PDA

View Full Version : Up to 300,000 Croats may leave Bosnia as soon Croatia enters EU

poiuytrewq0987
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
The NGO "Croatia Libertas" in Bosnia and Herzegovina has conducted a survey asking its Bosnian Croat citizens: "Will you look for a job in the EU when Croatia joins the EU". A huge 98 per cent of 4,000 respondents said they would.

The results of the survey suggest that every unemployed able boded Bosnian Croat of working age and in possession of the Croatian passport would leave Bosnia to try their luck in some EU country.

It is believed that there are about 600,000 Croats in Bosnia.

The Croatian daily newspaper Vecernji List writes that if the survey is accurate then the number of the Croats in Bosnia would be halved when Croatia enters the European Union.

According to Vecernji List that would have adverse effect on the position of the Croats in the country as 50 per cent of those who might have voted for Croatian parties would be abroad.

Croatia is supposed to become the 28th EU member state in mid 2013.

Croatia started accession negotiations in October 2005. They have been the longest negotiations of any of the 12 EU member states that have joined since 2000.

In Bosnia, European Commissioner for Enlargement handed over in June a 'road map' containing a list of obligations and deadlines to Bosnian leaders.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/most-of-bosnian-croats-would-try-their-luck-in-eu

Onur
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
If EU doesn't get destroyed before they accept all the Balkan countries for cheap labor, then i am afraid the people who remains in the Balkans will only be gypsies.

Anarch
08-11-2012, 01:23 AM
... Croatians. Well, it's better than importing North Africans.

Methmatician
08-11-2012, 02:48 AM
They can still live in Bosnia and work in Croatia, that's what my cousin did for a while.

Grizzly
08-11-2012, 03:11 AM
They can still live in Bosnia and work in Croatia, that's what my cousin did for a while.

That's what alot of people due but I think most of them want to leave Bosnia permanently as the situation in Bosnia is becoming dysfunctional.

Incal
08-11-2012, 07:46 AM
... Croatians. Well, it's better than importing North Africans.

Croatians are the most decent people living in the Balkans, so I don't really see a problem.

Adrian
08-12-2012, 12:54 AM

They are not interested to work in Croatia. Or, to formulate it better, economy of Croatia lacks the capacity to employ such a high number of job seekers.

Their hope is to find a job in other EU countries, after full membership of the state of Croatia in EU, in 2013.

Some of them will be disappointed, unfortunately. The statistics speak for the reduction of jobs in EU.

But, after all, we will repeat that together: hope dies last. : (

Anarch
08-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Croatians are the most decent people living in the Balkans, so I don't really see a problem.

I was kidding :p Croatians are alright. I knew a few in high school and my boss is a Croat. In all fairness, at least you're Catholics (and therefore Western).

As I said, 300,000 Croats is a hell of a lot better than 300,000 North Africans - they're white, Catholic (and therefore Western) and pretty well behaved. The EU seems to be a bit of a mixed blessing, though. Poles don't seem to be giving off a good impression in the countries they've been pouring into. I think Europe would be better off with the free movement of goods and capital, rather than labour too - but if there's immigration quotas to fill, better they're filled with people from within the same civilisation than bringing in hordes of Arabs and Pakistanis.

Albion
08-12-2012, 10:09 PM
So the Croat depopulation of Bosnia begins. How long before the Serbs leave too and the Bosniaks basically have the place to themselves?

Onur
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
So the Croat depopulation of Bosnia begins. How long before the Serbs leave too and the Bosniaks basically have the place to themselves?
If EU ever accepts Bosniaks, then they will leave Bosnia too.

I am telling you, if this trend continues, Balkans will be a fully gypsy land. Actually Gypsies wanna leave Balkans too but they are giving them 100 EU and force them to back to Balkans.

