PDA

View Full Version : Are you content with your country being in EU?

Alenka
08-09-2012, 04:02 AM
For those whose country is in EU:
Are you content with your country being in EU or would you rather see it withdraw out?

For those whose country isnt in EU:
Would you currently prefer your country to join the EU or would you oppose it?

Why yes/why not? Explain.

Stefan
08-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Well it wouldn't make sense for the U.S to join the EU as it's not a European country. If there was something akin to the EU with wider parameters, I would not want it. It would just increase the effects of globalization.

Siberyak
08-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Well it wouldn't make sense for the U.S to join the EU as it's not a European country. If there was something akin to the EU with wider parameters, I would not want it. It would just increase the effects of globalization.

:confused:

Stefan
08-09-2012, 06:04 AM
confused

Which part? The U.S isn't in Europe and therefore doesn't share the same geopolitical properties, problems, etc.

Graham
08-09-2012, 06:14 AM
An intrusive European Court of Human Rights & European Court of Justice. Undemocratic, centralised & a failing Eurozone. A forced United States of Europe open to corruption. Open borders for migrants to exploit loop holes.

Who voted for Herman Van Rompuy?

Kemalisté
08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
No.

Übermensch
08-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Absolutely no.

Leliana
08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
No, not at all! It's a burden! :stop00010:

Absinthe
08-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I had a negative feeling about the general notion of the EU from the very beginning. Now that it's falling apart, I guess my hunch was right.

Pallantides
08-09-2012, 02:55 PM
My country is not a member of EU and I'd be very much against us joining it.

Übermensch
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
No, not at all! It's a burden! :stop00010:

yeah, you have to spend money to save economy of states like Greece,Portougal and even Spain and Italy...

Barbarossa
08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm not satisfied with the fact that Slovenia is in EU. In general, I'm aware of fact that some sort of European connection it is neccesary, at leat on economic level due to fact that it is not easy to compete with China, Russia and USA. I also agree that some kind of political connection is neccesity, in order to prevent another war in Europe which would end in catastrophe. However, EU as it is today, with all liberal propaganda, and since is away from its roots it is just a catastrophe leading to loose of our cultural identity.

Arbėrori
08-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Most Slovenians I know are very uncontent with the EU & deeply
miss the tolar's, lol; I also noticed that people used to be much
more easygoing & care-free before the EU aswell.

As for Kosovo/Albania, some kind of alliance with Europe is needed
and established, but no, I would not like to see them in the EU.

Pretan
08-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Like most of my compatriots i'm extremely against it. Those who signed the treaty weakening our parliments power should be tried for treason.

Graus
08-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Love it! Its great, we are basically the paymasters of this damn fine Union, we are more than happy to provide for those countries less fortunate than us and take their rightful critism, regardless of whether its a opion voiced in foreign media or just a jobless racal burning our flag, to heart. And all those great laws coming from Brussels, helping us combat discrimination and free... I mean hate speech diminishing the influence of our parliaments on our very own affairs, which is totally fine with me btw since I trust a Greek member of the parliarment has my interests at least as much at heart as a German member would. So seriously, whats not to like about the union?

Albion
08-16-2012, 09:42 PM
We should leave the EU and join the EFTA - an organisation we helped set up but latter left and which is just a simple trade pact.
We joined the EU to trade with Europe, not to have the European Parliament rewriting our laws for us whilst helping itself to our money at the same time. :mad:

Adrian
08-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kosovo said today that Kosovo needs another 10 years to become a member of the EU. It is very disappointing statement for an ordinary citizen of Kosovo, because the latest opinion poll showed that about 74% of them are for the integration of Kosovo in the EU.

IMO, this delay from bureaucracy of EU is welcomed. We will have enough time in disposition to understand the positive and negative sides of the EU.

Arbėrori
08-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kosovo said today that Kosovo needs another 10 years to become a member of the EU. It is very disappointing statement for an ordinary citizen of Kosovo, because the latest opinion poll showed that about 74% of them are for the integration of Kosovo in the EU.

