PDA

View Full Version : Why is social altruism promoted, yet at the same time people must mind their own business?

Stefan
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't understand this. Why are people given guilt complexes in our modern society to help those in need, regardless of how similar they are to them, but at the same time one may not criticize (even if constructively) such people to help them on the path of self-improvement? I've seen this sentiment on forums especially. Particularly, this seems to be the case in relation to one's thoughts on race or ethnic mixing. Basically it isn't our business who others date, and we should not reveal our thoughts, but we're expected to help out such people when things go wrong in the way of social benefits? We're suppose suffer the sociological consequences of selfish reasoning, so they can retain their individuality, but at the same time they gain from our social altruism. That seems almost like a parasitic relationship to me. Why help somebody who is hurting you and/or your nation?

I think it is quite clear we're not solely individuals, and constructive criticism, especially within one's nation, should be privileged without disdain to anyone who uses it. Otherwise, remove all aspects of social altruism from such a society, as we are all individuals indeed, and hence must retain such individual freedoms as individual funds and capital!

Am I missing something here? Please reveal your wisdom!