PDA

View Full Version : What's stronger to you: self-preservation or group preservation?

Stefan
08-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Let's say you have two choices granted by a magical being:

Choice 1: You can keep things in your country the same, with mass-migration and multi-culturalism.

Choice 2: You can have a political entity solely for your people, a nation-state, and it will remain a nation-state until you go extinct by other means than subtle multiculturalism. The catch is: to do this, you have to die. You've already accomplished much in your life, have children, a family, etc.

Would you choose choice 1, and condemn your progeny or would you choose choice 2 and save your progeny with the sacrifice of yourself?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I'd choose choice 2, or at least I hope I would if I ever had to make a real world sacrifice to help my family and extended family (nation.)

Kalitas
08-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Well, it's a hard question. I think I'd do everything that is possible to save my progeny, but I'd rather kill other people than killing myself to achieve that.

Midori
08-12-2012, 04:00 AM
I picked 2.

Alenka
08-12-2012, 04:25 AM
If I had a choice, then I hope I'd choose the option 2. Leaving children and family behind sounds sad and dying sounds scary but as a mortal being I'll die one day anyway so I might as well go with a noble cause.

Stefan
08-12-2012, 04:32 AM
The poll is suppose to represent some extremes to emphasize the point that we aren't just individuals. We are part of societies and our actions and sacrifices are necessary in the progression of our societies. Many people have the idea that we're all individuals, but in fact that's only partially true and deceptive.

Supreme American
08-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Oops I picked #1 which was wrong. Shoot me now!

Stefan
08-12-2012, 04:42 AM

I can change it if you want. :)

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
08-12-2012, 04:44 AM
cultural preservtion

Stefan
08-12-2012, 04:56 AM
cultural preservtion

Would you agree that cultures are manifestations of a people or that people are manifestations of cultures? ;)

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
08-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Would you agree that cultures are manifestations of a people or that people are manifestations of cultures? ;)

yes but not race, you can slowly integrate any group into any culture, so long as you limit migration to manageable numbers and make an effort in helping them integrate

Stefan
08-12-2012, 05:15 AM
yes but not race, you can slowly integrate any group into any culture, so long as you limit migration to manageable numbers and make an effort in helping them integrate

So physiology has no relevance to cultural traditions? Would you say Neanderthals had different cultural traditions to Homo Sapiens Sapiens?

rhiannon
08-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Choice One.

My little 4 year old son wouldn't be done any favors by losing his mother who is going to do a better job protecting him than any utopian society ever could.

There is no substitute for a parent's love.

I want to be around to guide him. So our society has a few problems....at least my children would have the benefit of my guidance in dealing with those problems...assuming they ever had to deal with them directly.

:)

Sultan Suleiman
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Your true face is surfacing...

Sultan Suleiman
08-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Choice One.

My little 4 year old son wouldn't be done any favors by losing his mother who is going to do a better job protecting him than any utopian society ever could.

There is no substitute for a parent's love.

I want to be around to guide him. So our society has a few problems....at least my children would have the benefit of my guidance in dealing with those problems...assuming they ever had to deal with them directly.

Spoken out of the heart :thumb001:

Partizan
08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Neither of two...

I'm always ready for sacrificing myself for motherland however I'm not against current immigration to my country.Somalian,Afghan,Iranian and Iraqi refugees here are decent and nice people.

However,I'm neither for "multi-culturalism",nor for racism.I'm in favour of melting pot and civic/cultural nationalism.

I'll end this post with Atatürk's quote:
"How happy to say that,I'm Turkish!"

Hurrem sultana
08-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Option 1

Sultan Suleiman
08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Option 1

Pa u tebu nema trunka Bosanstva...

Osprey
08-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Weakness always dominates the Nobility.
Its called the power of sheer numbers.
You may well integrate them, but the results won't be as you expected.
On the contrary, it'll become a hotch potch of the worse aspects of both cultures.

Lithium
08-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I would do everything to save my people, I wouldnt be myself without my ethnicity and my race. I wouldn't live in a multicultural society and maybe I wont live that long to see the end of Bulgaria.

Hurrem sultana
08-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Pa u tebu nema trunka Bosanstva...