IMO, this delay from bureaucracy of EU is welcomed. We will have enough time in disposition to understand the positive and negative sides of the EU.

10 years? Amen vellacko!:thumb001:

Adrian
08-16-2012, 10:22 PM
10 years? Amen vellacko!:thumb001:

Yep

http://www.telegrafi.com/lajme/edhe-10-vjet-nuk-ka-be-2-24412.html

Hussar
08-16-2012, 10:53 PM
We should leave the EU and join the EFTA - an organisation we helped set up but latter left and which is just a simple trade pact.
We joined the EU to trade with Europe, not to have the European Parliament rewriting our laws for us whilst helping itself to our money at the same time. :mad:

Sorry if i'm so direct but.......the fact of EU being a political construction (and not only economical) was clear from the very beginning.

Like most of your countrymen, you tend to see EU as "guilty" and forget the idiocy of England (to join the union).

Pretan
08-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry if i'm so direct but.......the fact of EU being a political construction (and not only economical) was clear from the very beginning.

:picard1:
No it wasn't, it wasn't even called the EU until the Maastricht treaty.(1992)

It started as a trade agreement which then forced political union.

Albion
08-16-2012, 11:14 PM

Like most of your countrymen, you tend to see EU as "guilty" and forget the idiocy of England (to join the union).

But the main motivation was trade and we see an almost constant increase of EU powers over member states. Our joining of it was before my time, but it was largely sold to the public as a trade agreement with politics seen only playing a minor role.
It's clear that the EU at the moment is going too far in controlling the affairs of member states. Those that voted for EU membership seem to regret it now as they've watched its effects on the country.

The EU is "guilty" of infringing too much upon the sovereignty of member states. Britain joined at the time because it was desperate to build stronger trade ties to the continent and I think this was in the minds of those that voted for it.
So it's not so much idiocy, rather an ill-informed decision that came back to haunt us. Saying that England voted for it isn't good enough, you must consider why Britain voted to join and what it signed up to at the time. There has been massive alterations to the organisation since then that must be taken into account.

askra
08-17-2012, 12:43 AM
My opinions towards European Union are often contradictory, at the moment i have negative feeling towards it, because it is clearly damaging the economy of the place where i live.
The European Union policy is very intrusive and not neutral, for example here in Sardinia the electricity and the transportation costs are 3 times higher than in the continental europe, so my region gave discounts on the electric bills to siderurgic and metallurgic industries to be competitive, but EU considered it a violation of free-market principles, so now we have dozens of factories that risk the bankrupt, and ten thousands of unemployed people, the same happened when my region financed some low cost air companies, as Ryanair, to improve the mobility and attract more tourists, it was considered illegal by EU, so we had a decrease of 300thousands visitors last year, also tax the owners of the yachts that pollute the sea was considered illegitimate, if farmers produce too much milk or cultivate cucumbers few centimenters longer than the standards established by the European Eunion are fined.
EU has even rejected regional laws passed 30 years ago or more, when EU didn't exist.
We can't elect freely our representatives in the European Parliament, because Sardinia belongs to the same electoral district of Sicily, called Insular Italy, but Sicilians are 3 times more numerous than sardinians so it means that at European Union Parliament are elected always sicilians, we have had only 3 european parliamentarians in history.

poiuytrewq0987
08-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes, as the economical benefits to my country has been quite good being part of the EU. Bulgaria is on track to becoming a middle income country in 2020 and it's all because of the eased trade restrictions in the EU though I am against adopting the Euro. Poorer countries can't follow German economic model it's just impossible unless Germany is willing to subsidize our working wages... which is not going to happen, ever, nor do I want them to.

