PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy???

The Alchemist
08-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Be sincere. What do you think you need to be happy in your life???
I'm sincere: i feel serene, like never before.

Virtuous
08-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Not at all.

Lithium
08-17-2012, 08:57 PM
No, I am not a happy person, I have never been really happy. I have almost everything, I guess I am just not that type of person.

Dacul
08-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I am quite happy atm.
Meh.

Mordid
08-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Not at all.

No, I am not a happy person, I have never been really happy. I have almost everything, I guess I am just not that type of person.
Awwww.. Come on, give me a hug.

Mraz
08-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm happy, drunk a couple of beers and ate a kebab on the hills around the city with my childhood long friend I didn't see for ages :)

Virtuous
08-17-2012, 09:00 PM
My life is constant sadness, with even more sadness once in a while, and very rare true moments of happiness.

Virtuous
08-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Awwww.. Come on, give me a hug.

a brotherly one :D

Kazimiera
08-17-2012, 09:02 PM
I am blissfully happy. I live in a house I worked for, I love my job, I love my husband. I own everything I have. I don't owe anyone money. I never buy on credit. I use only what I need. I recycle.

My heart and soul are in a very good space right now, and I hope that space is forever.

Germanicus
08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
I am naturally a happy chappy, i feel great, no money troubles...a good job, i have a great relationship...the waters in my life are calm and peaceful.
Yes i am happy!:)

Waidewut
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't feel happy, but I am not unhappy either.

Azalea
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Happy? Hmm, I am not depressed or unhappy, let's put it like that. I believe that happiniss isn't continues. You don't feel it 24/7- unless you are heavily in love or something. I usually experience happiniss when I am having a good time with my friends, love, vacation, good food, photography, shopping, certain songs/music etc.. But while I am typing this, I am not happy. I am just oke.

Graus
08-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I am German, we arent really happy and cheerful people.

Mordid
08-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm extremely happy. Why I'm I happy well that should be obvious I'm alive that's why I'm happy.

The Alchemist
08-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't define me as "happy", but rather serene. I feel serene, with no obsessions, no fear, nothing bad in my heart.....

Mordid
08-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I am German, we arent really happy
That's because they have no sense of humor.

Sophie
08-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Happiness is attained when goals are fulfilled.

Mordid
08-17-2012, 09:12 PM
My life is constant sadness, with even more sadness once in a while, and very rare true moments of happiness.
Well, people always think they either have to be happy, or sad. and it stays that way forever, but happiness is not a destination. It is a mood, it is not permanent. It comes and goes and if people thought that way then people would find happiness more often.

arcticwolf
08-17-2012, 09:20 PM

Amigo I was to answer with a simple yes or no but on seeing your answer I decided I'll elaborate and give you a piece of my mind. I also decided I'll be serious which I'm not 99% of the time. :D

Here it is bro. Happiness is a state of mind. In reality it can be independent of any external factors. The only catch is the mind has to be developed to the point of being free of attachments.

Here is another insight, equanimity is far superior to happiness. Happiness is overrated.

Here is how normal mind works: it chases after the pleasant and runs away from the unpleasant. When things go fine the pleasant dominates the experience hence the feeling of happiness. When the unpleasant dominates the experience sadness, sorrow follows.

There is a whole another way to experience reality. When you develop the mind to the point that equanimity takes hold and it is dominant as a state of mind, nothing either pleasant or unpleasant can shake the mind into happiness or sadness, mind is in equilibrium. It is a state of neutral curiosity.
It is not an indifference, or apathy. It is a very alert state of neutral but kind awareness.

Here is the good news: most of the time you can't control what happens to you but 100% of the time you can control how you react to it.

Here is even better news: mind can be trained to become for the lack of a better word .... perfect. ;) It ain't easy, it's the hardest thing you'll ever do, but the other way is an exercise in futility, it's impossibility.

Here is the motto: even the hardest to do is still preferable and wiser to do than the impossible is.

The choice is yours, no one can do it for you and no one will, but you can.

No need to thank me, I'm just that good! :laugh:

carol
08-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I alternate between feeling happy and very mildly depressed. I have everything I could need, a great job and live in a lovely place, but I feel lonely sometimes. When I am out and doing something fun, I am very happy, and I also feel very happy after a lot of exercise, fresh air, and working. I think being busy makes me feel happier.
My boyfriend lives in a distant state, and that is lonely, because I live alone, except for my pets:) We fly out to see each other monthly. I miss the love and attention, and being alone nights is lonely too. But, when we fly out to see each other, I am all smiles and we have great times together. We both have jobs and homes we like, and we are both independent people. I hope that some day we can move closer to each other, but for the past ten months it has worked for us. It will continue this way until one of us decides to find a job closer to the other, I suspect.

Veneda
08-17-2012, 09:33 PM
I feel quite happy, but I think that the best time will come :)

arcticwolf
08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm extremely happy. Why I'm I happy well that should be obvious I'm alive that's why I'm happy.

