PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Like Your Oats?

Contra Mundum
08-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I prefer steel cut organic. I add some raw honey, cinnamon and sometimes berries.:thumb001:

http://smallbites.andybellatti.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/fye-steel-cut-oats.jpg

arcticwolf
08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Hard to say I eat them with everything. Though I eat grits a lot more often than I do oats. It's a southern thing. ;) Grits have no nutritional value they say but I really like them.

carol
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I prefer steel cut organic. I add some raw honey, cinnamon and sometimes berries.:thumb001:

yummm.
I try to eat oatmeal, but about half the time it is skipping breakfast and out the door. Not during summer break however, then it is lazy mornings, and breakfast. Your picture made me want some.

sorry, sidetracked
Oatmeal? with nuts, berries, and honey or brown sugar.

PetiteParisienne
08-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Scrummy! I like them with a bit of peanut butter and Nutella if I'm feeling cheeky.

Arbėrori
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
With honey & any kind of fruit - heaven!:thumb001:

Frigga
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Rolled oats, like from Bob's Red Mill, which are rolled a little thicker. And I love them with lots and lots of butter, and a small amount of brown sugar. I actually like to drop small bits of butter in at a time because soft butter in oatmeal is orgasmic for me. :love:

Legion
08-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Oatmeal is disgusting to me, but I love them in dry form or moist form as bread and biscuits.

Skandi
08-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Oats, stone ground from Alford (water mill too) I have them flaked, ground and pinhead in the cupboard atm, tonight we are having roast lamb with skirlle stuffing (oats fried with onions) I also had poridge for lunch this time with milk sugar and summer berries, but normally I make it with milk nutmeg and maple syrup.

morski
08-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't eat it at all.:D

Marbeor
08-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Of course rolled, and with milk, not cooked, but at least heatend 2 minutes ;)
No sugar. That is just not cool.

Mechanolater
08-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Grind 'em up until they're more like a powder, then I make 'em with milk, and eat 'em with cinnamon, and raisins. I use clover honey to sweeten, since clover honey tastes like marshmallows. Does to me, anyway.

larali
11-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I eat mine cooked plain or with molasses, and for the kids, put molasses, banana, apple or maple syrup in it, with a bit of milk.

rhiannon
11-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Oats are gross to me lol

arcticwolf
11-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Oats are gross to me lol

Give grits a try! :p

Caismeachd
11-11-2012, 03:43 AM
I like steel cut. I add a little salt and maple sometimes. I used to grind them up and drink them straight that way (surprising that others here do as well) but haven't done that in a long time.

rhiannon
11-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Give grits a try! :p

Grits are okay...I like Cream of Wheat the best...I make it with milk rather than water and add butter and salt. Pretty good shit when the mood strikes me lol

arcticwolf
11-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Grits are okay...I like Cream of Wheat the best...I make it with milk rather than water and add butter and salt. Pretty good shit when the mood strikes me lol

I make it the same way but add brown sugar. Have you ever tried cream of rice?

rhiannon
11-11-2012, 04:13 AM
I make it the same way but add brown sugar. Have you ever tried cream of rice?

Nope. I would probably like it though:) I love rice. I have never liked Oatmeal in any way.....goes back to childhood when my grandma force fed it to me. She was horribly mean to me about it.

I will say that Steel Cut Oats are at least tolerable:) They have a better flavor..

arcticwolf
11-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Nope. I would probably like it though:) I love rice. I have never liked Oatmeal in any way.....goes back to childhood when my grandma force fed it to me. She was horribly mean to me about it.

I will say that Steel Cut Oats are at least tolerable:) They have a better flavor..

Yes you would, it tastes better than cream of wheat, it's a real treat. They sell it in the south, not sure if they do anywhere else.

I like eggs, pancakes, hash browns and ham for breakfast the best! :p

Azalea
11-11-2012, 07:52 AM
With milk and two or three teasoons salep powder.

Mark
11-11-2012, 08:10 AM
When I'm trying to lean out, I eat steel cut oats (plain).

When I'm eating for enjoyment, I may add: slices of bananas, some walnuts,
a drop of heavy cream, or lots of whole milk, M&M's, Sprinkles, Shredded Coconut, Peanut Butter Cups (crumbled up of course), Malted Milk Balls, A Jar of Nuttella, some more Sprinkles, caramel sauce - and if the consistency is right, I may even put it in the deep fryer and have it cook to a crisp. I try and avoid adding Raisins to my oatmeal as they are high in sugar.