PDA

View Full Version : Could You Love Another Person's Child..?

Lady L
07-02-2009, 04:24 PM
After viewing " Another Forum " I ran across this question and was amazed at the answers, so I ask here to see what my friends here would say ..?

If you met someone of interest for a relationship could you love their children..? Or would you simply disregard them simply because they already have children ..?

Mc Queen
07-02-2009, 04:26 PM
A real case.........i found the same thread on another forum just yesterday.

I'll wait to post my opinions.....

Loki
07-02-2009, 04:33 PM
If you met someone of interest for a relationship could you love their children..? Or would you simply disregard them simply because they already have children ..?

I could love them, of course, but I would want my own also. What worth is a life if one can't fulfil the ultimate purpose thereof, i.e. procreate and ensure your genes survive for another generation? I would never take a woman who would be unwilling to have my children.

Tabiti
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't see where is the problem, especially if you can't have your own. After all parent is not only the biological one, but who raises the children...

jerney
07-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I would not be with someone who had children. It's a deal breaker for me tbh. However, it depends on the situation. If I had already been married once and had children from that relationship obviously it wouldn't make sense for me to be picky about being with someone who also has kids from a previous relationship, but there is no way I'd presently date or marry someone who already had children.

Angantyr
07-03-2009, 01:55 AM
I would not be with someone who had children. It's a deal breaker for me tbh. However, it depends on the situation. If I had already been married once and had children from that relationship obviously it wouldn't make sense for me to be picky about being with someone who also has kids from a previous relationship, but there is no way I'd presently date or marry someone who already had children.

My sentiments exactly.

Even having further common children with such a women would create issues for me. I would want to share the experience of becoming a parent for the first time with my wife, rather than her having been there and done that with another person. That would deny me something that I greatly look forward to sharing.

Moreover, given my interest in genetics and genealogy, not to mention my obsession with producing as many redheaded children as possible, it would be a major psychological hurdle to expend my efforts in furthering someone else's genetics to the detriment of my own.

SwordoftheVistula
07-03-2009, 02:26 AM
would you simply disregard them simply because they already have children ..?

Sure would...no way I'm taking care of some other dude's kids.

Jamt
07-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Jesus grow up. Just becouse a woman has children dos not mean she is not a woman and so on. And a woman is always atractive.

SwordoftheVistula
07-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Jesus grow up. Just becouse a woman has children dos not mean she is not a woman and so on. And a woman is always atractive.

I think the question was about long term relationships, not whether we'd turn down a night with a milf

Angantyr
07-03-2009, 03:17 AM

I would not be simply looking for attractiveness or sexuality. I would be looking for something long term to start a family, and I think that was the intent of the question.

Amarantine
07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
After viewing " Another Forum " I ran across this question and was amazed at the answers, so I ask here to see what my friends here would say ..?

Of course I could love them! Children simple must love no matter who are the parents...and in situation that you love him or her what is more natural then love her or his kids, also?

But as I see here and in real life men usually don't like this kind of situation (sadly) but women are more open minded.

Loki
07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
But as I see here and in real life men usually don't like this kind of situation (sadly) but women are more open minded.

True, but this is because nature has endowed the man with a greater urge to spread his own seed. It is part of what we are, hardcoded genetically. No matter how much the mind has been indoctrinated, the man will always try to procreate - consciously or subconsciously.

In wild animals, it can often be observed that a male would kill rival offspring, so as to promote the survival of his own line instead. Lion males often kill cubs of other lions when they take over a pride of lionesses. This is a very important evolutionary process, which ensures that the offspring of the fittest lion survive - and thus benefiting the species' gene pool.

Groenewolf
07-03-2009, 06:41 PM
If I could love them, probaly. As much if would do if they where of my own blood, probaly no.

Lyfing
07-05-2009, 06:25 PM
That is some question Honey. I can speak from experience so I will say a few things..

I have two step-children, and I love them to death. They are my wife's kids. And, they are my family. There ain't no body walking around that I would rather see than them.

Zack is a good boy. He acts like his Daddy if you ask me. He is a very nordic fellow and Zack will be tall and lanky too it seems. Every time it storms he talks of Thor..his Daddy didn't teach him that. I did. He loves my stories..they will make him a great man one day if he takes them to heart.

Rachel is beautiful. It's not hard to tell that she is my favorite. She is a girl, and I don't reckon her Daddy has ever seen her but once. She calls some other dude Daddy, ( she calls me Tom and sometimes Thomas ) but she is mine as the day is long. There ain't nothing I wouldn't do for her. She is mine and as long I live won't nobody mess with her and she will be taken care of.

So yeah, I can love some other dude's kids. They are my wife's kids too you know. I have a Momma, and Mommas love their kids more than anybody..even Daddys and Husbands. And, if one loves some woman's kids like she does even if they ain't theirs you really have a way to their heart because you're a good man.

That is all I have to say..so Good Day,

Later,
-Lyfing

Germanicus
07-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Mrs G has 2 sons from a previous marriage, they are grown up boys who flew the nest years ago, however they are good fine lads and would be proud to have them as my sons.
As i say they have left the nest, but i am here for them whenever they need me.

Phlegethon
07-05-2009, 08:16 PM
About which kind of love are we talking here anyway?

Storge? Pragma? Agape?

Brynhild
07-05-2009, 10:17 PM
While I see the logic in some of the sentiments pointed out, I have my own take on this (of course!:P)

I'm now a middle-aged woman - touched goods you might say - who has three kids to a man I'm no longer with. Any potential boyfriend who enters my realm will know this straight off, my family and I are a package. Having said that, they're getting older now and carving out their own lives.

I'm no longer at the age that I wish to bear any more children, I have been through that process. It was some of the best (and worst) times of my life, I wanted my kids close in age and I achieved this.

The odds are greater for men and women of my age group - who are no longer married - to already have had kids of their own. It would also be said that very few of us would want any more, let alone with anybody else. I would have no such qualms about loving anyone else's kids. Of course, mine will always come first, but over time an established relationship would allow me to love that man's children just as much. I would hope that the man feels the same way about my kids as well, because that's just how it is. If any man doesn't accept this, he isn't worth having around.