Macedonia's economy is heavily export-based... and being in the EU would provide a huge boost to its economy. But mainly Macedonia is desperate to join the EU so to prevent another war from breaking out (Albanians are following the NATO/EU carrot and if there is no carrot... means another war). Macedonia's credit rating would also get a boost enabling it to get lower interest on loans and easier access to such. Macedonians would also be able to go to Western European countries for work easier and use the money to help develop Macedonia faster so to become less dependent on Western help for economic development.

poiuytrewq0987
08-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I thank God for that.

You must cry every time Bo play for Macedonia then? :D My cousin has actually met him in a bar once. :P

The Lawspeaker
08-17-2012, 02:36 PM
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/international/burning-EU-flag.jpg

No. It's a bloody burden and the sooner we're out the better !
We should join the EFTA instead.

poiuytrewq0987
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
No. It's a bloody burden. The sooner we're out the better !

Blame the crappy politicians who let their country get so deep in debt. They should have copied Bulgaria and practiced fiscal discipline. But I think everyone was pretty much on the Eurozone heroin and kept taking the drug (loans) until their economies imploded...

Midori
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
You must cry every time Bo play for Macedonia then? :D My cousin has actually met him in a bar once. :P

He doesn't live in Macedonia I think.

poiuytrewq0987
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
He doesn't live in Macedonia I think.

Indeed, he is living in Turkey, on a fat salary of $2 million with a Turkish club. ;)

Sultan Suleiman
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I just hope that Leliana will take the mantle of German Geert Wilders and keep us Muzzies away from Europe and her new Somali-Nigerian niglet Europeans :thumb001:

el22
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes, as the economical benefits to my country has been quite good being part of the EU. Bulgaria is on track to becoming a middle income country in 2020 and it's all because of the eased trade restrictions in the EU though I am against adopting the Euro. Poorer countries can't follow German economic model it's just impossible unless Germany is willing to subsidize our working wages... which is not going to happen, ever, nor do I want them to.

Macedonia's economy is heavily export-based... and being in the EU would provide a huge boost to its economy. But mainly Macedonia is desperate to join the EU so to prevent another war from breaking out (Albanians are following the NATO/EU carrot and if there is no carrot... means another war). Macedonia's credit rating would also get a boost enabling it to get lower interest on loans and easier access to such. Macedonians would also be able to go to Western European countries for work easier and use the money to help develop Macedonia faster so to become less dependent on Western help for economic development.

I don't think carrot-based-diet is a healthy thing for us. And no, there would be no war even without the carrot.

Actually, I think the political class would be forced to address local problems using local resources. A much more healthy thing to evolve a society.

Archduke
08-17-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't understand why Greek votes are negative. :confused:

The EU is not guilty for your current position.

You Greeks thought that you will swallow always money from the EU? Nah.

Barbarossa
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Most Slovenians I know are very uncontent with the EU & deeply
miss the tolar's, lol; I also noticed that people used to be much
more easygoing & care-free before the EU aswell.

As for Kosovo/Albania, some kind of alliance with Europe is needed
and established, but no, I would not like to see them in the EU.

For me currency it is not a main issuse. Euro has its bad sides like inflation, but also have its good sides, since it is currency used in most european countries and this make much simplier to travel. Secondly, schengen it is also not that bad, as long it is for traveling only. Idea that one citizen of any European country can fully migrate to another and has political rights, it is not something I agree with.

Europe need connection on fiscal and foreing affairs level for very simple reasons. European countries are too small to manage competion against great forces like USA, Russia or China. I think that European Unity must be donne in decentralised way in without endangering suverenity of nation-states. Another good thing that EU has it is that is for now best guarante for peace in Europe, since if another war happens European countries would for a long time lost their power and influence in the world affairs.

I'm also in favour of more local connection in central Europe, some kind of Danube federation like Otto Von Habsburg suggested, since central European states are still much of a conservative and traditional and this union would not only defend states and nations but also tradition ideals in Europe.

Dacul
08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I am happy,cause EU is more than money and good level of life is about having people of european ancestry in same structure.

