PDA

View Full Version : Is the Traditional Family Dead?

Stefan
08-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I've contemplated this greatly. It seems to me as if this is the bleak near future. It's very sad, in my opinion. I'm seeing more and more frequently families who are disconnected from each-other; predominately because they've been organized via nontraditional means and there are conflicting parties. By traditional family, I don't mean women should stay home and do chores and men should go to work, I mean a family that is structured with a mother, and father who don't divorce and in which one of them stays home a significant portion of the time to take care of the children, who need this aspect. At least this should be the case until the children are old enough and have cemented values. Many parents don't even bother disciplining their children anymore.

So what are your ideals of a traditional family? Is it dieing/dead. If so, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Osprey
08-11-2012, 10:10 AM
It is, if people like you and me don't work to revive it :)
I'm trying my best, trust me

Tony
08-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes it's dead.
The only thing that keep he and she still together are the fact that divorcing is getting more and more costly, if you're a couple instead of a single you can cut half the expenditures for holidays, rents, gasoline etc
Moreover there's no longer the will to spend time and mental fatigue to educate children.
And moreover again our society seems shaped to work against family bonds and not to protect it, from every point of view, modern world is structured for workers and consumers, not for fathers, mothers and children.

ficuscarica
08-11-2012, 06:35 PM
This is the result of leftist atheism and its work against everything that is perceived as Christian, even human nature.

Graham
08-11-2012, 07:11 PM
My family were traditional. Parents not divorced. Mum worked part time when I was young. Dad worked as a joiner. Frequently visting all the relatives and having dinners. Grandparents babysitting us.

Only time my parents were seperate was when my dad worked in Leipzig after the fall of the Berlin wall. There was no jobs here. So he sent money home.

There was plenty of families like that. Don't think it's dead.

My family are mainly all atheists and left Ficus. :p