This is gonna be hard! I hate to do that to you because I love you, you are my blood, you are my people! But I have no choice! I can't let you have false views. If I have not pointed out the falsehood what friend would I be? With a heavy heart but the sense of duty and in the interest of the truth I MUST say this:
Being alive is a result of ignorance, unfortunately. Every single being has ignorance as a "father and mother". We are here because we are blind to reality. And we will repeat this process as long as we continue to be blind. That's the reality of it.

I'm sorry to have ruined your illusions. They are not your friend, they masquerade as such but they are your mortal ( literally ) enemy.

There was no easy way to do it. I'm sorry for having done that, but it had to be done!

One day you'll thank me! Take your time to digest all this! :p

ficuscarica
08-17-2012, 09:44 PM

Not true. Here is a good German joke:

- *knockknock*
- "Hello, who is there?"
- "Open teh door plz"
- "What do u want?"
- "I kill u!"

Hohoh...

Ok, nonsense aside. I have the tendency to be unhappy and was almost depressive in the last months, but I am rather ok at the moment.

Mordid
08-17-2012, 09:57 PM
This is gonna be hard! I hate to do that to you because I love you, you are my blood, you are my people! But I have no choice! I can't let you have false views. If I have not pointed out the falsehood what friend would I be? With a heavy heart but the sense of duty and in the interest of the truth I MUST say this:
Being alive is a result of ignorance, unfortunately. Every single being has ignorance as a "father and mother". We are here because we are blind to reality. And we will repeat this process as long as we continue to be blind. That's the reality of it.

I'm sorry to have ruined your illusions. They are not your friend, they masquerade as such but they are your mortal ( literally ) enemy.

There was no easy way to do it. I'm sorry for having done that, but it had to be done!

One day you'll thank me! Take your time to digest all this! :p
Right on, brotha! Polish pawa! :thumb001::cool:

Graus
08-17-2012, 09:59 PM

And you Poles have? Its actually a serious question, the Poles I met in real life were doing mostly shitty jonbs like cleaning or harvesting asparagus and didnt seem that cheerful either and the Poles online seem to blame me for all the collective misery of your nation and are probably among the most bitter people you can encounter online. To us you are the people without humour.

Mordid
08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
And you Poles have? Its actually a serious question, the Poles I met in real life were doing mostly shitty jonbs like cleaning or harvesting asparagus and didnt seem that cheerful either and the Poles online seem to blame me for all the collective misery of your nation and are probably among the most bitter people you can encounter online. To us you are the people without humour.
Silesia je Polska, bitch.

ficuscarica
08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Mordid is jelly bcs he is only East Baltid and not Faelid + Nordid.

Graus
08-17-2012, 10:05 PM

Woran erkennt man, daß es zuviele Polen in Deutschland gibt ?

Die Zigeuner schließen Hausratsversicherungen ab…

Germanicus
08-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Ok, nonsense aside. I have the tendency to be unhappy and was almost depressive in the last months, but I am rather ok at the moment.

2004 was a very bad year for me on 2 counts. Since then i have recovered, built a new life and i have a lot to be very happy about.
Not knowing about your unhappyness, mine would have made your unhappyness look like nothing.:(

arcticwolf
08-17-2012, 10:10 PM

:D Why do you even bother talking to Niemiec? :laugh:

Mordid
08-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Mordid is jelly bcs he is only East Baltid and not Faelid + Nordid.
I don't find your German sense of humor to be funny. :rolleyes:

Jedthehumanoid
08-18-2012, 07:22 AM

Can you not empathise with a country which has the misfortune of being placed between Germany and Russia:rolleyes:

Midori
08-18-2012, 07:23 AM

Same here...

Siberyak
08-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Same here...

You always have your friends at the apricity

Talvi
08-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Iv noticed that a lot of people who spend a lot of time on the internet tend to be sad, unhappy or depressed. I feel like there is a really high amount of unhappy people here. When I joined this forum I was also unhappy, If i had been happy I probably would have never joined. Its been a while since then and I am no longer unhappy. Things are going good, but I suspect theyll get worse once I finish my studies and need to find a real full-time job.

Frosty
08-18-2012, 11:59 AM
No,I'm not but I don't count this as something negative.Happiness requires to be in peace with the world around and yourself and until my eyes are open and my ears function,I doubt this blissful happiness could ever happen.

Apina
08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Why is everyone so sad? Drink a glass of wine every evening and you'll be fine xD

Arthas
08-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm never happy. I'm at a turning point in my life so it's either uphill or downhill from here... Probably downhill.

leisitox
08-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Nope, Im neutral almost the time, with some uphills and downhills in it.

Stefan
08-18-2012, 05:39 PM
My emotions tend to be restricted. I don't usually feel "happy" nor "sad" unless there is reason to feel as such. So I suppose right now, no. I'd describe such a feeling as content, I think that is the right word?

Incal
08-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm a moderately happy person, if girls were hot here then I'd be totally happy.

Han Cholo
08-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Not happy at all. But it doesn't mean I'm sad either.

Frosty
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Why is everyone so sad? Drink a glass of wine every evening and you'll be fine xD
Unhappy doesn't necessary mean being sad.May be the actual word is "restless",but anyway,I don't think happiness has whatever to do with the wine.:)

ficuscarica
08-19-2012, 01:57 AM

humor? this was just some trolling for the sake of writing something, regardless what it is.