But we should have more serious laws about South America countries - they should not able to enter EU easy ,same with people from Israel.
Only people from US and Canada should be able to come easy in European Union,add to that Russia,Ukraine,Belarus.

Albion
08-17-2012, 09:53 PM
My opinions towards European Union are often contradictory, at the moment i have negative feeling towards it, because it is clearly damaging the economy of the place where i live.
The European Union policy is very intrusive and not neutral, for example here in Sardinia the electricity and the transportation costs are 3 times higher than in the continental europe, so my region gave discounts on the electric bills to siderurgic and metallurgic industries to be competitive, but EU considered it a violation of free-market principles, so now we have dozens of factories that risk the bankrupt, and ten thousands of unemployed people, the same happened when my region financed some low cost air companies, as Ryanair, to improve the mobility and attract more tourists, it was considered illegal by EU, so we had a decrease of 300thousands visitors last year, also tax the owners of the yachts that pollute the sea was considered illegitimate, if farmers produce too much milk or cultivate cucumbers few centimenters longer than the standards established by the European Eunion are fined.

This is way countries should be against free market capitalism and should protect their strategic industries.

I'm also in favour of more local connection in central Europe, some kind of Danube federation like Otto Von Habsburg suggested, since central European states are still much of a conservative and traditional and this union would not only defend states and nations but also tradition ideals in Europe.

Regional trade blocs is actually a very good idea, they mustn't follow the example set by the EU though.

Anusiya
08-17-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't understand why Greek votes are negative. :confused:

The EU is not guilty for your current position.

You Greeks thought that you will swallow always money from the EU? Nah.

:(I didn't swallow any money. The Defence Ministry and a couple of big time businessmen did.

Now that I am thinking of it, perhaps I should have.

I am happy,cause EU is more than money and good level of life is about having people of european ancestry in same structure.

But we should have more serious laws about South America countries - they should not able to enter EU easy ,same with people from Israel.
Only people from US and Canada should be able to come easy in European Union,add to that Russia,Ukraine,Belarus.

Russia? In Europe? No thanks.

Xenomorph
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't make any sense geographically. Then again, since we have such a large debt, maybe we joined, we could get Germany to pay for our stuff, too. Of course, alot of our debt belongs to China, so maybe China could join the EU as well, so as to facilitate a smoother transfer of funds. Of course, China has increasing business interests in African countries as well, so maybe a few of them could come along as well so that the EU could set up business ventures there to help pay off the debts of Greece, Spain, and Italy. Also, according to alot of people here, many of the problems we see today are the fault of the Jews, so we should probably bring in some anti-Semitic countries like Iran. Then again, if Israel became part of the EU, they might have more of a stake in its survival, and might cut out some of their shenanigans. Also, the Caucasian countries, Turkey, and North Africa all qualify for Eurovision, so that get to join too, as well as all other European countries that currently aren't members, including Russia. Throw in the Commonwealth countries as well. Hell, let's just put the whole Anglosphere and all former European colonies in there. Wouldn't an EU with Pakistan and Uganda be so much fun?

Remember, all of this is being paid for by China, Germany, and heavily exploitative sub-Saharan businesses.

Switzerland of course will have nothing to do with this.

Midori
08-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Russia? In Europe? No thanks.

It's not like Russians want to be part of your shitty union

Albion
08-19-2012, 05:28 PM
It's not like Russians want to be part of your shitty union

No, they're working towards their own shittier union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Union) instead. Kazakhstan? Belarus? Oh please. :picard1:

Midori
08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
No, they're working towards their own shittier union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Union) instead. Kazakhstan? Belarus? Oh please. :picard1:

Nothing wrong with Belarus and Kazakhstan.

Still better than the EU.

Sultan Suleiman
08-19-2012, 05:31 PM

Certainly better union than with New Somalia, Northern Maghreb and Islamic Republic of Londonistan :thumb001:

Albion
08-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Nothing wrong with Belarus and Kazakhstan.

Still better than the EU.