Actually this might be interesting because i would like to see some gypsy MEPs in Brussels. They might add some color to the boring parliament :D

Xenomorph
08-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I am telling you, if this trend continues, Balkans will be a fully gypsy land. Actually Gypsies wanna leave Balkans too but they are giving them 100 EU and force them to back to Balkans.

Wouldn't it be strange if the Balkans just became naturally depopulated? I don't know if that's ever happened to an area before.

Archduke
08-19-2012, 04:04 PM

Actually this might be interesting because i would like to see some gypsy MEPs in Brussels. They might add some color to the boring parliament :D

This wouldn't happen and you know it very well. :rolleyes:

It's more realistic for Turkey becoming Kurdish state if you ask me. :coffee:

Albion
08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Wouldn't it be strange if the Balkans just became naturally depopulated? I don't know if that's ever happened to an area before.

It would soon fill up with rich Western Europeans seeking somewhere to retire to, followed by tourist resorts.
For a few years a lot of Brits and Germans were buying up property along the Black Sea and it was dubbed things like "the new Costa del Sol". I think they got put off by Bulgarian property laws and the gypsies though.
When new members joined the EU and the economy was doing good a lot of people were buying places in Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Dalmatian coast of Croatia.

Slovenia and Slovakia look nice, maybe I should buy a place in Slovakia. I have some relatives next door in Austria, it's probably easier and cheaper to fly to Vienna and catch the train. :D

Arbėrori
08-19-2012, 04:16 PM
This wouldn't happen and you know it very well. :rolleyes:

It's more realistic for Turkey becoming Kurdish state if you ask me. :coffee:

Just don't bother with that guy, I mean seriously? We've been through
one plague (Ottoman Empire) & we're still here, yet alone money.:picard1:

Most Bosnian Croats I know regularly return to their homes in Bosnia
& are very loyal to their descent... Unlike others.:rolleyes:

Adrian
08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Imo, percentage of population that would leave Bosnia, or any other country of the Balkans, on the occasion the EU accession, will be rough to the percentage of Bulgarians, Poles, Romanians etc...who have left their country and migrated in various countries of EU.

Conclusions that everyone will leave the country are ridiculous.

poiuytrewq0987
08-26-2012, 12:50 PM
It would soon fill up with rich Western Europeans seeking somewhere to retire to, followed by tourist resorts.
For a few years a lot of Brits and Germans were buying up property along the Black Sea and it was dubbed things like "the new Costa del Sol". I think they got put off by Bulgarian property laws and the gypsies though.
When new members joined the EU and the economy was doing good a lot of people were buying places in Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Dalmatian coast of Croatia.

Slovenia and Slovakia look nice, maybe I should buy a place in Slovakia. I have some relatives next door in Austria, it's probably easier and cheaper to fly to Vienna and catch the train. :D

I don't think this kind of thing should be allowed though. It should be allowed only when we can also afford to buy Western Europe coastal land otherwise it's just plain exploitation.

poiuytrewq0987
08-26-2012, 12:53 PM

The Balkans will continue to have less people living in the area vs Germany even after German demographic crisis is in full swing. Germany's population will reduce to 50 million-something by 2050 whereas in the Balkans if current trends continue then the total population of 55 million will probably reduce to 30 million-something.

Albion
08-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think this kind of thing should be allowed though. It should be allowed only when we can also afford to buy Western Europe coastal land otherwise it's just plain exploitation.

It pushes up property prices, but the new arrivals do bring foreign money into the economy. It doesn't seem to have taken off though, so you're safe for now. ;)

poiuytrewq0987
08-26-2012, 01:02 PM
It pushes up property prices, but the new arrivals do bring foreign money into the economy. It doesn't seem to have taken off though, so you're safe for now. ;)

Pushing up property prices to a point the indigenous population has to go West to get money to buy land back home is a good thing... how? Yes, expats do bring in some money but their contribution is minimal and the foundations of economies aren't built around them. Tourism is fine, stay at our hotels, just don't buy our property... :p

Sultan Suleiman
10-30-2012, 02:27 PM

Only time will tell...