Incal
08-19-2012, 08:53 AM

That's an oxymoron :D

Mechanolater
08-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Meh. So-so. I'm usually just content, though I'm prone to extreme highs and lows out o' the blue. Booze, music, and church always make me feel chipper, though. Not together, of course. Well, maybe booze and music.

rhiannon
08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Overall, yes.
I have a wonderful husband and healthy children:) My own health problems aren't too bad....but my back bothers me a lot more now than it ever used to.:(

If I could have all the happiness in my life of today and FEEL like I did in my 20s and early to mid 30s...life would be damn near perfect:)

Oh....and a fat wad of cash would be nice:D

WinterIsComing
08-21-2012, 12:31 AM
At the moment I'm quite happy, but around half of the time I can feel quite miserable (especially in the winter).

Drawing-slim
08-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Comfortable. Little mild depression is more heathy then being happy consistantly i'd say, more relaxing:p

Svipdag
10-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Despite the infirmities of old age, and depite the Grim Reaper's leering at me from over my left shoulder, I am happy more often and for longer than I have been at any other time of my life.

I suffered from almost continuous anxiety from the age of six, when I entered school, to around fifty when my physician prescribed Paxil. I have been retired for 25 years and, during much of that time under much less stress that I had been.

I need no longer concern myself with trying to achieve anything.
Ambition is a harsh taskmaster., I'm glad that, in my life, it's dead . I have achieved as much, or as little, as I am ever going to. As Ogden Nash put it.
"At thirty-five, success is the burning question. At fifty, you'll settle for good digestion."

I can still enjoy good music, good food, good wine, and travel. That's not bad.

"NON SUM QVALIS ERAM" [And I'm glad.]

Albion
10-06-2012, 01:40 PM
No, I'm pessimistic and lack empathy by my very nature. I'm more content with my life, but as I work closer to achieving what I want the more I feel unfulfilled.

Osprey
10-06-2012, 01:59 PM
If one is not happy, one should not have been born....
Btw,
I'd be more happy if Image of God posts here more frequently.

caesius
10-07-2012, 08:55 AM
currently i'm far from being happy... i can't get along with my bf since we moved to warsaw, there is no magnetism between us... i'm upset, because it's a long term relationship (we are together for almost four years) and i don't want to quit it.
and i'm upset, because i'm writing about it here, though i hate sharing my private matters on the internet.

Osprey
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
currently i'm far from being happy... i can't get along with my bf since we moved to warsaw, there is no magnetism between us... i'm upset, because it's a long term relationship (we are together for almost four years) and i don't want to quit it.
and i'm upset, because i'm writing about it here, though i hate sharing my private matters on the internet.

Move to sweden
Plenty of good guys there.

Caismeachd
10-07-2012, 09:21 AM
To me, being overly happy=overly eager and in that situation you will only disappoint yourself most of the time. Being contented or at peace is better than trying to be overly happy all the time.

Sabinae
10-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Despite the infirmities of old age, and depite the Grim Reaper's leering at me from over my left shoulder, I am happy more often and for longer than I have been at any other time of my life.

I suffered from almost continuous anxiety from the age of six, when I entered school, to around fifty when my physician prescribed Paxil. I have been retired for 25 years and, during much of that time under much less stress that I had been.

I need no longer concern myself with trying to achieve anything.
Ambition is a harsh taskmaster., I'm glad that, in my life, it's dead . I have achieved as much, or as little, as I am ever going to. As Ogden Nash put it.
"At thirty-five, success is the burning question. At fifty, you'll settle for good digestion."

I can still enjoy good music, good food, good wine, and travel. That's not bad.

"NON SUM QVALIS ERAM" [And I'm glad.]

I find myself to have a similar mindset....

Kazimiera
03-27-2013, 10:36 PM
---> moved to Psychology

Linet
03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
I am a happy person i think :fdancing:

Germanicus
03-27-2013, 10:52 PM
I am blissfully happy. I live in a house I worked for, I love my job, I love my husband. I own everything I have. I don't owe anyone money. I never buy on credit. I use only what I need. I recycle.

My heart and soul are in a very good space right now, and I hope that space is forever.

As Kazimiera has posted her life is good as is mine, she like myself are fairly well off, we both do not owe money, we both live in houses we have worked for..life for us is great.

The reason I can say I am happy is the fact that when I go to bed each night it takes seconds for me to go to sleep..yes seconds.
The mere fact that I am able to do this is I do not have anything to worry about that will make me listless, I sleep all night without waking.

silver_surfer
11-24-2013, 07:11 PM
On the surface, I am happy. Most of the time, I am happy. When I am with my friends, I am happy. When I am running, I am happy. When I am attending lectures, I am happy. But every couple days I am crippled by an overwhelming feeling of depression for a few hours. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make it go away. -_-

Corvus
11-24-2013, 07:21 PM
I am suffering from a light form of manic depression. There are periods I am overwhelmed with joy and self confident,
there are other periods I see no sense in life (like now)