But what's right with them?

Certainly better union than with New Somalia, Northern Maghreb and Islamic Republic of Londonistan

No need to bring Bosnia into this.

Sultan Suleiman
08-19-2012, 05:35 PM
No need to bring Bosnia into this.

You can keep your niggers, your faggotary and social decadence, so from bottom of my heart thank you. :thumb001:

Onur
08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Did you know that the countries you called as shitty have lots of natural gas and oil fields and they also have dynamic economies? So, imho they are clearly better than some EU members like Slovakia, Bulgaria.

Also, Russians knows what they are doing, they are not like the fantasists in Brussels.

Sultan Suleiman
08-19-2012, 05:38 PM
But what's right with them?

Kazakhstan and Central Asian republics are traditional allies of Slavs and they have a lot of Slavic and IE input unlike all the immigrants in your nation.:thumb001:

Mraz
08-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Only wealthy countries suffer from this and Macedonia is not one of them. :D

The day EU has a common immigration policy, Macedonia will have to accept immigrants that Germans and French don't want ;)

Midori
08-19-2012, 05:42 PM
The day EU has a common immigration policy, Macedonia will have to accept immigrants that Germans and French don't want ;)

God bless Greece for keeping us out of the EU :D

Albion
08-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Did you know that the countries you called as shitty have lots of natural gas and oil fields and they also have dynamic economies? So, imho they are clearly better than some EU members like Slovakia, Bulgaria.

Yes. But Russia is the only decent member. Kazakhstan has a lot of resources too but it isn't really much of a country.
The EU has Germany, France, the UK, Spain and Italy plus smaller countries such as NL, the Scandinavian nations and the Alpine states. I may be against the EU but you have to admit - the EU has better members than any Eurasian Union. :D

Russia can either continue being the boss of a load of crappy ex-Soviet nations and be isolated from the rest of Europe or could work with the nations that matter.

Also, Russians knows what they are doing, they are not like the fantasists in Brussels.

The EU needs to break up and a looser organisation replace it or just relations at an individual level between countries.

Albion
08-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Kazakhstan and Central Asian republics are traditional allies of Slavs and they have a lot of Slavic and IE input unlike all the immigrants in your nation.:thumb001:

Kazakhstan has Russians in the north party of the country but I don;t think the two have mixed all that much. More like Russians have just settled some territory.

The Central Asians are Turkic btw. They have some Indo-European blood from the earlier Iranian nomads that they absorbed but they're not very European.

These were on the first page of results when I typed in 'Kazakh People' on google images btw:

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sit/missKazakhstan.jpg

http://aboutkazakhstan.com/images/kazakh-people-names-photo-3.jpg

http://www.joshuaproject.net/profiles/photos/p18517.jpg

In the UK 80% of immigration is coming from the EU with the remaining 20% as the rest of Europe and the rest of the world.
Poles seem a bit more European than Kazakhs to me.

Adrian
08-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Russia has gas and oil more than all together and still is fucked up country.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Russia is not able to manage with its internal problems, like situation in Dagestan, Ingushetia, Chechnya etc...let alone to create a union that would compete with EU :picard1:

Your country suffers a lot to be a member of such a fantasist Union.

Pretan
08-19-2012, 05:59 PM
The Eurasian Union is just Putins attempt at re-creating his beloved USSR. I doubt many ordinary Russians want to become one with Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

Mraz
08-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I voted yes, Brussels is the seat of European institutions, capital of the EU, it is good for the country's economy.

Styggnacke
08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Joining the EU means non-white immigrants and other problems. No thanks...
Macedonia joining the EU means that Swedes and other better people have to pay for the costs of your shitty country. No thanks... :cool:

And it doesn't mean that you'll get non-white immigrants because even they have standards. More likely you'll start invading Western European countries en masse.

Mraz
08-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Macedonia joining the EU means that Swedes and other better people have to pay for the costs of your shitty country. No thanks... :cool:

And it doesn't mean that you'll get non-white immigrants because even they have standards.