We're over 52% of the population already, few more % wouldn't be an overkill.

Sultan Suleiman
10-30-2012, 02:29 PM

I hope that there will be more patriots like Ficus and Leliana to keep the doors closed for us.

Sultan Suleiman
10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
P.S.: There are no more than 415 K of Croats in Bosnia. One half is in Herzegovina and the other half is spread out through Bosniak dominated regions and cities.

MfA_
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Only time will tell...

We're over 52% of the population already, few more % wouldn't be an overkill.

You guys should pack your women with 5 children as Erdoganidis says :)

Sultan Suleiman
10-30-2012, 02:43 PM
You guys should pack your women with 5 children as Erdoganidis says :)

After he pays in front for the education, clothing and feeding of them, yeah sure. :rolleyes:

Sultan Suleiman
10-30-2012, 02:48 PM
It's not like I want them gone, I just want them to stop pissing on our Federal budget and stop their goddamned hypocrisy about administration levels (wherever Croats are majority they want one man one vote, but where they are a minority they want their "constitutionally secured place in the government"). On the other side Bosniaks aren't that "fertile" to fill the bloody gap the Croatian exodus would create, especially since it's the young ones which go away and the Bosniaks have to pay their pensions and the rest of the needs of the older population.

Prince Carlo
10-30-2012, 03:21 PM
They will probably go to either Italy or Germany. France is out of question, although Britain and Scandinavia will attract some of them.

mysticism
11-01-2012, 03:45 AM

The Balkans essentially is depopulated. The largest city is barely 2 million people, and the "metropolis" in which Vrhbosnian Vanguard lives has a mere 400,000....

kvarc
11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
it`s so sweet to watch this Frankestain of a state falling apart :D

Incal
11-02-2012, 02:46 AM

I don't know about the whole Balkans but I predict some places will definitely get depopulated cause all the inhabitants will move to the West due to the inability to manage themselves. That's why I tell my serb friends to not worry much about Kosovo.

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 03:03 AM
You guys should pack your women with 5 children as Erdoganidis says :) LOL, what the fuck is he Pontian?

Grizzly
11-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't know about the whole Balkans but I predict some places will definitely get depopulated cause all the inhabitants will move to the West due to the inability to manage themselves. That's why I tell my serb friends to not worry much about Kosovo.

Kosovo may have the highest birthrate in Europe and I think the fertility rate is like 2.4 which is pretty much unheard of in Europe. Although there's a large emigration rate the birth rate still exceeds so there really isn't a reason to worry.

But for countries like Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, etc, it's a huge problem.

mysticism
11-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Kosovo may have the highest birthrate in Europe and I think the fertility rate is like 2.4 which is pretty much unheard of in Europe. Although there's a large emigration rate the birth rate still exceeds so there really isn't a reason to worry.

But for countries like Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, etc, it's a huge problem.

The Kosovo birthrate is bigger, but their emigration rate is much bigger too. So it equalizes with the other Balkan states.

Grizzly
11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
The Kosovo birthrate is bigger, but their emigration rate is much bigger too. So it equalizes with the other Balkan states.

I still think there's a positive population growth though. Even if, Kosovo would still have a really young average population age(around 25-28) which is a good thing.

mysticism
11-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I still think there's a positive population growth though. Even if, Kosovo would still have a really young average population age(around 25-28) which is a good thing.

Even though most who are emigrating are 20 - 40 age range? Doesn't make sense

Guapo
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Even though most who are emigrating are 20 - 40 age range? Doesn't make sense

Dont bother discussing with these primates.

Sultan Suleiman
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
The Balkans essentially is depopulated. The largest city is barely 2 million people, and the "metropolis" in which Vrhbosnian Vanguard lives has a mere 400,000....

I never said it was a metropolis, but Sarajevo has it's charms just as any other large compact city placed between mountains.