Budale umiru za ideale :(

Ili muskarci...

mi smo tu za djecu i tako to:rolleyes:

Osprey
08-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Regarding the choices, i would rather pick the noble ones (who want self preservation instead of multiculturalism) of every society, place them into the chosen places of the earth, remove all the multicults regardless of race into the hell hole of Sahara Desert and then die if the creator wishes it.

rhiannon
08-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Regarding the choices, i would rather pick the noble ones (who want self preservation instead of multiculturalism) of every society, place them into the chosen places of the earth, remove all the multicults regardless of race into the hell hole of Sahara Desert and then die if the creator wishes it.

I like your idea but replace the multicults with all the violent criminal scum of the earth. These are the people causing problems for everyone else.

Mraz
08-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Number 1 seriously fuck Bosniaks if I have to put my head on the table :D
Multi culti, mass migration isn't that horrible in my mind.

Partizan
08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm not against migration from West Africa but more ladies should migrate!

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/oditous2/Africa/divine.jpg

Well sometimes I think if there would be Africans or South-East Asians here instead Kurds,it would be better :D

Hurrem sultana
08-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Well sometimes I think if there would be Africans or South-East Asians here instead Kurds,it would be better :D

Then black guys would steal your turkish girls :D

Partizan
08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Then black guys would steal your turkish girls :D

Most Somalians here are inter-married...They take brides from Somalia.It's so bad they are conservative and not out going,especially for ladies :(

Mraz
08-12-2012, 01:08 PM

Oh God, dude you seriously have some special liking for the black women :D
There is nothing more sexy than a black woman eating a piece of chocolate.

Osprey
08-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Here's a good question to ask yourself while selecting a woman to mate with.
Would you be willing to give your sister to her brother?

arcticwolf
08-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Being noble is the way to go. Nobility of the mind is supreme to any physical survival as an individual. What's the point of surviving or having your posterity survive if what you're leaving behind is a nightmare of a life?

Noble minds don't really have a choice, it's the others that do.

Partizan
08-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Here's a good question to ask yourself while selecting a woman to mate with.
Would you be willing to give your sister to her brother?

If they get along,why not?But if he's gonna live in Turkey,must learn Turkish and integrate...We have neutralised African citizens in Turkey,they represented us in Olympics some years ago and they are mostly assimilated.Elvan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvan_Abeylegesse) is a good example.

Contra Mundum
08-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Choice 1: You can keep things in your country the same, with mass-migration and multi-culturalism.

Choice 2: You can have a political entity solely for your people, a nation-state, and it will remain a nation-state until you go extinct by other means than subtle multiculturalism. The catch is: to do this, you have to die. You've already accomplished much in your life, have children, a family, etc.

Would you choose choice 1, and condemn your progeny or would you choose choice 2 and save your progeny with the sacrifice of yourself?

I think I'd choose choice 2, or at least I hope I would if I ever had to make a real world sacrifice to help my family and extended family (nation.)

I voted choice 1 by mistake because of the order they were placed in the thread title.

What's stronger to you: group preservation or self-preservation?

Hurrem sultana
08-12-2012, 03:36 PM
If they get along,why not?But if he's gonna live in Turkey,must learn Turkish and integrate...We have neutralised African citizens in Turkey,they represented us in Olympics some years ago and they are mostly assimilated.Elvan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvan_Abeylegesse) is a good example.

Maybe she wants to move with him :)

Partizan
08-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Maybe she wants to move with him :)

Doesn't matter.She speaks Turkish and well integrated here.Also seems to be more patriotic than Kurds in Turkey,so she is welcome :)

Stefan
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I voted choice 1 by mistake because of the order they were placed in the thread title.

Fixed both the poll and title. Thank you for the input. :)

Tony
08-12-2012, 08:18 PM

I don't get the first option, could you elaborate more?
In the first option my country stays shitty but I don't get what I get in exchange...
while the second option is clear, I gotta die (for whatever reason) but I save my country and progeny, right?

Stefan
08-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't get the first option, could you elaborate more?
In the first option my country stays shitty but I don't get what I get in exchange...
while the second option is clear, I gotta die (for whatever reason) but I save my country and progeny, right?

Yep, basically.

Tony
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Yep, basically.

Well , it seems unfair to me.
In the second option if I sacrifice myself I get salvation for my country and folk.
In the first option I sacrifice my country and folk for what?
Gimme money and tons of women or fame and I'll chose the first option.

Stefan
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Well , it seems unfair to me.
In the second option if I sacrifice myself I get salvation for my country and folk.
In the first option I sacrifice my country and folk for what?
Gimme money and tons of women or fame and I'll chose the first option.

Life is unfair though. You need to give something to get something. ;)