That also means that Capitalist thugs will plunder natural ressources of the East easier.

Albion
08-19-2012, 06:08 PM
That also means that Capitalist thugs will plunder natural ressources of the East easier.

Natural resources such as? :rolleyes:

Russia is the only country that can boast about resources in the east. The Balkans isn't really known for them.

Albion
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
The Eurasian Union is just Putins attempt at re-creating his beloved USSR. I doubt many ordinary Russians want to become one with Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

I don't think your average Russian has a choice, this will be a political decision and not one made by the people.

Xenomorph
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM

A Eurasian Union would undoubtedly lead to a flood of immigration from the other countries to Russia. The would further inflame the thuggish neo-nazis leading to even more violence and discontent all-around. The whole idea is moronic, unless it's purely a strengthening of economic ties.

I don't think your average Russian has a choice, this will be a political decision and not one made by the people.

Have they ever had a choice?

Archduke
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Did you know that the countries you called as shitty have lots of natural gas and oil fields and they also have dynamic economies? So, imho they are clearly better than some EU members like Slovakia, Bulgaria

First of all Ukraine and Belarus are not richer than Bulgaria. How could you compare the small Balkan country Bulgaria to Russia - the biggest country in the world. But i have to say that Bulgarians still live better than the people in the steppe shithole called Russia.

dralos
08-19-2012, 06:34 PM
First of all Ukraine and Belarus are not richer than Bulgaria. How could you compare the small Balkan country Bulgaria to Russia - the biggest country in the world. But i have to say that Bulgarians still live better than the people in the steppe shithole called Russia.
my nephew works in a firm of albo billionaire in russia and he says that life in balkan is much better than in russia

Davy Jones's Locker
08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
No. Cameron promised a referendum iirc, yet another lie from a British politician.

An intrusive European Court of Human Rights & European Court of Justice. Undemocratic, centralised & a failing Eurozone. A forced United States of Europe open to corruption. Open borders for migrants to exploit loop holes.

Who voted for Herman Van Rompuy?

Agree with those sentiments.

Hochmeister
08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello everybody!

I doubt many ordinary Russians want to become one with Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

Actually all the Northern Kazakhstan, and its Almaty region with Northern Kyrgyzstan used to be populated by Europeans predominantly.

50% of modern Kazakhstan's population are Russians, Poles and Germans.

As for Kyrgyzstan, 60% of this Republic used to be European in the Soviet days (in our days less than 15%).

Hochmeister
08-24-2012, 04:10 PM
A Eurasian Union would undoubtedly lead to a flood of immigration from the other countries to Russia.

There are tons of Asian emigrants in Russia already. But:

The worse economical situation in Asia, the more emigrants come to Russia.
The better economical situation in Asia, the less emigrants come to Russia.

That's why Eurasian Union could help Russia (1) to get rid of the Asians and -on the other hand- (2) to intensify positions of the Europeans who live in Central Asia, and - by means of those Europeans - (3) to intensify the influence of European culture against islamism, (4) to fight the narcotrafic, (5) to obtain Central Asian raw materials (plutonium, gold, oil, a lot of ecologically clean drinking water) and so on and so forth.

Linet
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Content? :blink:
....as much as if a crocodile ate my leg ...:goodnight:

The Lawspeaker
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Content? :blink:
....as much as if a crocodile eat my leg ...:goodnight:

Give me the crocodile any day of the week as long as we can get out of the EU.

Linet
08-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Give me the crocodile any day of the week as long as we can get out of the EU.

Hands off :grumpy:
...That crocodile is mine :disapproving

The Lawspeaker
08-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Hands off :grumpy:
...That crocodile is mine :disapproving

Alright then.. even better. Let it eat your leg :) Whatever works to get us out of the EU. :thumb001::cool:

Linet
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey, if it eats my leg :yumyum:....we have to go out of Europe :leaving: ..not you :no: