provide the source (link) ?

Archduke
08-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I see you have found the english translation of the Cyprien Robert's works, can you provide the source (link) ?

I found only these quotes, not all works.

Novi Pazar
08-09-2012, 09:05 AM
O.k Armani LMAO just wait till l post a new thread in the Macedonia forum called:

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE NAME BULGAR! It will explain everything why the name Bulgar spread amoungst the peasant population and why Dalmatian slavs were singing songs dedicated to Bulgars during BAD HARVESTS (crops)

Just wait LMAO

Archduke
08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
O.k Armani LMAO just wait till l post a new thread in the Macedonia forum called:

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE NAME BULGAR! It will explain everything why the name Bulgar spread amoungst the peasant population and why Dalmatian slavs were signing songs dedicated to Bulgars during BAD HARVESTS (crops)

Just wait LMAO

That's for the Bulgarian forum you troll.

Novi Pazar
08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I also wonder whether this writer traveled with silly uneducated Albanian guides :rolleyes2:

Novi Pazar
08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
That's for the Bulgarian forum you troll.

No, no, no my bulgar friend its for all serbs/macedonians/croats/bosnians etc...You will see LMAO

morski
08-09-2012, 09:10 AM

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE NAME BULGAR! It will explain everything why the name Bulgar spread amoungst the peasant population and why Dalmatian slavs were signing songs dedicated to Bulgars during BAD HARVESTS (crops)

Just wait LMAO

Better explain this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugar%C5%A1tica

Archduke
08-09-2012, 09:11 AM
No, no, no my bulgar friend its for all serbs/macedonians/croats/bosnians etc...You will see LMAO

there is no forum yugoslavia here. sorry.

Pissed off, the Serb is pissed off.

Novi Pazar
08-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Everyone will see who and what the Bulgar is, don't worry my Bulgar friends, the end times are near LMAO

PS Morski, yes, the Bugaristice will be included in my topic :D

Novi Pazar
08-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Armani, just a quick question, are you a Banat Bulgar from eastern serbia? I see your a catholic?

Archduke
08-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Armani, just a quick question, are you a Banat Bulgar from eastern serbia? I see your a catholic?

No, i live in Bulgaria, my origins are from Vardar Macedonia and Eastern Thrace, however i can't explain why im Catholic, all my ancestors were Catholic, except my great grandmother from Vardar Macedonia.

I know that there were Ragusan tradespeople which settled in Eastern Thrace, they were Catholic.

Methmatician
08-09-2012, 09:53 AM
No, i live in Bulgaria, my origins are from Vardar Macedonia and Eastern Thrace, however i can't explain why im Catholic, all my ancestors were Catholic, except my great grandmother from Vardar Macedonia.

I know that there were Ragusan tradespeople which settled in Eastern Thrace, they were Catholic.

Does your surname end in -ич?

Archduke
08-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Does your surname end in -ич?

No.

~Nik~
08-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Also from the Cyprien Robert's reports, there were in Albania : Bulgarians, Vlachs and Catholic Serbs who were not Albanians but called themselves in the name of Illyrians, amusing ?

Novi Pazar
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
^ Nik, just wait for the topic l will post *Significance of the term Bulgar* ;)

Why is Tuan Belanda high fiving the Bulgars? Doesn't make any sense at all? I also will invite Tuan to the topic as well :D